As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Press B to tip your hat to [Red Dead Redemption II]

• Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Knob wrote: »
    If you're far from your horse or a stable, you can callout to passing travelers, then push dpad up to ask them for a ride to the nearest town.

Ok, this rules, but also DAMN IT

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I have acquired massive bounties everywhere. Is there an easy way to get rid of them and not be randomly murdered every few minutes, because I have frankly no idea how to grind $300+ for every territory.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    Turn yourself in, serve some jail time.

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    I have acquired massive bounties everywhere. Is there an easy way to get rid of them and not be randomly murdered every few minutes, because I have frankly no idea how to grind $300+ for every territory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1c_I841J6_M

broken image link
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    There’s a pretty nice manual in the companion app, but it doesn’t have a lot of that fancy advanced stuff
    Also they never tell you about the companion app

And the version on the Google store somehow isn't compatible with my phone. My phone isn't even that old!

• Options
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    I sat down at 12:30 to knock out a few tasks for the camp, and OMG, its after 6am!

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    There’s a pretty nice manual in the companion app, but it doesn’t have a lot of that fancy advanced stuff
    Also they never tell you about the companion app

And the version on the Google store somehow isn't compatible with my phone. My phone isn't even that old!

My phone is a few years old, so I wasn't shocked it wasn't supported - I was just glad it said my tablet was since I would prefer to use that for the map and stuff anyway.

Shame it instantly crashes when I try and open it though.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    I told you nerds about that days ago, you really need to pay way more attention to all the charming and interesting and witty things I say.

Other shit you should know:

Tapping dpad up calls your horse to your position. Tapping it multiple times will make the horse come faster. Holding it does a long whistle which calls your horse and autmatically sets it to 'follow' stance.

Holding left or right chooses the side you dismount horses from.

Going into deadeye automatically reloads your weapon.

Triangle steals horses and vehicles, but if you just tap it and hold the direction away from the horse, you can yank someone down without mounting the thing.

If you're far from your horse or a stable, you can callout to passing travelers, then push dpad up to ask them for a ride to the nearest town.

Instead of dying or racking up bounties on minor crimes like bumping into someone too hard, just stop, apologise to the person and if they run off to tell the law, wait for the cops and apologise to them. Most of the time they'll either wave it off or just ask you to leave the area. You can come back in like 30 seconds, no big deal.

If you tap x in the rhythm of your horse's stride, it doesnt drain stamina.

Can we get everyone's little tips together?

I found out you can jump through some windows with the jump/climb button. It won't give you a prompt or anything but you can just do it. Maybe everyone knew that.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    I told you nerds about that days ago, you really need to pay way more attention to all the charming and interesting and witty things I say.

Other shit you should know:

Tapping dpad up calls your horse to your position. Tapping it multiple times will make the horse come faster. Holding it does a long whistle which calls your horse and autmatically sets it to 'follow' stance.

Holding left or right chooses the side you dismount horses from.

Going into deadeye automatically reloads your weapon.

Triangle steals horses and vehicles, but if you just tap it and hold the direction away from the horse, you can yank someone down without mounting the thing.

Instead of dying or racking up bounties on minor crimes like bumping into someone too hard, just stop, apologise to the person and if they run off to tell the law, wait for the cops and apologise to them. Most of the time they'll either wave it off or just ask you to leave the area. You can come back in like 30 seconds, no big deal.

If you tap x in the rhythm of your horse's stride, it doesnt drain stamina.

Can we get everyone's little tips together?

Whoa hold on a minute now, this is a 13+ forum! If you wanna do lewd shit you've got to take it to PMs, and it'd be a good idea to verify ages first...

• Options
    Funny story

I really want the sheepskin trapper's cloak and the sheepskin vest from the trapper

I can't find any wild sheep, and the bighorn ram/sheep are apparently not the right animal, maybe I'm mistaken

So I went to the farm with the fence person in the stable east of Valentine, thinking maybe I could find a stray and harvest some mutton

Couldn't find one, hopped in the one pen, shot a sheep

Instantly reported as a crime, scarcely a minute later bounty hunters show up and ventilate poor Arthur with shotguns

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    If you're on your horse and click the left thumbstick on the XB1, Arthur will pat his horse or say some calming words to it.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    If you're on your horse and click the left thumbstick on the XB1, Arthur will pat his horse or say some calming words to it.

Thats also an easy way to cheese bonding.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Funny story

I really want the sheepskin trapper's cloak and the sheepskin vest from the trapper

I can't find any wild sheep, and the bighorn ram/sheep are apparently not the right animal, maybe I'm mistaken

So I went to the farm with the fence person in the stable east of Valentine, thinking maybe I could find a stray and harvest some mutton

Couldn't find one, hopped in the one pen, shot a sheep

Instantly reported as a crime, scarcely a minute later bounty hunters show up and ventilate poor Arthur with shotguns

I've found stray three-star sheep wandering around Emerald Ranch. There were a couple of dudes with guns on horseback watching them nearby, but some of the sheep were out of their sight range.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    I kicked a sheep in the head and the shepherd immediately starting blasting me with a repeater, I fled into Valentine and he pursued me firing wildly, panicked persons and horses scattering, the law had no opinion regarding any of this

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    I did a bad thing last night

I needed a cowhide for a camp upgrade

So I did a rustling mission with Uncle, and when we got all of the cows to their destination, I picked the last one and shot it

I feel like a piece of shit!

• Options
    FlarneFlarne Registered User regular
    I did a bad thing last night

I needed a cowhide for a camp upgrade

So I did a rustling mission with Uncle, and when we got all of the cows to their destination, I picked the last one and shot it

I feel like a piece of shit!

