The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Android: Netrunner - Terminal Directive (Android Legacy) coming Q1 CY17!

1353638404145

Posts

  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    Made top 8 at European championships. Beating Chris Dyer and Kenny Deakins on the way. Pretty pleased, and finishing higher than both world champs is always good.

    NisiShortyDis'
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Kinda glad a Moon deck didn't end up winning, haha, but I was rooting for Laurie there :(

    final game was kinda hard to watch because the boys commentating it were pretty wasted and were kinda really obnoxious and a bit gross sadly :(

    Cerberus
  • Dis'Dis' Registered User regular
    Had a great euros weekend, just made day 2 but didn't do great finishing 70th and just getting those mem tokens :). Faust Laguna Hayley beat moonspam all day but potential unleashed was an error. Got to commentate on Jonny vs seamus for the neoreading stream which was pretty fun!

    redxEtheaAnzekayShortytzeentchling
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Finished 4th overall at Nationals! My highest place in an event this size ever. Luck finally caught up with me against a Maxx keyhole deck. Still super pleased in how well I did!

    ShortyEtheaCerberusAnzekayEpimerDis'
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    anyone know what decks took down euro champs?

    we gonna be alright
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    anyone know what decks took down euro champs?

    Siphon/Apocalypse Whizzard and SYNC 24/7 Boom!

  • PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    I do love that there's a Bios in the US Nat's finals.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696
  • PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    edited June 5
    Oh my god this is happening.

    IT JUST HAPPENED.

    Encore!

    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696
    tzeentchlingredx
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    both of the winning decks are cyberpunk solitaire

    we gonna be alright
    tzeentchling
  • PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    Akshara Sareen got played in a deck.

    And the deck won!

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696
  • FryFry Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Akshara Sareen got played in a deck.

    And the deck won!

    What? How? Coupled with something like The Source to slow down the free fast advance you've enabled for the Corp?

  • PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    edited June 5
    Fry wrote: »
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Akshara Sareen got played in a deck.

    And the deck won!

    What? How? Coupled with something like The Source to slow down the free fast advance you've enabled for the Corp?

    Next-level Dyperness, coupled with the reversal on the ruling that lets you stack Encores in a turn.

    In short, massive multi-Hyperdriver/Out of the Ashes turn, Apocalypse, Encore x3, drop her and a Equivocation, and mill/score the Corp out with your next 15 clicks using it.

    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696
    Shorty
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    it's a really neat deck and I'm surprised it's fast enough to do the thing

    we gonna be alright
  • CerberusCerberus Registered User regular
    I think its cool, creative and only thought of highly because it's new. I've played against a lot of Dyper, because the creator is from the UK. It isn't fun or interactive, and I don't think it being popular or strong is a good thing for the game!
    Hopefully that doesn't sound as whiney as it reads to me.

    LanlaornArcticLancer
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    edited June 5
    Cerberus wrote: »
    I think its cool, creative and only thought of highly because it's new. I've played against a lot of Dyper, because the creator is from the UK. It isn't fun or interactive, and I don't think it being popular or strong is a good thing for the game!
    Hopefully that doesn't sound as whiney as it reads to me.

    I agree with this wholeheartedly and don't think it sounds whiney but I (infamously?) have a pretty high tolerance for complaining

    in an effort to engender some robust discussion about these decks, how would you go about building something to deal with them?

    assume that nothing else will be in the meta, so all you have to do is win that matchup

    I was thinking about this on the bus this morning, and I started with an Anarch deck with all the most obvious hate:

    Eddie Kim
    Maw
    Parasite
    Lamprey
    Eden Shard
    Imp?
    Hemorrhage?
    Siphon?

    then just breakers, money, and card draw

    dyper requires Architect and something to rez it

    plonk it on R&D and win the game

    Shorty on
    we gonna be alright
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited June 5
    Also, was great to meet @Shorty and @PMAvers (another forumer whose handle I apparently misheard) in person! Swell fellows.

    tzeentchling on
    Shorty
  • PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    edited June 5
    Buh? Do I have a copy-cat or doppelganger out in the wild? However much I'd love to have been there, it's on the opposite side of the country from where I am. If you're going to be at GenCon, I'll totally be there...

