As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

U mad?

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    I'm mad at me for screwing up one of my fingers again.
    I somehow got it too close to the reciprocating part of the jigsaw and crushed the tip of my nail and finger. I was immediately in so much pain that I don't even remember how it happened. I hope I don't need stitches.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    :bro:

hope it turns out okay for you

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm mad at me, for accidentally leaving my moleskine sketchbook in my pants pocket before putting on a wash last night. The dryer was full of shredded paper, but I did manage to salvage some of it.
    f1i81zhj9a1b.jpeg

Sorry, that sucks. :/

I mean, a lot of the notes and such were scanned for one reason or another, but there's stuff I never did that for that's just gone now. I'm just so impotently pissed at myself.

Caulk Bite 6 on
    jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    I am mad because Chris Cornell is dead
    Chris Cornell, former Soundgarden singer, dies aged 52

Fucking hell

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Godamnit.

sig.gif
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular
    Ah damn it.

That's hitting me harder than I'd have thought it would.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    i am at a coffee shop i've never been to before (p chill, good neighborhood hangout-type) and i just want to throttle this biz-caz trio who aren't obviously horrible, but made some crack to themselves I am prickly on and are now branded as judgmental fucks.

there is however, a fluffy doggo lounging in front of me (i also want to throttle his owner bc it's hot and a random barback had to bring more water for pup.)

the neuropsych evaluation was somewhat inconclusive, and while i wasn't expecting any clear-cut answers, it's just kinda exactly in line with the lack of definition frustrating me in life. so i'm sulking, but i'll head back home and do some chores to feel some accomplishment.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Mine was also largely inconclusive when I got it done Pooka, though they did give me a "provisional" ADD diagnoses out of it. So in a sense it was still helpful for me.

• Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    I'm actually kinda super mad at my dumb brain right now. I've just spent a couple of pages reading about bike rage, and car rage and general travel rage, thinking to myself what an odd tangent the LGBT thread had taken and wondering how it had gotten so off-topic, before I looked up at the address bar and realised what thread I was actually reading.

Add that to the ever growing list of evidence that has my inner anxiety voice going "its Alzheimers you know - you're getting old and your brain is finally going!" :confused:

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    mori1972 wrote: »
    I'm actually kinda super mad at my dumb brain right now. I've just spent a couple of pages reading about bike rage, and car rage and general travel rage, thinking to myself what an odd tangent the LGBT thread had taken and wondering how it had gotten so off-topic, before I looked up at the address bar and realised what thread I was actually reading.

Add that to the ever growing list of evidence that has my inner anxiety voice going "its Alzheimers you know - you're getting old and your brain is finally going!" :confused:

don't worry about it

it's more likely information overload coupled with tiredness than Alzheimers

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular

Plus its SE++. I get confused as to what thread I'm in here at least 2-3 times a day.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Options
    mori1972mori1972 FF14: Rhotfyr Thosinmharsyn (Y)UKRegistered User regular
    Oh totally. In the last...5 months alone, I've: struggled through a social welfare job as the sole worker with a caseload of about 700 people, been told I had to learn to drive in order to keep said job, learned to drive, had to get a car, had a car accident (not serious thankfully!) and ended a relationship, on top of dealing with regular hospital visits and taking part in a new medical trial.

I know its a combination of stress and info overload, the doctors at the hospital agree, all my work colleagues say the same.

It still doesn't stop that inner voice whispering "it's a brain tumour/you're having a breakdown/its Alzheimers" etc etc.

So I guess I'm also getting pretty mad at that inner voice now as well!

It's all saltwater these days:
    Ocean, tears and heartbreak soup
    Half alive in a whitecap foam
    Half in love with a white half moon
  • Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Speaking of, this mornings tally was a truck turning right who clearly didn't see me at all (fortunately I anticipate this with trucks and had already swung extremely wide), and someone pulling out of a park without looking.

Honestly I don't even get an adrenaline response any more, which is weird because the same thing in a car (where I'd be more likely to survive) would at least jolt me a little

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Looks like my phone's ability to charge is no longer working properly. Oh boy.

sig.gif
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    Decomposey wrote: »

Plus its SE++. I get confused as to what thread I'm in here at least 2-3 times a day.

Safe bet: talk about food.

• Options

great

now I don't know which of the 8 threads I'm in

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    Mine was also largely inconclusive when I got it done Pooka, though they did give me a "provisional" ADD diagnoses out of it. So in a sense it was still helpful for me.
    it was still helpful, just frustrating because one of the self-inventories was invalid, so she couldn't assert any psychiatric status beyond the obvious MDD umbrella. but 'other ADHD disorder with insufficient evidence of childhood onset' is pretty much the most i expected on that front, and that should be enough to get help. it was a bit validating since my performance in some areas wasn't as expected for my IQ; ie, i am not incapable, i just have some hurdles in my way.

