As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    It'd be pretty lame if he shot a mafia and so his target died which meant he couldn't shhot so his target lived so he shoots his target.... :rotate:
    JPants wrote: »
    All night time kill abilities fire simultaneously I'm pretty sure. Otherwise if he killed a mafia you're suggesting that would then turn off his ability (cause a mafia would die that night) which then means he didn't kill the mafiaPARADOX

Scripted mafia paradox :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Also I *suppose* Austin could be insane and still shoot people (the part of his power being wrong would be the dead mafia detection) but I am leaning towards Sane.

• Options
    As far as a vote goes, it feels bad to vote a replacement for something their predecessor did, but after re-reading the thread I think discrider's Gizzy vote is fairly reasonable and better than anything I can come up with so far.

Sorry MrT

• Options
    As far as a vote goes, it feels bad to vote a replacement for something their predecessor did, but after re-reading the thread I think discrider's Gizzy vote is fairly reasonable and better than anything I can come up with so far.

Sorry MrT

Remind me again? My brain = fizzled

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    If I pare off Brody for inactivity reasons, then Gizzy's on top of the list due to her insistence that the totally not mafia dream GG received would come into play on later days.
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Maybe what can't be trusted in narration applies to a future day. Perhaps the sender has knowledge of a Mafia ability to alter narration.
    I don't buy that one player would both have my ability to send messages at night, and also insider knowledge about the game.
    I didn't get that!
    So instead I think it's a mafia player that has that ability as well, and I feel like this post was trying to capitalise on that fake dream.
    emphasis mine

JPants on
  • Options
    actually. hrm. Now i'm second guessing myself. The dream could have been sent by Mafia and Gizzy just trying to make sense of it without thinking about if it made sense for someone to have both the ability to send messages as well as knowledge that the narration was unreliable.

I don't like the MP vote and don't have anything else to go off really so I'll leave my vote there for now I guess.

• Options
    MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular
    The up to date list by the way.

Brody - Village fatigue inactivity?
    Gizzy -- withdrawn now MrT
    Auralynx
    ObiFett - argues like village Obi
    AustinP0027 - claimed vig
    MamaWolf
    Raiden333
    Preda -- withdrawn now Burnage
    Moridin889 - corv pair
    kime -- is on here because I had no reason for which to clear him. Seems helpful though

What is this list? At first I thought that was all the people left but now I see there are way more than that.

Also if Gizzy had a convo with you please add me so I can see what she was up to, thanks :)

• Options
    MrTLicious wrote: »
    The up to date list by the way.

Brody - Village fatigue inactivity?
    Gizzy -- withdrawn now MrT
    Auralynx
    ObiFett - argues like village Obi
    AustinP0027 - claimed vig
    MamaWolf
    Raiden333
    Preda -- withdrawn now Burnage
    Moridin889 - corv pair
    kime -- is on here because I had no reason for which to clear him. Seems helpful though

What is this list? At first I thought that was all the people left but now I see there are way more than that.

Also if Gizzy had a convo with you please add me so I can see what she was up to, thanks :)

his dunna list and PM's are not allowed unless there is an ability at play. You probably knew that and were refering to anyone who used a power to PM her but just in case you missed that detail in the OP.

• Options
    actually. hrm. Now i'm second guessing myself. The dream could have been sent by Mafia and Gizzy just trying to make sense of it without thinking about if it made sense for someone to have both the ability to send messages as well as knowledge that the narration was unreliable.

I don't like the MP vote and don't have anything else to go off really so I'll leave my vote there for now I guess.

Also, didn't someone else get multiple facets to their ability? Able to choose a partner, the partner knows their alignment, and then also be able to PM them?

Steam profile
  • Options
    kime wrote: »

Also, didn't someone else get multiple facets to their ability? Able to choose a partner, the partner knows their alignment, and then also be able to PM them?

