As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

1161719212250

Posts

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    ok, i can get behind this game now if this is what we do every night.

    In fact, lets not kill anyone ever and just to this every third day until its over

    MagicPrimeWACriminal
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Gizzy wrote: »
    ::Gizzy poofs up all of her glorious long fur to appear like a BIG CAT, hisses and lunges forward again::

    (21) Cat Attack

    After trading strikes you manage to find an opening in Brutus' defense. With a flash you slice open his belly with a front claw. He falls to his knees, covering the gaping wound with an arm keeping his insides from spilling out. He spats shot of blood at your paws.

    "You... have killed me... but my thousands of sons will avenge...me..."

    With a wet rasp he falls backwards and the final rattle of his death escapes his throat.

    You notice that you are now quite dirty, and have blood on your kitty claws. You may need to take a break and bathe. You're not a barbarian.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    JPants
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    kime wrote: »
    Can I take that roll instead of whatever I get? :P
    Go ahead and roll it and we will see.


    ((Strangely enough I've never done a play-by-post game before, ever.))

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Geth roll 1d20 for Reflex Save

    Reflex Save:
    1d20 15 [1d20=15]

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Sorry I disappeared, had about 5 hours of driving today and...

    ...and now I can't say anything else.

  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    (what's the min number to roll in order to get positive outcomes?)

    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    (what's the min number to roll in order to get positive outcomes?)

    Depends on the roll and your bonus. Given we're spitballing but apparently in 3rd+ Edition D&D or something else with Reflex saves, assume that if you're over a 15 you're in good shape.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

    MagicPrime
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    (what's the min number to roll in order to get positive outcomes?)

    Depends on your definition of "positive".

    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
    kime
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    The floor has been slicked by what appears to be tallow or oil. This portion of the passage also being a slight decline. You manage to keep your composure and footing while spinning and sliding to the bottom. When you reach the bottom you notice five goblins with green bulbous heads staring back at you inquisitively. Dog slicers and crude Spears in hand.

    The group in the cave peering down the hall watch the impressive footwork of Kime's descent and see the short shadowy forms start to encircle him.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Gizzy wrote: »
    (what's the min number to roll in order to get positive outcomes?)

    Depends on the roll and your bonus. Given we're spitballing but apparently in 3rd+ Edition D&D or something else with Reflex saves, assume that if you're over a 15 you're in good shape.

    Yeah my 15 should be solid. I am confident.

    Edit: Oh the previous post now makes this ominous. Halp?

    kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    The floor has been slicked by what appears to be tallow or oil. This portion of the passage also being a slight decline. You manage to keep your composure and footing while spinning and sliding to the bottom. When you reach the bottom you notice five goblins with green bulbous heads staring back at you inquisitively. Dog slicers and crude Spears in hand.

    The group in the cave peering down the hall watch the impressive footwork of Kime's descent and see the short shadowy forms start to encircle him.

    The goblins' use of dog slicers means this is Pathfinder!

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    ::After licking her paws clean, Gizzy bats at the dead rat a bit. She's not particularly hungry so she decides to present her master with this "present." She picks the rat up in her mouth by the scruff of his neck and drags him through the cave towards the passage her master went into::

    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Looking longingly back at Lucifer, I will follow the others down the hallway they took.

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    You're not a barbarian.

    I mean, obviously. If Gizzy were a barbarian, the attack bonus would be a lot higher.

    MagicPrimeAuralynx
  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    You're not a barbarian.

    I mean, obviously. If Gizzy were a barbarian, the attack bonus would be a lot higher.

    Why not both? Kitty rage is real

    Gizzy
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Fast and Loose Pathfinder.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    ::After licking her paws clean, Gizzy bats at the dead rat a bit. She's not particularly hungry so she decides to present her master with this "present." She picks the rat up in her mouth by the scruff of his neck and drags him through the cave towards the passage her master went into::
    Brody wrote: »
    Looking longingly back at Lucifer, I will follow the others down the hallway they took.

    As Gizzy passes through the room where she originally became separated from her master she notices the distinct smell of shame in the air surrounding Brody and GG still having their moment by the violated and now incomplete corpse.

    Brody, now snapping out of whatever the hell that was sees the cat with her bounty prancing down the left-side passageway.

    The wind and sound in the bridge chamber is almost too much to the cat, but determination to provide food for her master drives her forward. 38th, your cat rubs against your leg -- in its mouth is a dirty diseased cave rat.

