As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Good Good McElroy Family of Products

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    The revelation that James from Team Rocket sounds exactly like Taako is blowing my fucking mind

omg

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    The revelation that James from Team Rocket sounds exactly like Taako is blowing my fucking mind

omg

Holy shit.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Boy I wish I wasn't watching this Desert Bus stream because the revelation about how they record shows now is something I cannot unhear and I'm going to be looking for it constantly

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I KNOW

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Boy I wish I wasn't watching this Desert Bus stream because the revelation about how they record shows now is something I cannot unhear and I'm going to be looking for it constantly

? I must have missed this

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

What is it

• Options

They don't record whole shows in one sitting anymore

They are in separate segments whenever they have time, sometimes only for like, a question or two and they are all stitched together later

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    I donated five dollars to charity so that I could tell Griffin I think he should start putting Amiibos and Skylanders in his mouth.

Griffin's Skylanders Attic. I'm just saying. You know you'd watch it.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options

They are in separate segments whenever they have time, sometimes only for like, a question or two and they are all stitched together later

That's

Crazy

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Wish I'd gotten in there quicker - I was gonna ask the brothers if they know that Garth Brooks' birth name is Troyal

• Options

Oh sure I can see that

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    quick note for anyone subscribing to all along the watchtower, we had to change RSS feeds so you might need to un/resubscribe in order to update your podcast app of choice, latest ep should be Xmas with the joker

(direct feed is http://feeds.feedburner.com/AllAlongTheWatchtowerADcauPodcast)

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular

That's

Crazy

While this makes sense to me, what makes it really crazy is
    They'll frequently continue referencing the same jokes throughout the show. Are they keeping all of that in the front of their minds when they're recording throughout the week? Because that seems nutso, and also makes some of the jokes seem a little bit more calculated.

• Options
    Straightzi wrote: »

That's

Crazy

While this makes sense to me, what makes it really crazy is
    They'll frequently continue referencing the same jokes throughout the show. Are they keeping all of that in the front of their minds when they're recording throughout the week? Because that seems nutso, and also makes some of the jokes seem a little bit more calculated.

this is what I was thinking. how recently have they been recording like that? I refuse to believe they can keep ongoing bits in mind so precisely

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    yeah if they've only been doing it that way for a few weeks then that makes sense but otherwise wow

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    I bet it's just the post-baby recording style

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Desert Bus: no brustling!

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I bet it's just the post-baby recording style

yeah that would make sense

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    "Who's the Scrappy Do of Comedy Bang Bang?"
    "You. "

I died.

This Solo Bolo Cuatrolo is very good.

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    Solo Bolo
    Heynong Man ain't nuthin' to fuck with.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    Uhhhh I get to meet the dude who voiced Ratohnhaké:ton tonight

Fuuuuuuck yes

Update: he is very nice! And a really solid comedic actor. Has a great, lowkey naturalism that's still very funny. Which isn't easy!

There's some better, alternate universe where Judd Apatow's stable has room for a Crow dude

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    I'm just now listening to the most recent live Adventure Zone... Holy Shit Jeff Angel. I love this so much.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Nick Robinson appeared (via Skype) on the lastest SEO Play (which, btw, is a fantastic video series) and I'm pretty sure the Car Boys music isn't added in post but just naturally plays whenever Nick is talking.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Justice League premiered 15 years ago today and we are all crumbling into dust

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Bruce Timm is an old mummy man drawing sexy pin-ups on the inside of his sarcophagus lid.

• Options
    Nick Robinson appeared (via Skype) on the lastest SEO Play (which, btw, is a fantastic video series) and I'm pretty sure the Car Boys music isn't added in post but just naturally plays whenever Nick is talking.

Remember when them putting that music in was a reference to Quadrilateral Cowboy?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Car boys music? You mean "Clair de lune", composed by Claude Debussy, and published in 1905?

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

you are a small tiny bouncing baby boy

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Car boys music? You mean "Clair de lune", composed by Claude Debussy, and published in 1905?

No I'm pretty sure since it's part of Nick now, it's just called "Car Boys music".

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    ChicoBlue wrote: »
    Bruce Timm is an old mummy man drawing sexy pin-ups on the inside of his sarcophagus lid.

living the dream

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    everyone knows nick's famous musician brother but nick is also an accomplished composer himself, having scored the long running car boys web series

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options

Do you insist that everyone calling the wedding march "Mendelssohn's Wedding March"

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Actually, due to the non linearity of time, Claude Debussy composed 'Clair de lune' for the video series 'Car Boys'

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Aw, I didn't know Justice League was older than you!

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    everyone knows nick's famous musician brother but nick is also an accomplished composer himself, having scored the long running car boys web series

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MjbxDblprzo

checks out

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    time is a 4-sided day

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    YaYa wrote: »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MjbxDblprzo

checks out

I was wondering how long it would take

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

Do you insist that everyone calling the wedding march "Mendelssohn's Wedding March"

What? No? You are saying the name already. Wedding march.

Am I not allowed to make a joke anymore? Jesus.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

This discussion has been closed.