As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: Logical Journey of the (Death) Zambonis.

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    The first clip, I like how I just come up when he rezzes and casually shoot him back down because of all the damage from your Landfall.

The second clip, you weren't kidding about that melee that he dodged. That was some next level blinking right there.

ElementWrath on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Flawless #2 for me, this time with @mosssnack and @ElementalWrath !
    l4vsetdbtuyc.png
    Pretty painless run, no losses on the card. We did have two matches where it was a tough fight, but for the most part we rolled the enemy. Lots of wins where the key to victory was smart super management, callouts and... shotguns. Lots of shotguns.

Oh, and I used No Land Beyond the whole card :D

Final round, last match before Flawless, Stormcalller v Sunsinger
    https://youtu.be/NC0nM8DN-6M

Why you always take Snapshot on NLB
    https://youtu.be/MopLpzNGHAU

Because I was unceremoniously BotP'd

• sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    @sPider817 I am at the final phase of the op quest finally.

We just need to find us a hunter to synch with.

Awesome! I'll probably be around most of the week for IB

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Did the thing last night and yeah, I'm not a hand cannon or scout rifle guy yet. It's pulse rifles for me, I just need to get better at headshots (said every fps player ever).

I did finally get a Bones of Eao out of a 3ofC exotic, that's exciting to me.

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    While last night was not a winning night of trials I felt like our team had some good individual rounds.

Thanks @Elki and @AngrySquirrel

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    After several nights off of Destiny, I hope to get back into the swing of things before reset. God-willing the Lighthouse is in the cards for tonight. Or at least that Skeleton Key shader.
    Iron Banner hype is also grand. I shall be a flaming wolf head of justice!

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Still havent gotten a single Skeleton Key since the day FotL arrived.

Guess my chances of getting that last shader are slim.

Sirialis on
  • mosssnackmosssnack Yeah right, man, Bishop should go! Good idea!Registered User regular
    These two weeks of inferno-ish trials was pretty fun. I'd personally prefer if they did it without special ammo, but I could see a ton of people not having any fun with that.

However, I'm looking forward to regular trials again. No radar and a lack of audio cues just leads to some real inconsistent gameplay for me. The look speed in destiny isn't like CoD or something where I can snap 90 or 180 degrees in any direction and check corners efficiently.

I'm glad bungie tried it out though and I hope they feel encouraged to try other modifiers during trials in the future.

XBL: mosssnack12
    bnet: moss*1454
    I definitely cranked up my headset to as loud as possible. I remember distinctly a moment last night where I heard an enemy jump from a preposterous distance and it allowed us to pincer them. No radar is fun but it just makes CQC disorienting, and can make it annoying when the last enemy just runs and hides.

Mayhem Trials on Burning Shrine plz

edited November 2016
    I really enjoyed the no ressing part of it. That was a lot of fun.

The no radar thing can go right to hell though.

Seidkona on
    @Local H Jay I just realized you tagged my name incorrectly. Y u do dis.

I am altering your name, pray I don't alter it any further

• ElinElin Registered User regular
    Well, I've been out since vanilla but everyone at work got Rise of Iron and then started exerting peer pressure. I'll be playing again in about an hour.

Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    nvm

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    I am altering your name, pray I don't alter it any further

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WpE_xMRiCLE

edited November 2016
    Anyone on PSN side that can help with SIVA puzzle boxes? We need a warlock.

Squall has a party up.

No joy...

.... off to see Doctor Strange with the kids though :biggrin:

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    @Local H Jay @mosssnack Could we try for the post-flawless emblem at some point?

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Anybody able to do some mediocre but at least we'll finish the bounties trials later tonight? If not it's fine, I can prep more for iron banner, but after the disaster last weekend I'd like to redeem myself a little.

@Local H Jay @mosssnack Could we try for the post-flawless emblem at some point?

Yah, I don't mind. Wish they would add the new shader to the drop table already.

• WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    So I have not had any internet for the past couple weeks as I've been moving -- I will get proper internet Tuesday. I have some limited internet so I can grab some of the Festival stuff...

What should I do to get the quickest low hanging candied fruit of halloween stuff?

So I have not had any internet for the past couple weeks as I've been moving -- I will get proper internet Tuesday. I have some limited internet so I can grab some of the Festival stuff...

What should I do to get the quickest low hanging candied fruit of halloween stuff?

A quest on as many characters as possible. If you can get a PA fireteam it should be reasonably quick, maybe 2 hours.

• cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular

Also do the raisin mini-quest to get superblack.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
    PvP today is nothing but matadors and bad connections...

...I think I'm gonna go watch Luke Cage :sad:

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Khraul wrote: »

There are worse ways to spend a Sunday evening

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
    I bought some Festival of the Lost Packages.

I didn't have much to show for it until the last one, but I got a Ghost Ghost.

Should I be proud or ashamed of that $10?

I would drop $10 right now for the fucking sparrow

Oh wait I did and didn't get shit

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular

Yes.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited November 2016
    I dont really spend money on Microtransactions.

But I will say that if I was supposed to spend some, that Sparrow had better have the superboost, which it does not.

Sirialis on
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

What are the perks on a Ghost Ghost? It should make your spawn permanently spooky.

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular

What are the perks on a Ghost Ghost? It should make your spawn permanently spooky.

Just regular ole random ghost shell perks

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Vagabond wrote: »

Just regular ole random ghost shell perks

But spookier.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Ok, dumb question that I should already know the answer to: I just noticed that the Road to 400 infographic (spoilered) has Iron Lord Bounties in the 400 tier. How do these bounties get you to 400? I thought they just awarded a healthy chunk of rep and XP. Do they have a chance for item drops, too?
    5k45zf9uckad.jpg

edited November 2016
    The weekly Iron bounties can very rarely give exotics.

Sirialis on
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    Ok, dumb question that I should already know the answer to: I just noticed that the Road to 400 infographic (spoilered) has Iron Lord Bounties in the 400 tier. How do these bounties get you to 400? I thought they just awarded a healthy chunk of rep and XP. Do they have a chance for item drops, too?
    5k45zf9uckad.jpg

Just like the weekly Crucible and Trials bounties, stuff falls out when you collect these bounties. Equip best stuff before turning them in.

• The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »

Seriously, man. I was in Florida for a business trip all week, and come back to teleporting shotgunners and non-registering fusion shots. Admittedly I was rusty as fuck after a week of not playing, but that crap was enraging. My wife had to come into the room and tell me to "go shoot monsters" (i.e. play some goddamn PvE you raging lunatic) because I was so frustrated.

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • cncaudatacncaudata Registered User regular
    FWIW, I can confirm that this weekend seemed anecdotally horrible, with loads of teleporting players dying 2-3 second after they were shot.

PSN: Broodax- battle.net: broodax#1163
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    5k45zf9uckad.jpg

Iron Lord as in Efrideet I believe.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    5k45zf9uckad.jpg

Just like the weekly Crucible and Trials bounties, stuff falls out when you collect these bounties. Equip best stuff before turning them in.

Oh, good to know! I kinda stopped doing them after finishing the Record Book requirements. Now I'll make a point to at least pick them up every week.

Shiro's weekly "Plaugelander" quest (the one with all the Patrol missions) doesn't award anything other than Engrams after doing it the first time, right? I've been ignoring this, too.

• DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    5k45zf9uckad.jpg

Oh, good to know! I kinda stopped doing them after finishing the Record Book requirements. Now I'll make a point to at least pick them up every week.

Shiro's weekly "Plaugelander" quest (the one with all the Patrol missions) doesn't award anything other than Engrams after doing it the first time, right? I've been ignoring this, too.

A pretty huge chunk of vanguard rep as well.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited November 2016
    They're great for leveling subclasses.

Switch to one you don't have leveled before you pop them.

Seidkona on