    Trotting up soon after is Brody, skin still aflush with young love. (What happens in the cave, stays in the cave.)

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    kimeGizzy
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    "Hey guys, thanks for waiting for me, I had to... uh... tie my shoe."

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    The passageway is greased with oil or tallow eh??

    I have an idea.
    Examine kime to see how flammable he looks.
    Geth roll 1d20 for Perception check

    Perception check:
    1d20 1 [1d20=1]

    kimeGizzyWACriminalAuralynxBrody
  • WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    Goddamn, Geth.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    WACriminal wrote: »
    Goddamn, Geth.

    I don't know if I wanted a high or low roll, there...

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    WACriminal
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I ride 38thDoe's prone figure down the slick passage like a surfboard.
    The Dice Wizard has: Str: Low, Con: Low, Int: High, Dex: Average, Cha: High, Wis: Average


    Geth roll 1d20

    1d20 13 [1d20=13]

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    38thDoe wrote: »
    The passageway is greased with oil or tallow eh??

    I have an idea.
    Examine kime to see how flammable he looks.

    You are too distracted by your cat trying desperately to feed you their marvelous bounty of dirty rat.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    kime
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Having deduced from 38th's use of what is at minimum a second-level spell already that we must be at least marginally competent characters, I quaff my potion of Cat's Grace and study the goblins to activate Studied Combat.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    i throw my folding boat at discrider

  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I am assuming 3rd level. You're strong enough to fight and yet weak enough to die.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I am assuming 3rd level.

    I went with 4th so there were more possible options that got him a familiar and / or animal companion and second level spells.

    Also because that's a much more interesting level Investigator for me to be.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    4th is ok. It's mostly abstract

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    ::Purrs and looks really proud of herself::

    Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
    kime
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Right, well, I've taken my surprise-round action. ;p

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    I don't know any of the rules.

    That's why I'm counting on you all to save me from the gobbies.

    Looks like that may not be happening though!

    > I consult with my new friend, Mr. Skull, on how to escape the gobbies.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    I don't know any of the rules.

    That's why I'm counting on you all to save me from the gobbies.

    Looks like that may not be happening though!

    > I consult with my new friend, Mr. Skull, on how to escape the gobbies.

    Claim to be something tough, I just set up to blow them away with my crossbow.

    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Kime is a Bard. Spoony bard.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Kime is a Bard. Spoony bard.

    Therefore OP, clearly.
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Claim to be something tough, I just set up to blow them away with my crossbow.

    I need to see what advice Mr. Skull gives me, first.

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Claim to be wearing Asbestos clothing. No reason really.

    Pet Skeletal Umber Hulk, put the desecrated rat corpse in a pouch in case kime lives wants to desecrate it further.

    38thDoe on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Kime, in a fit of desperation raises his skull up beside his face and flaps its jaws with his free hand. He talks out of the corner of his mouth (quite obviously). "Good thing I'm already dead. 'Cause you're totally fucked!" the Goblins all come in closer, mouths open and slightly drooling. Their red eyes with a glow all their own.

    l5ywixxa2rcp.jpg
    Auralynx wrote: »
    Having deduced from 38th's use of what is at minimum a second-level spell already that we must be at least marginally competent characters, I quaff my potion of Cat's Grace and study the goblins to activate Studied Combat.
    +4 to your Dex (potion), and +2 to your melee attack/damage (studied combat)

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    corvidae wrote: »
    i throw my folding boat at discrider

    Ah yes. This is a much safer way down the corridor.
    I suggest we all hop in and ride it into the goblins.

    discrider on
    Steam Community page: http://steamcommunity.com/id/discrider/
    Some sorta sentient internet aggregator
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    I open fire on the goblins, presumably wrecking them up due to the various bonuses and such.

    Geth roll 1d20+9 for Crossbow

    Crossbow:
    1d20+9 19 [1d20=10]

    Auralynx on
    kshu0oba7xnr.png

  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    I don my raggedy, clearly not originally mine, captains hat, and jump into the bow of the folding boat. "FORWARD HO!"

    "I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

    The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

    Steam: Korvalain
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Mr. Skull, that was decidedly not helpful.

    @Auralynx, weren't you gonna be shooting them? While I helpfully distract them for you?

    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
Sign In or Register to comment.