Options

David [Chat] Pumpkins

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    em it is very mean to make fun of someone's laugh don't be a monster!

this is such a weird trigger point for you

i have exactly the laugh i described so i have no compunctions

*chu lowers geisha fan hopefully*

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular

it is so personal and instinctive! it is a moment of joy and ultimately, vulnerability

how is it odd or weird that someone would be sensitive to their laugh being mocked

you just react strongly to any mockery of laughter and it's unusual

as i said, i have never even heard ppups laugh, so i am just fabricating accusations to hurl at him in the absence of genuine openings

with enough abuse he will reveal a weakness and i will gouge him

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    fifa is going to take 15 hours to download

this digital future is great

man 15 hours

think of all the gameplay time you are losing

that's like 3 goals

maybe if you're @y2jake215 but i'm actually good so nah

@tav

this beautiful, above .500 fifa 16 record of 144 wins and 100 losses

look at this lame american stat usage to go with the lame american fifa leagues

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    you're unusual

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    soccer is dumb

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    My laugh used to be a running joke in my family

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    wasn't there a famous incident of DK making fun of chu's laugh because DK is a monster

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    wasn't there a famous incident of DK making fun of chu's laugh because DK is a monster

There is now. Because DK is a monster who transcends reality.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    you're unusual
    who's being monstrous now

• Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    of all the stupid vidcon romances I have done, I can't think of a single one that was improved by having sex be the capstone reward for going through it.

This is part of the evolution in the ME series. At least with Liara, it totally is the capstone in 1, in 2 it's there but it's murkier and weird, and in 3 I think you have sex a couple of times throughout it, and the real reward is the several minute conversation before the second time about living lives together/the bittersweet goodbye she gives you on Earth.

I don't think the way romance was handled in subsequent ME games really changes. The dialogue became more nuanced/deconstructive, but it was still Choose Partner A->Conversation Puzzle->Fuck
    That is every Bioware romance since Baldur's Gate. Sometimes the conversation puzzle has traps like 'fuck too early' but it's still the same path with the same I-won-the-sex-sidequest handling.
    I agree that Liara's character became better (for lack of a better word) but you still choose Liara, navigate Liara's Conversation Puzzle, and Fuck.
    I find it tired and insulting.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a
    you're unusual

got em

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

it is so personal and instinctive! it is a moment of joy and ultimately, vulnerability

how is it odd or weird that someone would be sensitive to their laugh being mocked

you just react strongly to any mockery of laughter and it's unusual

as i said, i have never even heard ppups laugh, so i am just fabricating accusations to hurl at him in the absence of genuine openings

with enough abuse he will reveal a weakness and i will gouge him

Yeah Chu this is totally normal you are so weird

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    of all the stupid vidcon romances I have done, I can't think of a single one that was improved by having sex be the capstone reward for going through it.

This is part of the evolution in the ME series. At least with Liara, it totally is the capstone in 1, in 2 it's there but it's murkier and weird, and in 3 I think you have sex a couple of times throughout it, and the real reward is the several minute conversation before the second time about living lives together/the bittersweet goodbye she gives you on Earth.

I don't think the way romance was handled in subsequent ME games really changes. The dialogue became more nuanced/deconstructive, but it was still Choose Partner A->Conversation Puzzle->Fuck
    That is every Bioware romance since Baldur's Gate. Sometimes the conversation puzzle has traps like 'fuck too early' but it's still the same path with the same I-won-the-sex-sidequest handling.
    I agree that Liara's character became better (for lack of a better word) but you still choose Liara, navigate Liara's Conversation Puzzle, and Fuck.

That is the important part, though!

Neco on
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    oh man

did you know there is a "message requests" tab on your facebook messages

and there are filtered messages you can read

and sometimes it's a guy ranting at you about some comment you made on a news article once like three years ago

there's this whole world in here i didn't even know about

i've been ignoring all these people and i didn't even know
    I only have exactly one of these (I'm such a pussy people pleaser), and... well, I can't even.

p8zvq58of7pv.png

What the hell? I have no idea who this guy is. I tutored people in math, but he was not one of them.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    oh man

and sometimes it's a guy ranting at you about some comment you made on a news article once like three years ago

huh intriguing

it is all spam

*deletes facebook*

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

Oh snap I just got the sex riddle achievement!

• Options
    Neco wrote: »

Oh snap I just got the sex riddle achievement!

