As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Flash]: New New Season

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Anyone else hate the speed force now?

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

It's a Thing in Flash, think of it as the Speedster version of the Force.

• Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Next season speculation
    -Barry gets Zombie Zoom's job as Speed Force Time Cop
    -given the network, I assume Iris will have a new suitor to create The Triangle with a returned Barry

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

Our speed force gun didn't work.
    Yes, but it was my plan all along to have you make a speed force gun so you can tweak it to speed force me so I can be speed force.
    Haha. But I changed the gun to speed force the speed force.
    Oh no! The speed force is back, and it's speed forceier than ever!
    I must go, the speed force needs me.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    GONG-00 wrote: »
    Next season speculation
    -given the network, I assume Iris will have a new suitor to create The Triangle with a returned Barry
    The suitor will be a Barry time remnant who appears claiming (believing?) to be Original flavor. Barry will then return in his capacity as Time Cop to capture the remnant and everyone will think he is the bad guy, because remnant Barry is actually more like loveable S1 Barry. And possibly is S1 Barry!

The Flash: In which every main villain is a speedster and now also Barry.

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    This felt like more of a Season 5 finale.
    I dont have a problem with Barry going into the speed force and Wally becoming the Flash. I just feel its too soon. (Yea i know its not going to stick,
    but thats why i feel like this would have been a great passing on the mantle ending for a Season 5 finale.)

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

• Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Next season speculation
    The suitor will be a Barry time remnant who appears claiming (believing?) to be Original flavor. Barry will then return in his capacity as Time Cop to capture the remnant and everyone will think he is the bad guy, because remnant Barry is actually more like loveable S1 Barry. And possibly is S1 Barry!

You forgot the part where Barry becomes the mentor to himself and then betrays himself.

• Options
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Next season speculation

You forgot the part where Barry becomes the mentor to himself and then betrays himself.

I assumed the script template just included that.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Here's how they should have done it:
    After Savitar blows up Star Labs, Barry realizes there's only one way to truly stop Savitar - to go into the Speedforce trap before anything else can happen to try to prevent Savitar's existence. Also when Wells-2 shows up he brings back Jesse because seriously why the fuck was Jesse Quick not in the finale? That or maybe Gypsy brings her. Either way. Speedforce bazooka thing fails for the same reason or maybe a different one, and we get Team!Flash versus Evil!Barry. In the end Team!Flash prevails, Kaitlyn decides she needs to fuck off to figure herself out, so Gypsy offers to take her back there with her, so she can have the space to figure herself out. Tracy joins Team Flash, and the status quo for next season is basically Buffy Season 6 where the good guys are alright but the title Hero is missing and we're not really sure how to fix that quite yet.

That's a rough cut, and this wasn't terrible, but I would have liked it if that one character had shown up, and if Flash had to remove himself from the big main fight.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Next season speculation

Isn't that what they just did?
    I mean, I know comics like to rehash the same basic plot lines over and over, but they generally give you some time before doing the exact same thing again.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Legends starts a month later than the others and the first few episodes Flash is all "where's Barry? Where'd he go? Will we ever see him again?" and then it turns out he's working with Rip Hunter

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »
    Next season speculation

Isn't that what they just did?
    I mean, I know comics like to rehash the same basic plot lines over and over, but they generally give you some time before doing the exact same thing again.

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Next season speculation

Worked for Reboot.

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Dritz wrote: »
    Next season speculation

Worked for Reboot.

Holy shit Reboot was incredible.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Nest season speculation:
    So all they need is a speedster to trap in the Speedforce, right? They seem to trip over those all the time, so I doubt it'll be more than a week or two before they toss someone else in there. Plenty of alternate Earths they can raid and steal their Reverse Flash or Zoom.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    Nest season speculation:
    So all they need is a speedster to trap in the Speedforce, right? They seem to trip over those all the time, so I doubt it'll be more than a week or two before they toss someone else in there. Plenty of alternate Earths they can raid and steal their Reverse Flash or Zoom.

They could just travel back into the past and grab Zoom or Thawne!

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited May 2017
    They need a speedster to fill the hole that was never created because Savatar never existed.

I wouldn't put it past them in the slightest to get out of it just by going "Oh, wait. Paradox resolved itself. *schlorp*"

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    They need a speedster to fill the hole that was never created because Savatar never existed.

I wouldn't put it past them in the slightest to get out of it just by going "Oh, wait. Paradox resolved itself. *schlorp*"

From now on, can "schlorp" be the official onomatopoeia of the Speed Force?

• Options
    Kashaar wrote: »
    Nest season speculation:

They could just travel back into the past and grab Zoom or Thawne!

Thrawne should be the final big bad, where we see his journey back to Barry's origin. It writes itself.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    I skipped out on the last five episodes of the season until now because [SPEED FORCE], and man, reading everyone's responses to those episodes as they were airing is a delight.

Also the finale was dumb and I still totally want a "Jessie's Adventures on Earth-2/3/The Multiverse" show instead.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Sorce wrote: »
    I skipped out on the last five episodes of the season until now because [SPEED FORCE], and man, reading everyone's responses to those episodes as they were airing is a delight.

