Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Phalla] Fryhunt! Day 6 / GAME OVER

1246750

Posts

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    premium wrote: »
    38thdoe murdered me with the vote in cold blood on my birthday

    Yes, I wish I was that influential too.
    Also you only said it was your birthday after you were dead.



    steam_sig.png
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Apparently Cythtraul is very serious about removing MagicPrime. I'm willing to support this endeavor.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Kilnaga for Amulet protection. Because I'm me. And me is awesome. My sweet seering skills found us the last demon in the previous game. So go me!

    I don't have any grudges though, so that makes murder voting harder.

    † We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are.†
    DS Friend Code: 2680-9293-7063
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Also, I agree with Austin, Brody should totes get the amulet.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    I'd edit those, but instead I'll let it be known how seriously i take RNG voting!

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
    Green
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    Hooray, the forum is back.

    MagicPrime seems to be the fashionable day one vote.

  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    That MagicPrime vote is so hot right now!

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Wow, If I get the steam roll this early it's going to be boring as hell in here for the next two days.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Cythraul wrote: »
    That MagicPrime vote is so hot right now!

    Too hot.

    † We don't have to be mean. 'Cause, remember: no matter where you go... there you are.†
    DS Friend Code: 2680-9293-7063
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Wow, If I get the steam roll this early it's going to be boring as hell in here for the next two days.

    Its not like a bunch of people didn't explain how this would go last game.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
    Kilnaga
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    I'm okay with it.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Since we have 2 days of each day, might as well talk some strategy or something.

    One-off votes in this game are going to be particularly detrimental for the village because we need a majority vote for the vote kill to kick in, and there's no reason at all that shouldn't happen every time. Anyone with the only vote on someone by the second day of voting should be encouraged to move their vote. This should be helpful at creating a larger vote record in general, and avoiding the possibility of having the vote NOT kill someone.

    Maybe treat the first day of voting like nominating a vote target?

    Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Seeing as there is no death reveals this time around. The analysis of the vote record will be very interesting indeed. I would assume that any late swings would be highly suspect.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    And by encourage, I would expect that people who keep one off votes for a whole cycle are likely to be the target the next day? (I'm only kind of asking a question here).

    Vote records are going to be about tracking when people moved around, and where they started. I think as a village we need to keep to wagons though. If we lose a vote kill because not enough people voted to make a majority, we're in a bad place since there also aren't going to be clear specials that we can rally behind right away (or ever depending on what roles are out there)

  • JPantsJPants Registered User regular
    Kilnaga for a slip of the tongue.
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Kilnaga for Amulet protection. Because I'm me. And me is awesome. My sweet seering skills found us the last demon in the previous game. So go me!

    I don't have any grudges though, so that makes murder voting harder.

    Villagers vote to execute, Mafia vote to murder. It's a real minor thing but better than nothing.

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Seeing as there is no death reveals this time around. The analysis of the vote record will be very interesting indeed. I would assume that any late swings would be highly suspect.

    There are no death reveals?
    Brody wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Wow, If I get the steam roll this early it's going to be boring as hell in here for the next two days.

    Its not like a bunch of people didn't explain how this would go last game.

    Why are we all killing him again?

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    38thDoe

    It might not mean much, but it makes me feel better.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    38thDoe
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    kime wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Seeing as there is no death reveals this time around. The analysis of the vote record will be very interesting indeed. I would assume that any late swings would be highly suspect.

    There are no death reveals?
    Brody wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    Wow, If I get the steam roll this early it's going to be boring as hell in here for the next two days.

    Its not like a bunch of people didn't explain how this would go last game.

    Why are we all killing him again?
    Rules wrote:
    Neither role nor alignment of a player is publicly revealed on death, unlike in some similar games. When a player dies, they are completely out of the game, but they still win or lose with their team (staying alive is usually not required for a player to win).

    I'm getting railroaded because I like using a d20 to pick my first-night votes.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I'm getting railroaded because I like using a d20 to pick my first-night votes.

    Which I'd totally understand... but you didn't. You said "RNG says <x>". No one knows if you're telling the truth or not, right?

    The complaint has always been if you literally link to a dice-roller, or worse do it in thread with Geth, then follow that vote.

    For all we know you used a magic "RNG wink wink except don't actually land on my mafia buddies tee hee" d20.

