Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[The Flash]: New New Season

1161718192022»

• CptHamiltonCptHamilton Registered User regular
    Enjoyed ep 1 of the new season...
    I think the Speed Force must directly interfere with the part of speedsters' brains that handles rational decision-making as regards time travel hijinks.

I did really appreciate, though, that when they discovered time travel shenanigans were underfoot they immediately reached out to their friends who have a time ship and do time travel hijinks for a living. It always annoys me when one of the Arrowverse teams runs into a problem that obviously calls for the expertise/abilities of one of the others and nobody says, like, "Hey, our friend who can breath in space and isn't a dark-matter-based metahuman could probably help us prevent the end of human intelligence pretty easily, or 'Oh, dude man planted bombs all over the city? Welp, good thing I have a speedster on speed-dial...'

PSN,Steam,Live | CptHamiltonian
    LostNinjaToxKashaarSorce
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I totally geeked out a the reveal of the
    Suit ring

see317Gnizmo
    Wow so did everybody check out? I'm loving this season so far! It's been so good IMO. And the actor that plays wells is knocking it out again. He is playing sherloque wells, a spin in sherlock holmes. A french detective. So good.

There's a lot of story lines going on but the main one has been interesting as are the side ones. In loving cisco Ralph and cait. Ralph has been humorous as always and cisco is up to form if you ask me. I'm curious where they're going with the killer frost angle and the first half villain seems interesting.

Did I mention they name dropped justice league?

And since nobody is watching or checking this thread, Barry finally has his ring suit which was a total geek out moment. And they're brining g back things from season one that are still plot points.

I enjoyed last seasons flash although I did marathon the last half on Netflix. This season has been exactly what flash fans want if you ask ne.

• SorceSorce Registered User regular
    I dropped after the second episode because as much as I like Nora, I give no fucks about the main villain.

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    Sorce wrote: »
    I dropped after the second episode because as much as I like Nora, I give no fucks about the main villain.

It's only the first half so it's not going to be the main villain. I've found it interesting because it's not a speedster and they've made him out to be a big threat. They name dropped the justice League as having never caught him.

I know nothing of him so maybe he's a lam character and lame in the comics, but a serial killer story line is perfect with the fall here. He reminds me a little of alchemy but I enjoyed alchemy before the obvious reveal.

And did I mention Sherloque Wells? The show is worth it for him alone.

• madparrotmadparrot Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Huh - apparently Rag Doll, played by Troy James, was not CGI for the most part

madparrot on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    madparrot wrote: »
    Huh - apparently Rag Doll, played by Troy James, was not CGI for the most part

That's impressive and disturbing to watch.
    I mean, we saw the CGI they use when Elongated Man was doing his Spider-man impression. It's fairly good quality for a TV show, but it's still obviously CGI, and that's for a regular character.
    I was trying to figure out where they got a budget for Rag Doll cgi of such a superior quality considering he's likely a one or two time character who may make a cameo in some future episode when it's necessary for someone to walk through a meta prison.

I guess it was cheaper to just find a dude without bones.

Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
  • XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I'm not surprised really, it did seem to me like mostly stuff that a contortionist could do. The crab walking and fitting into a box and all that. With edits to make it more jerky maybe and the obvious CGI for head spinning and flattening and stuff.

I liked him, he's creepy. Catching a bad guy that hides in air ducts isn't really The Flash's specialty, is it? Nice to see more creative ways around Barry's overwhelming power that's not him standing around looking confused and getting sneak attacked.

Stragint
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    OK, the
    Victor Fries
    name drop was unexpected but cool.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    kaceypTox
  • kaceypkaceyp we stayed bright as lightning we sang loud as thunderRegistered User regular
    So re this past episode, I like Cecile a bunch but
    cop """hilariously""" tries to intimidate an employee into giving up information without a warrant is not something I'm interested in seeing these days. And oh look! He of course only resisted because he's a dirty criminal!

Tox
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    As soon as Cisco said "outer space", I knew everything was doomed right there.

Tox