As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android: Netrunner and Project Nisei

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    RtSrDes.jpg

AD is a dumb card.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    Today I won a game in a Regional by playing Showing Off. I got four high fives for that.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Got to start my first Terminal Directive campaign. I'm playing SEIDR against my friend's Bios, using the recommended card pool (one core + TD). I'm ahead two games to one. Thoughts so far:

General balance:
    Maybe it'd be different if I was playing Skorpios, but holy shit the campaign seems way in my favor. I get big campaign progress for winning if I score Evidence Collection; for the runner to get the big process, they have to find and play Delgado before they're on game point (and I could be a dick and burn her to slow down the runner even more). That seems really unfair; if I'm winning a game, it almost certainly involves scoring some 3/2s, but it's entirely possible that if the runner's winning they won't ever see Delgado, or won't see her until it's too late, or they could actually lose her before scoring her. Feels like Evidence Collection ought to be a 4/2, so I have to at least try a little bit in order to score it. Or alternatively, maybe the runner progress should be gated on stealing Evidence Collection rather than scoring Delgado.

Also, Estelle Moon is crazy good even in just that limited card pool. Install her plus any two of PAD Campaign, Marilyn Campaign, Adonis Campaign, upgrades, etc. and get some great profit.

Failing a Caution:
    Specifically I failed "end a turn with 20 credits or more"
    Ouch, this is kinda crippling. Start every game with a current that increases the cost of placing advancements by 1 credit...in a card pool that has no currents to overwrite it. So I'm starting every game at least three credits in the hole. And it's nontrivial to destroy it permanently. I might have to punt a game just trying to get rid of it.

Stickering cards:
    I'm pretty disappointed so far with the stickers. I got excited at the prospect of stickering up actual gameplay cards, but they have done basically nothing with that so far - the only thing I have seen is updating Evidence Collection, and IMO those changes didn't really need to be a sticker. They could have just worded the card something like "if you win a game with at least one Evidence Collection in your score area, it counts as two games for progressing your objective" and then they wouldn't need to sticker and resticker. Hopefully they do something more interesting later?

Overall, it's nice to have an excuse to get back into casual Netrunner, but I feel like there's huge potential here that they haven't tapped into as much as they could have. Now that the system rules are in place though, it could be fun to write up a fan campaign.

eta: oh yeah, noticed that the Recommended Decks on the back of the manual include 3x of some cards that only appear twice in a Core Set. Can't even follow your own rules, can you FFG. :P

Fry on
  • Options
    Oh hey, neat, someone went and made their own custom narrative campaign. Watchdog.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    Those two consoles make me sad. I don't know if the Shaper one is actually decent or not, but that it's pretty much 100% better than the Criminal one and costs less influence ... so it's more proof supporting the "influence is a dart board" theory. <_<
    Bug Out Bag is a card I wish was around when I was actually playing. Nice design and very Criminal-centric card draw.

ArcticLancer on
  • Options
    EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Would keyhole trigger warroid tracker? I have a sneaky feeling that people are going to try and figure out how to fit warroid into moon decks.

Having a remote of clone suffrage + warroid basically forces the runner into either having a massive credit lead, or giving up the entire board.

• Options
    Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Haha Loki

Keyhole does trigger warroid with its current wording doesn't it? However if it's in a central root trashing the warroid itself does not trigger?

• Options
    Dis' wrote: »
    Haha Loki

Keyhole does trigger warroid with its current wording doesn't it? However if it's in a central root trashing the warroid itself does not trigger?

I think eater keyhole just got a bit worse against moons :snap:

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Oh man, I didn't even think of the sneaky use of NAPD with Success, since the increased advancement requirement from bad publicity stays even if it's in your score area. Score one before you generate the bad pub, and then afterwards blow it up to Success to basically score your Takeover.

Mass Commercialization may be my sleeper favorite card of the deck. ...not just because I've been playing BoN a bunch lately...

