As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halloween thread of spookiness 2016

2»

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »
    I can't decide what halloween related movie I want to watch tonight and time is running out.

Ghostbusters.
    So It Goes wrote: »
    I can't decide what halloween related movie I want to watch tonight and time is running out.

Hocus Pocus

Already did those. Halloween, Friday the 13th. Elm Street. The staples have all been taken care of.

HM.

Are you drinking tonight?

Doubtful.

I haven't seen Scream in a really long time. That could be appropriate!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

Ghostbusters.

Hocus Pocus

Already did those. Halloween, Friday the 13th. Elm Street. The staples have all been taken care of.

Scream

Ooh!

Scream + Cabin In the Woods!

Trope dissection marathon.

(...Or just get really drunk and watch Leprechaun 4: In Space)

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    the fam went as PJ Masks, a group of kid superheroes:

Tu8dGHMl.png

sarah was luna girl, a villain from the show:

latest?cb=20160519223933

30067579663_f47c1a43b5.jpg

(catboy in the pic is sarah's brother, in town for halloween)

30664744176_3e4d759e6a.jpg

30401555970_9c0b8e42d1.jpg

30069687034_6fc7408822.jpg

and then the inescapable meltdown

30067580263_9b2b9b19a8.jpg

skippydumptruck on
  • Options
    1900 hours.

Approximate number of neighborhood trick or treaters remains 0.

*greedily eyes Halloween candy*

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I went as a spooky overdressed dude to a wedding on Saturday! It was meant to be semi-casual but one of the buttons on my shirt had fallen off so instead I just threw on the full suit+tie to hide it.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    So, seeing as Halloween is Mrs. Hedgie's favorite holiday, we're celebrating it at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween at the Magic Kingdom as part of our honeymoon. They've had treat stations around the park, and have been shoveling candy into our treat bags. At Tom Sawyer Island, they were giving out Peeps. So I said "Peep me."

The cast members took that as a challenge.

Other than that, the shows have been great, especially the fireworks. We're waiting for the parade now.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options

Hocus Pocus

That was the theme of the stage show in front of Cinderella's Castle!

• Options
    So, seeing as Halloween is Mrs. Hedgie's favorite holiday, we're celebrating it at Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween at the Magic Kingdom as part of our honeymoon. They've had treat stations around the park, and have been shoveling candy into our treat bags. At Tom Sawyer Island, they were giving out Peeps. So I said "Peep me."

Other than that, the shows have been great, especially the fireworks. We're waiting for the parade now.

That's awesome!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Lol a dad dressed like trump just came up to the door to tell me he didn't like my lawn sign!

His wife was dressed as Hillary tho hehe

• Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular

Trick 'r Treat is a really solid halloween movie.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options

That's awesome!

We both have a full candy bag, and a good start on a second. And that's with regular snacking!

• Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    Ahhh the cutest little storm trooper came to the door "twick or tweat"

His dad was Kylo Ren awwwww

• Options
    First trick or treater arrived.

Teenager with a bedsheet thrown over himself. Literally the most low effort costume I recall ever seeing.

I surrendered some of the candy to him, but I am not happy about it.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    We watched Trick R Treat. That movie is still great!

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    I dissected mosquitoes for five hours????

They were infected with Zikaaaa so I guess that's scary?

(I did not do anything for halloween this year, which is perhaps the scariest part of this story!)

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    I have picked my Shitty Horror Movie of the Night, partially influenced by the We Hate Movies podcast.

Halloween H20: 20 Years Later.

First time watching it since ~2000.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Arch wrote: »
    I dissected mosquitoes for five hours????

They were infected with Zikaaaa so I guess that's scary?

(I did not do anything for halloween this year, which is perhaps the scariest part of this story!)

You haven't even cured Zika yet?

What kind of loafer scientist are you?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Around 6 we had a 12 year old witch come by.
    Around 6:30 we had 3 4-5 year olds dressed as a cheerleader, a lady bug, and a bee + a baby in a carriage dressed as something furry.
    Then nothing for a while...
    Then at 9:30 a couple of 15 year olds dressed a Wonder Woman and Jack Skellington. Saying "we are the last ones out here". My wife goes after that "i think they are hitting up houses to claim all remaining candy".
    Then a couple of minutes later a neighbor, i think he us 12, as Harry Potter, with his mom, who was trying to hurry him along.
    That was that.
    We forgot to put any decorations up though other than uncarved pumpkins.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    At some point in the evening I also realized i hadn't been to a Holoween party in like 12 years and that's kind of depressing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Raiden333 wrote: »
    I have picked my Shitty Horror Movie of the Night, partially influenced by the We Hate Movies podcast.

Raiden333 wrote: »

After seeing Ruth Wilson on Colbert tonight i've switched to her new movie

I Am The Pretty Thing That Lives in the House

she described it as a sort of low key horror as if one note of dread were being played over and over again in a poetic fashion. that's a good send off to this years Halloween.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    We had a chase who loves his fireman boots and our daughter is a teenager. tcs3d2erj6f2.jpg

And some pumpkins.

Mom2Kat on
  • Options
    Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Okay phone post fail. Here is a teenager and her brother

Gah I suck at this.

Mom2Kat on
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I almost had my first adult Halloween this year! I have been working Halloween almost every year but now that I live in civilization there was a Halloween bar crawl in Seattle last week I was able to go do which is the closest I've gotten to being able to dress up and raise hell on this holiday.

In standard me fashion I kinda overachieved on my costume a bit. :D
    z2r3Qu0.jpg
    CBX9b3a.jpg
    And then I got drunk, snagged a friend's wig, and started walking around like Post-Apoc Dave Mustaine.
    p1rTTPH.jpg

TOGSolid on
    wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    First time my wife (still feels funny saying that!) carved pumpkins, and she did quite well! (although the first one was following a pattern)

oxQdRrh.jpg

Got a bit over 50 trick or treaters, which was upper end of what we were expecting (first year handing candy out - we went camping last year instead). Had to turn the lights off early-ish (about 8:15) since we ran out. There was one family where the four kids (all young) basically grabbed handfuls, so...yeah. Not really sure how to admonish them? The parents stayed back at the sidewalk and let the kids have their fun, which was fine. Any advice for future years?

• Options
    Jragghen wrote: »
    First time my wife (still feels funny saying that!) carved pumpkins, and she did quite well! (although the first one was following a pattern)

oxQdRrh.jpg

Got a bit over 50 trick or treaters, which was upper end of what we were expecting (first year handing candy out - we went camping last year instead). Had to turn the lights off early-ish (about 8:15) since we ran out. There was one family where the four kids (all young) basically grabbed handfuls, so...yeah. Not really sure how to admonish them? The parents stayed back at the sidewalk and let the kids have their fun, which was fine. Any advice for future years?

A good solution to this is to control the candy source. Don't let the kids access the bowl; grab the treats for them and dole it out in the quantities you want so it'll last out the evening (this also allows you to be terribly mischievous and award more candy to younger tots).

With Love and Courage