As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: Logical Journey of the (Death) Zambonis.

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I like Quiver for moments like this:
    https://youtu.be/LExagSl_3wo

Even though I missed the third shot, they were stuck in it anyways and I could see them hiding with Keen Scout.

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    sPider817 wrote: »
    Is that percentage of kills that were precision or your accuracy with each weapon type?

I think percentage of kills that were precision. Otherwise that would mean that 93% of my shotgun pellets miss.

Yeah, looking at the chart and noting that weapons that can't crit have nothing in the precision column leads me to think that as well

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    I made a new Warlock last night. I didn't have any of my existing Warlock's subclasses leveled and I wanted to make an old man Warlock.

He kind of looks like a grey-haired, scarred Jeff Daniels. He's awesome.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    I use Gjally until Aksis pt.2 then I switch to the raid LMG.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    My raid setup is typically Bad Juju, Quantiplasm/fast reload sniper (been using my Bitter Edge a lot), and Qullim's Terminus for heavy. Bad Juju helps keep my super up for captains, Quantiplasm is great since I've been on energy running/add duty during the first/third fights respectively (even better since it's void and I have Void Double Down on my boots. I get extra armor and run/reload SO fast)

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Right now I am using my Keystone, Quantiplasim and Gjally.

I will probably switch up to OP, Quantiplasim, Raid Mg(when I get one and until then I have a Britemart's Stand that's pretty a pretty great roll)

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Your shader inventory full?

I'm kinda annoyed that Gifts of the Lost are just sorta pointless after you've gotten the shader. Basically instead of just filling all the bags when you play now once you do your 4 for 3 mask trades and 1 bag it just becomes mostly pointless.

Wished they'd left in even a small chance at a new mask to provide some sort of incentive to care.

No... made sure I had lots of room

So far I'm just up 5 jackolytes :confused:

Yeah, that shader only procced on my 2nd Bag.

Does seem to be RNG even though on the preview it says "Guaranteed".

PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • Options
    Having not run HM WotM yet, are the shanks and dregs in the second fight too high level for an axion bolt to kill? My strategy has generally been to toss grenades at each group of spawns to proc ashes to assets, Juju for the like 1.5 second I don't have grenade. Just curious if this same tactic is going to work in HM or if I need to adapt

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    @Celian @Muffinatron @other raid people I'm going to be about 15 mins late for the raid, apologies

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    I generally don't use hand cannons, but I'm using Word of Crota for the Thorn quest. Man, I'm terrible with these. A scout rifle, you fire a shot, your reticule stays mostly on target, maybe you bring it down a smidge. An auto rifle or pulse rifle, you have yourself always lowering your aim by a small constant amount. A hand cannon? The thing damn near throws yourself out of its hands as your aim tilts up like thirty degrees and you have to completely retarget after every single shot, and my eye can't even follow where the reticule is. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    I generally don't use hand cannons, but I'm using Word of Crota for the Thorn quest. Man, I'm terrible with these. A scout rifle, you fire a shot, your reticule stays mostly on target, maybe you bring it down a smidge. An auto rifle or pulse rifle, you have yourself always lowering your aim by a small constant amount. A hand cannon? The thing damn near throws yourself out of its hands as your aim tilts up like thirty degrees and you have to completely retarget after every single shot, and my eye can't even follow where the reticule is. I don't know what I'm supposed to do with that!

I didn't like Word of Crota either and ended up using Atheon's Epilogue. It worked much better for me.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    Yea, I'm on Thorn 2.0 and went into Supremacy with the Word as a Defender to do the mask kills at the same time. In the time I got 30 kill credits I had 3 primary kills. Fuck that gun. I'll do it with the Epilogue like I did the first time round.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

I didn't like Word of Crota either and ended up using Atheon's Epilogue. It worked much better for me.

The best part of Thorn quest is when you're grinding your way through using shitty guns, getting your ass handed to you, then you finish mid-match and switch to your good guns. It's like when you pick up a Power Pellet in Pac-Man.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »

The best part of Thorn quest is when you're grinding your way through using shitty guns, getting your ass handed to you, then you finish mid-match and switch to your good guns. It's like when you pick up a Power Pellet in Pac-Man.

This is the best most perfect way to describe how I felt after completing the First Curse crucible quest

• Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I found it easier to just weaken them with a normal primary (if needed) and finish off with a Void special than to handicap myself with Word or Epilogue, like a Void shotty (Dead Orbit)/Void Saladshooter/sidearm and a Truth, and of course your Void subclass

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    Telesto, as always, is besto

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Got the green shader from a rift match. It sure is a color, boy howdy.

Edit: Oh also Forged a But Not Forgotten with Oiled Frame, Single Point Sling, and Hidden Hand. Looks like I'm going to be trying a sniper in PvP, partially because this seems like a good roll but also because I can't aim this shotgun for shit lately.

