As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] 2016 Season Summed Up in a Single Photograph

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    If the Odin-murder guilty verdict gets overturned (currently under appeal), he walks entirely. Jesus christ

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    In less maddening news, Lynch signs with Oak Vegas.

• Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    IM ALL ABOUT THAT OAKLAND, BOSS

goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    Holy shit, the jury found Hernandez not guilty in the 2012 double murder

iirc the killings were part of a drive by shooting that took place quite a while before the murder he was convicted of. I don't know that they had any actual evidence linking him to the murders besides the testimony of one guy.

Him getting off isn't real surprising.

• Options
    More Eli stuff

Christie called him out as a liar who got caught. Giants defending him against the criticism

ESPN talked more about stuff
    ESPN wrote:
    Eli Manning turned over a potentially incriminating email earlier this month in connection with a lawsuit that claims the quarterback, the New York Giants and a team equipment manager knowingly provided false game-worn memorabilia to collectors.

The email was included in a court filing in Bergen County (N.J.) Superior Court by the plaintiffs -- collectors Eric Inselberg, Michael Jakab and Sean Godown -- who first filed suit three years ago.

On April 27, 2010, Manning sent an email to Giants head equipment manager Joe Skiba asking for "two helmets that can pass as game used." The email was initiated after Manning was sent a note by Alan Zucker, his marketing agent throughout his career, to come up with some equipment to satisfy his obligation to provide such materials to sports memorabilia company Steiner Sports.

The plaintiffs' lawyer, Brian Brook of Clinton, Brook & Peed, told ESPN that the email, included among roughly 200 pages of documents Manning produced as part of legal discovery, was key to specifically linking the quarterback to the lawsuit, which alleges an elaborate scheme to produce, pass off and sell memorabilia as game-used that was not.

I'm only mentioning it here because Eli can't even accidentally be part of an exciting scandal. Like, that's impressively consistent a character trait

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Well really like my father who had a bunch of 70's and far earlier baseball stuff would say game used it's harder to tell when it becomes history and history is where the money is

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Damn...

Todd Heap accidentally killed his three year old daughter while moving his truck apparently.

That's just the most awful news.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    If the Odin-murder guilty verdict gets overturned (currently under appeal), he walks entirely. Jesus christ

The evidence in the Odin case is much stronger I believe. There's motive, proven evidence destruction attempts, a direct link of the vehicle to him, and from what I remember a mountain of circumstantial evidence proving he was at the scene of the crime when it was committed.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I couldn't find any evidence that the Odin case is under appeal.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
    Yeah it's the other drive by he 100% did but the evidence is mostly circumstantial.

Aaron Hernandez is still gonna serve life for Odin Lloyd. The other trial is for closure+another fuck you you dumb, murdering piece of shit.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Circumstantial evidence isn't by definition weak. In fact it is inherently more reliable than direct testimony as people's memories can be hazy and change over time. It just appears in general that the case here was noticeably weaker than the Lloyd case.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    ArdolArdol Registered User regular
    admanb wrote: »
    I couldn't find any evidence that the Odin case is under appeal.

Life sentences here in Massachusetts are automatically reviewed by the state supreme court.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    10 days left to the draft.

10 days left of avoiding any sort of sports outlet because it's nothing but "xxx's mock draft with a SURPRISING #1 pick"

yeah it's surprising because it's dumb

• Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Mock drafts are a toxic wasteland, much like the american political landscape or the home i shared with MY EX WIFE

• Options
    The New York Jets select...

BOOOOOOOO

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »

BOOOOOOOO

Taking a literal ghost to play football would have been a far better decision than ever drafting Hackenberg

• Options
    I have to admit there is some reason with throwing someone bad out there at #1 because it is the browns and they will probably fuck it up

• Options
  • Options
    Maximum wrote: »

BOOOOOOOO

Taking a literal ghost to play football would have been a far better decision than ever drafting Hackenberg

I dunno. If they drafted Ghost Dad, that would have been...problematic.

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just read that.

Holy shit.

• Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    my tinfoil hat right now

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Xehalus wrote: »
    my tinfoil hat right now

Maybe don't

• Options
    Dude's a convicted murderer who hung himself in prison.

Give the whole thing as much respect as you feel he gave to Odin Lloyd.

• Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    So much for that appeal, huh

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options

Okay, bailing on Trump at the absolute last possible second is so goddamn hilarious I might actually like Brady now

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    That's okay, Trump's good friend BB will be there.

• Options
    statlerstatler Registered User regular
    In wake of suicide, Hernandez conviction will be voided
    In the eyes of the state of Massachusetts, former New England Patriots star Aaron Hernandez died an innocent man, thanks to an archaic legal principle called “abatement ab initio,” said Martin W. Healy, chief legal counsel to the Massachusetts Bar Association.

qy85xdkddou7.png
  • Options
    That's dumb but he's dead so it really doesn't mean a whole lot.

Sucks for the family of Odin Lloyd though.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    That's dumb but he's dead so it really doesn't mean a whole lot.

Sucks for the family of Odin Lloyd though.

Depends how they feel on Aaron not being around to enjoy it.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    They've already settled the civil suit too so him being innocent on paper doesn't impact any business they would have with the estate.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    The timing here is going to fuel the conspiracy nuts.

But it is weird he offed himself before the appeal process was done.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Options
    It's weirder he did it immediately after being acquitted in the other trial but maybe he was on suicide watch or at least had less opportunity when still on trial. Didn't he try once before or am I thinking of someone else?

• Options
    edited April 2017
    The timing is really strange.

I'm not informed on suicide too much but how often is there no note?

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2017
  • Options
    Prison suicide is a real problem and everyone brushes it off because of the stigma toward criminals. It's gross.

• Options
  • Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Prison suicide is a real problem and everyone brushes it off because of the stigma toward criminals. It's gross.

I mean, to be fair the whole prison system is a problem and everyone just brushes it off because of the stigma toward criminals.

• Options
    gronk going specifically to clown on people is acceptable

This discussion has been closed.