As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    Just chiming in, I still haven't moved my vote because from what I've seen, Jpants' argument for voting Kilnaga had more analysis and theory behind it than typical day 1 votes. There's no science to a day 1 vote, and we need to have a majority, so I sided with the best logic I saw.

Is the reasoning weak? Sure. So is all day 1 reasoning.

Is throwing the vote day 1 just so we can see who can do what with their abilities a good idea? No, I do not think it is.

If we're going to get ANY information from killing someone with the vote, I think it's there. I've been quiet because I don't think there's anything more to add.

Fair.
    Kilnaga

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Still think Mafia is more likely tonpick up on 'Murder' than the village but the wording is in the OP.

I could flip back and forth on Jpants all day it seems.

discrider on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Is your win condition to have a vote on everyone every day?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    I feel like the "nobody fire a kill" logic is depending pretty heavily on the hope that we're actually going to learn something tonight.

If there are roles out there that can seer/know how people died/etc..., they will have to reveal to share any of that information. Which means they're likely dead the next night. So, there's a lot of hoping and wishing that if they reveal, the guard is there to protect them.

I'm worried that we're putting a lot of faith in information suddenly appearing on Day 2. What happens if it doesn't? Are we then going to change and ask everyone with a kill to fire it?

If we didn't learn anything from the massive (waste of a...) conversation today, what do we think we'll learn on Day 2 when the mafia has essentially been given a free shot with no risk because they can hide in a place of either "no vote" or just putting a vote literally anywhere since it isn't going to kill someone.

• Options
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Is your win condition to have a vote on everyone every day?

Obviously my lousy power is a secret royal decree +10.

Seriously though, I've got enough time so I may as well (ab)use it.

• Options
    I feel like the "nobody fire a kill" logic is depending pretty heavily on the hope that we're actually going to learn something tonight.

If there are roles out there that can seer/know how people died/etc..., they will have to reveal to share any of that information. Which means they're likely dead the next night. So, there's a lot of hoping and wishing that if they reveal, the guard is there to protect them.

I'm worried that we're putting a lot of faith in information suddenly appearing on Day 2. What happens if it doesn't? Are we then going to change and ask everyone with a kill to fire it?

If we didn't learn anything from the massive (waste of a...) conversation today, what do we think we'll learn on Day 2 when the mafia has essentially been given a free shot with no risk because they can hide in a place of either "no vote" or just putting a vote literally anywhere since it isn't going to kill someone.

Hence my premature Post or Die.
    I figured if we weren't going to vote I may as well get everyone talking so there was some record to look back on.
    Because if there's no record then post analysis becomes really important and so we need some posts.

• Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    Raising an eyebrow at @Moridin889 and their conspicuous usage of "we" and "us" pronouns.

Moridin! Explain yourselves!

• Options
    Moridin889Moridin889 Registered User regular
    Green wrote: »
    Raising an eyebrow at @Moridin889 and their conspicuous usage of "we" and "us" pronouns.

We are me and me are we.

What's the difficulty?

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    I figured if we weren't going to vote I may as well get everyone talking so there was some record to look back on.
    Because if there's no record then post analysis becomes really important and so we need some posts.

That's great and all, but all that's really done if there is no vote kill or vig kill is to force people to do what they already had to do in order to stave off inactivity.

Maybe it's just that there were 4 pages of conversation about punctuation that has killed a lot of desire to keep up with this thread, but I'm still not understanding the reasoning other than what seems to be a statement of "odds are, you're killing a villager".

While that's true, it's also one less person to waste a vote or another kill on. So yes, with 30 people, it's a ~24/30 or 25/30 odds of hitting a village. Also a 6/30 chance of hitting mafia. If no kill, it's a 0/30 chance.

• Options

That's great and all, but all that's really done if there is no vote kill or vig kill is to force people to do what they already had to do in order to stave off inactivity.

Maybe it's just that there were 4 pages of conversation about punctuation that has killed a lot of desire to keep up with this thread, but I'm still not understanding the reasoning other than what seems to be a statement of "odds are, you're killing a villager".

While that's true, it's also one less person to waste a vote or another kill on. So yes, with 30 people, it's a ~24/30 or 25/30 odds of hitting a village. Also a 6/30 chance of hitting mafia. If no kill, it's a 0/30 chance.

We still believe the 'Oxford comma' is a way for the Beast to hide its communications.

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Can someone do a vote and post count?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Can someone do a vote and post count?

1 2 3 not it

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    WACriminal wrote: »
    It occurs to me that talking like this, the vig is gonna stab the fuck out of me.

Oh well. I stand by my words.

Why do you think this line of reasoning makes you suspect?
    Alternatively, if you think it does not, and then are vigged anyway, your logic is sound and you should feel vindicated (assuming you are village).

