Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    That is a good way to do a neutral. We threw that around during play testing of data and destiny when it became obvious how OP having all the cardpool available without restrictions. However, at that point it was too late for such a drastic shift. I am pretty sure Lukas and Damon had already come up with the mini faction idea, but ran the true neutral stuff by us just to confirm things.

I wish I were more involved in that play test. :( But I didn't want to do theory crafting without playing, and I was never good at deck building. All I could do was add some casual level eyes to things.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Kind curious how it goes just smashing together all the 5 influence cards as singletons.

Cluck cluck, gibber gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited December 2022

It’s out!

(Yes it’s been out for a couple of days, my brain had a fart.)

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    CaptainPeacockCaptainPeacock Board Game Hoarder Top o' the LakeRegistered User regular
    Finally got my cards AND MAN ALIVE do I love what's going on. Neatly every deck got something, while my Shaper underwent a complete overhaul.

Good bye stealth, hello power counters.

• Options

New cycle, the Liberation Cycle! Set in Brazil this time. Current target is Q3 for release.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I'm so intrigued to see Brazil. New Angeles sprawls over Ecuador, Colombia, and Peru.. so Brazil is close, but not too close.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Something I didn't really think about, but after this drops Standard's getting super close to have rotated out all the FFG-era stuff.

With Flashpoint and D&D leaving with this rotation, it'll just be Red Sands, Kitara, and Reign & Reverie.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    The rotation is going to hit some of my favorite standard decks hard. Goodbye News Team! Goodbye Hard Hitting News! Goodbye Boom!

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Each new set is both exciting (“Oh, new NetRunner! I should play that again.”) and demotivating (“Oh. Almost all of my cards are rotated out.”).

• Options
    For those waiting on the Remasters: They're HERE! -ish.

Note that due to trying to combine shipping, if you pre-order them up through the official shop, it won't ship until after The Automata Initiative releases.... later this month. So if you need them sooner, there's always the POD shops.

More importantly, though... it's apparently almost Scoopsmas? o:)

Also a little bit of news dropped that there's plans in the works to actually rotate SU out of Standard in a year or two. More info will be coming when we get closer to Automata Initiative launch.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    The automata initiative... My first thought was solo mode?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    The automata initiative... My first thought was solo mode?

God I would kill for a solo mode. I love this game so much, but finding people to play with a social anxiety nightmare.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    edited July 2023

Scoops truly begin next Friday (the 21'st), set drops on the 31'st.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Dumb question from the noob, but is the Midnight Sun 65 playsets of cards (so, at or about 180 for 3 of each, one for characters), or 65 individual cards?

Parhelion is listed in the 180 range for about 60 cards, just wanted to confirm before making a purchase.

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Midnight Sun has 3 copies each of 60 cards plus one copy each of 5 cards (identities).

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Midnight Sun has 3 copies each of 60 cards plus one copy each of 5 cards (identities).

That's what I thought, but I didn't want to buy it and find I was paying more than $1AU per card (it's $67AU).
    EDIT - Though it wouldn't come close to the most I've paid. Cost me $535AU to get Down The White Nile, so that's near $9 per card. My gaming OCD will definitely kill me.

185 puts it at about $20AU per "pack" under the old FFG structure, and with inflation, that's more than reasonable, IMO.

I'll probably wait until after I get back from GenCon (especially if a new one is coming), but it's definitely going to be a purchase.

MorganV on
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    IT BEGINS

OH NO
    You know, I'm pretty sure I joked on here about how Leela's ability feels like it'd be something you'd see on a console, in comparison to how powerful other ID's were to maybe save you a credit here or there.

WELP

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Loving both so far!

• Options
    Oh my God, that just screams out to my personal preferred crim play style.

• Options
    New mechanic! And thankfully it's super simple to understand.

The threat level is the greatest number of agenda points in any player’s score area. For example, if the Runner has 4 agenda points and the Corp has 3 agenda points, the threat level is 4.