Peen on
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Missed the raid set-up discussion, but here's my gearing weapon wise:

Opening the Doors + Vosik: Outbreak Prime, Event Horizon (Vendor roll crucible sniper), Infinite Void Edge
    Zamboni Onwards: Colovance's Duty (old Iron Banner vendor roll with Explosive Rounds, Triple Tap and Third Eye - none of those pesky precision kills for me), Event Horizon, Dark Drinker.

I'm also running Memory of Radegast throughout for extra sword ammo.

Dark Drinker is great for killing captains in the latter phases and is the undisputed king of Aksis Phase 2 DPS.

Without Dark Drinker you're probably best going either Gjally or Sleeper Simulant.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    Outbreak Prime supposedly outdamages both Gjally and Sleeper. Only problem you run into is a dearth of primary ammo.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Outbreak Prime supposedly outdamages both Gjally and Sleeper. Only problem you run into is a dearth of primary ammo.

At Vosik, it's about the same as a Gjallarhorn. Sleeper is ahead, provided you get crits with all 9 shots. Given that you need heavy to deal with captains, Outbreak is the preferred choice there for me.

At Aksis phase 2 he does not count as fallen for Outbreak Prime's bonus damage. Sleeper and Gjally are both much better for DPS there.

Muffinatron on
  • Options
    edited October 2016

At Vosik, it's about the same as a Gjallarhorn. Sleeper is ahead, provided you get crits with all 9 shots. Given that you need heavy to deal with captains, Outbreak is the preferred choice there for me.

At Aksis phase 2 he does not count as fallen for Outbreak Prime's bonus damage. Sleeper and Gjally are both much better for DPS there.

For Aksis Phase 2 I use EX MACHINA~ during the first and second stuns and then Dark Drinker for the DPS phase. Kill Captains will Super. Works out pretty well.

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
  • Options

For Aksis Phase 2 I use EX MACHINA~ during the first and second stuns and then Dark Drinker for the DPS phase. Kill Captains will Super. Works out pretty well.

I'm usually running the cannon so I use that for first and second stuns then switch over to Dark Drinker for final DPS.

@Khraul what do you still need to do to get Dark Drinker/Raze Lighter? Anything I can do to help?

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    It's golden gun, except it's not hitscan, its aiming is kinda awkward, and it's got a pretty significant startup time before each shot. I prefer to go with black hole for PvP, myself. Just focus on the debuff part of the tether instead of using it as an offensive super. That's just a matter of taste on my part, though.

You forget the damage reduction, and the fact that you can fire from a standing position (or running/jumping) without summoning the the bow, and the activation sound that alerts your opponents is concurrent with an arrow being shot into his face. All those things mean that a Nightstalker can instantly overpower any primary weapon at range.

• Options
    Booker wrote: »
    It's golden gun, except it's not hitscan, its aiming is kinda awkward, and it's got a pretty significant startup time before each shot. I prefer to go with black hole for PvP, myself. Just focus on the debuff part of the tether instead of using it as an offensive super. That's just a matter of taste on my part, though.

You forget the damage reduction, and the fact that you can fire from a standing position (or running/jumping) without summoning the the bow, and the activation sound that alerts your opponents is concurrent with an arrow being shot into his face. All those things mean that a Nightstalker can instantly overpower any primary weapon at range.
    Yeah, just, "a bit better than a primary" isn't a huge get for me.

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    Instantly Overpower >>>>> a bit better

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    Next question... best heavy for the raid?

I FINALLY got a heavy upgrade... gjally? Void sword? Sleeper sim? A machine gun?

I don't have raze lighter or dark drinker.

Heavy is the only* slot I rotate when running the raid.

Intro: Gjally
    Vosik: Gjally or Sleeper (am I feeling lazy, or do I want to aim?)
    * Lately I've been swapping to Outbreak Prime + Raid LMG , but I really don't like pulse rifles
    Zamboni, Aksis P1: Gjally or Dark Drinker
    Aksis P2: Dark Drinker

PS: Get you a Dark Drinker. =P

I'll have to work on DD... I love my sleeper Sim.

I'm usually running the cannon so I use that for first and second stuns then switch over to Dark Drinker for final DPS.

@Khraul what do you still need to do to get Dark Drinker/Raze Lighter? Anything I can do to help?

I need the strike for raze lighter and I haven't started DD yet, so mat farming and the strike.

If we're on at the same time I'm totally game for help with the strike. It's impossible with pubs involved so far.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    Erevar wrote: »
    Next question... best heavy for the raid?

I FINALLY got a heavy upgrade... gjally? Void sword? Sleeper sim? A machine gun?

I don't have raze lighter or dark drinker.

Heavy is the only* slot I rotate when running the raid.

Intro: Gjally
    Vosik: Gjally or Sleeper (am I feeling lazy, or do I want to aim?)
    * Lately I've been swapping to Outbreak Prime + Raid LMG , but I really don't like pulse rifles
    Zamboni, Aksis P1: Gjally or Dark Drinker
    Aksis P2: Dark Drinker

PS: Get you a Dark Drinker. =P

I'll have to work on DD... I love my sleeper Sim.

