Options

David [Chat] Pumpkins

19293949698

Posts

  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    "Sir Landshark" i am excited to kick more doors

    yeah bro big doors small doors elevator doors helicopter doors

    there isn't a door we can't kick... together.

    turns out friendship was the biggest door of all.
    I think it's all about the doors you kick along the way.

    i cannot stress how many doors we had to mutually kick last night

    and it was amazing every time
    The door was inside you all along.

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    The only reason to sleep with Kaiden is to make his heartbreak all the more poignant when you toss him to the wolves.

    POSER! You can't sleep with Kaiden until after Virmire!

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    or maybe I will try another nap

  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    @Six @emnmnme

    https://snag.gy/sFYtqR.jpg

    those were some depressing games.

    I feel we did not accomplish our goals.

    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    but don't get me wrong I am 100% shitting on videogame romances.
    Bioware's, specifically.

  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    when i think about it my dislike of bioware is probably entirely based on kotor1

    P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    There was that creepy Aerie romance where she dumps you after sleeping with you, then you find out that she's pregnant, and the baby becomes an inventory item that takes up a slot. Yeah...

    Viconia >>> Jaheira >>>>Aerie

    although actually I never romanced Aerie. I did watch her and Haer'Dalis flirt and that was quite cute.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    i think my dislike of bioware is based more or less entirely on kotor, actually

    oh yeah I didn't do any of the KoTOR romances exactly

    ...or. Hm. Did I romance Carth and then murder him. ...ummmmmm actually I want to say I did.....

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    I just ignore most vidya game romances because they're uninspiring and tbh they're not the main reason why I'm playing the game anyways

    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    getting my hillbilly on
    fuckin garth brooks on amazon prime
    The thunder rolls baby
    the thunder rollllsssssssssssssss

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    getting my hillbilly on
    fuckin garth brooks on amazon prime
    The thunder rolls baby
    the thunder rollllsssssssssssssss

    *turns up Wu Tang Clan*

  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2016
    credeiki wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    There was that creepy Aerie romance where she dumps you after sleeping with you, then you find out that she's pregnant, and the baby becomes an inventory item that takes up a slot. Yeah...

    Viconia >>> Jaheira >>>>Aerie

    although actually I never romanced Aerie. I did watch her and Haer'Dalis flirt and that was quite cute.
    I thought all three of them were a little creepy. You "fix" Viconia by dating her (literally change her alignment in Throne of Bhaal). You act as a stand-in for Jaheira's husband, who was mercilessly tortured while she watched. And Aerie is literally a bird with broken wings.

    But other than that, yeah, I agree with your assessment. :D

    Hahnsoo1 on
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Could you romance Minsc or Edwin(a)?

    No. My bff tried out an Edwin romance mod but she said it wasn't very well-written.
    Romances for female characters are limited to Anomen; I have never traveled with him because he's the worst so I haven't tried it out.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    getting my hillbilly on
    fuckin garth brooks on amazon prime
    The thunder rolls baby
    the thunder rollllsssssssssssssss

    My favorite song of his.

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Could you romance Minsc or Edwin(a)?

    No. My bff tried out an Edwin romance mod but she said it wasn't very well-written.
    Romances for female characters are limited to Anomen; I have never traveled with him because he's the worst so I haven't tried it out.

    Lame.

  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    TTODewback wrote: »
    friend's waifu got diagnosed with transverse myelitis @atomika

    :bigfrown:

    :bro:

  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    fuck im hungry but if I can hang on for 1.5 more hrs I can go home but idk if I can do ittttttttttttttt

    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    jews run uber? *frantically googles*

    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    There was that creepy Aerie romance where she dumps you after sleeping with you, then you find out that she's pregnant, and the baby becomes an inventory item that takes up a slot. Yeah...

    Viconia >>> Jaheira >>>>Aerie

    although actually I never romanced Aerie. I did watch her and Haer'Dalis flirt and that was quite cute.
    I thought all three of them were a little creepy. You "fix" Viconia by dating her. You act as a stand-in for Jaheira's husband, who was mercilessly tortured while she watched. And Aerie is literally a bird with broken wings.

    But other than that, yeah, I agree with your assessment. :D

    I mean, they represent values from a different decade. But Viconia is pretty great, and by the end where you're just happily dating and Imoen thinks you're a bit gross and Viconia wants you to ascend to godhood and be awesome for her...I like it a lot!
    ...oh right, also you absolutely don't have to 'fix' Viconia (I assume you mean changing her alignment). If you're also evil, you have the conversations and she's like ' I am starting to feel that maybe killing is wrong; is it?' and you're like 'nah man, my lord and savior Talos thinks it's the fucking best' and she's like 'cool, let's have a roll in the hay and go kill some dudes then' and she keeps her alignment and you're just super evil together.