Also the finale was dumb and I still totally want a "Jessie's Adventures on Earth-2/3/The Multiverse" show instead.

I could copy and paste this post into the Arrow thread and it would still be appropriate. Jessie would have helped out that finale too!

(Though I think I skipped more than 5 episodes)

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Caught up on Flash. Though now, I wonder why.

There was some good bits! The start of the finale seemed promising!

But no. Start high, end grimdark.

• Options
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Caught up on Flash. Though now, I wonder why.

There was some good bits! The start of the finale seemed promising!

But no. Start high, end grimdark.

This seems to be the series pattern, post season 1.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    Here's how they should have done it:
    After Savitar blows up Star Labs, Barry realizes there's only one way to truly stop Savitar - to go into the Speedforce trap before anything else can happen to try to prevent Savitar's existence. Also when Wells-2 shows up he brings back Jesse because seriously why the fuck was Jesse Quick not in the finale? That or maybe Gypsy brings her. Either way. Speedforce bazooka thing fails for the same reason or maybe a different one, and we get Team!Flash versus Evil!Barry. In the end Team!Flash prevails, Kaitlyn decides she needs to fuck off to figure herself out, so Gypsy offers to take her back there with her, so she can have the space to figure herself out. Tracy joins Team Flash, and the status quo for next season is basically Buffy Season 6 where the good guys are alright but the title Hero is missing and we're not really sure how to fix that quite yet.

That's a rough cut, and this wasn't terrible, but I would have liked it if that one character had shown up, and if Flash had to remove himself from the big main fight.

They could also have just done that stupid memory wipe thing and turn him into a vegtable an hour before it was suppose to happen, then bring him back after the deadline.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    Casting info for the next season:
    CLIFFORD DEVOE/THE THINKER–Male, 40-50, Any Ethnicity. After being caught in the particle accelerator explosion, Clifford Devoe became an extremely intelligent meta-human. A super genius who’s plans to fix all he sees wrong with humanity. Regular for Season 4

THE MECHANIC–Female, 30-40, Any Ethnicity. An extremely intelligent engineer who will design devices for Clifford Devoe. Basically, Devoe’s right hand. She’ll support Devoe no matter the consequences. RECURRING GUEST

[RALPH DIBNY/ELONGATED MAN] Male, Mid to late 30s, Any Ethnicity. A Ryan Reynolds or Chris Pratt type. Ralph is able to drastically change the shape of his body, but is having a difficult time changing his ways. Will most likely be comedic relief for the season. MAJOR RECURRING GUEST STAR, COULD COME BACK IN SEASON 5

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Casting info for the next season:
    CLIFFORD DEVOE/THE THINKER–Male, 40-50, Any Ethnicity. After being caught in the particle accelerator explosion, Clifford Devoe became an extremely intelligent meta-human. A super genius who’s plans to fix all he sees wrong with humanity. Regular for Season 4

THE MECHANIC–Female, 30-40, Any Ethnicity. An extremely intelligent engineer who will design devices for Clifford Devoe. Basically, Devoe’s right hand. She’ll support Devoe no matter the consequences. RECURRING GUEST

[RALPH DIBNY/ELONGATED MAN] Male, Mid to late 30s, Any Ethnicity. A Ryan Reynolds or Chris Pratt type. Ralph is able to drastically change the shape of his body, but is having a difficult time changing his ways. Will most likely be comedic relief for the season. MAJOR RECURRING GUEST STAR, COULD COME BACK IN SEASON 5

I guess the existence of Ralph is so that Barry can remain a depressing time breaking piece of crap that blames himself for everything....you know...just like the source material...

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    YoshuaYoshua Registered User regular
    I too finally got caught up on this season, and I too wonder why I bothered. Oh yeah, because I really liked the first two seasons, and the season starting with Flashpoint seemed like something that would be really cool. But no, it was just frustrating to watch. How much time was wasted hand wringing over whether or not the future could be changed? Never fucking mind they had already witnessed that very thing with the byline author changing from Iris to someone else. None of the reveals were shocking. Were they even reveals? I mean it seemed pretty obvious where they were going pretty early on.

Oh well, if Arrow is a guide, I will just consider this a hiccup.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I don't get it, because I still think the season was fun. The overall savitar story was meh, but it wasn't horrible for me.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I don't get it, because I still think the season was fun. The overall savitar story was meh, but it wasn't horrible for me.

My only real problem was that it wasn't happy enough. Arrow is dour enough for the whole universe. The episode where Barry loses his memory was awesome for that reason. He was so happy.

• Options
    Eh, there wasn't enough people keeping secrets from other people for no good reason.
    Hopefully they'll fix that next season.

• Options
    edited July 2017
    Eh, there wasn't enough people keeping secrets from other people for no good reason.

Apparently,
    accidentally colluding with your future self, against yourself, ticks a lot of those CW boxes without any extra effort.

-Lying to your friends
    -Conspiracy to do right backfiring
    -Villain actually first guy the team talked to
    -Sibling angst

Edit: Are we still spoiling last season?

