As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: Logical Journey of the (Death) Zambonis.

1939495969799»

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    They're great for leveling subclasses.

Switch to one you don't have leveled before you pop them.

???

"Unleveled subclasses"? We have dismissed that claim.

• MuffinatronMuffinatron Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Entaru wrote: »
    They're great for leveling subclasses.

Switch to one you don't have leveled before you pop them.

???

"Unleveled subclasses"? We have dismissed that claim.

What does 'unlevelled subclass' even mean?

Muffinatron on
    PSN: Holy-Promethium
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    After this weekend, I no longer know! (My Stormcaller was two bubbles away from completion for a long damn time; my Nightstalker was about the same, but I finished that one a week ago.)

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Hmm... I had a pretty good weekend myself. I got the jealousy, a plan-c, and hit 350 light. Got some other stuff as well. Will likely try and wrap these FOTL quests up tonight, or do what I can since I have the 350LL to do it now.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    My Voidwalker subclass is still unleveled, less than halfway. I've been meaning to fix that, at one point I had it fully leveled but I deleted that character (RIP Purple Steve you bald bitch). Besides, Stormballa 4 lyfe.

• The Big LevinskyThe Big Levinsky Registered User regular
    Got my hunter to 400 while only ever having played about three PvP matches and three regular raid clears (only two of those were Aksis kills).

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I finally managed to nab Candlelight, it only took 5 Skeleton Keys and we all know how rare those are. It actually looks kinda sweet on Raid armor.

Three characters through the FotL quests, and no Ghost Ghost or Spooky Sparrow. (I'm ashamed to admit buying some treasure boxes, and no dice there either.) :(

Overall, I appreciate having a free event but wish the FotL rewards had been a bit more substantial.

awsimo on
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Broom sparrow was the best thing about FOTL, for me anyway. So stupid, so awesome.

• Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I got both ghosts, the sparrow and the dragon skin for Bad Juju from treasure boxes. Would be a good haul except both ghosts are sub 90% so instead it's like somebody from Bungie came to my house and pissed on my cat.

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    Almost time for a new thread! Ideas for a thread title? I have a December idea, but not a November idea.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    My Voidwalker subclass is still unleveled, less than halfway. I've been meaning to fix that, at one point I had it fully leveled but I deleted that character (RIP Purple Steve you bald bitch). Besides, Stormballa 4 lyfe.

Void is da best for the Wrath Raid. It's not even close.

• awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    Happy Shanksgiving?

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    awsimo wrote: »
    Happy Shanksgiving?

My crazy uncle is totally like an exploding shank.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
    Happy Shanksgiving?

I like this

With Aksis to so much food, you'll probably get Vosik

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Had an amazing time playing Spooky Trials with @Booker and @Arteen yesterday. Even though we didn't really get close to the Lighthouse, we had some pretty good matches, I got my emblem and some nice boots. Some amazing clutch plays all around. I had one game where - as it was starting - a member of the opposing team messaged me "can we win?" I got multiple Wrecking Balls and ended up with 13 kills. After we trounced them I replied back simply "No."

Also I didn't really get salty at all, which - if you've played with me before in the Crucible - you know is some sort of miracle. I think if this hadn't been no-radar/no-revive or maybe even just a different map we could have made it. Thanks guys!

EDIT: LUL
    iqEPztyl.png

Vagabond on
    vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    This is a cool thing some bro on Reddit made, it's a weapon perk calculator to let you see how changing shit on your gun changes its stats. I used it to figure out that I can hit the range cap on that Matador I was on the fence about, guess it's time to try being the shadestepping shotty asshole I've always been at heart.

Ugh, trying to level my Regalia set but, it's all Wormspore and I have been out. Eris used to sell it, right? Now I have to grind some out...

• ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    GMaster7 wrote: »
    Almost time for a new thread! Ideas for a thread title? I have a December idea, but not a November idea.

LL 0 at 4:30 pm

Nightfalls way too Early

They Will Try To Thank You, Thank Them Baaack

• ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Vagabond wrote: »
    Had an amazing time playing Spooky Trials with Booker and Arteen yesterday. Even though we didn't really get close to the Lighthouse, we had some pretty good matches, I got my emblem and some nice boots. Some amazing clutch plays all around. I had one game where - as it was starting - a member of the opposing team messaged me "can we win?" I got multiple Wrecking Balls and ended up with 13 kills. After we trounced them I replied back simply "No."

Also I didn't really get salty at all, which - if you've played with me before in the Crucible - you know is some sort of miracle. I think if this hadn't been no-radar/no-revive or maybe even just a different map we could have made it. Thanks guys!