I did the exact same thing! Except I waited until after I sold the cows and then shot one.

• Options
    All those cows will be shot in the head, all those cows were born to die, that cow should be so lucky as to be shot in the head

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    I don't shoot cows in the head, I rope them and then knife'em its saner that way

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Now I feel less bad because you're all more monstrous than me

Thanks, folks!

• Options
    I didn't make the world, I didn't domesticate cattle, I didn't condemn these fellow mammals to a life of fattening and slaughter, I didn't do any of it it's not my fault

• Options
    Now I feel less bad because you're all more monstrous than me

Thanks, folks!

I ain't a rancher I'm a survivalist and that cow has hide I need.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Being rustled presents no new offence to the cow only to the rancher, who loses the revenue of the cows demise, the life and liberty of the cow having been forfeit from conception

• Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    One of those gunslingers had some pigs. I felt kinda bad but they were all 3 stars...

• Options
    What can the crops hope for if not the care of the reaper man? What can the lamb hope for if not the gentle caress before the slaughtering knife?

• Options
    Goddamn, @Hobnail

The next Cormac McCarthy?

• Options
    I ripped off at least one of those lines whole cloth so I am the next uh Dean Koontz I guess, money please

• Options
    The end of chapter 4 did not go anywhere I expected it to go.

You surprised the hell out of me, game. Good job.

• Options
    One of those gunslingers had some pigs. I felt kinda bad but they were all 3 stars...

Dead men need no pigs.

• Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    The end of chapter 4 did not go anywhere I expected it to go.

You surprised the hell out of me, game. Good job.

Yeah I didn’t see it coming either.

• Options
    Game has also done an extremely thorough job of making be feel like a complete shit for putting a bullet in Javier in rdr1

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Dead men need no pigs.

Conversely, pigs very much appreciate the services of dead men.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    Beginning of chapter V
    God damn, I lost like every single asshole I can count on in short order.

Things go tits up, and I'm thinking 'well, at least all of the boys are here. Its not just me babysitting Dutch, Bill and Micah's dumb asses.'

Then there goes Hosea. And there goes Jack. And there goes Lenny. And there goes Charles.

And then there goes Javier.

And now I'm stuck on a goddamn island that wants me dead with limited supplies and my only support is...Dutch, Bill, and Micah.

• Options
    Capt Howdy wrote: »

Dead men need no pigs.

Conversely, pigs very much appreciate the services of dead men.

And now I fear I lost out on positive karma points by not feeding the pigs.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    So I'm in Epilogue, my thoughts on the game.

*The game railroading certain weapons was annoying. In that final Arthur mission I literally only had pistols and had to fire long distances.
    *The Micah fist fight was shit, there was no clear answer to what i was meant to be doing. Just surviving? Get him over the cliff? Nada, it just kept going.
    *It's an OK end for Arthur as he got what he wanted, except we know ultimately he didn't, and I don't need to keep playing these games so my character can die at the end. Send him off to be a rancher with Mary or Sadie.
    *Micah was apparently only turned after Cuba, so why the conspiracy about why the Blackwater job went bad?
    *I didn't like that you don't get any input on the heists like in GTA V, and we don't get to rob the bank in Rhodes.
    *Money became meaningless after the Valentine job, there was never a time where I was short of money even for bounties so a lot of systems like fences and looting became unnecessary.
    *Conversely, you can spend all that money on camp upgrades and it all disappears by the end anyway.

It's too interested in telling it's story to really acknowledge your gameplay, like GTA IV, and pretty much eveyrthing ends shitty except for the Charlotte side mission which I liked and was a nice change of pace. It removes a lot of your agency at it's own benefit and if the game wasn't 200 hours long that wouldn't be a big deal.

I never found John all that interesting so playing as him again isn't a bonus either.

I did like how it portrayed Dutch being driven insane by his obsession with getting money to get this life he wants but can never attain.

But it is far too long. I'd forgotten most of the camp by the end because walking around the camp is so slow.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Game has also done an extremely thorough job of making be feel like a complete shit for putting a bullet in Javier in rdr1

I don't think there's a throughline between the two characters to be honest, but Javier doesn't get much screen time in the first one.

• Options
    Javier and also Dutch in RDR1 very much feel like the ragged used up dogends of the characters we see in RDR2

Bill Williamson is unchanged as an eternal turd

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Tube wrote: »

I don't think there's a throughline between the two characters to be honest, but Javier doesn't get much screen time in the first one.

Yeah he is literally just a name after you chase bill, and then he shows up after you're so sick of mexico and I don't fault anyone who shot him, though I never did. YOU FUCKERS!

My question is for those who completed the epilogue...

Did you hang Micah's friend? I did. I figured it made more sense for John who was a more vengeful dude to just complete that hanging. If it had been arthur I probably wouldn't have.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Hobnail wrote: »
    Javier and also Dutch in RDR1 very much feel like the ragged used up dogends of the characters we see in RDR2

Bill Williamson is unchanged as an eternal turd

At least Bill is a jack ass I have no problem with what happens to in RDR.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Preacher wrote: »
    Tube wrote: »

Yeah he is literally just a name after you chase bill, and then he shows up after you're so sick of mexico and I don't fault anyone who shot him, though I never did. YOU FUCKERS!

My question is for those who completed the epilogue...

Did you hang Micah's friend? I did. I figured it made more sense for John who was a more vengeful dude to just complete that hanging. If it had been arthur I probably wouldn't have.
    No, that's not how I played John in the original either. I figure he would still be considering whether it was what Arthur would have wanted.

Sadie shoots him either way.

This discussion has been closed.