As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Flash]: New New Season

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    I think he was called Melting "Pot"

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I wish they'd switched the fire guys around.
    Snobby English Guy suddenly going psycho because he gets powers feels better than what we got.

That guy was definitely told to chew on the scenery, though. "Give me my monehh!"

He was still someone that I think could have been dropped with a few bullets to his center mass, though.
    Have him melt the bullets as they come towards him or something, but this makes the CCPD seem like the least trigger-happy cops in the country. Maybe they just assume that bullets won't work, but I think a police sniper could have dealt with a significant percentage of meta showdowns.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    I think he was called Melting "Pot"

Could be, searching further seems to have it both ways.

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    How did Melting Point even know he had the power to take powers away at that point?

Or did he not know that?

• Options
    How did Melting Point even know he had the power to take powers away at that point?

Or did he not know that?

I'm pretty sure he knew he could depower metas. He said he knew he had some gifts and felt it was his responsibility to use them to improve things.
    But the fact that he passed the powers onto the next person he touched seemed to surprise him.
    Which could make him remarkably in demand as a meta if the underground meta market is still around.
    Why spend money on a meta slave who may turn on you at the drop of a hat when you can just pay to get their powers transferred to you (or a trusted confidant of your choice)?

Cops would want him around too if he could find a way to safely drop the powers without just passing them on. All the Iron Heights special cells and assorted holding cages? A thing of the past, just "Got yo powers!" and throw them in gen pop.

• Options
    DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    see317 wrote: »

Or did he not know that?

I'm pretty sure he knew he could depower metas. He said he knew he had some gifts and felt it was his responsibility to use them to improve things.
    But the fact that he passed the powers onto the next person he touched seemed to surprise him.
    Which could make him remarkably in demand as a meta if the underground meta market is still around.
    Why spend money on a meta slave who may turn on you at the drop of a hat when you can just pay to get their powers transferred to you (or a trusted confidant of your choice)?

Cops would want him around too if he could find a way to safely drop the powers without just passing them on. All the Iron Heights special cells and assorted holding cages? A thing of the past, just "Got yo powers!" and throw them in gen pop.
    You've got a super optimistic view of cops there. They'd definitely depower anybody they got hold of but they'd slap those powers right onto their local SWAT equivalent.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
  • Options

Or did he not know that?

You've got a super optimistic view of cops there. They'd definitely depower anybody they got hold of but they'd slap those powers right onto their local SWAT equivalent.

Yeah, I know.
    But I'd think given how much trouble they've seen come from powers, they'd be a bit more careful about that kind of thing.

But hope springs eternal.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    So just caught up on the past couple episodes and the one before last really annoyed me for an episode that DeVoe wasn’t even in.
    I usually don’t have an issue with suspending disbelief, but for a show that makes its money having Barry complain about needing to go faster he did an awful lot of shit in 8 minutes. Including going super speed to throw lightning while austensibly already going super speed! He was already going faster than light, why did he have to fucking run?

We better never have to here him complain about not being fast enough again is all I’m saying.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    klemming wrote: »
    I wish they'd switched the fire guys around.
    Snobby English Guy suddenly going psycho because he gets powers feels better than what we got.

That guy was definitely told to chew on the scenery, though. "Give me my monehh!"

He was still someone that I think could have been dropped with a few bullets to his center mass, though.
    Have him melt the bullets as they come towards him or something, but this makes the CCPD seem like the least trigger-happy cops in the country. Maybe they just assume that bullets won't work, but I think a police sniper could have dealt with a significant percentage of meta showdowns.

I don’t know, new fire guy was delightful. That line and “Rock and roll!” both had me laughing. I love the notion of some regular person accidentally getting powers during a failed crime and deciding, “Yeah, that seemed like a good idea. He just didn’t want it enough.”

OneAngryPossum on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    I completely though that time bottle episode was going to resolve with figuring out how to
    find villian because hes the only one smart enough to stop the bomb. He doesn't want the city destroyed either.