ArbitraryDescriptor on
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Hartley Sawyer Cast as Longtime Flash Ally The Elongated Man on CW’s ‘The Flash’
    One of the Flash’s most beloved allies is coming to the CW in the fall.

The network announced Monday that Ralph Dibny aka the Elongated Man, will be joining the cast of “The Flash” in Season 4 as a recurring role.

Hartley Sawyer, who previously starred on CW Seed’s “Saving the Human Race,” has been cast as the hero who has the power to stretch his body into any shape or form.

Dibny is a fast-talking private investigator with amazing deduction skills. However, once he discovers what he can do, he uses his abilities to help Team Flash solve one of Central City’s greatest mysteries.

At the end of Season 3, Barry Allen sacrificed himself into the Speed Force, so the status of Team Flash is up in the air. A trailer released at Comic-Con shows that the group has at least been working together in some capacity since Barry’s disappearance. That even includes the reappearance of Caitlin Snow, who left the team to become Killer Frost last season.

We don’t know how Barry gets out of the Speed Force but you can assume with a show name like “The Flash” that he will.

Not many details are known about Season 4, but we do know a few basics. The main villain will be the Thinker, played by “The 100’s” Neil Sandilands, and their right hand the Mechanic, played by Kim Engelbrecht. We also know that Danny Trejo has been cast as Breacher, a bounty hunter and the father of Gypsy (Jessica Camacho), a character who was introduced last season.

With Tom Felton out as a series regular in Season 4, it’s nice to see somebody on Team Flash’s side for once. It’s also the first new metahuman that’s joined the team since Wally West — aka Kid Flash — got a hold of his powers in Season 3.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »
    Hartley Sawyer Cast as Longtime Flash Ally The Elongated Man on CW’s ‘The Flash’
    One of the Flash’s most beloved allies is coming to the CW in the fall.

The network announced Monday that Ralph Dibny aka the Elongated Man, will be joining the cast of “The Flash” in Season 4 as a recurring role.

Hartley Sawyer, who previously starred on CW Seed’s “Saving the Human Race,” has been cast as the hero who has the power to stretch his body into any shape or form.

Dibny is a fast-talking private investigator with amazing deduction skills. However, once he discovers what he can do, he uses his abilities to help Team Flash solve one of Central City’s greatest mysteries.

At the end of Season 3, Barry Allen sacrificed himself into the Speed Force, so the status of Team Flash is up in the air. A trailer released at Comic-Con shows that the group has at least been working together in some capacity since Barry’s disappearance. That even includes the reappearance of Caitlin Snow, who left the team to become Killer Frost last season.

We don’t know how Barry gets out of the Speed Force but you can assume with a show name like “The Flash” that he will.

Not many details are known about Season 4, but we do know a few basics. The main villain will be the Thinker, played by “The 100’s” Neil Sandilands, and their right hand the Mechanic, played by Kim Engelbrecht. We also know that Danny Trejo has been cast as Breacher, a bounty hunter and the father of Gypsy (Jessica Camacho), a character who was introduced last season.

With Tom Felton out as a series regular in Season 4, it’s nice to see somebody on Team Flash’s side for once. It’s also the first new metahuman that’s joined the team since Wally West — aka Kid Flash — got a hold of his powers in Season 3.

Dracomicron confirmed to only watch Danny Trejo episodes.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I really hope that Savitar is the final incarnation of the OMG THERE IS AN EVIL SPEEDSTER OMG THE SPEEDSTER WAS ONE OF US ALL ALONG storyline in the show. At this point they have exhausted it beyond belief.

Like, if they had to revert to Evil Barry then I think that should be a giant sign that they need to come up with something new, right? The only thing worse would be if they somehow made Barry's dad an Evil Speedster, or had his son from the future become an Evil Speedster who wants to go back in time to prevent himself from being born or something. And that's gotta be too absurd even for this show, right?

Oh god. That's going to be next season, isn't it.

• Options
    How many speedster bad guys are there in the comics?
    I know we haven't had The Whizzer yet, and I'm looking forward to the pee jokes. (He's a long streak of yellow)

• Options

I don't know, the two consistent things about this show are keeping secrets and Barry facing a speedster big bad, who may or may not be his evil mentor.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    How many speedster bad guys are there in the comics?
    I know we haven't had The Whizzer yet, and I'm looking forward to the pee jokes. (He's a long streak of yellow)

A few, but most of his villains aren't speedsters. They're burning through them quickly.

edit: I wonder if we'll get the storyline of John Fox's Flash. A Flash wannabe who comes from the future hunted by robot police who have super speed. He gets into a rivalry with Wally, including hitting on Linda! lol

John-Fox.jpg

Harry Dresden on
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Well, supposedly Grant Gustin and Candace Patton have both gone on record as not liking S3 either, so hopefully this means S4 will be an improvement. It worked on Arrow.
    Grant calls Barry the villain of the season, not even counting Savitar. Candace just calls it the season of "Damnit, Barry!".

sig.gif
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular

There is a reason there is a mem gif that says I don't go to explain nothing with a big speed force logo on it.

• Options