I had a highlight fail

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular

is that not how it normally works

*smokes a cigarette*

*gazes at paris streets with disgust and contempt*

• Options
    That is how you know I have retired from shitposting. The old me would have left it as it was and not edited it for clarity.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    But all video game decisions are ultimately either that, or procedurally generated things that are indistinguishable! Also that's how human brians works, you just have more ways to fuck it up and there are sometimes specific things that change the difficulty.

Buncha robots.

• Options
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

Chu once told me he hates his speaking voice because he thinks it sounds high and stupid and he wishes it was deeper and smoother and more masculine. So at one point we were on voice chat and I needed an insult because he had just won at something and was celebrating or whatever, and the ole brain was just like: oh there's this from a month ago and hands me a twisted rusty dagger with "ORGANICHU" engraved in the handle. And so I plunged it into his heart, as normal people do.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    "thanks for tutoring me the quadratic equation"

there is no response

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    The thing I hate is the sex as victory, which is definitely the case in earlier ME, but in later ones it's just part of stuff.

• Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    @Sir Landshark i am excited to kick more doors

• Options

Chu once told me he hates his speaking voice because he thinks it sounds high and stupid and he wishes it was deeper and smoother and more masculine. So at one point we were on voice chat and I needed an insult because he had just won at something and was celebrating or whatever, and the ole brain was just like: oh there's this from a month ago and hands me a twisted rusty dagger with "ORGANICHU" engraved in the handle. And so I plunged it into his heart, as normal people do.

https://youtu.be/JoDD6l2gvLc

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options

Thank god I'm a better preacher or I'd make a horrible offensive joke here.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    oh man

I only have exactly one of these (I'm such a pussy people pleaser), and... well, I can't even.

p8zvq58of7pv.png

What the hell? I have no idea who this guy is. I tutored people in math, but he was not one of them.

you don't even remember changing this guys life

• Options
    I'm only on Tinder for the cheevos

Oh that reminds me
    I should probably like...look at this person's profile since they went to the trouble of clicking "like" on mine...

• Options
    oh man

p8zvq58of7pv.png

When there was only one set of footprints in the sand... that was when I bailed because, shit, I hate long walks on the beach, muthafucker.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    DK you are a walking atrocity

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    The thing I hate is the sex as victory, which is definitely the case in earlier ME, but in later ones it's just part of stuff.

I didn't mind that aspect with Tali because it seemed just as much a victory for her. She wanted to do it and her culture / biology made it hard and there was waiting and drugs involved and the whole thing was just cute.

Also drunk Tali best Tali.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    oh man

p8zvq58of7pv.png

Totally bisoned him.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    "thanks for tutoring me the quadratic equation"

there is no response

The response should be "2+2=I love you"

• Options
    That was not a shitpost it doesn't count

• Options
    also what sort of situations is this chucklefuck getting into where he's used the quadratic equation multiple times

i want this person in my life very badly.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

But a sex scene is a good way to show that you've progressed to the next level of intimacy in many relationship models! Like not everyone does that and some people fuck first obviously, but it makes sense that that is how relationship progress can be shown? It's also for many people a clear line between 'we are flirting' and 'we are dating'.

I think one reason the Isabella relationship is good is because the way you know she actually cares is more about conversation and her life choices rather than her sleeping with you--although there's also that of course!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    I mean, he doesn't even say, like, "Hey, remember me from High School? I was in such-and-such class". He went straight for quadratic equations. Who does that?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Right also when you are fucking aliens it's really momentous because it shows that you have put in the effort to transcend your opposite chirality sperm issues or whatever...

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

I didn't mind that aspect with Tali because it seemed just as much a victory for her. She wanted to do it and her culture / biology made it hard and there was waiting and drugs involved and the whole thing was just cute.

Also drunk Tali best Tali.

IIRC you could only do that in the last game? By then the writing had improved immensely. But the phenomenon is definitely, as Mr. Ape says, at least in the older ME's. It's not about the character's personal victory, it's about the fact that you go through the cutesy intro relationship stuff, you eventually have a big crisis or whatever, and immediately before you head off to war or whatever, you fuck.

Then the romance stops, because you've won at romance! You had sex! There is nothing left congratulations. Also this is what it all built to.

That kind of thing is very skeevy, perhaps even more so with Liara because she emphasizes her virginity several times and so you have sex and then you've won and there is no exploration after that. Just "that's nice" and that's it. No exploration of how the partner feels from even that case, where they make a huge deal out of it being a big deal.

This discussion has been closed.