Options

David [Chat] Pumpkins

19293959798

Posts

  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    oh man

    did you know there is a "message requests" tab on your facebook messages

    and there are filtered messages you can read

    and sometimes it's a guy ranting at you about some comment you made on a news article once like three years ago

    there's this whole world in here i didn't even know about

    i've been ignoring all these people and i didn't even know
    I only have exactly one of these (I'm such a pussy people pleaser), and... well, I can't even.

    p8zvq58of7pv.png

    What the hell? I have no idea who this guy is. I tutored people in math, but he was not one of them.

    you don't even remember changing this guys life

    when that guy learned quadratic equation it was the greatest day of his life

    for hahnsoo it was a tuesday

    or maybe a saturday he doesn't remember is the point

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    @Sir Landshark i am excited to kick more doors

    yeah bro big doors small doors elevator doors helicopter doors

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    And like with Kaidan you were going to maybe wait to bone until you were not his commander, but then shit got real and you decided to anyway and I mean, I guess you can think of that as 'sex as victory' but it felt like the touching progression of a relationship that was headed that way. I just don't see the issue.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    one guy it's just a big giant angry face and an exclamation point

    but it's from like two years ago so i have no idea who he is or what it's referencing

    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The thing I hate is the sex as victory, which is definitely the case in earlier ME, but in later ones it's just part of stuff.

    But a sex scene is a good way to show that you've progressed to the next level of intimacy in many relationship models! Like not everyone does that and some people fuck first obviously, but it makes sense that that is how relationship progress can be shown? It's also for many people a clear line between 'we are flirting' and 'we are dating'.

    I think one reason the Isabella relationship is good is because the way you know she actually cares is more about conversation and her life choices rather than her sleeping with you--although there's also that of course!

    Oh no, that's definitely true! Sex is a good way of showing you've progressed to a level of intimacy for many people, especially if there's a build up and fear but desire and etc. But it's not the only thing, and there is more after it. First time sex between people is a big deal (well, it can be), and definitely deserves to be part of romances, but like, what about all the stuff after? If anything, it makes the relationship deeper - yet that's ignored completely in many games, because sex happened, sideplot over.

    Basically I don't think I disagree with you. Sex is important. It just isn't the victory state of a relationship.

  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Mazzyx wrote: »

    Those cars seem real nice

  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    What didn't Bioware ever imply the Normandy was an off camera 24 hour orgy?

  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Organichu wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »

    Those cars seem real nice

    I want one as my next car.

    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    did not expect

    http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/10/trump-feminine-speaking-style-214391

    i also have a feminine speaking style, i think. maybe.

  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    bioware romances are awful, let me tell you all about visual novels,

    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »
    What didn't Bioware ever imply the Normandy was an off camera 24 hour orgy?

    I just assumed that's what the cryo tubes in the belly were for. It's where the groupies would be stored in case they ran into a case of the Space Doldrums and Shepard declared it time to get Mass Erect

    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The thing I hate is the sex as victory, which is definitely the case in earlier ME, but in later ones it's just part of stuff.

    But a sex scene is a good way to show that you've progressed to the next level of intimacy in many relationship models! Like not everyone does that and some people fuck first obviously, but it makes sense that that is how relationship progress can be shown? It's also for many people a clear line between 'we are flirting' and 'we are dating'.

    I think one reason the Isabella relationship is good is because the way you know she actually cares is more about conversation and her life choices rather than her sleeping with you--although there's also that of course!

    Oh no, that's definitely true! Sex is a good way of showing you've progressed to a level of intimacy for many people, especially if there's a build up and fear but desire and etc. But it's not the only thing, and there is more after it. First time sex between people is a big deal (well, it can be), and definitely deserves to be part of romances, but like, what about all the stuff after? If anything, it makes the relationship deeper - yet that's ignored completely in many games, because sex happened, sideplot over.

    Basically I don't think I disagree with you. Sex is important. It just isn't the victory state of a relationship.

    Right, I just haven't actually played a game where that is the case, I think? Maybe because I consider game sequels to be continuations of the plot. But even within single games, I can't think of when this happened.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Arch wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Obsidian is like if Bioware gave a shit

    I am p sure bioware gives a shit

    I like obsidian too - I have mastered the esoteric arts of liking two similar things at the same time - but I am not thrilled with obsidian seemingly angling themselves hard at the cheetovore crowd who get super mad about "SJWs"

    wait whats this now
    Honk wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Obsidian is like if Bioware gave a shit

    I am p sure bioware gives a shit

    I like obsidian too - I have mastered the esoteric arts of liking two similar things at the same time - but I am not thrilled with obsidian seemingly angling themselves hard at the cheetovore crowd who get super mad about "SJWs"

    Have they done something specifically on this line or is it like in a general sense you get from them?

    Pillars of Eternity's kickstarter campaign and promo interviews etc had this whole "this is REAL roleplaying for REAL roleplayers, we know how you guys feel about those icky romances that other companies do :wink: " vibe going on and the glooberbarbl crowd anointed them as the chosen ones

    If it wasn't actual dogwhistling - and it msy not have been as the actual game is fine -it felt like they were perfectly happy with having that crowd in their corner

    I have complex feelings about all of that. More than I normally would like to admit about a bleep bloop vidcon company; suffice it to say that I resent you for baiting me into a real conversation with nuance!