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Those two consoles make me sad. I don't know if the Shaper one is actually decent or not, but that it's pretty much 100% better than the Criminal one and costs less influence ... so it's more proof supporting the "influence is a dart board" theory. <_<
    Bug Out Bag is a card I wish was around when I was actually playing. Nice design and very Criminal-centric card draw.

daredevil is most comparable to Ubax, which is already really good

not sure which of them is better

maui is definitely garbo, however

other scoops:
    Alice is intimidating but I think she's a lot like Omar, in that she seems much stronger than she will be in practice

mercs seem like a playable tech card that will see play based on the prevalence of meat damage in the meta, but maybe not until after plascrete rotates

bug out bag seems...just okay? not sure how much criminals need more resource draw right now, especially since it doesn't have a good interaction with Career Fair

if there's a derez deck, Keros is going in it, not much else to say about him

mass-driver is....maybe good? code gates don't tend to have a ton of subs so the inefficient breaking might not matter, but 2 mu for an expensive breaker is a big ask, even if it is efficient. it's not for nothing people don't play battering ram or morning star or torch.

warroid tracker is taxing but I'm not sure there are deck slots for it in the Moon decks that seem like its most natural home right now. but then, if Timmy can find room for Ronnie Five, maybe folks can find room for this. it's also pretty good eater/keyhole protection but I think a lot of the time you probably just have crisium grid for that.

loki is good in exactly Architects, otherwise this isn't leaving the binder.

obokata is bizoinks.

I don't know where to begin evaluating Miraju. I think I need to play it.

for a second I thought Shipment from Tennin was a double and that it was therefore obviously the worst corp card printed in quite some time. but it isn't, it's actually pretty good. being able to score an installed Nisei from nothing is strong, as is FA philotic or house of knives, or single-advanced GFI or TFP, and all in-faction.

there are only a couple NBN decks that would consider running Escalate Vitriol and they probably just stick with Explode-a-palooza.

reeducation has the same problem that most other 5/3s have. how are you scoring it?

there's probably too much link out there right now to be using traffic analyzer

people are gonna figure out a way to make meteor mining kill decks and it's gonna be rad

standoff is going directly into my Jemison deck

not sure Success fits in any deck. it has a positive interaction with the public agendas, which is nice, but I'm not sure that's enough, even in Jemison, since they don't really have any other reason to run those. might be worth testing.

whampoa reclamation probably won't see play while Jackson is still around, but maybe it goes in the current CI7 deck. in six months or whenever rotation happens people are gonna try stuff to fix their agendas and this is gonna be on the list of options.

mass commercialization is a staple synergy card for a deck that doesn't exist and this isn't enough to make that happen right now.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Ethea wrote: »
    Would keyhole trigger warroid tracker? I have a sneaky feeling that people are going to try and figure out how to fit warroid into moon decks.

Having a remote of clone suffrage + warroid basically forces the runner into either having a massive credit lead, or giving up the entire board.

keyhole definitely triggers warroid tracker

addendum: warroid also triggers off trashing itself, even if it's in the root of a central server, because of the text "(including warroid tracker)"

Shorty on
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Mass Commercialization goes in Tennin decks, and any Weyland decks that care about advancing ice. Just two (different) advancements makes it as good as a Hedge Fund! If you're doing a RPC deck you could make so much money.

Reeducation is not so much the problem of "how do I score this" it's "oh hey the runner could steal this and only need three agendas to win" that real 5/3s have.

Shipment From Tennin and Trick of Light is going to make for some interesting FA Jinteki decks. Lets you score 4/2s from hand. People gonna be needing Clot again (those who weren't on lock Hayley anyway)

Loki is also good in NEXT ice decks, and decks that only want to run Mother Goddess and Excalibur. Potentially good in Grail decks, but only because the Grail ice will have a lot of subroutines.

Bug Out Bag is gonna combo with Faust crim decks. Apparently you can also Fall Guy it and keep it around even after it pops?

Gmercs are an Anarch plascrete. Two clicks to install and remove the tag, costs you one less credit but an extra click. Alternately if you don't care about the tags (tag-me with Obelus) it's a bonus.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Shorty wrote: »
    Ethea wrote: »

keyhole definitely triggers warroid tracker

addendum: warroid also triggers off trashing itself, even if it's in the root of a central server, because of the text "(including warroid tracker)"

Here is why I am thinking that warroid is better than crisium grid against eater/keyhole.
    Effectively if you are going to be doing a run to remove the R&D upgrade you now need now 8 extra credits compared to crisiums 5. If you are running something like conspiracy breakers you could lose the trace, but the re-install cost will still sum up to 8+ credits in total.

