As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Secret Satans 2016 - GIFTING COMPLETE!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Sent wave one tonight. Wave two will be sent it next month but hey, at least you don't have to wait it'll November like goose! Did

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    @Xaquin you magnificent person! I got your gifts! (Sorry I didn't get to it for a few days, I've been pretty run down from work so I hadn't bothered to check my mailbox).

xaquin3_zpsgrn8myfu.png

Mysterious gifts from under the sea! What could they be?

xaquin4_zps8og4dewf.png

Blurays of Venture Bros. Season 6 and Adventure Time Season 6!! Thank you so much Xaquin!

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Man, I love that Spongebob wrapping paper

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Merry Christmas!

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    @Xaquin Please tell me you sent the 6th season of another show so that it would be a 6 6 6 Gift

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    A parcel has arrived! It is full of further nerdery!

Ignore my crazy frankenstein pillows in the background.

juZR5dxl.jpg
    So me and this book go way back. I used to work at a Barnes and Noble and we got access to some pre-release books that got sent out and we got a pre-release copy of this book. And I read through it and totally loved it. Then I loaned it to my brother and he loved it! Then he loaned it to his girlfriend and... they broke up and I never got it back. I've been wanting to get it back ever since! It's one of those things that I never got around to picking up for some reason or another. But now I have it!

ylWj0tvl.jpg
    This book right here! So, for those of you who don't know, I am on and usually DM for a group of folks on a podcast. We've done a bunch of different game systems. We haven't gotten too involved in 5e just yet since we've been working through some other settings and such. But last year I was given the whole starter set (PHB, DMG, and MM) and my CF secret santa gave me a rad book called Volo's Guide to Monsters that has all sorts of background info on beasties like social structure and housing arrangements and all that detailed field journal stuff. The Curse of Strahd says it goes up to level 10 and while I don't always go straight from an adventure book, I do like to pull lots of set pieces and ideas and baddies from them, so this will be an immense help.

hhQIotXl.jpg
    Thanks again for your crazy generosity, Satan!

So now we're at a PSN gift card, The Martian, Dead Sea, and The Curse of Strahd.
    You've gotten me so many rad things and I still don't know who you are!

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    My sins are in the outbound mail! It's a relief to know I can't screw it up anymore, because it's done!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    @Xaquin Please tell me you sent the 6th season of another show so that it would be a 6 6 6 Gift

I

Dammit

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Is Amazon broken for anyone else right now? Everything I try to add to my cart disappears and shows up as unavailable.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    Is Amazon broken for anyone else right now? Everything I try to add to my cart disappears and shows up as unavailable.

For me, EVERYTHING just shows as "Currently Unavailable" from Amazon.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Yeah they're having issues

• Options
    KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    A parcel has arrived! It is full of further nerdery!

Ignore my crazy frankenstein pillows in the background.

juZR5dxl.jpg
    So me and this book go way back. I used to work at a Barnes and Noble and we got access to some pre-release books that got sent out and we got a pre-release copy of this book. And I read through it and totally loved it. Then I loaned it to my brother and he loved it! Then he loaned it to his girlfriend and... they broke up and I never got it back. I've been wanting to get it back ever since! It's one of those things that I never got around to picking up for some reason or another. But now I have it!

ylWj0tvl.jpg
    This book right here! So, for those of you who don't know, I am on and usually DM for a group of folks on a podcast. We've done a bunch of different game systems. We haven't gotten too involved in 5e just yet since we've been working through some other settings and such. But last year I was given the whole starter set (PHB, DMG, and MM) and my CF secret santa gave me a rad book called Volo's Guide to Monsters that has all sorts of background info on beasties like social structure and housing arrangements and all that detailed field journal stuff. The Curse of Strahd says it goes up to level 10 and while I don't always go straight from an adventure book, I do like to pull lots of set pieces and ideas and baddies from them, so this will be an immense help.

hhQIotXl.jpg
    Thanks again for your crazy generosity, Satan!

So now we're at a PSN gift card, The Martian, Dead Sea, and The Curse of Strahd.
    You've gotten me so many rad things and I still don't know who you are!

