As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel] Now! No no, the new one.

never dienever die Registered User regular
edited October 2016 in Social Entropy++
So Marvel has a lot of things going on right now, including this new thing you might have heard of called Civil War II. It is going through August, now September, totally by October and December! It is getting some interesting reactions, to say the least. Some like it, some don't, but a lot of people are talking about it.

Current events going on or coming up:

Spider-Man-The-Clone-Conspiracy-1-preview.jpg

Dead No More: Clone Conspiracy, wherein we are going to do the Clone Saga again, and whose first issue
deals with new, controversial plot points being found out about an old character.

577ebd31b0872.jpg
Death of X, where we finally get to see what happened in the 8 month time gap from Secret Wars, and whose first issue
creates a controversial storyline in which an old, fan favorite character dies.
579518d9bdb41.jpg
After that, we will have Inhumans Vs. X-Men, where they will fight for the right to be the random power springing up next stage in human evolution! Who will win? Will it be the hated and feared Mutants, or the loved and adored Inhumans?

There are also some movies and stuff coming out soon, the most recent going to be Doctor Strange, in theaters November 4, 2016. Here is the most recent trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUo4GQsnkHc

(Sorry for any roughness in this thread starting post, it is my first non-help related thread, any suggestions to go in here is very much wanted).

Edit: changed the Inhumans Vs X-Men image, as while it was smaller than the image limit, just barely, so I decided to change it.

never die on

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Which Spider-man book should I buy?

I'm looking to buy a Spidey trade.

I don't own any Spider-man trades, aside from the first trade of Spider-man 2099.

I'd like to get marvel unlimited, but I think I need a new tablet first. I'll read all of ultimate Spider-man and new ultimate Spider-man on unlimited.

I ask this every few months, I know, I'm sorry. I'll put things on my Amazon wish list this time!

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Spider-Man: Big Time is real good!

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    the Spider-Man: Family Business OGN is good

• Options
    I didn't like it much, personally

Plus it is hilarious how they insisted it was CANON AND VERY IMPORTANT and I don't think anyone has referenced it since

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I could be wrong but I don't remember anyone insisting the story was all that important?

• Options
    They absolutely framed it as a very big deal for Peter Parker that would be addressed in his series

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Chill, fam
    I added both of them

• Options
    I'm totally chill, just sayin I didn't like a book! No big deal

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I'm totally chill, just sayin I didn't like a book! No big deal

https://youtu.be/p2WzkgkufyE

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    if arnold was in a marvel movie who would he play

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    -Tal wrote: »

25 years ago, Nuke

• Options
    -Tal wrote: »
    Kraven

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    monsters-unleashed-cover-variant.jpg

Steve McNiven designed a new monster for Monsters Unleashed

It also sounds like a pretty solid little event, only 8 tie ins, new reader friendly and just a big fun heroes vs. Kaiju story according to Bunn

BlankZoe on
    CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    okay, hear me out on this

how about... thanos

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Giant monsters wearing pants is always amusing.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Which Spider-man book should I buy?

I'm looking to buy a Spidey trade.

I don't own any Spider-man trades, aside from the first trade of Spider-man 2099.

I'd like to get marvel unlimited, but I think I need a new tablet first. I'll read all of ultimate Spider-man and new ultimate Spider-man on unlimited.

I ask this every few months, I know, I'm sorry. I'll put things on my Amazon wish list this time!

It's definitely more of a Deadpool book but Spider-man/Deadpool has some fun Spidey stuff in it.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    When you want to read Spider-Man, just read all of Ultimate Spider-Man

• Options
    darn it, Taika Waititi did an AMA on Reddit today and I missed it

I need him to confirm whether or not Hela has full on comics accurate headgear in the movie

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Superheroes punching giant monsters shouldn't be as refreshing as it sounds. BUT HERE WE ARE

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Superheroes punching giant monsters shouldn't be as refreshing as it sounds. BUT HERE WE ARE

Better than punching each other.

• Options
    ah, but you see, perhaps the real monster, is captain america

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    is ben reilly back

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Nobody cares about Ben Reilly anymore. These days we clamor for the return of Kaine.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    darn it, Taika Waititi did an AMA on Reddit today and I missed it

I need him to confirm whether or not Hela has full on comics accurate headgear in the movie

seemed to be a lot of people asking how he was fitting into the MCU machine and whether his vision was compromised at all, and while he seemed pretty adamant that they let him make the film he wanted to make, that has to be annoying.

Somebody asked if he thought at all about how this film would mesh with the first two Thors, and he said "I basically tried really hard to not acknowledge that there were two previous films." Same with the MCU itself. He just said "I have other people worry about that."

• Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    Ben Reilly will be in Agents of SHIELD I wager

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    monsters-unleashed-cover-variant.jpg

Steve McNiven designed a new monster for Monsters Unleashed

It also sounds like a pretty solid little event, only 8 tie ins, new reader friendly and just a big fun heroes vs. Kaiju story according to Bunn

I knew I forgot something in the OP, it was Monster's Unleashed. It wasn't listed in the list of upcoming events for some reason.

• Options
    Taika Waititi says the one GotG character he wanted to get for Ragnarok was John C. Reily's Rhoman Dey, but it didn't work out.

Also that he really, really wants to make more Thor n' Darryl shorts with the rest of The Avengers.

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Gustav wrote: »
    Ben Reilly will be in Agents of SHIELD I wager

you son of a bitch

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    So the first issue of Mosaic had a bunch of Spanish lines during the segment where he body-hopped into a latino gang member and

well

evidently they just decided to run the lines through Google Translate as the grammar is all fucked up

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Come the fuck on

• Options
    masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    How the fuck do you not spend the time to get someone who knows Spanish

You could go to your nearest school and get at least a decent translation if you asked, how much do you not have to care to just Google Translate it

Fuck, you could even transliterate a word at a time by using a dictionary you can find on the internet

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    That's what I call authenticity

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    So the first issue of Mosaic had a bunch of Spanish lines during the segment where he body-hopped into a latino gang member and

well

evidently they just decided to run the lines through Google Translate as the grammar is all fucked up

Look it worked in middle school it'll work now

Wait that didn't work in middle school at all, I got fucking failed for that

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    This is my shocked face.

• Options
    Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    This is me every time a comic book has a line in French or German.

Dizzy D on
    Steam/Origin: davydizzy
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    So I guess there's going to be a Miles\Gwen romance plot.

Which seems like the most boring pairing ever (not character wise, just how obvious).

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

Which seems like the most boring pairing ever (not character wise, just how obvious).

That doesn't seem obvious to me at all, and actually just brings up more questions.

The obvious one to me was Kamala and Miles because they seemed to be pushing that pretty hard early on.

• Options

Huh, which Gwen are you referring to?

• Options
    Isn't there a significant age difference there?

• Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    never die wrote: »

Huh, which Gwen are you referring to?

Spider-Gwen

And I think Gwen is 17 and Miles is now 16?

This discussion has been closed.