    I enjoyed Pillars of Eternity immensely, and had a very different read in re: REAL roleplaying for REAL roleplayers... no icky romances.
    As far as I'm concerned, Bioware Romance is synonymous with fanservice nonsense.

    You know what would would have been a much better Mass Effect Romance? If Shephard had such immense anxiety from the PTSD of fighting galaxy-devouring robots that he couldn't get it up to fuck; Jack and Shephard then actually bond over how enormously horrific being a one-person war machine is, and resolve to attend group meetings 'once all of this settles'

    PoE didn't have any of that, as far as I could tell. I didn't go looking for a romance in it, so if I completely missed an MRA subplot then I suppose my experience was better for it.
    The whole kickstarter pledge to insert whatever you want into our videogame was a mistake, but I think they as a company handled that pretty well.. They ran it back in a way that I'm not sure if I agree with, but I absolutely respect.

    You got a different read from it, and I suspect a solid majority of the PA community did as well. That's fine. The trend of 'X company did something disagreeable and so I can't feel good about them' is absurd. It reeks of absolutism that I don't think is genuinely even the stance of the poster, but lends itself to this sharp line in the sand being drawn after every scandal regardless of magnitude: if you don't agree you are complicit in the stances that other people that like what you like also like.

    Bioware is a shell of the company that produced games that I loved. Obsidian produces games very similar to ones I loved, but has some weird social baggage that they recently accrued.

    I just wanted to some easy agrees for memebating aioua's 'X is like if Y gave a shit' why do you keep pushing me to be something more

    tryhard posting is like if shitposting gave a shit, I guess :(

    I very much agree about bioware style "romance"

    If any of you remember the game "Starship Titanic" (think Myst but written by Douglas Adams - yes really - and featuring Terry Jones and John Cleese) one of the central puzzles involves finding your way into the ships AI room and fiddling with the personality settings for the various robots. You need to drive the bellbot insane for a bit so he freaks out and smashes a TV for you (long story). Or make the robot at the front desk nicer so she'll upgrade your room.

    The only difference between that and a bioware "romance" is that in Starship Titanic you can see the levers.

    That covers everything in every computer game that ever was and will be for the foreseeable future though. If you don't like deterministic lever pulling... all a dialogue tree is is letting you choose your levers

    "every time I turn the page of this book the same thing happens"

  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    "Sir Landshark" i am excited to kick more doors

    yeah bro big doors small doors elevator doors helicopter doors

    there isn't a door we can't kick... together.

    turns out friendship was the biggest door of all.

  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The thing I hate is the sex as victory, which is definitely the case in earlier ME, but in later ones it's just part of stuff.

    But a sex scene is a good way to show that you've progressed to the next level of intimacy in many relationship models! Like not everyone does that and some people fuck first obviously, but it makes sense that that is how relationship progress can be shown? It's also for many people a clear line between 'we are flirting' and 'we are dating'.

    I think one reason the Isabella relationship is good is because the way you know she actually cares is more about conversation and her life choices rather than her sleeping with you--although there's also that of course!

    Oh no, that's definitely true! Sex is a good way of showing you've progressed to a level of intimacy for many people, especially if there's a build up and fear but desire and etc. But it's not the only thing, and there is more after it. First time sex between people is a big deal (well, it can be), and definitely deserves to be part of romances, but like, what about all the stuff after? If anything, it makes the relationship deeper - yet that's ignored completely in many games, because sex happened, sideplot over.

    Basically I don't think I disagree with you. Sex is important. It just isn't the victory state of a relationship.

    Right, I just haven't actually played a game where that is the case, I think? Maybe because I consider game sequels to be continuations of the plot. But even within single games, I can't think of when this happened.

    I don't remember more than perhaps a tiny side mention of romance stuff with Liara after sex with her, at least.

  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my leaf when my lease is up in december

    I might just buy if the price is right, they're kind of cratering since all the 200 mile cares are looming

    I've done well enough on an 80 mile car

    plus I'm not sure the Bolt will make it in time for me to switch over

    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    bioware romances are awful, let me tell you all about visual novels,

    But I like visual novels for the same reason I like bioware romances! I don't really see the difference.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    bioware romances are awful, let me tell you all about visual novels,

    But I like visual novels for the same reason I like bioware romances! I don't really see the difference.

    I suspect p10 is having a laff, m8

  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Hope the new Tom Clancy game is good so I can get into a good FPS



    B....Bro *invoulantarily pops open a natty ice, two collars*

    The drug cartel one?

    Yeah looks fun

    I admit I want to debate between two different foregrips for my AR15 while a bro flies us into position in a chopper and then he's like "get ready to BASE jump losers" and me and the other guy in the chopper are like "lol don't forget to pick us up after we assassinate this cartel honcho" and so on

    So

    Arma

    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    gasp, no i am the unique flower

    2diff.jpg?w=526&h=327

  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    My speaking style can get very masculine at times and I fucking hate it.