I don't think it makes me suspect. I think it attracts the vig's attention.

I think a good vig would rather kill someone they find suspicious, rather than someone who is just speculating about the proper way to use their power

I agree! But it's apparent I disagree with the common wisdom on what "a good vig" means. :lol:
    In fairness, I had terrible fucking aim in Supernatural, so I understand I suck at this game.

• Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Being a vig is tough. You did a good job and the village won.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Being a vig is tough. You did a good job and the village won.

I don't think I've seen anyone actually "play vig well" without basically being carried by other specials and players, yeah.

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016

What are the chances of hitting someone important on the village side?

I really don't like how you frame those probabilities. Especially since the mafia can undermine the vote in the thread or instigate a bandwagon. A blind village kill is highly more probable to benefit the mafia than it is us.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    3/30 Typically?

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    edited October 2016
    With no death reveals, almost any village vote kill is going to be a blind kill. It's unrealistic to assume we are going to catch someone easily and then again, even if we kill them we will have no idea if we hit Mafia since no death reveals.

Extending the game longer with no kills isn't going to actually benefit us since we get no death info without a likely special reveal and there is no network that can work to ferret Mafia out.

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    @WACriminal

you're not doing the scuttling thing anymore?
    I'm a bit disappointed...

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    It's also interesting that 38th and Austin are the ones pushing for the first-night kill and were also the first two to start the bandwagon on me for the RNG/Not RNG thing.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    It's also interesting that 38th and Austin are the ones pushing for the first-night kill and were also the first two to start the bandwagon on me for the RNG/Not RNG thing.

Mathematically speaking, it's beneficial for the village to swing out. They have a lower percentage chance of hitting somebody important village side, and every hit on the mafia side hurts a lot more.

• Options
    Also Moridin889 for Amulet of Awesome. We need it. Or want it. It's shiny just give it to us.

• Options
    It is interesting that people who want a kill would vote to kill someone.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ what are you people even talking about. 200 new posts and it's still day 1?!

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

I don't think I've seen anyone actually "play vig well" without basically being carried by other specials and players, yeah.

I do everything well.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    right now, we know zero. nothing. nil. nada.

i can only believe that pursuing our options will eventually lead to some form of understanding.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Auralynx wrote: »

I went infiltrator vig in the Prinny faction phalla, to the chagrin of my entire prinny team who didn't have contact with me for most of the game.

We won.

So it was definitely without support.

discrider on
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Also, having been a corpse seer in the cave story? phalla, which was also very low info, having a clear village aligned kill makes it easier to know who to death seer. It definitely feels like seering, and maybe hitting the mafia target, you are guaranteed to not seer red.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I could flip back and forth on Jpants all day it seems.
    eyebrows.gif

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Moridin889 wrote: »
    Green wrote: »

We are me and me are we.

What's the difficulty?

Moridin coming out as the Walrus or the Eggman?

...or both?
    giphy.gif

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Day 1 vote closes in approximately 22 hours. Orders for any abilities marked as "Day Action" are due at that time, if they have not been received you will take no action. (There will not be additional reminders about Day Actions).

Official votal:

Execute:
    38thdoe (premium, MagicPrime)
    corvidae (MamaWolf)
    Gizzy (kime, Grunt's Ghosts)
    Grunt's Ghosts (Gizzy, corvidae, Moridin889, Preda)
    Kilnaga (Auralynx, Raiden333, JPants, discrider)
    kime (ObiFett)
    MagicPrime (38thdoe, AustinP0027, Cythraul, Brody, chamberlain, JusticeForPluto)
    Moridin889 (Green)
    ObiFett (WACriminal)

Don't Execute Anybody (Kilnaga)

Not Voting (nobody! Gold stars all around.)

Amulet:
    Brody (AustinP0027, Brody)
    discrider (discrider, MagicPrime)
    Grunt's Ghosts (JusticeForPluto, Grunt's Ghosts)
    JPants (Preda, JPants, Raiden333)
    Kilnaga (Kilnaga)
    kime (kime)
    MamaWolf (MamaWolf)
    Moridin889 (Moridin889)

not voting: (voting on the amulet is optional)
    Gizzy, 38thdoe, Auralynx, ObiFett, Green, premium, WACriminal, Cythraul, corvidae, chamberlain

• Options
    koo koo ca-choo?

google search has the lyrics as " goo goo g'joob" which i feel is super wrong, and goes against everything i've ever known.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    Day 1 vote closes in approximately 22 hours. Orders for any abilities marked as "Day Action" are due at that time, if they have not been received you will take no action. (There will not be additional reminders about Day Actions).

