As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Oh hey, I missed that the 2016 World Champs decks are actually shipping. US release date of 6/1.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Also the prizes for the Euro Championships got announced.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/european-championships/android-netrunner/

Participation: Alt-art Bhagat

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Also the prizes for the Euro Championships got announced.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/european-championships/android-netrunner/

Participation: Alt-art Bhagat

I'm glad that most of those are a bit rubbish, as now I won't be disappointed when I don't win any of them :)

• Options
    CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    One of my friends said the best prize is top 4 or higher. The guarantee of not having to book tickets for worlds, which is always a nightmare!

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    I'm glad Damon took the time to include his little jokes rather than actually useful cards (battlement being 4 influence - as a shit barrier it's the most weyland card ever).

Not super happy with the runner side of this: more ways to make ice irrelevant, and more ability leakage between factions. Corp side seems all about sweet combos which I do like :).

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    isn't battlement a slightly cheaper 1 sub less spiderweb?

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    - Woo more NEXT ice
    - is Bioroid Work Crew specifically for scoring 4-advance agendas in conjunction with Biotic Labor? It seems really janky
    - Aeneas Informant seems super gross in a Medium deck
    - AgInfusion seems fun :)

• Options
    edited May 2017
    I'm actually super stoked about Informant, since it'll probably end up being a replacement for Mr. Phones in my Sunny deck when it rotates. (Or right now, instead of data folding.) Combos really nicely with Jak, and isn't limited to once per turn.

Plus the 0 install cost is *real* nice.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Anzekay wrote: »

yes

it is very mediocre

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »

yes

it is very mediocre

idk why they make ice that is just "another ice, but slightly worse/better and cheaper/more expensive"

the 2.0 bioroids are an example of how to do an "upgrade" but make them more interesting- the whole 2 click 2 subs thing poses interesting choices on 3 sub ice.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular

yes

it is very mediocre

idk why they make ice that is just "another ice, but slightly worse/better and cheaper/more expensive"

the 2.0 bioroids are an example of how to do an "upgrade" but make them more interesting- the whole 2 click 2 subs thing poses interesting choices on 3 sub ice.

Since the whole game is about economic efficiency, it's interesting to be able to choose icebreakers that work well against the ice you expect to face, and vice versa. If your meta is full of Morning Star for some reason, then you might prefer Battlement to Spiderweb. Or more realistically, if you're expecting your cheap barrier to get parasited to death anyway, you'd probably rather pay less for Battlement. Or one credit could make the difference for a timing play, etc. If I was otherwise going to have two Spiderwebs in my deck, I like being able to have one Spiderweb and one Battlement just to have an option.

I do not understand why Battlement is four influence. It does not seem like something that is significantly more Weyland-themed than Spiderweb or Ice Wall, or so powerful that they need to prevent it from going in every deck.

• Options
    I was under the impression that influence was often decided by throwing darts at a dartboard.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah how else are things like temujin or friends in high places only 2 and 1 respectively....

• Options
    I helped run Seattle regionals this weekend

the winner was Kyle James (very, very strong Portland-based player) playing an ETF Moon deck of his own design, plus the Andromeda deck that timmy wong used at norcal regionals

I don't think he's posted his ETF decklist yet

• Options
    other stats from that tourney:

at the end of Swiss, three out of the top four players were playing Weyland decks; one of them was Blue Sun, and I think the other two were Skorpios

one of them was running Eddie Kim, surprisingly

Smoke did really well for a lot of people; the tourney runner-up was playing a really aggressive version of her with Desperado, which tore apart the cut until grand finals

nobody brought Steve or, I think, Bios

Whizzard was by far the most common Anarch, I assume because everyone was terrified of Moon

I don't think anyone at all brought CTM; yellow in general didn't have a big showing, though a Sync player did make it to the cut

Jinteki was represented by one PE, one RP, and like four Tennin; none of them did particularly well, and I was a little surprised not to see any Palana, though with all the whizzard out there that was probably a good call

• Options
  • Options
    Straight-talk:

Edward Kim is the ONE runner I absolutely HATE to see.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Power shutdown is dead, long live Netrunner

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Calling the Power Shutdown change a "clarification" is a real generous interpretation of that term.