    But, in regards to Dyper, I think I appreciate it from just a appreciation of Beautiful Shaper Bullshit. It's like, mwah. *chef kiss*

    I do wonder if Apoc/Encore should get errata'd to be Terminals, though.

    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696
  • LykouraghLykouragh Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Cerberus wrote: »
    I think its cool, creative and only thought of highly because it's new. I've played against a lot of Dyper, because the creator is from the UK. It isn't fun or interactive, and I don't think it being popular or strong is a good thing for the game!
    Hopefully that doesn't sound as whiney as it reads to me.

    I agree with this wholeheartedly and don't think it sounds whiney but I (infamously?) have a pretty high tolerance for complaining

    in an effort to engender some robust discussion about these decks, how would you go about building something to deal with them?

    assume that nothing else will be in the meta, so all you have to do is win that matchup

    I was thinking about this on the bus this morning, and I started with an Anarch deck with all the most obvious hate:

    Eddie Kim
    Maw
    Parasite
    Lamprey
    Eden Shard
    Imp?
    Hemorrhage?
    Siphon?

    then just breakers, money, and card draw

    dyper requires Architect and something to rez it

    plonk it on R&D and win the game

    is it really that easy? the dypers I've been seeing all run ****ing Escher.

  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited June 5
    The new dyper runs exploit to de-rez all the archers.

    Edit: plus de-rez all the architects :bigfrown:

    Ethea on
    Shorty
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    edited June 5
    yeah but they can't always get to both Apoc and Exploit before you're able to threaten a win

    I was exaggerating though, just having architect isn't quite enough since sometimes they are going to be able to derez it before they use apocalypse

    timmy wong was playing a corp deck that has a pretty good success rate against it, not sure if he's posted the list yet, but it's basically Blue Sun Off the Grid

    it runs 3 crisium grids which is tough for dyper to deal with, especially if you get one on HQ and another on R&D

    Shorty on
    we gonna be alright
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Buh? Do I have a copy-cat or doppelganger out in the wild? However much I'd love to have been there, it's on the opposite side of the country from where I am. If you're going to be at GenCon, I'll totally be there...

    But, in regards to Dyper, I think I appreciate it from just a appreciation of Beautiful Shaper Bullshit. It's like, mwah. *chef kiss*

    I do wonder if Apoc/Encore should get errata'd to be Terminals, though.

    no there was another forumer there who mostly lurks (I will let him sound off if he wants), tzeentchling just misheard when he said his handle

    we gonna be alright
  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    You beat Dyper with IG or PU, or anything that can rush in a remote (but don't underestimate how quick it is - unless it gets a horrible draw, it will go off on turns 7-9 at the latest). The variants that don't run Rumor Mill also have a very hard time dealing with defensive upgrades on R&D.

    It's fragile to hate, or just poor matchups. Rotage pilots it perfectly, but the rest of us mere mortals will drop games with it to decks that are hard but winnable matchups. I'd never take it to a big tournament for that reason.

  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Best way to beat old dyper is to get rezzed ice on both HQ and R&D and just score out as fast as humanly possible

    best way to beat apoc dyper is to score out as fast as possible, get multiple crisium grids up, or snipe important pieces from their combo. or put a komainu on HQ.

  • PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, Blood and Water has a US release date of 6/22 now.

    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    that pack's gonna be a big deal

    we gonna be alright
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    that pack's gonna be a big deal

    Everybody is going to be a critic in the future.

  • PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    edited June 7
    I know I'm looking forward to trying to figure out how to Meteor Mining someone. Wonder if there's support for it in the pack.

    Because ROCK. Gotta!

    Thinking of splashing Midseason/Psychographics.

    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    Ethea wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    that pack's gonna be a big deal

    Everybody is going to be a critic in the future.

    I'm the world's biggest jinteki fanboy but I think obokata protocol might be....a bit much

    it's going to go in every jinteki deck and it makes all of them an absolute terror

    we gonna be alright
    PMAvers
  • PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    edited June 8
    Okay, that was goddamn hilarious.

    Playing against Argus. Have a absolutely garbo opening hand.. but I have Deep Data Mining and R&D's open, so I decide to say fuck it let's do this LEEROY

    Pull a 2-point agenda, decide to take the meat because... well, my hand's garbo and I don't care about losing the cards. Pull a second agenda (another 2 pointer), take the tag.

