As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Can't import photos to computer after iOS update.

BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
Well I f*cked up and accidentally updated my iPhone 5s to the latest iOS version. Well, now I got a slow ass phone.

Anyways, I tried to import some photos to my computer after the update but my computer doesn't recognize the iPhone. What gives? Google search didn't help. Computer is running Windows 7.

Thanks.

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    This worked for me in Windows 10 multiple times, and it has a solution for Windows 7 and 8 as well.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204095

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    same thing happened here

which is when I found out I can upgrade so I got an S7

the last few ios updates were not kind to the 5s/5c

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    You could use cloud storage to get those photos off instead. Google Drive, Dropbox, and iCloud all have a small amount of free storage, with cheap plans beyond (I think iCloud is $1/month for 50GB). At least then you can easily get everything off without mucking with computer settings.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    Thank you all, I'll give it a try. I haven't been home this weekend so I'll check it during the week.

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

• Options
    NitsuaNitsua Gloucester, VARegistered User regular
    If you are still looking for help, it is a good idea to get the latest iTunes version that you can (it's at 12.5.3 right now) since the iTunes installer includes the driver. If you've done that already, fully uninstall all Apple programs and reinstall the iTunes suite, it may not have installed properly. Let the computer restart (without the phone plugged in), open iTunes, and plug in the phone. Windows should install the needed driver. If that still doesn't work, contact AppleCare through chat or over the phone. All tech support worldwide (for chat at least) is completely free, so we can walk you through getting the computer to allow you to import your photos again. This is something we see often.

Also, if you ever updated to older iOS versions through your computer, you may still have the ipsw file available. This isn't officially supported, but you can use iTunes to downgrade your phone back to the older version your phone ran better with. If you have a back up from the older iOS version, that would help, but make sure to backup somehow before trying any change like this. Also, unless you explicitly trust the source, don't search out and use ipsw files found online since they may be compromised. To do the downgrade, connect your phone to your computer with iTunes open, click on the iPhone icon in iTunes to get to the phone section, and hold the Shift key and click Restore iPhone. It will bring up a file select window to choose the ipsw you wish to use.

I hope this helps!