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    JPantsdiscrider
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    kime wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I'm getting railroaded because I like using a d20 to pick my first-night votes.

    Which I'd totally understand... but you didn't. You said "RNG says <x>". No one knows if you're telling the truth or not, right?

    The complaint has always been if you literally link to a dice-roller, or worse do it in thread with Geth, then follow that vote.

    For all we know you used a magic "RNG wink wink except don't actually land on my mafia buddies tee hee" d20.

    Which is why I didn't use Geth this time, for the exact reason that everyone said that was the faux pas. So I guess next time I will just make a vote because of someone's punctuation error because that apparently has more weight and is more acceptable.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Or you can vote for someone that voted you out last game.

    Or, and this is what I suspect happens a lot, pick a vote at random, and then give a silly excuse for voting for them.

    The issue isn't randomly voting, the issue is declaring random votes, when none of us have anything better to vote for. It makes you an easy target to focus on.

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    Honesty is relative I guess.

    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    kime wrote: »
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    I'm getting railroaded because I like using a d20 to pick my first-night votes.

    Which I'd totally understand... but you didn't. You said "RNG says <x>". No one knows if you're telling the truth or not, right?

    The complaint has always been if you literally link to a dice-roller, or worse do it in thread with Geth, then follow that vote.

    For all we know you used a magic "RNG wink wink except don't actually land on my mafia buddies tee hee" d20.
    RNG* says to vote kime

    *This vote is meant for educational purposes only. Any resemblance to real players, living or dead is purely coincidental. Void where prohibited. Some networking required. List each vote separately by player number. Player role not included. Contents may settle during the night. Use only as directed. No other warranty expressed or implied. Do not use while operating a seer or guard. Postage will be paid by addressee. Subject to CAB approval. This is not an offer to sell future votes. Apply only to affected phalla. May be too intense for some players. Do not stamp. Use other side for additional listings. For recreational use only. Do not disturb. All models over 18 years of age. If condition persists, consult your network head. No user-serviceable parts inside. Freshest if dead before night 1. Subject to change without notice. Times approximate. Simulated picture. No postage necessary if mailed in the United States. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete stop. Breaking seal constitutes acceptance of agreement. For phalla use only. As seen on the forums. One size fits all. Many votes look alike. Contains a substantial amount of non-seer-verified ingredients. Colors may, in time, fade. We have sent the forms which seem right for you. Slippery when wet. For phalla use only. Not affiliated with the American Red Cross. Drop in any Wagon. Edited for this forum. Keep cool; process promptly. Post office will not deliver without postage. List was current at time of printing. Return to sender, no forwarding order on file, unable to forward. Not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect, error or failure to perform. At participating phalla only. Not the Fabulous 5. Penalty for private use. See label for sequence. Substantial penalty for early withdrawal. Do not write below this line. Falling rock. Lost ticket pays maximum rate. Your death is your receipt. Add red. Place your complaint here. Avoid contact with kime. Sanitized for your protection. Be sure each item is properly endorsed. Sign here without admitting guilt. Slightly higher west of the Mississippi. Employees and their families are not eligible. Beware of Gizzy. Players have been briefed on some questions before the game. Limited time offer, call now to ensure prompt delivery. You must be present to die. No passes accepted for this vote. No purchase necessary. Processed at location stamped in code at top of post. Shading within a garment may occur. Use only in a well-ventilated area. Keep away from fire or flames. Replace with same type. Approved for veterans. Booths for two or more. Check here if tax deductible. Some equipment shown is optional. Price does not include taxes. No Canadian coins. Not recommended for children. Prerecorded for this time zone. Reproduction strictly prohibited. No solicitors. No alcohol, dogs or horses. No anchovies unless otherwise specified. Phalla package, not for resale. List at least two alternate dates. First pull up, then pull down. Call toll free number before digging. Voter does not carry truth. Some of the trademarks mentioned in this product appear for identification purposes only. Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear. Record additional votes in a PM. Unix is a registered trademark of AT&T. Do not fold, spindle or mutilate. No transfers issued until the phalla comes to a complete stop. Wagon sold by weight, not volume. Your mileage may vary. If the flow controls supplied are not installed, this unit will not operate properly. Keep out of reach of children. When this set is used with other equipment, if the picture is not stable or the buzz sound is heard, try to change the mutual position of relevant Wagon or take enough distance between them. This unit not labeled for retail sale. Phenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine. Close cover before striking. Mind the gap. No merchantability expressed or implied. Parental discretion is advised. Sold as a novelty vote only. Although robust enough for general use, adventures into the esoteric periphery may reveal unexpected quirks. Not available in stores. May cause abdominal cramping and loose stools. Vitamins A, D, E, and K have been added. Not designed or intended for use in on-line control of aircraft, air traffic, aircraft navigation or aircraft communications; or in the design, construction, operation or maintenance of any nuclear facility. Container may explode if heated. May contain traces of various nuts and seeds.

