As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

U mad?

19495969798100»

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    I said "so it's 100 pounds?" and she said "at least" and I said "it's literally just stamping a form though how can it be more than that" and she just said "at least" again.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    that reminds me of when I got a ticket for an expired inspection sticker on my car

the ticket was $30

the "associated court costs" were $300

get fucking bent

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    Here you can pay a parking ticket online. It's 75 pounds, going up to 150 if you leave it longer than a month.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    I once drove around a city lost

A cop side swiped my at the time brand new car

He and like eight other cops instantly surrounded me the second I pulled over

They accused me of being a drug dealing addict, and a bunch of other things

One of them screamed at me that i could have killed a child with my clueless fucking idiot driving while another made me take the physical sobriety tests

I had a bill for like $500 dollars because the shitty cop scratched his stupid SUV on my car's mirror

They tried repeatedly to break my mirror without their Sarge? noticing

• Options
    I once drove around a city lost

A cop side swiped my at the time brand new car

He and like eight other cops instantly surrounded me the second I pulled over

They accused me of being a drug dealing addict, and a bunch of other things

One of them screamed at me that i could have killed a child with my clueless fucking idiot driving while another made me take the physical sobriety tests

I had a bill for like $500 dollars because the shitty cop scratched his stupid SUV on my car's mirror

They tried repeatedly to break my mirror without their Sarge? noticing

what the fuck

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    shitty behavior... from the police?! I don't believe it. impossible!

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    It's just a few bad apples. . .

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2017
    if it's actually true that carrots are orange because of william of orange then that is hilarious to me
    bowen wrote: »
    that reminds me of when I got a ticket for an expired inspection sticker on my car

the ticket was $30

get fucking bent

I've had one speeding ticket in my life. The only other time I paid for a speeding ticket was when I got pulled over for going 63 in a 60, and the cop claimed it was a 55, and he asked whether I wanted to pay the ticket or go to court and I said "Court, please," and the judge said "Oh, yeah, the part of the road the cop said you were on was in a 60 zone, charges dismissed" and then I paid $120 in court costs.

I could have just mailed you a $150 check for the speeding ticket, you horrible fucker!

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    if it's actually true that carrots are orange because of william of orange then that is hilarious to me

the ticket was $30

get fucking bent

I've had one speeding ticket in my life. The only other time I paid for a speeding ticket was when I got pulled over for going 63 in a 60, and the cop claimed it was a 55, and he asked whether I wanted to pay the ticket or go to court and I said "Court, please," and the judge said "Oh, yeah, the part of the road the cop said you were on was in a 60 zone, charges dismissed" and then I paid $120 in court costs.

I could have just mailed you a $150 check for the speeding ticket, you horrible fucker!

congratulations on your "win."

tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options

the ticket was $30

get fucking bent

yeah the $300 was kind of worded as the "this is what you can pay if you don't want to fight it in court, you'll probably end up paying it anyways, best to just pay it now"

• Options

the ticket was $30

get fucking bent

yeah the $300 was kind of worded as the "this is what you can pay if you don't want to fight it in court, you'll probably end up paying it anyways, best to just pay it now"

The speeding ticket I actually paid was because I was driving in a part of a construction zone that didn't really look like a construction zone, so I ended up getting ticketed for going 45 in a 25. The cop ended up being the truant officer, and I'd built up a really good relationship with him reporting delinquent teens at Jedoc's Down Home Bookateria, and so we both spent the entire interaction avoiding each others' eyes and thinking about the public good.

Like, I ain't going to let him off his late fines at the library without a good reason, so I get it. We're all in this together.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    I've never really had a good interaction with the police.

I'm pretty law abiding and am basically white.

I can't imagine how it works for people that don't fit that.

Jesus christ living your day to day in fear is horrible

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Same here. I might be a douchebag but I know to be super polite and friendly and respectful when dealing with the police and yet I still cop a lot of shit in almost every interaction I have with the police. And I'm an extremely white straight male in his thirties living in Australia!

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    To be fair, that's the demographic that commits the most crime.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    To be fair, that's the demographic that commits the most crime.

"Why are there so many hammers in my car, officer? Oh, no reason. I was just taking them out for a nice drive."

• Options
    LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Is there a... hammer... problem in Australia?

• Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    Label wrote: »
    Is there a... hammer... problem in Australia?

It's never a good idea to drive... hammered.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    I think it's a tie in to chris wanting to hammer a bunch of people here/another thread

• Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Sometimes you just need to hammer a gu-er I mean, some nails

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Like that whitest kid's you know skit?

• Options
    edited July 2017
    From the sounds of it, The World's Stompiest Child Who Lives Upstairs has a very stompy cousin or something over for the 4th. I believe they are forming some sort of amateur wrestling federation directly overhead.

That's fine. Everything is fine.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'm so annoyed at people that think the thinnest sliver of morning light is a justification to turn off their headlights.

You are in a dark car, it's raining, and the sun isn't over the horizon yet. But sure. Turn off your lights. Cause that's safe.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Goddamn, stop setting off fireworks, people.

Thankfully my kids have stayed asleep.

• Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular
    I'm so annoyed at people that think the thinnest sliver of morning light is a justification to turn off their headlights.

You are in a dark car, it's raining, and the sun isn't over the horizon yet. But sure. Turn off your lights. Cause that's safe.

Here it is mandatory to keep your headlights on one hour past sunup and to turn them on one hour before sundown. But we also have very few streetlights, as Tucson spread very wide very fast, and the budget committee decided road safety was a secondary concern to building a trolley for drunk college students so they wouldn't have to walk 5 blocks home.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Goddamn, stop setting off fireworks, people.

Thankfully my kids have stayed asleep.

Well my dog didn't. He was a pacing whining mess all night long. I didn't get any sleep thanks to his whining, his nails, and hardwood floors.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Neighbors were setting off shit that was rattling my windows out in the court until about 11 last night. That wasn't a big deal, it was Blow Shit Up Day and all. But this morning I come out and my car is COVERED in fireworks detritus. I'm pretty annoyed by that.

This discussion has been closed.