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Hm I don't know what to do at work again and I find the total lack of direction upsetting. I'll go home and try to get more instructions tomorrow I guess!

    Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Should I get World of Final Fantasy?

  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    fuck im hungry but if I can hang on for 1.5 more hrs I can go home but idk if I can do ittttttttttttttt
    *returns home missing most of a hand*

    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Should I get World of Final Fantasy?

    Probably not.

    If you have a pang of classic final fantasy nostalgia, play classic final fantasy games.

    Grape Ape on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The thing I hate is the sex as victory, which is definitely the case in earlier ME, but in later ones it's just part of stuff.

    But a sex scene is a good way to show that you've progressed to the next level of intimacy in many relationship models! Like not everyone does that and some people fuck first obviously, but it makes sense that that is how relationship progress can be shown? It's also for many people a clear line between 'we are flirting' and 'we are dating'.

    I think one reason the Isabella relationship is good is because the way you know she actually cares is more about conversation and her life choices rather than her sleeping with you--although there's also that of course!

    Oh no, that's definitely true! Sex is a good way of showing you've progressed to a level of intimacy for many people, especially if there's a build up and fear but desire and etc. But it's not the only thing, and there is more after it. First time sex between people is a big deal (well, it can be), and definitely deserves to be part of romances, but like, what about all the stuff after? If anything, it makes the relationship deeper - yet that's ignored completely in many games, because sex happened, sideplot over.

    Basically I don't think I disagree with you. Sex is important. It just isn't the victory state of a relationship.

    Right, I just haven't actually played a game where that is the case, I think? Maybe because I consider game sequels to be continuations of the plot. But even within single games, I can't think of when this happened.

    I don't remember more than perhaps a tiny side mention of romance stuff with Liara after sex with her, at least.

    Hm yeah my memories of ME1 are pretty faint. I think you boned really close to the end, and then it was just crisis crisis crisis, so I didn't particularly expect to have scenes where I was watching netflix with Kaidan.

    Right, that is pretty true (been a few years for me, too). But I think that's kind of the point? They could've put the sex anywhere they wanted. Instead they chose to insert the sex during the climax (heheheh), so it felt like that was the end/victory thing.

    I would much prefer it if you got to watch Netflix afterwards, even in the same scene as the sex (though later stuff would be nice too).

  • Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    jews run uber? *frantically googles*

    Uber is actually short for Uberstein

    can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    So I dropped a Tylenol tablet by accident when walking between rooms and when I went back to look for it, it was nowhere to be found.

    One of the cats was following me around the house at the time so I took him to the emergency vet.

    They opened up his mouth and found pieces of it, so now he is on an extended stay while they pump him full of the antidote.

    On one hand, this cat is only three years old and healthy, so we all agreed that it is worth the expense and trouble to save him.

    On the other hand, Tylenol isn't a cat treat you stupid shit, if you ever do this again we're going to let Darwin take your ass.

    Update: he's stable but still needs to be monitored and dosed with the antidote.

    So he's probably gonna be fine and come home in a day or two.

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Should I get World of Final Fantasy?

    I want to get it

  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    jews run uber? *frantically googles*

    Uber is actually short for Uberstein
    mistaking germanic names for jewish names is actually one of my triggers

    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    firstworld problems:

    I get home and watch videos from a youtube series on the TV, but since the HTPC isn't using my google account they don't get marked as viewed

    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Havelock2.0Havelock2.0 Sufficiently Chill The Chill ZoneRegistered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    jews run uber? *frantically googles*

    Uber is actually short for Uberstein

    I fucking knew it

    You go in the cage, cage goes in the water, you go in the water. Shark's in the water, our shark.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    There was that creepy Aerie romance where she dumps you after sleeping with you, then you find out that she's pregnant, and the baby becomes an inventory item that takes up a slot. Yeah...

    Viconia >>> Jaheira >>>>Aerie

    although actually I never romanced Aerie. I did watch her and Haer'Dalis flirt and that was quite cute.
    I thought all three of them were a little creepy. You "fix" Viconia by dating her. You act as a stand-in for Jaheira's husband, who was mercilessly tortured while she watched. And Aerie is literally a bird with broken wings.