Or did he not know that?

This is another one of those 'economy' breaking metas.
    You don't let the cops tell you when to swap power someone.

You get them on contract with a retainer where you "depower metas". You swap those powers into your private security force. It's none of the cops business.

Sell VIP protection and 'security consultants' for meta issues. The police's option is "build a facility to be able to contain any possible kind of meta that might potentially at some point exist" or "pay a retainer for a 100% success rate of removing powers"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    Could he create a super meta? Like, high five Barry, Cisco, Kaitlin and Ralph, then Joe, giving him all of their powers? A speedster breaching stretching frost meta? Or would that just pass each power down the line?

If nothing else this gives them a way to create an army of speedsters. They recreated the accident that gave Barry his powers once already after he lost them, so give Iris speedster powers, recreate the accident, give Joe speedster powers, recreate the accident, give Captain Singh speedster powers, recreate the accident...

klemming on
    Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular
    Barry telling Ralph
    We never kill. Ever.
    was high comedy, indeed.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Barry telling Ralph
    We never kill. Ever.
    was high comedy, indeed.
    Those episodes were clearly erased from the timeline.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    Man this and the arrow are bugging me this year. Just watching them fail over and over week after week and just waiting for the last episode wifey ex machina to appear and snatch some scrap of victory is just getting harder and harder to watch.

• Options
    AlphaRomeroAlphaRomero Registered User regular
    It's like Scott Buck and Scott Gimple got together to clandestinely make shit shows.

• Options
    OldSlackerOldSlacker Registered User regular
    Yeah. Supergirl is OK, but it feels like Legends just drained all fun out of all the other shows.

• Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Black Lightning had a kickass first season.

sig.gif
  • Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    I’m still enjoying the season, but the best part of it has just been taken off the board. I expect it’s not permanent, but it’s likely going to be a bummer until things get set aright.

Most recent episode spoilers:
    I’m an idiot and was briefly pleased by the idea that we’d at least get to enjoy Thinker Ralph as a character while fun Ralph was gone. Watching other characters play their Ralph versions has been one of the highlights this season, and it seemed like a fun continuation to turn that around a bit.

Completely forgot they’d already set the stage for the physical DeVoe return way back. Disappointed me. Ralph brings the camp, and that character needs way more camp.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    I’m still enjoying the season, but the best part of it has just been taken off the board. I expect it’s not permanent, but it’s likely going to be a bummer until things get set aright.

i think my wife put it best as we were watching the ending of last episode
    “Great, we’re going to get moody Barry again...” in response to how he was acting following Thinker getting Ralph.

They really need to give us a full season of mostly happy S1 Barry. It probably is the single best thing they could do to make a season enjoyable again.

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    I have to to admit that I was kinda surprised
    and very sad when Devoe killed Ralph. I guess I just did not expect anything to actually happen to Ralph.

Though I will also admit to later being happy about him shifting back into original Devoe form, because I had just been thinking that I was disappointed that they mostly dropped Neil Sandilands at midseason.

• Options
    MorblitzMorblitz Registered User regular
    kaceyp wrote: »
    I have to to admit that I was kinda surprised
    and very sad when Devoe killed Ralph. I guess I just did not expect anything to actually happen to Ralph.

Though I will also admit to later being happy about him shifting back into original Devoe form, because I had just been thinking that I was disappointed that they mostly dropped Neil Sandilands at midseason.
    I have a feeling they'll get Ralph back. His body is immune to the degradation that's been plaguing Davoe. I'll bet they'll discover that Ralphs consciousness is around there somewhere - maybe even dormant in Davoe? and they'll be able to bring him back.

3DS Pokemon Y Friend Code: 0645 5780 8920
    Please shoot me a PM if you add me so I know to add you back.
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm beginning to think that Earth 1 Laurel was the only non-evil Laurel.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »
    I'm beginning to think that Earth 1 Laurel was the only non-evil Laurel.

Or maybe she was just the best at hiding it.

