Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Nintendo 3DS] Metroid 2 out! Go buy it now!

1353637383941»

• DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Super Princess Peach is an okay platformer that's done in the sprite style.

Izuna and Izuna 2 are more roguelike RPGs than Zelda-style, but you may like them.

Knights in the Nightmare is gorgeous and is probably one of the only games I've come across with an actually creative use for the touch screen. The story is ludicrously depressing, though.

PSN: Donnicton - Switch FC: SW-6944-1374-2020 - Wii/3DS FC: 1633-4230-5354 - Steam: Donnicton - BNet: Donnicton#11763
  • DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I really wish I liked Azure Striker Gunvolt more than I did. I ultimately had the same problem with it that I later had with Matterfall. They're really easy games with relatively harsh scoring systems. The scoring is designed in a way that encourages literally perfect play, as every single bit of damage you take tanks your scoring potential, leading to a frustrating experience, and torturous replaying. But then if you decide to not give a fuck about your score and just play the game, you find that the scoring system was the only challenging thing about it. The enemies never pose much of a physical threat, as they only threaten your combo.

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited January 22
    I forget whether Sonic Rush/Sonic Rush Adventure/Sonic Colirs use 2D sprites, or just the 3D stuff.

The Mario & Luigi games all use 2D sprites, as I recall.

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
  • rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Rush games have 3D Sonic/Blaze and basically everything else 2D, except for boss battles.

Mostly the same deal with NSMB1.

• CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Dirty wrote: »
    I really wish I liked Azure Striker Gunvolt more than I did. I ultimately had the same problem with it that I later had with Matterfall. They're really easy games with relatively harsh scoring systems. The scoring is designed in a way that encourages literally perfect play, as every single bit of damage you take tanks your scoring potential, leading to a frustrating experience, and torturous replaying. But then if you decide to not give a fuck about your score and just play the game, you find that the scoring system was the only challenging thing about it. The enemies never pose much of a physical threat, as they only threaten your combo.

I gave up when it made me go on a fetch quest to find the real final boss.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Super Princess Peach is an okay platformer that's done in the sprite style.

Izuna and Izuna 2 are more roguelike RPGs than Zelda-style, but you may like them.

Knights in the Nightmare is gorgeous and is probably one of the only games I've come across with an actually creative use for the touch screen. The story is ludicrously depressing, though.

Knights in the Nightmare was a very interesting game that drove me too fucking insane to continue. The idea that you needed to use up your units to attack completely neutralized the same part of my brain that makes me entirely unable to ever spend a non-replaceable consumable in every RPG.

Steam ID: Right here.
    TalithDizzen
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Andy JoePolaritieStormwatchershoeboxjeddy
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Koromaru plush is a low blow.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Hopefully they don't allow Gamestop to be the only store with preorders...

OSvv7zs.pngjswidget.php?username=ArcSyn&numitems=5&header=0&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1