Official votal:

Execute:
    corvidae (MamaWolf)
    kime (ObiFett)
    MagicPrime (38thdoe, AustinP0027, Cythraul, Brody, chamberlain, JusticeForPluto)
    Moridin889 (Green)
    ObiFett (WACriminal)

Amulet:
    Kilnaga (Kilnaga)
    kime (kime)
    MamaWolf (MamaWolf)
    Moridin889 (Moridin889)

Gizzy, 38thdoe, Auralynx, ObiFett, Green, premium, WACriminal, Cythraul, corvidae, chamberlain

Oh hey, someone else wants me to have the Amulet.

@Gizzy @38thDoe @Auralynx @ObiFett @Green @premium @WACriminal @Cythraul @corvidae @chamberlain

You know you want to give me an Amulet of Power. I'm fun and you can trust me when I say I'm lying. And I made Kime into a dinosaur demon and am willing to turn other people into dinomons too. You know you want to own a dinomon, so vote for me. I'm way better than Trump!

• Options
    better than trump is not saying anything of substance.

i already voted for you to get the amulet.

it's the amulet of justice.
    it's shaped like a noose, and it's casually hanging from this tree branch.

try it on for size, make sure it fits.

• Options
    corvidae wrote: »
    better than trump is not saying anything of substance.

i already voted for you to get the amulet.

it's the amulet of justice.
    it's shaped like a noose, and it's casually hanging from this tree branch.

try it on for size, make sure it fits.

We have been through this before. It didn't work last time, it won't work again.

Now, for that Amulet vote for dinomon?

• Options

Official votal:

Execute:
    corvidae (MamaWolf)
    kime (ObiFett)
    Moridin889 (Green)
    ObiFett (WACriminal)

Amulet:
    Kilnaga (Kilnaga)
    kime (kime)
    MamaWolf (MamaWolf)
    Moridin889 (Moridin889)

@Gizzy @38thDoe @Auralynx @ObiFett @Green @premium @WACriminal @Cythraul @corvidae @chamberlain

You know you want to give me an Amulet of Power. I'm fun and you can trust me when I say I'm lying.

So... you're not fun then?

• Options

Official votal:

Execute:
    corvidae (MamaWolf)
    kime (ObiFett)
    Moridin889 (Green)
    ObiFett (WACriminal)

Amulet:
    Kilnaga (Kilnaga)
    kime (kime)
    MamaWolf (MamaWolf)
    Moridin889 (Moridin889)

You know you want to give me an Amulet of Power. I'm fun and you can trust me when I say I'm lying.

GG was a good Lucifer.
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Good game everyone! GG I loved your shit, that's how an immortal bastard should be played!
    Gizzy wrote: »
    @Grunt's Ghosts - I really enjoyed watching you play this game
    Things I never want to happen again:

1. Being nethead
    2. Grunt's Ghost not being an immortal mindfucker role
    kime wrote: »
    I'm so jealous, being an outed mafia is so much fun, and GG just gets to sit here bantering with us for days

You can ask them if I'm fun or not.

• Options

Official votal:

Execute:
    corvidae (MamaWolf)
    kime (ObiFett)
    Moridin889 (Green)
    ObiFett (WACriminal)

Amulet:
    Kilnaga (Kilnaga)
    kime (kime)
    MamaWolf (MamaWolf)
    Moridin889 (Moridin889)

GG was a good Lucifer.
    Cythraul wrote: »
    Good game everyone! GG I loved your shit, that's how an immortal bastard should be played!
    Gizzy wrote: »
    @Grunt's Ghosts - I really enjoyed watching you play this game
    Things I never want to happen again:

1. Being nethead
    2. Grunt's Ghost not being an immortal mindfucker role
    kime wrote: »
    I'm so jealous, being an outed mafia is so much fun, and GG just gets to sit here bantering with us for days

You can ask them if I'm fun or not.

It read like you were lying about being fun :rotate:

• Options
    edited October 2016
    i'll put my foot down.

i don't think it was fun. and i was on his side for that game.

personally, i think he really blew the mafia's chances.... cause if you're evil, and can't die..... you know what you shouldn't do? go blab to everyone that you're evil and can't die. You're supposed to be a distraction,and a magnet for attention. you know what gets no attention? that guy on the street corner shouting "look at me!"

and your roleplaying is half-assed.

yeah, i said it.

corvidae on
  • Options
    corvidae wrote: »
    i'll put my foot down.

i don't think it was fun. and i was on his side for that game.

personally, i think he really blew the mafia's chances.... cause if you're evil, and can't die..... you know what you shouldn't do? go blab to everyone that you're evil and can't die. You're supposed to be a distraction,and a magnet for attention. you know what gets no attention? that guy on the street corner shouting "look at me!"

and your roleplaying is half-assed.

yeah, i said it.

Eh.
    I got voted out as an Athan thrice in a game, so I'm not so sure being a huge distraction is bad after you've been outed.