I feel like warroid is a great way to setup a prison lock, basically allowing HB to have Controlling The Message ability on a stick.

I think something like the following deck:
    https://netrunnerdb.com/en/decklist/43255/moons-mashup-3rd-at-us-nats-etx-june-4-2017

where the virtual tours and team sponsorship are Warroid Tracker's would be a good starting point.

Edit: add spoiler and an example deck

Ethea on
  • Options
    Loki is not just for architects - it's crazy with the CI mythic suite, lets you get a second mother goddess/Excalibur untyped sub, and is an okay sub on its own.

• Options
    AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    I really wanted any new 2mu crim console to be good, sigh

I wish it was any server, not just HQ

• Options
    Nah, if it was any server it might ACTUALLY be somewhat useful.

• Options
    As in, ice-ing up HQ just gives you recurring credits to run anywhere? That would be cool, definitely help against glacier-style decks that just spam out ice. Could work in a Gabe deck, especially that Pheromones Gabe deck that was popular a while back.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    A couple more spoilers, but from later packs in Red Sands and in other languages:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EluDJHtrS3M
    eee that defensive Weyland upgrade

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    interesting stuff

not sure where he's getting that stuff about release dates, though

• Options
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Boggs-senpai was on The Source podcast, talking about upcoming MWL changes.
    Estelle is a "strong contender," Aaron's definitely in, Friends "will not only cost one influence." NAPD may be coming off, AD is a "candidate."

Also that there's a very good chance of rotation being active for Worlds.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    that's all good news

• Options
    kinda bummed about aaron while 24/7 BN is still around, to be honest. guess criminal gets hit with the mwl bat again.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Oh yeah, I guess I should've mentioned that 24/7 came up during the conversation. Was running out the door to work as I was writing it. It's something they're looking at, at least.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Okay that's cool!

• Options
    I believe the word used to describe 24/7 was "problematic." Like, there's cool stuff that can be done with it... but there's a bunch of really not-fun stuff that you can do as well.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    blood and water is going to be out here this week, which means it'll be legal for our regional next weekend! :o

Not sure yet what I'm taking but it's probably either siphon whizz or andy for runner

corp... I'm tempted to take CI but I'm not sure I have the time to practice it enough. Moons feels too expected, I think people will tech for it a whole lot. SYNC is a big option, but I'm also toying around with a new Tennin deck now...

• Options
    food for thought: 24/7 becomes way less oppressive in a world that doesn't have breaking news

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Obotoka Protocol makes me want to try a Jinteki damage deck.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    I guess I haven't been following things closely because I just looked through blood and water and holy shit....

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    Blood and Water UFAQ's up.

...I just... what? 0_o at the Standoff ruling.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    That Standoff ruling is wtf. I wonder if that was really the intent of the card, or if we'll be seeing a text change errata.

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »
    That Standoff ruling is wtf. I wonder if that was really the intent of the card, or if we'll be seeing a text change errata.

the ruling itself is correct. that's what the words mean. I doubt it was the intent.

it's just... I am having a hard time remembering the last data pack that didn't need an errata.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    Well it means now instead of being a Jemison card, it's a Skorpios card.

• Options
    Intent's definitely been weird on this cycle. From what I've heard, back at Worlds when they were spoiling the card via Gunslingers, they were playing it as you could only trash your own cards. Either way, it's a incredibly Weyland card thematically. Oh yeah, you think you're going to hit me? I dare you, I'm going to hit you back twice as hard if you even try. C'mon, 'ya coward. DO IT.

Things like this and Audacity, etc makes me really think that Friends was a Weyland card at one point.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    What does Skorpios even do with it, though? They don't really play the sacrifice-to-FA cards like Jemison. I suppose you could use it for Archer or Tithonium. But otherwise I'm fine with the corp using a card slot and an entire turn for a Green Level Clearance.

• Options
    Hunter-Seeker trigger that doesn't give the runner any points?

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    I think it's more likely to get played Skorpios than anywhere else but I think a two-for-one is a pretty bad deal, and I think most of the time as a runner you probably don't decline to trash anything until you've cleared the corp's board entirely