It's not my fault that I broke up with her. Your books ain't the boss of my heart!

• Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    Last night I got a text from Satan telling me my package would arrive Monday, so imagine my surprise when I went outside to shovel snow this morning and found this waiting on the porch.

pd9pff4xn36k.jpg

Tricked again by the Prince of Lies. Well played, Satan. I cracked it open right away, and oh boy, what a haul!

f0xl0y1m6iyq.jpg

First up is a book I've wanted for a long time, All Yesterdays. It's about speculative soft-body reconstructions of prehistoric animals, and it launched a bit of a revolution in the worlds of paleobiology and paleoart when it was first published. If anyone is interested, you can see a few art samples from it in this article.

rlcsnu32wkk1.jpg

But the dinosaurs don't stop there. I also got this model of an ankylosaur, which is the best kind of dinosaur. I will brook no argument on this issue.

hke4p1lsw2y7.jpg

Satan was also kind enough to send me new running socks, which I desperately needed since my old running socks looked like this:
    ipppzrapojyl.jpg

ufvshv1neqci.jpg

Finally, the Dark Lord himself has seen fit to recognize me as a Pokemon Master, sending me a full set of badges from the Kanto region. I'm very excited about this one, and I'm trying to come up with a cool way to display them. Would it be too much to get a shadow box?

6ryz8xu560t1.jpg

The whole set. I can't express how excited I am for these gifts. There was no note in the package, though, so Satan's identity remains a mystery. If he's out there watching, I just want to say thank you, Satan, whoever you are, and I hope you have as much joy in your holidays as you've brought to mine.

I have a twitter.
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    @Charmy your Satan is very happy to see that you like the stuff he sent
    He is relieved to find that after three shipment and customs stops, all items are present and intact
    You know
    Whoever he is

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Yo @Mortal Sky , just to let you know if you were going to send anything else, I'm leaving for Canada from the 22 to 27, and then Vegas for work from the 28 to the 6th

If there's anything planned to arrive between those dates let me know so I can get someone to watch for packages for me! :)

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    SATANEEEEEEEE

Your gifts have been ordered with an expected delivery date of 12/21/2016!!!

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    My Satan should get 1 gift this week, and the other after Christmas due to backorder. Then another gift set in mid to late January

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    As I left for the evening last night, I saw a strange package sitting upon the front porch of my apartment building. There was something strange and unnatural about the way it sat there, and I quickly abandoned it. I was expecting no packages, and the delivery man knows better than to leave anything intended for me upon the front porch.

1_zpsms1p7fep.jpg
    When I returned from my engagement, the package had disappeared. I breathed a sigh of relief, for as small a thing as it had been, it had lingered on my mind the entire evening. The ghastly way it had perched upon the porch, as if it had been a hunting cat, back arched with murderous purpose and waiting to pounce. I entered the small hallway that led to my apartment, and my sigh was quickly sucked back into my throat. There it lay, leaned gently against my front door. It was the same package, unmistakable, adorned with the runic indicators, 1B2 B01.

2_zps1p5x1rzh.jpg

I had no choice but to take the parcel in with me, and determined that I would resolve it in the morning. I cast it upon my table, and, as my eyelids grew heavy, abandoned it there, its sinister brown wrappings discordant with the cheerful Christmas colors that filled the rest of the room.

3_zpsvz3zukcm.jpg

That night as I slept, I dreamt of horrible things. Strange monsters, uncertain in form and shape, alien in purpose, but most undoubtedly evil, filled with malice from beyond human reckoning. I awoke from these dreadful nightmares with a start, and, in the shadows of my bedroom, I saw something wrong

4_zpsx3slxczk.jpg

Quickly I reached for the lamp of my bedside table, desperate for the return of blessed light. I have never been a man to be afeared of the darkness, but the events of this evening had assuredly rattled me.

5_zpsorznb7ji.jpg

Nothing. There was nothing there. Everything in my bedroom was left exactly as I remembered it. I turned off the light, confident in my solitude and questioning my sanity.