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    Jeez dude, I opened my door and because we're on a hill in a crowded parking lot, it bumped into your car, these things happen. Yes, I see your car and all of the dents and rust all over it, it seems to have a lot of marks. Yes, I suppose I might have added one, but it's really hard to tell. No you don't need to be flipping out in front of my children and yours, really, I'm not out to get you. No one is out to get you.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular

I am mad about the conflicting definitions of sandwiches in movies, TV, books, webcomics, podcasts, and modern political discourse. Better post some kitten gifs to cheer myself up.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    If you want to confuse Bowen into checking the forum he's in then talk about coupon apps.

In more related thread stuff, just almost witnessed a truck run over a pedestrian in a cross walk who had the green signal. So I'm mad at the truck for not paying attention until the pedestrian was a couple feet away before they hit the brakes and I'm mad at myself because I saw it all unfolding and could have hit the horn to potentially stop the truck or warn the pedestrian and I didn't have the presence of mind to do so.

• Options
    Madican wrote: »
    If you want to confuse Bowen into checking the forum he's in then talk about coupon apps.

In more related thread stuff, just almost witnessed a truck run over a pedestrian in a cross walk who had the green signal. So I'm mad at the truck for not paying attention until the pedestrian was a couple feet away before they hit the brakes and I'm mad at myself because I saw it all unfolding and could have hit the horn to potentially stop the truck or warn the pedestrian and I didn't have the presence of mind to do so.

@Cog

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Few things make me angrier than Pandora playing a censored version of a song.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    TheStig wrote: »

D*** straight.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Spotify too. There's a Halestorm song that doubles down on it where the refrain is supposed to "Tell 'em go fuck themselves" and it's been changed to "Tell 'em forget themselves" which makes zero sense and just irritates me.

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    For some reason when I got Once More Round the sun I got the radio edit of the album? It doesn't come up except on the title when it comes up on my car in a shuffle and it always throws me off.

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Honestly I still crack up when I hear Cee Lo Green's "Forget You" playing on the radio somewhere.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    I heard a censor edit version of Nothin but a G thing the other day.

It hurt deep inside. (while also being kinda hilarious that they tried in the first place)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Desert LeviathanDesert Leviathan Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Honestly I still crack up when I hear Cee Lo Green's "Forget You" playing on the radio somewhere.

That's such a great song. I mean, the real one. I'm gonna listen to it on repeat for an hour and feel a really weird sort of regret that I don't actually have any exes that I'm bitter enough towards to justify wallowing in that kind of cheerful spite.

Desert Leviathan on
    Realizing lately that I don't really trust or respect basically any of the moderators here. So, good luck with life, friends! Hit me up on Twitter @DesertLeviathan
  • Options

It hurt deep inside. (while also being kinda hilarious that they tried in the first place)

I once heard on the radio the edited version of Snoop Doggs "ain't no fun (if the homies can't have none) which is like 50% of the song blanked out.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular

I once heard on the radio the edited version of Snoop Doggs "ain't no fun (if the homies can't have none) which is like 50% of the song blanked out.

This one outright changed words , like with all the effort of a TBS afternoon movie.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    One of my mother-in-law's favorite movies is the basic cable edit of Kill Bill. I've always assumed it was about half an hour long, but I haven't checked.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    She probably wonders why they cancelled that TV series after 2 episodes.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I once watched a TV edit of Showgirls since nothing else was on TV. It was like 39 minutes long.

• Options
    fucking

these kids are playing with footballs and basketballs and shit in the god damned parking lot instead of the several acres of open land next to the apartments

time to bitch to the landlord again

I'm going to offer up the ability to break my lease no hassle and see if they'll take me up on it, if not I'm going to let them know I'm going to hold them personally responsible if my car gets damaged by these kids because I have no idea whose kids they are.

I really fucking hate kids, ugh.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Basketball I can kind of understand having to play on the pavement, since doing it on soil doesn't really work

• Options
    true, but there's no hoop so no point

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Only good use for a basketball is sittin on it when there's nothing else to sit on, anything else is sheer horseplay

• Options
    If you want to deform your basketball into an oblate spheroid, go ahead and sit on it. Good luck dribbling, though.

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    Let's all take turns trying to kick the ball out from under Hobnail's butt!

• Options
    my roommate also apparently just shit on the bathroom mat for reasons????? A smear of shit exists, so, there was an attempt to clean it, but it looks like he gave up when he realized he'd actually need to wash it

ugh

who wants to be my new roommate? You just gotta not shit on the floor thanks

This discussion has been closed.