As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[BEER] The Lacing on This Thread is Breathtaking. Mouthfeel

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    5th hammer in NY had a sour called peach dragon that was really good. A bar down the street had it on tap, had the first glass when they got it in and killed the last keg. ^.^

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    At a brewery on a farm, chilling at a picnic table under a metal roof. Truly this is the Florida experience.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’m posting on the forums a lot less lately but I miss my beer people

Come join the discord server where I have a beer related server that just needs beer drinkers to come talk about beer with me!

https://discord.gg/A9Yxr2Mh

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    It appears they do grow all their ingredients right here. The hops aren't very exciting because of that for their IPAs, but the two beers I had were good.

• SmurphSmurph Registered User regular
    So I ran a homebrew competition with my local club this past weekend. Fucking exhausting but very rewarding. Won a 1st place medal for my lone entry, a Scottish Ale.

I was only supposed to be like an assistant organizer but the main guy wasn't good with computers and basically just showed up and slowly got drunk, so I handled pretty much everything. Got free beer out of it though.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Congrats!

Also, congrats to the thread for hitting 100.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    The Judge wrote: »
    Congrats!

Also, congrats to the thread for hitting 100.

Man reading the first few pages of this thread, four and a half years ago. What a blast from the past. @Tallahasseeriel was just getting into mead making, I had just discovered Stone Xocoveza. We apparently did a Salsa exchange that I don't remember at all. Might have been my last exchange now that I think of it.

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Wow, checked back for the first time in a long time and it's just in time for page 100. Many good sips were had!

brDe918.jpg
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    PSA for anyone near DC, it's Montgomery County food week and so all of the MoCo state stores have a sale on everything produced in Maryland. I picked up the Flying Dog Brunch Pack and I'm excited by all of them, it's three each of Toast Bob Crunch Pants (cinnamon vanilla ale), the less creatively named Mimosa beer/ale and Bloody Mary Beer/ale, and an Irish Coffee Stout.

• jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    PSA for anyone near DC, it's Montgomery County food week and so all of the MoCo state stores have a sale on everything produced in Maryland. I picked up the Flying Dog Brunch Pack and I'm excited by all of them, it's three each of Toast Bob Crunch Pants (cinnamon vanilla ale), the less creatively named Mimosa beer/ale and Bloody Mary Beer/ale, and an Irish Coffee Stout.

Flying Dog is great. The blood line blood orange is delicious.

Most of their stuff hits like a truck tho

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »

Flying Dog is great. The blood line blood orange is delicious.

Most of their stuff hits like a truck tho

Yes, I'd like to subscribe to this newsletter.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    Have they toned down their beer names? I used to travel over there for work and the only thing local that would be on tap would be "Raging Bitch" or something else equally dumb and I'd just quietly ignore it and order something macro.

• webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I remember about 6 months before Hop Valley was bought (probably when talks started) they changed their Double D Blonde Ale to just like "Golden Blonde Ale" or something similar. When it happened we all joked they were preparing to be bought. Shoulda made a bet on that one.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • PeenPeen Registered User regular
    They've toned down the names but their label art is still the best in the game, bar none.

Carpy wrote: »
    Have they toned down their beer names? I used to travel over there for work and the only thing local that would be on tap would be "Raging Bitch" or something else equally dumb and I'd just quietly ignore it and order something macro.

Shitty name, agreed.

Great beer tho

• BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Was craving something medium body with a hint of citrus, found a Honey Orange Tripel by New Belgium...yes, this is what I wanted. 10% ABV, subtle sweetness upfront, spicy citrus on the finish. Only downside is that it already looks like its been renally processed:
    du9xxywvxiuv.jpg

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2021
    Good lord, this is the smoothest boozy stout I think I've ever drunk, and I live in the same city as the Prairie Brewing Company.

c89q1f8rghsp.png

Best of all, Skydance Brewing is the first Oklahoma beer I've had that uses Native symbolism while also belonging to the American Indian Chamber of Commerce of Oklahoma.

The actual brewery is out of the way of my usual commute but I think I'm going to start buying directly from the source, I am entirely invested in these folks staying in business.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Dang that is a dope logo

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
    80+ degree day in Maryland. Charcoal grilling steaks and lamb chops on the Weber. Enjoying a Porch Rocker in the heat.

I know it’s Sam Adams. But they introduced me to non macro beers 25 years ago, and it’s still perfect for this activity.

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    jmcdonald wrote: »
    80+ degree day in Maryland. Charcoal grilling steaks and lamb chops on the Weber. Enjoying a Porch Rocker in the heat.