Does this mean that any action that "doesn't change the game state" is now an illegal action?

• Options
    edited May 2017
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Straight-talk:

Edward Kim is the ONE runner I absolutely HATE to see.

he's still one of my favorites, I played nothing but him for like two months after that box came out, and I was really happy to see somebody doing well with him

re: FAQ, I'm happy to see shutdown is gone as a combo-enabler

I don't have a problem with combo, in general, but having to sit and wait for five minutes while somebody maths out their seven-point CI AD-shutdown win con was just agonizing

though I do also think the timing is weird? like it's going to rotate in a few months anyway, why not just identify the problematic combo components and MWL them, instead?

Shorty on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    Calling the Power Shutdown change a "clarification" is a real generous interpretation of that term.

Does this mean that any action that "doesn't change the game state" is now an illegal action?

It's a tough call. Technically it changes the game state by costing a click and removing a card from HQ...

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Athenor wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

It's a tough call. Technically it changes the game state by costing a click and removing a card from HQ...

The standard cost of playing a card has never been considered when determining if it changes the game state.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    it's already illegal to do anything that doesn't have the potential to change the game state, outside of costs that are paid

so, for example, you can't fire Estelle Moon's [trash] ability if she has zero counters on her, because nothing will happen that isn't part of that cost

this should not be taken as a defense of this rule, imo it complicates the game needlessly and you should just be able to do the shit you want with your cards and if you do something that has no effect on the game state, you know, *shrug*

Shorty on
  • Options
    oh one more thing about the FAQ:

if you're the type of person who really wants to dig into the nitty-gritty of how Netrunner works at its most fundamental levels, this is the FAQ for you

the game basically has comprehensive rules now

• Options
    hooray shutdown errata

hooray MCA errata

hooray some other good clarifications

• Options
    mca is still a ridiculously strong card but at least now it only works as intended

• Options
    I do wish they had at least stuck the upcoming Earth's Scion cards' errata in this FAQ, though.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    in other news, who's planning on coming to US nationals in a few weeks?

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    in other news, who's planning on coming to US nationals in a few weeks?

I'll be there, along with a handful of San Diego, LA, and Bay Area guys! All told there's probably like 20 people I know from CA coming up!

• Options
    awesome, glad to hear it

I'm not gonna be judging after all because I need to table for my own game but I'm looking forward to it anyway, should be a ton of fun

• Options
    Prizes for NA Champs (aka GenCon) were announced, looks like they're the same as the EU one.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/op/north-american-championships/android-netrunner/

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Various versions of the Estelle Moon HB deck are all over the damn place in my local meta. It is quickly overwhelming unless you're packing a lot of hate, which my Smoke deck isn't. Some have Lakshmi, which Film Critic takes care of, but it's just not rich enough to keep trashing those assets again and again. You need to check everything, and trash a whole lot. I would imagine this deck will be all over the place during regionals, unless some unspoiled hate for asset spam is on its way.

• Options
    It is most definitely the deck to beat

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Is there a consensus build of moonspam that's 'the deck' yet? Seems to be a lot of variation in the asset/operation choices.

• Options
    Not really, you'll see exact copies of moonites but also variations like Chris Dyer used to win BABW. I've even seen moon in CI as a combo enabler.

• Options
    I've yet to see a runner deck that tries to control remotes that I think is favored against a Moon deck

I think your best bet is to beat it in R&D, and try to keep DBS, Moon, and Clone Suffrage off the board

but honestly a tuned Moon deck might be favored against every runner right now, more because of Friends than Moon herself

• Options
    So... how long until Moon hits the MWL?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Is Moon broken if Friends is on the MWL ( at 3 )?

• Options
    I honestly think Moon is really strong but not overpowered as long as you aren't able to recur her whenever you want, and Friends has always been a problem card