As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

After[chat] With Archie

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Ahhh I almost forgot that I like warcraft 3.

I wonder how long it will take me before I hit a wall this time. I am REALLY bad at RTS games.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Been playing a puzzle game called shenzen i/o. You work for a Chinese electronics company and make circuits to do things with microcontrollers with the goal of doing as cheaply as possible and using as little power as possible. Finding it p fun. One annoyance is board size of the logic gates being so big, has hampered a lot of my cleverer ideas.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Doggos to enchant your evening.

m4qk4r7n200h.jpg

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    hmm can't even do a large map on medium settings apparently

guess i'll try low

is it worth it at that point though i mean come on

need that map size cheevo though so i guess just one game on pleb settings

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    or something else is suddenly going wrong i guess that's possible

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Left doggo is all please no stop I am afeared

Right doggo is all hello I have something on my nose and it's driving me crazy

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    unicorn-spew-hoodie1_78aec365-0287-40ae-9602-e93507d86f06_1024x1024.jpeg

so, the theme for the Austin Regional Burning Man event this year is Rainbows vs Unicorns: The Reckoning.

i am tempted to purchase this, even though the event will be in June and way too hot to wear it.

it costs $70.

Do you know a Luc in Austin?

redx

@TL DR i don't think so.

K

Bae went to visit him recently and I'm like "pfft, how many burners can there be in Austin?"

I think there were close to 300 that showed up for the lets decide the theme town hall deal. and there is the whole people using burner names and me being not sober when i meet people.

You're talking about Flipside, or Myschevia?

Flipside.
    Myschevia is more north texas. Like they are organized out of... Houston i think.

Neat!

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    b-booty shorts zyra

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    b-booty shorts zyra

I do resent that I missed out on Overwatch because now I can't really understand the underlying character dynamics at play in all this Overwatch hentai

edit: Oh wait Zyra is a LoL champ, fuck

Well I'm missing out on LoL hentai too

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    b-booty shorts zyra

I do resent that I missed out on Overwatch because now I can't really understand the underlying character dynamics at play in all this Overwatch hentai

zyra is from league?

• Options
    no that's understandable, her name is zarya I just can't keep all these ladies straight nawmean

• Options
    no that's understandable, her name is zarya I just can't keep all these ladies straight nawmean

Wow now that I'm thinking about Zyra she has a certain power that you crave: the power of long-distance organic shots

I apologize in advance for the crassness of this post

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular

That's fine though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I was like,

"oh, I could see a zyra booty shorts skin"

"wait, did he mean Zarya?"

*furiously googles*

"no, damn. he meant zyra"

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    b-booty shorts zyra

Eddy what are you talking about Jesus get a grip

• Options
    edited October 2016
    So It Goes wrote: »
    b-booty shorts zyra

Eddy what are you talking about Jesus get a grip

I was originally going to put "memes" but decided "hentai" would be more funny (or possibly, more fitting; I'll keep the nation in suspense) and then it just trainwrecked from there

Eddy on
  • Options
    ok i may just not be able to play on a large map at all

balls

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i can't believe i was married to you, eddy

smdh

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Oh also you gotta read your emails or else you miss out on stuff like mc instructions that aren't in the English translation of the datasheets. (game comes with huge pdf of all the component datasheets.)

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    BeNarwhalBeNarwhal The Work Left Unfinished Registered User regular
    I heard we were hate-fucking in here

• Options
    redxredx I(x)=2(x)+1 whole numbersRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    ok i may just not be able to play on a large map at all

balls

You could rent some time on one of them fancy amazon cloud boxes with lots of GPU.

It's only a few dollars an hour, I think.

They moistly come out at night, moistly.
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Got a repayment plan banged out for my student loans, will be $208 a month for all of them with the option to up the payment when I make more monies.

I start work Wednesday.

I found an apartment 20 minutes from here that's perfect. No openings until January, but I need that time anyway.

It's happening!

• Options
    what job did you end up with

• Options
    edited October 2016
    Organichu wrote: »
    what job did you end up with

Networking systems for banks.

Apparently my military service "drew concern" for the 911 dispatcher job because obviously all military folk are just wound up tight and ready to snap due to PTSD.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    I didn't eat today, and have been essentially fasting since I came down with plague. I wanna eaaaat. But I'm not hungry and when I'm actually confronted with food my body screams no.

When I recover I'm going to goddamn grubhub some fried-cheese-wrapped-fried-cheese

• Options
    As an aside, about half the jobs I had interviews for said the military service was a net negative due to the stigma of mental illness.

At least, half of the ones that gave me the reasons for not being selected.

• Options
    As an aside, about half the jobs I had interviews for said the military service was a net negative due to the stigma of mental illness.

Why would they tell you that, wow

• Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular

If nothing else it seems like a legal liability! I thought veterans were protected?

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

God damn it.

I wish I knew who exactly to point you to at DoD or VA. But that is a separate department from me. :(

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    oh cool apparently lots of people are having an issue with the game working fine for dozens of hours and then suddenly hanging when loading a new game

cool cool cool

• Options
    I thought veteran status was a protected class

• Options
    MrMister wrote: »
    I didn't eat today, and have been essentially fasting since I came down with plague. I wanna eaaaat. But I'm not hungry and when I'm actually confronted with food my body screams no.

When I recover I'm going to goddamn grubhub some fried-cheese-wrapped-fried-cheese

Sometimes you gotta force the food down. It helps with the sick thing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MrMister wrote: »

If nothing else it seems like a legal liability! I thought veterans were protected?

Yeah sorry let me be explicit - that be illegal

• Options

As far as I can tell they don't discriminate purely on veteran status, and instead trot out things like "possible mental illness" and "could cause unsafe or hostile work conditions".

At-will employment is garbage.

• Options

They didn't say it directly.

They said my "past work history" was "concerning" and could possibly "cause a hostile work environment". Nowhere did they mention because I was a vet that I would go crazy, but reading between the lines was pretty easy.

• Options
    it's cool you got what sounds like a non-minimum-wage job tho

speaking of i just sealed my ballot. dat yes on minimum wage hike vote. 12 bucks an hour in a few years!?

*tears down the world brick by brick*

• Options
    Arrow new season, episode 1:
    Do we have a running tracker of Ollie's kill count? That was at least 10 people in that one scene.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited October 2016

As far as I can tell they don't discriminate purely on veteran status, and instead trot out things like "possible mental illness" and "could cause unsafe or hostile work conditions".

A good lawyer could still nail them, and I wish I could recommend DoD or VA connections, but I dunno how effective that would be.

I mean obviously you have a job you are excited to start so don't think I'm saying you should be getting righteous and hiring legal counsel. Just fricking upsetting. Literally every person someone could hire could possibly have a mental illness, sheesh.

So It Goes on
  • Options

They didn't say it directly.

They said my "past work history" was "concerning" and could possibly "cause a hostile work environment". Nowhere did they mention because I was a vet that I would go crazy, but reading between the lines was pretty easy.

ew

• Options

A good lawyer could still nail them, and I wish I could recommend DoD or VA connections, but I dunno how effective that would be.

I mean obviously you have a job you are excited to start so don't think I'm saying you should be getting righteous and hiring legal counsel. Just fricking upsetting. Literally every person someone could hire could possibly have a mental illness, sheesh.

Yeah, kinda makes a guy feel like shit. It's funny because one of the interviewers had a fucking yellow ribbon magnet on their car.

This discussion has been closed.