I know it’s Sam Adams. But they introduced me to non macro beers 25 years ago, and it’s still perfect for this activity.

Porch Rocker is a GREAT beer.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hey, if anyone runs into any, I heartily recommend Troeg's Dear Peter. I bought one and more-or-less instantly regretted not getting more, and now I double extra regret it because I can't seem to find any more locally.

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    edited May 2021
    I went to a multi brewery event Saturday. Food trucks at each location and a shuttle service between the breweries.

Guess it's the first time I've really just gone out for beers in a while, not just had a beer with a meal at a restaurant. I'd forgot how good cold, crisp, fresh beer from the tap is.

bloodatonement on
    Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Kasteel Donker is a Belgian quad that is basically a malt syrup. It's so sweet.

Which, for me, a horrible sugar goblin, is a good thing. But this might be too much for a lot of people.

Juggernut wrote: »
    Kasteel Donker is a Belgian quad that is basically a malt syrup. It's so sweet.

Which, for me, a horrible sugar goblin, is a good thing. But this might be too much for a lot of people.

Straight donker isn't bad, but I prefer Kasteel Rouge. Its the donker mixed with a cherry liqueur, it can be dangerous.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
    Had a nice la fin du monde and watched a thunderstorm from my porch tonight.

Not a bad way to end a day.

• HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I went to an outdoor beer festival in AC last weekend. Nothing has made me feel more like the world is returning to normal.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
    Publix had Westbrook's Mexican Cake Break so I snagged a bottle but shit was like, $15.

It's basically dessert. You need a spoon for this stuff.

edited June 2021
    g9ui34c62mnx.png

Felix Et Tenebris tastes exactly like if a chocolate orange ran off and had sweet beer babies with an imperial stout.

Cabin Boys is putting out some very solid beers lately. You know, for a bunch of degens from upstate.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
    Just released today. Pretty tasty. Nice start to a weekend.

3xrnhs52ys72.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    lshredeeucoe.jpg

Edmunds Oast Cordial Offering Maple Pecan is like drinking blackstrap molasses, fighting your dad, losing and then falling face first into Carolina pluff mud and never being seen again.

I normally find Golden Stout to be gimmicky but I have to admit this one was really tasty.
    h5fm1t30s2g6.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    I liked that one! My favorite of theirs so far was the peanut butter stout, but the white Russian was just a light pleasing blend of flavors that was almost but not quite too sweet.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    I want to go to there

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Wait, that's a 28% beer?

edited October 2021
    Utopias 2021
    1ezngqm9gxvd.jpeg
    bi1602b0v9di.jpeg
    nwlrljs7p6js.jpeg

Shit, they're out already?

For comparison, my collection.

snm8zbo2bofe.jpg

MegaMan001 on
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Wait, that's a 28% beer?

Its a "beer" but closer to a cognac.

• Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    October 11 is the official release day but there has been some early ones in the wild due to weird supply chain stuff. I’d check 11 and 12, 11 since it’s the “official release” and the 12 because Tuesday is a typical arrival of trucks for stores of the nature that might have it. (Typically Tuesday/Thursday truck deliveries).

October 11 is the official release day but there has been some early ones in the wild due to weird supply chain stuff. I’d check 11 and 12, 11 since it’s the “official release” and the 12 because Tuesday is a typical arrival of trucks for stores of the nature that might have it. (Typically Tuesday/Thursday truck deliveries).

I appreciate that. Honestly these aren't that difficult to get, most liquor stores seem to get one or two and big joints like Costco or whatever get a half dozen.

Eight years ago they all went for MSRP of 189 or so and now it's up to $249 depending on where you live.

If anyone here wants to take the leap I highly recommend using the Sam Adams Beer Finder on their website. I found mine last release in a random liquor store off of interstate 90 who had no idea what it was. The cashier rung it up as a keg because he didn't have an actual listing for it.

MegaMan001 wrote: »

I appreciate that. Honestly these aren't that difficult to get, most liquor stores seem to get one or two and big joints like Costco or whatever get a half dozen.

Eight years ago they all went for MSRP of 189 or so and now it's up to $249 depending on where you live.

If anyone here wants to take the leap I highly recommend using the Sam Adams Beer Finder on their website. I found mine last release in a random liquor store off of interstate 90 who had no idea what it was. The cashier rung it up as a keg because he didn't have an actual listing for it.

It’s Highly dependent on the area you live in and the relative population of craft snobs and level of commitment they have to high tier beer. In my area we are a very dedicated homebrew and craft brew domain so things like Utopias are in short supply and go fast. I probably snagged the only bottle left in the panhandle and it’s not even released yet. So your mileage may vary.