As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BEER] The Lacing on This Thread is Breathtaking. Mouthfeel

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Speaking of terrible beers, did you ever drink the skittle brau, @Raijin Quickfoot

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Speaking of terrible beers, did you ever drink the skittle brau, @Raijin Quickfoot

Nope! It's still in my fridge!

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Ahhh La Croix.

The Mic Ultra of flavored water.

Easily the most foul beer I've ever had was an mgd64. We told that roomie to never even bring that home for free. This was in college, where we drank keystone mind you.

I find the Mic Ultra and MGD64'S don't have enough flavor to be bad. They just tast like water.

• Options
    NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    Pomelo - it's basically a grapefruit wearing a fur coat
    I had planned to include a grapefruit (fresh picked off my tree) in my salsa box, but once the salsa was loaded, there was no room.

I think shipping citrus across state lines would get you tagged faster than the salsa.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Yep. Once again confirming Karl Straus 28th Ann. Barrel Aged Belgian Quad is my favorite beer of all time forever always to infinity and beyond.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Hey, Secret Game of Thrones thread -

The King in the North by Ommegang is a solid entry in the Bourbon Barrel Stout category.

It also has the benefit of coming in essentially wine-bottle size and is therefore suitable for either sharing with a loved one or hoarding all for yourself.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I respect Ommegang but their beers tear me the hell up

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    While good, King in the North is high octane and not fucking around. Consider yourselves warned.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    Micro-, nano-, picobrewery. Nah.
    I'm running a Solo-brewery.
    hnxnpofrbdbi.jpg
    Getting close to being very happy with my dry stout recipe. It is the third time I've brewed the stout, this time I switched out the East Kent Goldings for Northern Brewer hops. I like it this way, Northern Brewer brings a freshness to the beer that it was lacking. Next time I may add a dose of Fuggle halfway through the boil for some earthy notes. It's very smooth with very little roasted malt flavor, like a Murphy's.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Drank a Salmon Pants Lager from War Pigs (which is a joint effort between Mikkeler and Three Floyd's)

It was very good. It tasted like beer. Like... If someone wanted me to pour them a glass of something that was a good example of what beer tastes like... That's what I'm pouring.

• Options
    "War Pigs Salmon Pants" sounds like it was spit out of a beer name generator.

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    The Oracle, by Bells, is a good DIPA

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    It's book club night! This is the best night of the month, because I get to go talk a load of old shit about The Lost City of Z and drink weird experimental Prairie stouts.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I gotta say, maybe I'm constantly drinking the wrong Prairie beers. I have liked none of them, and by all rights I should, since their styles are ones I tend to enjoy (except stouts).

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    https://www.delish.com/food-news/a26797768/sour-me-unicorn-farts-beer/

DuClaw is partnering with a bakery to make a fruity pebbles inspired sour beer with edible glitter in it, April release

I'll drink it

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    I drank an edible glitter beer once.

The glitter was awesome.

The beer was shite.

So it goes!

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat has already nailed the idea of a fruity pebbles beer so I know it can be done.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Arrg

I wish the local meadery wasn't charging 30 dollars a bottle

This one they are putting out this month sounds so good, honey (obviously) raspberries, blackberries and black currant...

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Beer?
    mx5ubuf2b54l.jpg

jmy54e18ojka.jpg

• Options
    Drinking a couple of these while we watch District 9 and nurse our colds. Really nice mosaic pale ale from Alvarado Street in Salinas CA.
    tncna0k693tw.jpg

brDe918.jpg
  • Options
    Tomorrow

I go to Total Wine.

• Options
    Shower beer remains very good beer.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    the shower beer is perfect

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Sea Quench in a hot shower at the end of the day == the closest a human can know to happiness.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    God damn I might finally take a shower so I ca do this

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    ha ha gross

• Options
    Big news this week if you keep track of who owns what.

About two years ago Avery sold a stake of itself to a Founders/Spanish brewery combo. This week they sold more even more to them and now outside ownership has 70 percent.

Ninkasi has sold/started an investment group that plans to purchase two more 'as big as' breweries and then pick up like 10 smaller groups.

Basically, if you don't want InBev to come knocking, it looks like you are grouping up with others if they're roughly the same size.

• Options
    KetarKetar Come on upstairs we're having a partyRegistered User regular
    Why are you sharing this disheartening news about Avery?

Why couldn't you just let me keep enjoying them in my ignorance??

That said, this doesn't sound like bad ownership, so hopefully Avery will continue to be one of my favorite brewers.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
  • Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    edited April 2019
    The Judge wrote: »
    Big news this week if you keep track of who owns what.

About two years ago Avery sold a stake of itself to a Founders/Spanish brewery combo. This week they sold more even more to them and now outside ownership has 70 percent.

Ninkasi has sold/started an investment group that plans to purchase two more 'as big as' breweries and then pick up like 10 smaller groups.

Basically, if you don't want InBev to come knocking, it looks like you are grouping up with others if they're roughly the same size.

Yea it'll be interesting to see the investment group setup that Ninkasi is becoming. Do we have news on where outside money is coming from?

Edit: Just answered my own question.

Article

webguy20 on
    Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I hate IPAs so much.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Can't drink cause a computer broke
    2cy7v59wqcrn.jpg

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I love IPAs

Give me them dank hazy ones

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    I love IPAs

Give me them dank hazy ones

You can have them! I'll take a good session IPA, but thats about as strong a one as I want anymore beyond just like a taster. Give me all the sours.

Speaking of Sours, my local Fred Meyers has started stocking Sea Quench Ale, so thats exciting! No more whole foods for me.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    I bought the spring's first six pack of Sea Quench and haven't touched it yet because it rained too much for yard work this weekend. Fortunately, I've got a weird Tuesday off. So today, I mow. Then, I quench.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    @Jedoc my bottleshop is carrying Prairie. They have The Bomb.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Picked up some Night Shift Buzz for today. Double IPA (tastes like an NE IPA, very juicy and hazy) brewed with wildflower honey and lupulin powider (which is apparently a concentrated form of lupulin, which is a powder that occurs on hop flowers and is high in the aromatic oils that give hops their pungency).

It's very good! The predominant notes are still the hops but there's very little bitterness, even for an NE IPA (which is already less bitter than a NW IPA), and a little hint of sweetness. Has a nice delayed aftertaste where you get just a hint of the taste of the raw honey on the back of your palate. They didn't overdo it, which is a big fear when you add stuff like honey to beer.

• Options
    Dammit. I'm drinking my last 90 Minute IPA.

I'll need to get more. I like always having some in my fridge.

• Options
    There is a three-month-old sheltie at the taproom tonight and she is destroying hearts left and right.

Also, there is peanut butter chocolate porter from Block 15. If your mouth just started salivating, let me assure you it's warranted.

My evening's going pretty well is what I'm saying here.