As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Good Place] Like a Wave Returning to the Ocean

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Some technical aspects of this episode were distractingly bad. Some really badly dubbed lines, especially one of Simone's in the lake house.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Yeah, the desert shots seemed extremely greenscreened. But I guess they were saving all the money to use on those DemonCon production values.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    I love that Derek has evolved from having martini glasses filled with nonsense to champagne glasses filled with nonsense

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    My favorite dialogue was Janet giving Jason good news, letting him get overexcited, and immediately quashing it, in the final seconds.

But my favorite moment of the episode, and second only to "Chidi and the book" over the season, was Derek's suicide evolution.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Just got caught up on the last two episodes.

I liked them both. But they felt a lot more grounded and low-key than I was expecting. Both feel like they're just breathers for the next big thing.

More Vicky is good to see.
    Employee of the Bearimy spoilers:
    Shame she got goo'd.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    My favourite moment of the episode: “Not a girl.”

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Anyone notice Good and Bad Janet aren't acting super drunk around the magnets anymore? Its more like they're annoyed

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    Here’s my prediction for the end of the show:
    Gen admits the bad place is cheating, people can improve, but the world is a super complicated place. Just because people CAN improve doesn’t mean they always do/will. Team Cockroach gets permission to figure out a way to hint to living people on earth that they need to get their shit together and behave better. The. If humans DO get the nudge and improve they also set a new baseline to get into the good place which is basically “they have an honest effort, the world is just complicated.” They decide to make a TV show that hints at the truth and encourages people to be better while hiding the information behind a veneer of “its just fiction!” The final scene is Michael and Eleanor on the set of their TV show that looks like the opening scene of the our show and Michael saying “Welcome to The Good Space”. Because they can’t use the same name since that would be too close to the truth.

DM me to get an address for forwarding my royalties checks.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    My prediction for the finale:
    MINSHEW! *Molotovs*

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    MINSHEW! *Molotovs*

That would be some bad ADR, because they finished filming in the summer.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    Prediction:
    The Bad Place becomes the new "good place". Utilizing Michael's idea for a bad place to become a place for humans to rehabilitate before they can actually get to the real Good Place. Basically, the Bad Place as a torture method becomes obsolete, and instead it's more of a Purgatory.

My guess, based on Michael's plea to the demons, is that they used to all believe that what they were doing was Just. And that over time, and as the system failed, they became more obsessed with torturing humans, instead of the "why" of what they were doing.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Anyone notice Good and Bad Janet aren't acting super drunk around the magnets anymore? Its more like they're annoyed

Good Janet definitely was still acting drunk while cuffed when she was brought out at DemonCon.

• Options
    MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    MINSHEW! *Molotovs*

That would be some bad ADR, because they finished filming in the summer.

The ending of the episode happened after 9/8. There's still a possibility!

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
  • Options
    CelestialBadgerCelestialBadger Registered User regular
    My prediction for the end of the show
    Michael's admission that his true form was an enormous disgusting monster has got to be relevant at some point!

• Options
    ImthebOHGODBEESImthebOHGODBEES Registered User regular
    Michael's admission that his true form was an enormous disgusting monster has got to be relevant at some point!

Entirely possible but it will be an offscreen gag. Like everyone’s eyes tracking the action that we don’t see.

Do you, in fact, have any builds in this shop at all?
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Entirely possible but it will be an offscreen gag. Like everyone’s eyes tracking the action that we don’t see.

I’d love it if it broke the profanity filter of the Good Place, and we got a single actual “Holy shit” from Eleanor.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    My prediction for the ending:
    Eleanor, Chidi, Tahani, and Jason win.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    The twist will be that Jason was God all along.

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Jason IS a perfect anagram for God after all, as long as you change all the letters.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    another reminder that jason looks really good in a suit anything

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular

He makes the robe look good

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    My prediction for the finale
    The whole thing has been an elaborate test/evolution. And rage ensues

My favorite part of the last ep
    Chidi's excited noise for each part of the "puzzle"

edit
    Also this is the new QB for the Jags
    minshew_1568829115305.jfif_16382147_ver1.0_640_360.jpg
    So it would be a true shame if that doesn't make it on to the show

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »

He makes the robe look good

The joke about them going overboard on the cheekbones was great.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Hmmm I am going to make a rare prediction
    John will gossip to Brent about Jason, causing him to realize that if the good place could make one mistake, it could make two. That will be the thing that finally breaks through to him.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    This episode felt weirdly inconsequential, although maybe it'll have payoff later on?

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    This episode felt weirdly inconsequential, although maybe it'll have payoff later on?
    Either
    Bad Janet will try to/actually become Less-Bad Janet, or The Book (all hail the book~!) will start changing things in the Bad Place.

Probably.
    Or maybe the book will just be used as a new kind of penis flattener.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Burnage wrote: »
    Either
    Bad Janet will try to/actually become Less-Bad Janet, or The Book (all hail the book~!) will start changing things in the Bad Place.

Probably.
    Or maybe the book will just be used as a new kind of penis flattener.

Between
    Glenn, Michael's speech at Torturecon, Bad Janet and the book they've definitely set the stage for some kind of revolution in the Bad Place.

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    The podcast episode for this week features Ben Koldyke, and it's weirdly jarring to hear him be so very not Brent for an hour.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Anyone else notice they could swear? At first I thought I was fooled by Simone's accent and she didn't actually say "shit," but then Brent called one of them a bitch at the book signing. Or am I mishearing?

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    He called her a bench, you misheard.

• Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    Dammit. Thought I was picking up on something.

• Options
    chromdom wrote: »
    Anyone else notice they could swear? At first I thought I was fooled by Simone's accent and she didn't actually say "shit," but then Brent called one of them a bitch at the book signing. Or am I mishearing?

Eleanor bypassed the filter and said Eff that though that could just have been for dramatic effect

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    I think Brent said "damn" at the golf course? Though admittedly I only noticed because I had already seen chromdom's post so I was primed to hear actual swears.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i wonder if it was because janet is still juggling too much. that's what really is the swear preventer right?

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Pailryder wrote: »
    i wonder if it was because janet is still juggling too much. that's what really is the swear preventer right?

"Umm..... Yes, absolutely. That's the reason." - Script Editor who let those words make it into the final draft.

• Options
    Pailryder wrote: »

Michael turned off the assists so presumably the filter was included

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    This episode felt completely unnecessary and maybe even boring.

This makes me feel that there were like a hundred things I missed which will be integral to the end of the series.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    This episode felt completely unnecessary and maybe even boring.

This makes me feel that there were like a hundred things I missed which will be integral to the end of the series.

I feel like this episode sets up two potentially important things.
    First one being the Book of Humans and the concept of being a little better today than you were yesterday. Because it shows that incremental change is possible as long as you truly want to be better.

Secondly I think they are setting up Brent to be terrible, but still the members of team cockroach wouldn’t want him to be tortured forever in the Bad Place. Examining the notion of whether or not it’s just to sentence someone to infinite punishment for a finite crime.

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    i think for most casual viewers it may be harder to see the "progress" the team is making so this was a good "middle" episode to remind them that yeah, people are improving, but also there were a few "statements" that needed to be made.