As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Press B to tip your hat to [Red Dead Redemption II]

Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
edited September 2017 in Social Entropy++

Okay there's no thread where this fits anymore so here's its own

Red Dead Redemption 2 has been officially announced by Rockstar, coming Fall 2017 for Playstation 4 and Xbox One, and no I'm not forgetting anything else

The official trailer is coming later this week, and earlier this morning people discovered domain registrations by Take-Two for Red Dead Online

6F32U1X.png
Mr. G on

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I am so fucking psyched. The intentional nod to Magnificent 7 implies co-op right?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    The site specifically mentions that
    The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.
    so I would imagine it's GTA5 Online but with horses instead of cars.

I am taking solace in the fact that GTA5 had a PC release ~6 months after console...fingers crossed.

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    i loved RDR's online in the day

it was the perfect tool around game

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Red Dead Redemption is one of the few open world game which really clicked for me. The world and story were so well done that it pushed me past the usual boredom that sets in with these games.

Really curious if lighting can hit again.

Also, prequel?

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Fucking cougars.

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    please no marston prequel

i love me a marston but I'd rather it stand alone and leave RDR self-contained

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

Them slapping a "2" on it sure doesn't sound like they're leaving it alone

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Them slapping a "2" on it sure doesn't sound like they're leaving it alone

indeed it doesn't

but then again, it's not final fantasy. Red Dead Redemption may just be their series' name at this point, and they're rolling with that name recognition that Red Dead Revolver never offered

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    I'd prefer it if they left Marston's story as it was, but I could still see myself getting hype for the multiplayer

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    If they're doing to have a Native American character please, for the love of God bring in an actual native American to consult.

• Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    There were only five members of Dutch's gang named in the original Red Dead Redemption, including Marston and his wife; seven silhouettes and none of them female would seem to indicate this isn't a prequel (and a sequel seems super unlikely).

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    If they are doing the GTAV thing with character swapping and those are your choices

Man

7 characters and not one of them is a lady

dang

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    UIi5CwHl.jpg

she's right here, rockstar

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Fortuitous timing, I am just playing RDR for the first time now. It is... tough to get into, as it feels rougher round the edges than even GTAIV. But I like the setting, and John Marston is the most polite cowperson ever, so I love all his interactions with errybody.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    The only parts I remember being rough in RDR were a few thing around the beginning with cowboy stuff like clearing animals out of the fields and actually moving the herd and catching a wild horse.

• Options
    I'd be okay with a young Marston in this as long as he's a side character and not the protagonist

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    What do I win for calling the far right silhouette as an Indian?

(Please don't fuck him up, please don't fuck him up, please don't fuck him up)

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Fucking cougars.

Nope, Marston is a faithfully married man.

• Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fucking cougars.

This is one thing I really liked about the first game (yes I know you don't have to tell me you know what I mean)

Marston was loyal to his wife and they did not let you fuck that up for him

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

I recognized that the second I saw him.

• Options

the "Theodore Floosevelt's gold medal for guessin good, you gamer!" award

it's very prestigious

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I mean it is Rockstar so chances are greater than 75% they will fuck it up.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

This is the Red Dead team in San Diego though, so let's move that down to 25%

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular

I'll accept that.

No ladies though is a bummer.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping at least one of them is a lady with a bandana over her face and you just can't tell with the silhouette, but I doubt it. It looks like 7 dudes with goatees or beards.

Hold out hope for 2nd or 5th from left that are further back.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    I played RDR online a bunch, and pretty much exclusively as the black saloon gal. Which, boy, that was sure was a good way to hear the absolute worst shit XBox Live has to offer.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Fucking cougars.

This is one thing I really liked about the first game (yes I know you don't have to tell me you know what I mean)

Marston was loyal to his wife and they did not let you fuck that up for him

poor bonnie though :sad:

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    I'm hoping at least one of them is a lady with a bandana over her face and you just can't tell with the silhouette, but I doubt it. It looks like 7 dudes with goatees or beards.

Nah. If you click the image and see it bigger they are all clearly guys with facial hair.

• Options

Nah. If you click the image and see it bigger they are all clearly guys with facial hair.

in what year were false mustaches invented

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options

The year this game is set, and you play as the inventor

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

The year this game is set, and you play as the inventor

my greatest creation.... but I only have enough raw materials to create 7

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    I ZimbraI Zimbra Worst song, played on ugliest guitar Registered User regular

I'll accept that.

No ladies though is a bummer.

I would also like to see a female protagonist, but I also have no faith in Rockstar to write one not-terribly.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    There were only five members of Dutch's gang named in the original Red Dead Redemption, including Marston and his wife; seven silhouettes and none of them female would seem to indicate this isn't a prequel (and a sequel seems super unlikely).

2nd from the left could be female I think. I doubt it, but we'll see.

Give me a big girl tho, not some sexy waif with guns. Give me someone as rugged as the guys are.

give me Eileen brennen

• Options
    if the silhouettes were revealed all at once to be ladies wearing oversized mens' dusters and false mustaches I would shit my pants so hard I would fly into low earth orbit

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    The story of the game will be all about the invention of fake mustaches.

Fighting Indians named Red Cloud, Red Dust and Red Red Redder to get enough raw materials to get your new fake mustache company off the ground.

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Give me my gat dang Mary Fields analogue and let me ruin some dudes.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Veldrin wrote: »
    Give me my gat dang Mary Fields analogue and let me ruin some dudes.

oh FUCK yes

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    The only parts I remember being rough in RDR were a few thing around the beginning with cowboy stuff like clearing animals out of the fields and actually moving the herd and catching a wild horse.

Good to hear. The mission herding cows in a lightning storm was a fucking trial.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Diarmuid wrote: »

Please let me spear a cougar into the dirt, Rockstar.

Cause fuck cougars.

This discussion has been closed.