We should play more Trials next week when it's back to normal! If I can reach the Lighthouse you certainly can. I hope to see you there.

I did alright earlier in the week (see: KleptoTV match) but was floundering when not on my Titan. This map/modifier combination is brutal.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Days late, but Malakaius, Deathsparky, and I went into Trials on Friday afternoon. Got to five wins on our second card, yay! Each one of us actually got the emblem, which was nice. That was the first time I ever went into Trials. Never bothered before, and my god, is that fun without revives or a map. Throughout the matches, I wound up with a garbage Pariah Hood, an OK Winged Sun Boots, and a 96% rolled Cobra's Vigil Gloves. Fun times, some salty losses, some epic victories (I'm still proud of that silly shotgun kill I got), and a nifty emblem. Good first time experience with the Trials!

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Arteen wrote: »
    Had an amazing time playing Spooky Trials with Booker and Arteen yesterday. Even though we didn't really get close to the Lighthouse, we had some pretty good matches, I got my emblem and some nice boots. Some amazing clutch plays all around. I had one game where - as it was starting - a member of the opposing team messaged me "can we win?" I got multiple Wrecking Balls and ended up with 13 kills. After we trounced them I replied back simply "No."

We should play more Trials next week when it's back to normal! If I can reach the Lighthouse you certainly can. I hope to see you there.

I did alright earlier in the week (see: KleptoTV match) but was floundering when not on my Titan. This map/modifier combination is brutal.

We'll make it. This is my new mission.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
    Arteen wrote: »

We'll make it. This is my new mission.

You have my Shotgun.

• AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    Speaking of Trials, is anyone on the xbox side available to run a couple cards tonight after 8:00pm EST?

Also thanks to shoebox, hax, drak, evil monkey, and zombie gandhi for letting me tag along to kill hardmode Aksis last night.

Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
    I would love to run some cards tonight.

• EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Days late, but Malakaius, Deathsparky, and I went into Trials on Friday afternoon. Got to five wins on our second card, yay! Each one of us actually got the emblem, which was nice. That was the first time I ever went into Trials. Never bothered before, and my god, is that fun without revives or a map. Throughout the matches, I wound up with a garbage Pariah Hood, an OK Winged Sun Boots, and a 96% rolled Cobra's Vigil Gloves. Fun times, some salty losses, some epic victories (I'm still proud of that silly shotgun kill I got), and a nifty emblem. Good first time experience with the Trials!

There may have been a discussion when I played with these 2 yesterday along the lines of "Piggy needs to play more like Fawst!" :P

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    edited November 2016
    I need a couple people to run my post 9 win games for the emblem. I doubt @mosssnack will be online, but I really don't want this to go to waste. I should be on around 8 pm EST. Probably looking for people I've already run trials with before, so @Booker @Arteen and @Local H Jay

If we can't make it happen, that's fine, but I'd really like to at least run until I get the emblem or close out the card. I still have my Mercy boon, so it's at least 4 games.

ElementWrath on
    I'm down, might go see Doctor Strange later but, should be on either way

• SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Speaking of Trials, is anyone on the xbox side available to run a couple cards tonight after 8:00pm EST?

Also thanks to shoebox, hax, drak, evil monkey, and zombie gandhi for letting me tag along to kill hardmode Aksis last night.

I will try to get on tonight around then but I can't guarantee it.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Zombie GandhiZombie Gandhi Registered User regular
    After the two successful Aksis runs last night, the dance card only has trying to get Candlelight and Trials on it tonight. Sounds like there is a good amount of interest on the XB1 side, so if any groups need a shotty, let me know. I'm still salty I haven't hit Mercury yet in Y3, and it's time to put Trials back into focus.

edited November 2016
    By the way, something very interesting that I noticed with my flawless ornaments last night. When you toggle them you can see that when they're turned on it basically refurbishes your armor, removing scrapes, wear, imperfections. It literally makes your armor prisitine, like new. Makes it flawless.

ElementWrath on
  • The Big LevinskyThe Big Levinsky Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Get ready to splice the turkey in [Destiny]!

[Destiny]: Aksis about our Pumpkin Splice Latte!

The Big Levinsky on
  • GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Happy Shanksgiving?
    Get ready to splice the turkey in [Destiny]!

[Destiny]: Aksis about our Pumpkin Splice Latte!

Good suggestions. You all win.

Btw, I know Thanksgiving (in November) is an American thing. But I think we can all still be sappy and thankful for each other, even you Canadians and Europeans and whatnot.

Edit: New thread, friendos!

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/207877/destiny-happy-shanksgiving-aksis-about-our-pumpkin-splice-lattes/#latest

GMaster7 on
    PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G