    Third card?

    Snare. Whoopsadoodle. *flatlines*

    EDIT: Also being able to play 3x Deuces Wild, 3x Build Script, 2x Process Automation in a deck is a goddamn BLAST.

    EDIT 2: Also something that's a silly blast: Builders of Nations Hasty AD Couriers.

    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696
    Shorty
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    Just won my Netrunner league, both on achievements and in the final tournament.

    I CAN'T LOSE!

    Shorty
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks San DiegoRegistered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Okay, that was goddamn hilarious.

    Playing against Argus. Have a absolutely garbo opening hand.. but I have Deep Data Mining and R&D's open, so I decide to say fuck it let's do this LEEROY

    Pull a 2-point agenda, decide to take the meat because... well, my hand's garbo and I don't care about losing the cards. Pull a second agenda (another 2 pointer), take the tag.

    Third card?

    Snare. Whoopsadoodle. *flatlines*

    EDIT: Also being able to play 3x Deuces Wild, 3x Build Script, 2x Process Automation in a deck is a goddamn BLAST.

    EDIT 2: Also something that's a silly blast: Builders of Nations Hasty AD Couriers.

    I actually have a deck built for this! Bonus points if your pile is Fast Track, Interns, Couriers. Why yes, I will score my Takeover from deck!

  • PMAversPMAvers GomorraRegistered User regular
    edited June 9
    I actually flat-lined a runner accidentally with it. They ended up face-planting into a triple-advanced Mausolus and couldn't break it, so they got hit for 3 net damage, and then 2 meat since I had a scored Cleaners.

    Actually, a AD chain I need to try sometime is going Dedication Ceremony 2x (if I've got a rezzed ICE I can put it on), and then Couriers.

    PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696
  • BogartBogart Newsflash, fuckwads: I'm a good person. Registered User regular
    I tried the all barrier Skorp deck and that is some hilarious nonsense.

    Shorty
  • AnzekayAnzekay Registered User regular
    Yeah I just won a league game with the all-barrier skorp, hatchet job salem's is inspired.

    Also I was trying a couriers deck with hasty and AD, but I was playing it out of skorpy instead of BoN because of the better ability and 3 more influence (and smaller deck size). Was trying graft and atlas so that if you score one of them you can find the bits for your next combo.

  • EpimerEpimer Registered User regular
    The new breed of Hasty CI deck is nuts. You go off on turn 6 or 7 consistently, and apparently turn 5 is entirely possible (I'm not sure how, though, unless you use an extra Hasty to AD clearances or something).

  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Epimer wrote: »
    The new breed of Hasty CI deck is nuts. You go off on turn 6 or 7 consistently, and apparently turn 5 is entirely possible (I'm not sure how, though, unless you use an extra Hasty to AD clearances or something).

    I really need to get in lots of practice with this deck, my CI skills are horribly rusty.

    In general it does concern me that the default good runners look to be dlr/combo since it is most effective tactic against the whole field. I wonder if whizzard siphon has a decent chance against the deck.

  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    Ethea wrote: »
    Epimer wrote: »
    The new breed of Hasty CI deck is nuts. You go off on turn 6 or 7 consistently, and apparently turn 5 is entirely possible (I'm not sure how, though, unless you use an extra Hasty to AD clearances or something).

    I really need to get in lots of practice with this deck, my CI skills are horribly rusty.

    In general it does concern me that the default good runners look to be dlr/combo since it is most effective tactic against the whole field. I wonder if whizzard siphon has a decent chance against the deck.

    My concern is really about the speed of these decks. A 6 turn clock is pretty aggressive! I need to dig into how the Hasty deck works around clot/sac-con.

  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    Whizzard siphon can work, if they don't draw Reuse

    we gonna be alright
  • EtheaEthea Registered User regular
    edited June 9
    Shorty wrote: »
    Whizzard siphon can work, if they don't draw Reuse

    Or panic button correct? That presumably can help them dig for Reuse, or any missing combo cards.

    Ethea on
    Shorty
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    yeah

    you need more disruption that siphon or vamp to win consistently

    we gonna be alright
Sign In or Register to comment.