I need the strike for raze lighter and I haven't started DD yet, so mat farming and the strike.

If we're on at the same time I'm totally game for help with the strike. It's impossible with pubs involved so far.

If you get the mat farming done for Dark Drinker first then we can knock them both out back to back once we find a third (shouldn't be too hard).

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Alright. ANY hunter out there interested in a nightfall?

Seidkona on
  • Options
    mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    I know you're looking for right now, but I'll be on in a bit less than 2 hours

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
  • Options
    I'm getting on.

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Welp... Thorn GET!

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    So here's an interesting article from Polygon:
    Asked to explain why he believes his opponents were cheating, OdysseyWolf said he and his teammates "talked to people that were also ‘disconnected’ by the same offenders. Their trials report shows them going again constant ‘deserters.’" In other words, it turned out that OdysseyWolf’s opponents had a string of games against teams with only two players — a telltale sign that they may have been cheating.

Another player, LanAkou, asserted that DDoS attacks in Trials of Osiris seem to be more common in Destiny’s third year of existence. Others agree, and expressed frustration at what they see as Bungie’s lack of action on these issues.

"I've played about 10 tickets in year 3," said LanAkou. "4 of them would have been lighthouses if not for DDOS. Check their match history on GuardianGG and sure enough, it was a DDOS each and every time."

DDoS attacks aren’t the only tactic that people are allegedly using to gain an unfair advantage in Trials matches. A number of players have complained about being spammed with PlayStation Network messages. The issue here is that the PS4 displays all notifications, including those for messages, in the top left corner of the screen — which obscures Destiny’s in-game radar.

"I got blasted with nearly 100 spam messages during Trials last weekend," said Redditor dorrisx. "[They] said ‘fuck you’ along with some link to a site that spams PSN accounts."

This is the first I have heard of DDoS's used for Trials cheaters. Usually it's suspect redbars who seem to have lag armor. But, there are a lot of games where one member of the team will suddenly 'quit', right as the match starts. We had a game two weeks ago where everyone except me was booted to orbit. I had to capture the zone every round to prevent a loss on my card.

• Options
    So here's an interesting article from Polygon:
    Asked to explain why he believes his opponents were cheating, OdysseyWolf said he and his teammates "talked to people that were also ‘disconnected’ by the same offenders. Their trials report shows them going again constant ‘deserters.’" In other words, it turned out that OdysseyWolf’s opponents had a string of games against teams with only two players — a telltale sign that they may have been cheating.

Another player, LanAkou, asserted that DDoS attacks in Trials of Osiris seem to be more common in Destiny’s third year of existence. Others agree, and expressed frustration at what they see as Bungie’s lack of action on these issues.

"I've played about 10 tickets in year 3," said LanAkou. "4 of them would have been lighthouses if not for DDOS. Check their match history on GuardianGG and sure enough, it was a DDOS each and every time."

DDoS attacks aren’t the only tactic that people are allegedly using to gain an unfair advantage in Trials matches. A number of players have complained about being spammed with PlayStation Network messages. The issue here is that the PS4 displays all notifications, including those for messages, in the top left corner of the screen — which obscures Destiny’s in-game radar.

"I got blasted with nearly 100 spam messages during Trials last weekend," said Redditor dorrisx. "[They] said ‘fuck you’ along with some link to a site that spams PSN accounts."

This is the first I have heard of DDoS's used for Trials cheaters. Usually it's suspect redbars who seem to have lag armor. But, there are a lot of games where one member of the team will suddenly 'quit', right as the match starts. We had a game two weeks ago where everyone except me was booted to orbit. I had to capture the zone every round to prevent a loss on my card.

On the PSN messages, you can disable those notifications (as you can for all events that give you notifications on your PS4)

I've done it in the past due to some particularly salty bad hombres in the crucible.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I tried getting spammed with invites/messages in Trials of Osiris so much once that I originally thought it was a DDoS last year.

... Turned out to be 2 (probably young) danish morons who seemed to think that if they were persistent and annoying enough (spam me with invites/messages, especially while I was inside a Trials match) I'd eventually join them?

Welcome to my ignore list, dickweeds.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I can only hope to one day be good enough for assholes to hate spam me.

• Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Today someone messaged me "report" after a game.

Pretty sure it was the hunter I was flanking right as he golden gunned and then beat down.

I couldn't hold back the bagging. It needed to be done.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Thanks @cB557 and @mosssnack for helping with the first leg of the op quest.

Seidkona on
  • Options
    this face when you get thorn and are kinda drunk:
    giphy.gif

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    My first raid clear locked down!

Huge thanks to @MagicPrime @Fawst @lakhesis, @Thetheroo and @The_Raging_Platypus

Got a ton of swag, started the OP questline and had a ton of fun.

Thanks to a call from Tetra we used the fourth pillar to recover from a missed dunk and then mopped up Akhsis POST-enrage!

Thanks again fellas!

14633142_10154485965970631_2151503437579541542_o.jpg

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Tetrareggaeton is me, btw.