Threat abilities are marked with a new ability flag, “Threat N → “, and are only active if the threat level is equal to or greater than the given number N. If the threat level is less than N, the corresponding ability is inactive and cannot be triggered or applied to the game state.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    You know, I find it quite awesome that Null Signal has become quite a queer and transhumanist narrative. The seeds were there in FFG 's work, but they are outright running with it - no pun intended - now that the game is pushing back against capatilism and corporate greed.

I hope that if FFG ever revisits the Android universe, they incorporate the fan works.

• Options
    edited July 2023
    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Oh FUCK that ability... just... damn.

Edit: Damnit I don't want to organize anything locally anymore, but... man oh man.

Athenor on
  • Options
    Metropole Grid gets a bunch of Weyland scoops...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKiMVh3gy3I

Also Gordian Blade may have a little puzzle for you to work through for a scoop too...

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Standard Ban List updated, as well as a Jinteki agenda preview from AI.
    Effective date: 11 August 2023
    Runner
    Bukhgalter banned

Corp
    Obokata Protocol banned
    Tithonium banned

They go into more detail about the why's in the article.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I actually called Obokata hitting thr ban list a couple days ago. Didn't see Bukhgalter coming though.

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Congrats to the team, local and otherwise, for another successful launch. Good hype into GenCon too. :)

Edit: Huh, that runner neutral card. Interesting way of handling the memory aspect. You can put up to 8 credits on it to help with trashing costs, that go away when the event/run ends. Very small window, but could be very useful. Not to mention the rest of the flexibility with it.

Athenor on
  • Options
    I wonder if I should just recycle these deck boxes. I don't have a ton of use for them. I got them when the store cleaned out their OP stuff a while back, and I have to assume that shipping would be prohibitive.

MPI5V85h.jpg

• Options
    Athenor wrote: »
    I wonder if I should just recycle these deck boxes. I don't have a ton of use for them. I got them when the store cleaned out their OP stuff a while back, and I have to assume that shipping would be prohibitive.

MPI5V85h.jpg

Boo-urns. I'd definitely take them off your hands. Can they fit flat like that in a usps bubble mailer?

• Options
    Probably! PM me your address and I can figure out the details from there.

I have a bunch of promos and other things too from around that era. If you have anything you are looking for, let me know - though I will need to check prices on those before shipping things.

• Options
    PM'ed

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    edited August 2023
    Hi everyone!!! I should've been checking this thread more during preview season, oops! I hope everyone is excited about the new set, and thank you for all the kind words here so far <3

Something that I didn't see get posted is this superb choose-your-own-adventure game that some folks made for a card during preview week. It's really short, and very funny, and playable here! https://chaotic-goose-games.itch.io/a-run-on-epiphany

Anzekay on
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    MorganV wrote: »
    I'll probably wait until after I get back from GenCon (especially if a new one is coming), but it's definitely going to be a purchase.

And purchased (both previous sets and latest), and received.

Does anyone have a link to the most up to date rulebook, FAQ and Errata?

Caught up on the hardware, now have to catch up on the resources. :)

Wetware is always going to be the problem. :(

MorganV on
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    This page should give you everything you need!
    https://nullsignal.games/rules/comp-rules/

• Options
    Announced during Worlds was the plans for Standard rotation going forward:

https://nullsignal.games/blog/liberation-part-2-upcoming-products-and-rotation/

Set 2 of Liberation Cycle will drop around the end of Q1 2024, no rotation there.

The new Foundational set, code-naned "Dawn" right now, will drop second half of 2024, and will rotate the remainder of FFG sets (Red Sands, R&R, Kitara, MO)... *and* SU2021, taking it's place. The idea is to make it easier for people to actually get into Standard, since trying to get new players the FFG cards has always been tricky, and having players being split between only having NSG cards and the full FFG pool wasn't optimal.

persona4celestia.jpg