    But other than that, yeah, I agree with your assessment. :D

    I mean, they represent values from a different decade. But Viconia is pretty great, and by the end where you're just happily dating and Imoen thinks you're a bit gross and Viconia wants you to ascend to godhood and be awesome for her...I like it a lot!
    ...oh right, also you absolutely don't have to 'fix' Viconia (I assume you mean changing her alignment). If you're also evil, you have the conversations and she's like ' I am starting to feel that maybe killing is wrong; is it?' and you're like 'nah man, my lord and savior Talos thinks it's the fucking best' and she's like 'cool, let's have a roll in the hay and go kill some dudes then' and she keeps her alignment and you're just super evil together.
    I always loved this Viconia ending:
    ViconiaDead.png

    Your story is simply a DnD-Batman origin story...

    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    So I dropped a Tylenol tablet by accident when walking between rooms and when I went back to look for it, it was nowhere to be found.

    One of the cats was following me around the house at the time so I took him to the emergency vet.

    They opened up his mouth and found pieces of it, so now he is on an extended stay while they pump him full of the antidote.

    On one hand, this cat is only three years old and healthy, so we all agreed that it is worth the expense and trouble to save him.

    On the other hand, Tylenol isn't a cat treat you stupid shit, if you ever do this again we're going to let Darwin take your ass.

    Update: he's stable but still needs to be monitored and dosed with the antidote.

    So he's probably gonna be fine and come home in a day or two.

    So are you going to put kitten yuck stickers on everything like my parents did when I sniffed gasoline?

    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

    pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    did chat wish hillary clinton a happy birthday?
    @So It Goes happy 69th

    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Krathoon wrote: »
    Should I get World of Final Fantasy?

    I want to get it

    What about Final Fantasy XV though, there shouldn't be two Final Fantasies together like this it is uncouth.

  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    The thing I hate is the sex as victory, which is definitely the case in earlier ME, but in later ones it's just part of stuff.

    But a sex scene is a good way to show that you've progressed to the next level of intimacy in many relationship models! Like not everyone does that and some people fuck first obviously, but it makes sense that that is how relationship progress can be shown? It's also for many people a clear line between 'we are flirting' and 'we are dating'.

    I think one reason the Isabella relationship is good is because the way you know she actually cares is more about conversation and her life choices rather than her sleeping with you--although there's also that of course!

    Oh no, that's definitely true! Sex is a good way of showing you've progressed to a level of intimacy for many people, especially if there's a build up and fear but desire and etc. But it's not the only thing, and there is more after it. First time sex between people is a big deal (well, it can be), and definitely deserves to be part of romances, but like, what about all the stuff after? If anything, it makes the relationship deeper - yet that's ignored completely in many games, because sex happened, sideplot over.

    Basically I don't think I disagree with you. Sex is important. It just isn't the victory state of a relationship.

    Right, I just haven't actually played a game where that is the case, I think? Maybe because I consider game sequels to be continuations of the plot. But even within single games, I can't think of when this happened.

    I don't remember more than perhaps a tiny side mention of romance stuff with Liara after sex with her, at least.

    Hm yeah my memories of ME1 are pretty faint. I think you boned really close to the end, and then it was just crisis crisis crisis, so I didn't particularly expect to have scenes where I was watching netflix with Kaidan.

    Right, that is pretty true (been a few years for me, too). But I think that's kind of the point? They could've put the sex anywhere they wanted. Instead they chose to insert the sex during the climax (heheheh), so it felt like that was the end/victory thing.

    I would much prefer it if you got to watch Netflix afterwards, even in the same scene as the sex (though later stuff would be nice too).

    Arguably the best thing that the ME trilogy does (in regards to relationships) is in ME3 when they show your paramour's reactions to your actions in ME2

    Also: Lair of the Shadow Broker

    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

    the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    P10 wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    jews run uber? *frantically googles*

    Uber is actually short for Uberstein
    mistaking germanic names for jewish names is actually one of my triggers

    Uber is actually an anagram of Rube

    as in Rube GOLDBERG

    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    credeiki wrote: »
    Grape Ape wrote: »
    Could you romance Minsc or Edwin(a)?

    No. My bff tried out an Edwin romance mod but she said it wasn't very well-written.
    Romances for female characters are limited to Anomen; I have never traveled with him because he's the worst so I haven't tried it out.

    Anomen is the worstest

    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Grape ApeGrape Ape Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    Six wrote: »
    P10 wrote: »
    jews run uber? *frantically googles*

    Uber is actually short for Uberstein
    mistaking germanic names for jewish names is actually one of my triggers

    Uber is actually an anagram of Rube

    as in Rube GOLDBERG

    Which is why you always take the most convoluted path to your destination.

This discussion has been closed.