Raiden (i think?) and corv both claimed some form of one-way mason type roll with multiple aspects, yeah. That's a little different than "you can send dreams/message to someone oh also the narrations lie" or "you can PM and you know someone can change narrations". two fairly different things rather than "a one way mason with specifics" imo

• Options

Raiden (i think?) and corv both claimed some form of one-way mason type roll with multiple aspects, yeah. That's a little different than "you can send dreams/message to someone oh also the narrations lie" or "you can PM and you know someone can change narrations". two fairly different things rather than "a one way mason with specifics" imo

lols, wonder if it was just a clarification.

Do the narrations necessarily reflect what happened in the Day/Night?

Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Personally, I doubt JFP's claim that no scum have died because the puppetry ability appears to have vanished the day an extra kill appeared.
    Makes me think Green had that ability and, as it was used on the amulet holder, that it was a mafia ability.
    I'd feel safer with the amulet on the called vig/seer.

1) You have both JFP and Austin (our conditional vig) saying that no mafia have died. You doubt both?

2) I agree. The amulet should be passed to Austin

JFP said none of the first 6 are mafia. Austin said none of the first 3. Green was in the second three so JFP could be wrong without Austin being wrong.

I thought Austin's whole thing was "I can kill if no mafia died in the last two days"? And we're on day 3...

His ability is available at night, if no mafia died in the past 2 days. So Night 2, when there were no mafia deaths D1, N1, D2, his ability activated. The only deaths for D1, N1, D2 were Kilnaga, Cyth, and WA criminal. His ability checks at the beginning of the night.

JFP claims his ability checks/fires on Odd Days so at the top of Day 3, there were 6 people dead (same 3 austin checked plus the 3 that died N2) and then he gets his results.

This whole Day/Night thing is messing with me.

OK, whatever, I trust you all :P.

So we have Austin who says no one died in D1, N1, D2, and that he killed... someone, Green? on N2. And he can only shoot again on N....4?

Then we have J4P saying no mafia died in D1, N1, D2, N2.

Is that right?

I'm not clear with @AustinP0027 if he could then fire again N3 assuming STILL no mafia deaths.... or if it has a 2 day recharge as well. That was unclear.

Otherwise yes, your summary looks right.

Unless I'm reading it way wrong, it's a 2day recharge so I won't get a shot again until D4 if no Mafia are dead.

• Options
    Also, I still feel that JFP needs to get a clarification.

If all abilities happen simultaneously then he shouldn't get a read in anyone who dies at night. So unless there is an order of operations with his power, he should only have gotten a read on the same people that I did to trigger my kill

• Options
    edited October 2016

If all abilities happen simultaneously then he shouldn't get a read in anyone who dies at night. So unless there is an order of operations with his power, he should only have gotten a read on the same people that I did to trigger my kill

Not if his ability reads "At the beginning of each odd day..." or is labeled as a Day action (not sure if his ability would be an action or a passive....)

But I do think his sanity should be checked.

JPants on
  • Options
    Who owns the Amulet again? I really think we should transfer that.

Steam profile
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    I think a mafia being able to mark a puppet every day would be insanely overpowered in a long game such as this. Day 10, vote out mafia puppet master, 9 villagers die, mafia win?
    Especially in a mafia leaning like this.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Where is @Raiden333 ? I don't remember them posting today.

odds on a silence ability in play? WACriminal didn't respond either yesterday.

38thDoe on
    38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    38thDoe wrote: »

nah I'm here, been checking thread updates on break at work.

Just kind of unengaged from the discussion since I have no abilities to gather info, and I've already shared the info I had on saturday, so all this dreams and insanity and shit is just muddying the waters to me.

The best I can really do at this point is confirm someone if that person decides to come forward. Even that's just my word, not a confirm-confirm.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    I hate silence abilities. It would be especially bad with how long a day/night cycle is in this game.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Raiden333 wrote: »

Just kind of unengaged from the discussion since I have no abilities to gather info, and I've already shared the info I had on saturday, so all this dreams and insanity and shit is just muddying the waters to me.

The best I can really do at this point is confirm someone if that person decides to come forward. Even that's just my word, not a confirm-confirm.