• Options
    Two episodes left, and we still have the villain twiddling his thumbs saying that everything is going exactly as planned.

I'm glad we have a villain who's not a speedster, but the whole season feels very one note. We went from three seasons of villains grooming Barry to be more powerful for their own ulterior motive to having the exact same subplot but with Ralph. Only this time a lot more obvious on the reason why.

No doubt that the season will end on yet another cliff hanger where Barry ruins everything yet again.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Two episodes left, and we still have the villain twiddling his thumbs saying that everything is going exactly as planned.

I'm glad we have a villain who's not a speedster, but the whole season feels very one note. We went from three seasons of villains grooming Barry to be more powerful for their own ulterior motive to having the exact same subplot but with Ralph. Only this time a lot more obvious on the reason why.

No doubt that the season will end on yet another cliff hanger where Barry ruins everything yet again.

I'm still waiting for
    Dawn Allen
    to show up and do something useful.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    I am pretty sure this season ends with deus ex wifey being what defeats the thinker. Which is going to be anticlimatic as hell.

• Options
    Barry will have nothing to do with The Thinker's defeat, calling it now.

It'll still be The Flash though, because Iris.

sig.gif
  • Options
    They are pretty clearly telegraphing the wife of the thinker is becoming more and more aware that her husband has become a monster and winds up working with team flash to defeat him.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Everytime Snart shows up in Legends or the Flash I realize how much I miss him being around more.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    kaid wrote: »
    They are pretty clearly telegraphing the wife of the thinker is becoming more and more aware that her husband has become a monster and winds up working with team flash to defeat him.

Yeah, but the harder they lean into that the more I hope it's a misdirect.
    Like she's going to try and betray him to Team Flash somehow, and the Thinker's just going to say "You really didn't think I saw that coming?".

• Options
    kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    So near the end of this week's episode
    during the last therapy scene, I suddenly got the idea that at the end they would reveal that the therapist was Devoe, having shapeshifted so that he could attempt to understand Barry's emotions as a followup to the conversation with his wife. I think I'm a little disappointed that didn't actually happen.

• Options
    InvectivusInvectivus Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    X7lfdGo.jpg

so, this happened today..

Also got to see the entire Tom and Grant short. Very funny

Invectivus on
  • Options
    Wow, that ending was super dumb.
    Apparently, a teleporting shapeshifter has no way of hiding from the people who read Iris's website.

And it's not like he can just take the website down with his mad scientist powers or his technopathic abilities.

• Options
    Wow, that ending was super dumb.
    Apparently, a teleporting shapeshifter has no way of hiding from the people who read Iris's website.

And it's not like he can just take the website down with his mad scientist powers or his technopathic abilities.
    Or use said mad scientist/super genius/technopathic abilities to deliver fake information directly to team Flash.
    I mean, there's no way that could possibly be used to lure them all into an inescapable death trap, right?

• Options
    This season is dragging on. The villain is so boringly powerful and the Flash has been getting clowned on the entire time.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    To be fair, you could say that about seasons 2 and 3 as well.

I miss season 1 Flash.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    We just need a season without a big bad. Simple villain of the week episodes.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    McFodder wrote: »
    To be fair, you could say that about seasons 2 and 3 as well.

I miss season 1 Flash.

Yea, season two wasn't amazing but I was still pretty into it. Season 3 for me is where it was really dragging. Same kind of villain as the last two. Just not fun.

• Options
    So, who or what do we want to see in the next season?
    I mean, evil speedsters are pretty over done between Reverse Flash, Zoom, Savitar, some of them more than once.
    Evil super genius has been pretty dull so far. There's only so much "All according to plan" an audience can take, especially when we're seeing the same thing (with two different evil geniuses) on Arrow.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Snart come back, but he's apparently dead for reals(tm) this time and good Snart went back to their post-Nazi Earth.

So, in an ideal world, where does Flash go from here?

• Options
    Meta of the week, hopefully.

sig.gif