As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BEER] The Lacing on This Thread is Breathtaking. Mouthfeel

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I want to drink a beer tonight

But I'm on antibiotics and pain meds for my mouth

Still have some of those hot chocolate stouts in my fridge though for when I recover.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I need to travel more

• Options
    I find it weird I'm learning the types of beer I like now

Wheat beers, stouts, kolsch...

I wish I could make it to North Carolina in winter too get another first frost from fullsteam.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Winking Seal's logo is adorable oh my goodness

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Kind of reminds me of the rheingeist skull

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Yeah it's super cute, right?

The brewery got its name from the founder's stuffed seal that he's had since he was a baby, no joke. He was a cool dude buuut at the time there were some Extremely Trashed Bad Kind Of Expats also talking to us and my friend kicked me in the leg to not-so-subtly point out that we needed to stage an extraction ASAP.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    My wife bought me a 6 pack of Stone's new unfiltered double IPA for my birthday, so today's going to be a fun day.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Deadfall wrote: »
    Delightful

Including the actual salsa.

There was that Valhalla Stout I think? One of the best stouts I think I've had in awhile. I like my stouts to drink like a meal and I was full after that one.

Thats from a very local place, and I'm glad you liked it because that was what caused your parcel to be late. They also have a good one I want to try later this year thats...very local. Its called "The Prince of Valpo" and is made from totally local stuff including coffee from a local coffee bar and my buddy Ben was the model for the label:
    beer-1410689_c0933_hd.jpeg

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I bet a salty backbone would have gone great with that

Well I paired it with a pork belly and bacon jam grilled cheese sandwich and frickles, so it was quite amazing.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Keep living your best life

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I found some TRVE beers on the bottom shelf of the walk-in at Lamadog Tap Room in Santa Barbara. I grabbed a Life's Trade to bring home, I'm going to have to go back and rescue the Ancient Bole and Red Chaos.
    1nwc65yqopk7.jpg

Noisymunk on
    brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    09mq98ebb3fb.jpg

This isn't very good. I'm drinking it anyway because I'm not wasting beer.

Stouts need to be smooth... This is OVER carbonated.

• Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    Noisymunk wrote: »
    I found some TRVE beers on the bottom shelf of the walk-in at Lamadog Tap Room in Santa Barbara. I grabbed a Life's Trade to bring home, I'm going to have to go back and rescue the Ancient Bole and Red Chaos.
    1nwc65yqopk7.jpg

I didn't think TRVE went out of state that's interesting.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    25t9E7cl.jpg

We regularly end up with pomelos from a box of produce we get from a local farm. Usually don't do anything with them, but this picture inspired me to juice it into an IPA (Sierra Nevada Brut). It's good, but not as good as grapefruit.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular

I didn't think TRVE went out of state that's interesting.

I have no idea how they get their inventory, they just tapped a keg of Hill Farmstead ale, that's a Vermont brewery with a very small production that's only available IN Vermont. Somehow they just drive around and buy good stuff all over the country.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    WHO IS NEAR NORFOLK, VIRGINIA THAT CAN GET ME A CAN OF THE SATURDAY MORNING MARSHMALLOW IPA?

I will compensate you

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Who wants to organize a cantina crawl in the new Star Wars area of Disneyland?
    Beers and wine will be exclusive to Galaxy’s Edge: Disney worked with several breweries and winemakers to create beers and wines guests will only be able to drink, ever, in Oga’s Cantina in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Some examples are as follows: Bad Motivator IPA, White Wampa Ale, Spiced Rutter Cider, Imperial Red Cab Sav, and Toniray White from Alderaan.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    This may be me sounding like a stuffy old man, but I kind of liked that alcohol was not available in disneyland proper.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Doodmann wrote: »
    This may be me sounding like a stuffy old man, but I kind of liked that alcohol was not available in disneyland proper.

Wasn't it available at restaurants in EPCOT? Like, not just something you can grab and go, but at sit-down places.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Wasn't it available at restaurants in EPCOT? Like, not just something you can grab and go, but at sit-down places.

yeah, and at California adventure. Just not Disneyland/the Magic Kingdom (I think)

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    Iirc it came straight from Walt.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    WHO IS NEAR NORFOLK, VIRGINIA THAT CAN GET ME A CAN OF THE SATURDAY MORNING MARSHMALLOW IPA?

I will compensate you

I'm not, but I've been thinking about that beer

My favorite nano brewery has a similarly themed beer, except it's a stout

It's really good

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

I thought the only purpose for EPCOT anymore was getting a drink from each country and possibly not making it around the world before passing out

• Options
    Iirc it came straight from Walt.

Well if he has a problem with it he can thaw his head out of cryo-storage and tell us.

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

I thought the only purpose for EPCOT anymore was getting a drink from each country and possibly not making it around the world before passing out

My wife's a maid of honor and the whole group is going to Disney next weekend and their doing this Saturday. I'm excited for the drunk texts

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    25t9E7cl.jpg

We regularly end up with pomelos from a box of produce we get from a local farm. Usually don't do anything with them, but this picture inspired me to juice it into an IPA (Sierra Nevada Brut). It's good, but not as good as grapefruit.

In general pomelos are less juicy but I find more floral and fragrant than grapefruit. I don't think they're very good for juicing, period. Much better suited to being used in the process or as an infusion I think.

Also, I don't know where you are, but I have honestly never had a good pomelo outside of SE Asia, except once, bizarrely, in Germany.

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    ...is the plural of pomelo, 'pomelo'?

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    You are talking about the English name for a fruit that was introduced to the English by the Dutch who got it from the Portuguese in an era where Western Europe was engaged in a fierce competition to see who could care the least about Asian words for things. This is the most wrecked an etymology can possibly get, pluralize it however you want and dare anyone to contradict you.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    a flock of pomeli

RUVCwyu.jpg
  • Options
    A Murder of pomelaggos

• Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    A pomelo of pomelo

• Options
    BouwsTBouwsT Wanna come to a super soft birthday party? Registered User regular
    A parliment of pomeleese

Between you and me, Peggy, I smoked this Juul and it did UNTHINKABLE things to my mind and body...
  • Options
    Mr. ButtonsMr. Buttons Registered User regular
    More than a bushel is an absolute pomelling

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    I have completed over a month of no alcohol. I am very ready for a beer after work today. Bonus, my friend is having a bonfire and BBQ.

• Options
    I have completed over a month of no alcohol. I am very ready for a beer after work today. Bonus, my friend is having a bonfire and BBQ.

I did this and be careful! You'd be surprised how your tolerance drops after just a few weeks.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    Well now I'll expect something pomelo in the next salsa exchange.

7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    I had planned to include a grapefruit (fresh picked off my tree) in my salsa box, but once the salsa was loaded, there was no room.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options

I did this and be careful! You'd be surprised how your tolerance drops after just a few weeks.

Jai Alai: still good. Also lord yes. I'm having a refreshing la croix or three between here and another drink.

• Options
    Ahhh La Croix.

The Mic Ultra of flavored water.

• Options
    Ahhh La Croix.

The Mic Ultra of flavored water.

Easily the most foul beer I've ever had was an mgd64. We told that roomie to never even bring that home for free. This was in college, where we drank keystone mind you.