As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

U mad?

• BolthornBolthorn Registered User regular
    Well, mostly lurk, but I mad. Could have posted in the jobs thread too probably. So, I had to run an automated test overnight as it takes well over 8 hours to run. I kicked it off just after 6PM. The last thing this automation run does it write the results. Everything is stored in RAM until the very end. Sometime before that happened my machine rebooted for a software update. I mad because we're not made aware of updates being pushed ahead of time. It's not scheduled or communicated, they're just pushed out seemingly at random. This happens at least once a month. So, now, I'm sitting here with absolutely nothing to do while I wait for this 8 hour job to possibly maybe complete before I leave for the day so that I can spend roughly 30 minutes examining the result. I will then have a full day of further testing to complete tomorrow. My original goal was to have this all wrapped up today.

• MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    Ugh. Had to walk a mile with a 3 year old while carrying a 1 year old because the buses weren't running. Why were they not running? Some race, that ended a while ago, closed the streets for the race and for several hours afterwards. Now I get to walk back the mile, because the bus detour goes nowhere near the original route.
    I did get the 3 year old to call runners " meanlows" for making us walk. That was cute.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I wish I didn't have to deal with so many pro Trump people. I live in rural northeast Pennsylvania. I do enjoy the occasional "outdoorsman" activity, such as hunting, shooting, and fishing. This doesn't mean I want to listen to racist homophobic xenophobic misogynistic tirades.

I avoid the local archery store becuase the owner is some sort of clone of Alex Jones.

I found a local archery club, so I checked out their Facebook page. They posted pro-Trump stuff back in election season. Sigh.

I mean, I guess I'll go, I don't have anywhere to shoot my bow, and I could use some lessons, but dammit, I am so tired of this crap.

DouglasDanger on
  • Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    Grocery store is out of Dr. Pepper. Asked an employee if they had any hidden somewhere, like a little cooler by the cash register like they sometimes have, or stacked up in a promotional display by the deli, or whatever. Didn't explicitly ask if they had any 'in the back', because I know that comes across as a passive aggressive accusation that they're not doing their job stocking the shelves properly.

Dude just shrugged though and pointed at a shelf full of Pibb.

Pibb.

Pibb.

No jury would convict me.

Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • RandomEncounterRandomEncounter Registered User regular
    He doesn't even have his degree!

• A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Mr Pibb puts in an honest days work. He doesn't need any fancy title.

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Mr Pibb puts in an honest days work. He doesn't need any fancy title.

Mr Pibb actually has a masters in Engineering and is putting in off hours to get a doctorate but you don't hear him bragging about it. No sir.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Mr. Pibb isn't bad

• JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    My favorite is Dr. Topper, aka Dr. Pepper for people who haven't updated their prescription in a few years.

drtopperclovernew.jpg

I could swear when I was in high school the "T" had some curly bits that made it look even more like a "P." It's entirely possible they were sued.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I love knockoff Dr pepper names. They taste awful usually but the so bad it's good knockoff names almost make up for it sometimes

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Dr. Thunder is the best twelve-pack of fun you can buy for $2.50.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Dr. Thunder is the least objectionable Dr Pepper knock-off I've had.

steam_sig.png
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »

Wait, how much is Steele Reserve?

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    8668739ead5251319666c692d8634292.jpg

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Shasta is a fine series of sodas. I especially love their Black Cherry offering.

• TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Notice, Pibb was not deemed worthy to be in that photo.

Also, it's one thing to be offered Pibb when I asked for Dr Pepper, but please don't try and pretend Coke taste anything like it.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    I think I like "Real Dr." the best, out of those names.

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    When you're drinking carbonated prune juice why does it matter which brand it is

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    The Dr.!

not just any doctor, The Doctor.

vEaRQgH.png
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I dunno, I'm pretty partial to dr. perky

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I want to kind of try them all now

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    The Dr.!

not just any doctor, The Doctor.

Not digging the flavour of this new regeneration

• NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Dr. Fine Soda is my fave name of the bunch, but it's a tough call with so many options.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Dr. Chill stands out. Maybe that's the 'chill' people have told me to find all along.

DR STRIPES

STARS AND STRIPES

MURICA BABY

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
    Dr Thunder a close second

knitdan wrote: »
    When you're drinking carbonated prune juice why does it matter which brand it is

Interestingly enough, the long-standing myth that Dr. Pepper contains prune juice may have originated with a distributor of a rival soda back in the 1930s.

Soda war. Soda war never changes.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I feel like Dr Becker gets a special no prize for being the one that sounds the most like Dr Pepper when mumbled.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Dr. Bob

That's my close second

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    I'm mad because I just replaced the power supply in my desktop and now the stupid thing won't boot for some reason. The fans are spinning, but there's nothing happening from the motherboard

ARGH

I'm mad because I just replaced the power supply in my desktop and now the stupid thing won't boot for some reason. The fans are spinning, but there's nothing happening from the motherboard

ARGH

do they keep spinning?

• RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    JUST STOP SNOWING. STOP. IT'S MARCH WE'RE TIRED.

• JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Possibly just missed one of the smaller cables. Got the little 4-pin and everything hooked up?

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • MulysaSemproniusMulysaSempronius but also susie nyRegistered User regular
    The self check lanes at this supermarket tend to only have 2 open out of the half dozen or so available. And people with >20 items that they need to pack carefully in their own bags, people buying items that need ID checks, people buying fruits that they need to look up, paying with cash, penny by penny, like to monopolize them. One person yesterday broke liquid laundry detergent during checkout, and they didn't open another lane when they closed the messy one.

If that's all there is my friends, then let's keep dancing
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Possibly just missed one of the smaller cables. Got the little 4-pin and everything hooked up?

Yeah, video card or the CPU pins are probably causing this.

I know video cards will block BIOS if not getting power, especially nvidia ones.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »

ARGH

do they keep spinning?

Yeah, they keep spinning and everything seems like it's working except I get no BIOS or POST or anything. I'm going to try taking out the video card when I get home.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Mother fucking spice loving squirrel just going to TOWN on the sunflower seeds I put out that are just doused with cayenne powder and red paper flakes for good measure.

• MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Mother fucking spice loving squirrel just going to TOWN on the sunflower seeds I put out that are just doused with cayenne powder and red paper flakes for good measure.

Sounds like a candidate for the ghost pepper challenge to me.

• QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Maybe. Though I suspect this particular one just is not able to taste heat. The other squirrels have largely given up.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Lots of animals have no receptors for capsaicin.

This discussion has been closed.