    ObiFett on
    kimepremiumMegafrostAuralynxGreen
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    kime

  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »
    Or you can vote for someone that voted you out last game.

    Or, and this is what I suspect happens a lot, pick a vote at random, and then give a silly excuse for voting for them.

    The issue isn't randomly voting, the issue is declaring random votes, when none of us have anything better to vote for. It makes you an easy target to focus on.

    I disagree. The issue isn't random votes, the issue is provably random votes. This is a bad day-one vote!

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    GizzyMagicPrimeJPantsdiscrider
  • GizzyGizzy <- girl PhoenixRegistered User regular
    Yeah proving your RNG vote is frowned upon. Just saying you RNG'd is acceptable.

    3DS Friend Code 3282-2248-0453
    Gizzy's Amazon Xmas Wishlist
    kimeMagicPrime
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Yeah proving your RNG vote is frowned upon. Just saying you RNG'd is acceptable.

    That's how I understood things after last time as well.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • corvidaecorvidae Registered User regular
    hmmmmm. it appears obifett is the town lawyer.

    anyways, this plurality voting mechanic is interesting. I guess i'll park my vote on Grunts ghosts for being immortal last game.




  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Nope

    JusticeforPluto on
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Haha

    JusticeforPluto on
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    corvidae wrote: »
    hmmmmm. it appears obifett is the town lawyer.

    ??

    PA HotS Group
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Fuck me

    JusticeforPluto on
    kime
  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    MagicPrime is just taunting us now.

    Grunts ghosts cause immortal GG was fun last game.

  • 38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Yeah proving your RNG vote is frowned upon. Just saying you RNG'd is acceptable.

    Acceptable or not I still don't particularly care for it. I'm much happier for MP to vote for me for being a jerk.



    steam_sig.png
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    If I play in more Phallas I will build a bigger reserve of grudge votes.

    MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
    kime
  • BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    MagicPrime wrote: »
    If I play in more Phallas I will build a bigger reserve of grudge votes.

    Thats what I was working on, but I've been dyeing so fast its hard to just one of these assholes (ilu guys).

    "The shore does not dream of you." - Blind poet Gallan.
  • GizzyGizzy <- girl PhoenixRegistered User regular
    38thDoe wrote: »
    Gizzy wrote: »
    Yeah proving your RNG vote is frowned upon. Just saying you RNG'd is acceptable.

    Acceptable or not I still don't particularly care for it. I'm much happier for MP to vote for me for being a jerk.

    I think "claiming" to RNG still gives more info than when I repeatedly day 1 vote Megafrosty - but so far I haven't been sternly frowned at! (Maybe since he doesn't play every game)

    3DS Friend Code 3282-2248-0453
    Gizzy's Amazon Xmas Wishlist
  • PredaPreda Registered User regular
    I really think the "Magic wagon" is an easy place for mafia to hide day 1.

    So I'll go Kilnaga because jpants put out a reason, even if a reaaly weak one.

  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Preda wrote: »
    I really think the "Magic wagon" is an easy place for mafia to hide day 1.

    So I'll go Kilnaga because jpants put out a reason, even if a reaaly weak one.

    Are there any non-weak reasons to vote someone on day 1? I mean its all just guessing and grudges and rng unless a mafia wants to out themselves or if we got a pregame seer result.

    discrider
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Also, everyone needs to readjust their vote thinking a little.

    If we're actually going to vote people out, there are going to be mainly wagons. There is always going to be a place to hide in a wagon. The key for analyzing this game is going to be when people jumped on the wagon, not who jumped on it.

    Cythraul
Sign In or Register to comment.