    I probably sound that way in chat as well. It's one of my hangups i guess.

  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    bioware romances are awful, let me tell you all about visual novels,

    But I like visual novels for the same reason I like bioware romances! I don't really see the difference.
    well you see the visual novels i like are ones where you think it's going to be about a romance but instead it's about brutal murders

    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The thing I hate is the sex as victory, which is definitely the case in earlier ME, but in later ones it's just part of stuff.

    But a sex scene is a good way to show that you've progressed to the next level of intimacy in many relationship models! Like not everyone does that and some people fuck first obviously, but it makes sense that that is how relationship progress can be shown? It's also for many people a clear line between 'we are flirting' and 'we are dating'.

    I think one reason the Isabella relationship is good is because the way you know she actually cares is more about conversation and her life choices rather than her sleeping with you--although there's also that of course!

    Oh no, that's definitely true! Sex is a good way of showing you've progressed to a level of intimacy for many people, especially if there's a build up and fear but desire and etc. But it's not the only thing, and there is more after it. First time sex between people is a big deal (well, it can be), and definitely deserves to be part of romances, but like, what about all the stuff after? If anything, it makes the relationship deeper - yet that's ignored completely in many games, because sex happened, sideplot over.

    Basically I don't think I disagree with you. Sex is important. It just isn't the victory state of a relationship.

    Right, I just haven't actually played a game where that is the case, I think? Maybe because I consider game sequels to be continuations of the plot. But even within single games, I can't think of when this happened.

    I don't remember more than perhaps a tiny side mention of romance stuff with Liara after sex with her, at least.

    Hm yeah my memories of ME1 are pretty faint. I think you boned really close to the end, and then it was just crisis crisis crisis, so I didn't particularly expect to have scenes where I was watching netflix with Kaidan.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Bioware romances are good because the NPCs deserve to have sex after being polite to me.

  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    "Sir Landshark" i am excited to kick more doors

    yeah bro big doors small doors elevator doors helicopter doors

    there isn't a door we can't kick... together.

    turns out friendship was the biggest door of all.
    I think it's all about the doors you kick along the way.

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    bioware romances are awful, let me tell you all about visual novels,

    But I like visual novels for the same reason I like bioware romances! I don't really see the difference.

    I suspect p10 is having a laff, m8

    maybe but when people shit on videogame romances I always feel there is a small side of shitting on female gamers and I get super defensive

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Just all slathering omni gel over everyone

    Glistening naked as the light of a dying sun glances off his buttocks

    Miranda grinds her teeth in anticipation and Garrus does a different sort of calibration

    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    @Six @emnmnme

    https://snag.gy/sFYtqR.jpg

    those were some depressing games.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    The only reason to sleep with Kaiden is to make his heartbreak all the more poignant when you toss him to the wolves.

    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    OnTheLastCastleOnTheLastCastle let's keep it haimish for the peripatetic Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    "Sir Landshark" i am excited to kick more doors

    yeah bro big doors small doors elevator doors helicopter doors

    there isn't a door we can't kick... together.

    turns out friendship was the biggest door of all.
    I think it's all about the doors you kick along the way.

    i cannot stress how many doors we had to mutually kick last night

    and it was amazing every time

  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    i'm ok with romances in my video games if they are well written and i will play stuff that is entirely about romance if i think it is well written or otherwise engaging
    i have never felt that way about a bioware romance (although i didn't really play me1, i think i avoided romance in me2 and never played me3)

    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    My speaking style can get very masculine at times and I fucking hate it.

    I probably sound that way in chat as well. It's one of my hangups i guess.

    Hugs

    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    should I take a bath or will it make me feel worse

  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    There was that creepy Aerie romance where she dumps you after sleeping with you, then you find out that she's pregnant, and the baby becomes an inventory item that takes up a slot. Yeah...

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    panzermadels: mass effect edition wherein you try to get with the mako but the kodiak keeps cockblocking you

  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    bioware romances are awful, let me tell you all about visual novels,

    But I like visual novels for the same reason I like bioware romances! I don't really see the difference.

    I suspect p10 is having a laff, m8

    maybe but when people shit on videogame romances I always feel there is a small side of shitting on female gamers and I get super defensive

    Not all shitting is the same! I shit in order to uplift.

  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    ugh everything is expensive

    why can't I just rent the space under my desk at work

    I could set up a nice little bed there

    then I wouldn't need a car

    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Elldren wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    Hope the new Tom Clancy game is good so I can get into a good FPS



    B....Bro *invoulantarily pops open a natty ice, two collars*

    The drug cartel one?

    Yeah looks fun

    I admit I want to debate between two different foregrips for my AR15 while a bro flies us into position in a chopper and then he's like "get ready to BASE jump losers" and me and the other guy in the chopper are like "lol don't forget to pick us up after we assassinate this cartel honcho" and so on

    So

    Arma

    I suppose so

    I saw that arma 3 APEX was out

This discussion has been closed.