Why not say what their power is so the village knows more of what is out there? Plus, that person would recognize their power.

Edit: I'm slow but got there.... it's so that person can reveal their power and you can go "yup, that's true!"

JPants on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular

Why not say what their power is so the village knows more of what is out there? Plus, that person would recognize their power.

The person can pick any 2 players and compare their alignments to each other.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options

Every Night? That's.... strong. That's almost a double-seer for confirmations.

Steam profile
  • Options

Every Night? That's.... strong. That's almost a double-seer for confirmations.

Assuming they aren't insane!

• Options

Chamberlain has it

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    I think a mafia being able to mark a puppet every day would be insanely overpowered in a long game such as this. Day 10, vote out mafia puppet master, 9 villagers die, mafia win?
    Especially in a mafia leaning like this.

Agree, but I'd be working under the assumption that the ability only targets one person each night, and that each night that target needs to be reselected.

• Options

Chamberlain has it

@chamberlain, I feel like you should trade that amulet to Austin.

Steam profile
  • Options
    JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Registered User regular

Not if his ability reads "At the beginning of each odd day..." or is labeled as a Day action (not sure if his ability would be an action or a passive....)

Yes, it's a beginig of day ability. Unless someone died on the beginning of day 3, I should have every death seered.

I now, if I'm sane for if my ability has counter is another question.

Who does everyone really think died red? Since you all question my results.

• Options

Chamberlain has it

He can ask for a clarification that he has it in thread and the host will tell us that he still has it (not sure what happens if chamberlain doesn't have it) if we need that info.

• Options

Chamberlain has it

He can ask for a clarification that he has it in thread and the host will tell us that he still has it (not sure what happens if chamberlain doesn't have it) if we need that info.

I wouldn't complain to that.

Steam profile
  • Options

Yes, it's a beginig of day ability. Unless someone died on the beginning of day 3, I should have every death seered.

I think Green died red, and puppeted Corv.

Though I can't think of a reason why a mafia JFP would feed us inaccurate information.

So perhaps either Green died green and puppeted Corv, or your ability isn't providing accurate results.

• Options

Though I can't think of a reason why a mafia JFP would feed us inaccurate information.

So perhaps either Green died green and puppeted Corv, or your ability isn't providing accurate results.

An ability out there that compares people's alignment would be reason enough.

• Options

Yeah, but this is the first I've heard of those and I would've thought that lying about dead alignments when the dead seers are still out there was risky at best.

• Options
    premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Sorry for being really inactive today, my phone is being crappy and restarting constantly. Also I put a staple into my texting thumb by accident, but that stopped bleeding a little while ago

• Options

Yeah, but this is the first I've heard of those and I would've thought that lying about dead alignments when the dead seers are still out there was risky at best.

I'm dumb, wasn't even thinking about dead seers. It's been a long day.

Though with the insanity thing running around that's a pretty good excuse if you get called on a lie. You'd have to check 2 people to figure out who's lying and i can't imagine the targets or the sanity seer(s) would live that long.

• Options

If a mafia died, and JfP was lying about it, wouldn't a 'death seer' have called BS on it by now?

• Options
    edited October 2016
    premium wrote: »

If a mafia died, and JfP was lying about it, wouldn't a 'death seer' have called BS on it by now?

Wouldn't have been a valid target last night if it were Green.
    Unless they get day results like JFP claims.

discrider on
  • Options
    premium wrote: »

Wouldn't have been a valid target last night if it were Green.
    Unless they get day results like JFP claims.

That was kinda my assumption, but its a kinda silly assumption to make, now that i think about it

• Options
    chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular

Chamberlain has it

@chamberlain, I feel like you should trade that amulet to Austin.

Indeed.

Since I can't PM,

Is saying in thread that I am giving the amulet to Austin good enough?

• Options
    I'm pretty sure you can always PM the host.

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    We still have to do this vote thing don't we?

Skimming it looks like the two trains of thought are:
    MagicPrime - to test out the duelest claim
    MrT - for Gizzy suspicions