As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel] Now! No no, the new one.

19495969798100»

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    It's happened twice, not really that much of a thing

• Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Young Jean Grey has fairly effectively supplanted Old Jean Grey, but that's still like eight years if you count that way

But Old Jean Grey still casts a shadow over characters in the Marvel universe. You can't talk about Phoenix without thinking about her, at least a little, and New Jean Grey still gets comparisons with OJG. So her death is still resonant, at least emotionally.

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

OK...Cap wasn't really dead at the time but we have Old Cap, Old Logan and Young Jean fairly recently. Maybe it isn't a ton, but it is enough to definitely be a thing they are doing and may do more of. A sort of replace with a different sort of the same person rather than passing the role on to a legacy character which is more in line with what DC has trended toward.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Hawkstone wrote: »

OK...Cap wasn't really dead at the time but we have Old Cap, Old Logan and Young Jean fairly recently. Maybe it isn't a ton, but it is enough to definitely be a thing they are doing and may do more of. A sort of replace with a different sort of the same person rather than passing the role on to a legacy character which is more in line with what DC has trended toward.

Old Cap did pass the role to Sam, not to some alternate version of himself.

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Having Old Man Logan running around severely diminishes the "Wolverine has stayed dead, wow!" sentiment to me

Like, fucking yeah, kind of?

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    They have every character treat him like regular ass wolverine after like a page of weirdness

Puck just calls him up and is like sup dude who I dont actually know but is my best friend

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I had no idea Tom Holland is British.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Keep tuned in as coming up next Marvel will be unveiling their exclusive trailer for the next big MCU event before it is even thought up

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    literally 3 posts above you

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Having that first shot be RDJ, Tom Holland, and Chris Pratt was pretty cool. Really feels like an "all-in" movie.

This discussion has been closed.