6_zpst0f5zix7.jpg

Unable to sleep, I let my eyes acclimate to the darkness. I stared at the ceiling, endlessly weary and yet unable to actually sleep. And then, the ripping began. A dreadful popping sound, the sound of dozens of strings breaking, snapping one by sinister one. I saw it then, the portentous parcel, its threaded tape ripping itself open at the foot of my bed.

7_zpsilimpxnm.jpg

With one final snap, it was broken. The flaps to the box lay open, sharing its infernal horrors. I gazed into it, and knew what it was. I knew what had come for me.

8_zpseibaym9q.jpg

Unwilling to accept the reality of my situation, I turned from it, shutting my eyes and tearing myself away from the land of the waking. My heart pounded, my pores ran with sweat, my breath came fast, my chest heaving with fear, in and out, in and out, in and- a weight landed on my chest, stopping my frantic breathing. No longer able to pretend that I was trapped in a hellish dream, I slowly opened my eyes.

10_zpsdo3kslv3.jpg

I saw it then, in all of its glory. I had been wrong to deny that which He had given to me. Satan had bestowed his gift upon me, it was for me and I for it.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Satan has laid blessings upon me!
    By sending me a couple of things from my wish list! I like all of the things on that list! That's why they're on there!

First there was this sick hoodie

u82x36lwuanf.jpg
    Satan told me I should keep warm in this Canadian winter. Good advice, Dark Lord!

Next there was this very nice heavy duty camping chair
    150239.jpg
    He told me I should sit upon this throne and feel the power. The throne is yours, Lord, the power is yours.

These are great! Please reveal yourself so I can properly thank you!

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    Alright, my first packages are finally sent after probably way too much dilly dallying. Third one will be on its way some time in the indeterminate future.

Also, I just spent way more on shipping than I was expecting to! I'm just not going to try not to think about it!

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Another gift!
    jjEVezFl.jpg
    Holy shit Satan, you've already gotten me so much stuff and now this?

XvYq1MGl.jpg
    This thing is so cool! It's got a butane powered soldering iron (I'm an electrical + computer engineer and this will make any circuit work a lot lot better than using my dinky old school soldering iron
    Also it's got a regular dremel with a box with a buncha tips in it and also an engraver so I can carve stuff into other stuff!

My wife is into crafty things and stuff and this will see a lot of use once our workroom is freed up and not full of furniture we are holding for folks until they can move back into their house post-flood.

SATAN I STILL DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE, though. Please reveal yourself! Also if you happen to go to PAX south please let me know so I can buy you some beer and/or dinner or something.

Seriously this whole gift is so rad and I'm blown away. Thank you for your generosity and helping to put some shine on a real assy last few months.

You're the best. This forum is also the best.

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    oh my fucking god that's amazing

8406wWN.png
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    I have received the gift for which I was scanning the horizon. It's pretty much super great.
    So, a giant rectangle arrived!
    Pqq7qK4.jpg

Inside the giant rectangle was this trapezoid.
    ceEd9sX.jpg

Inside of this trapezoid, was this guitar-shaped soft case!
    VKwYH5H.jpg

Which, not too surprisingly, contained this beautiful guitar:
    UCGrlq2.jpg

And bonus gift for the cat:

BLFRSh0.jpg

@godmode, I feel like "thank you" isn't enough words to express how appreciative I am. I lost all my guitars when my house flooded, including my mom's Gibson, so this gift was perfect. Thank you so much.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Aw man a butane soldering iron

I recently realized the solder I had had too high a melting point for my little hobby iron. So I bought some lead solder and it just completely changed the game. It made soldering SO EASY. Having an iron that gets hot enough turns tinkering with electronics from frustrating to fascinating.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    I have received the gift for which I was scanning the horizon. It's pretty much super great.
    Pqq7qK4.jpg

ceEd9sX.jpg

VKwYH5H.jpg

UCGrlq2.jpg

BLFRSh0.jpg

@godmode, I feel like "thank you" isn't enough words to express how appreciative I am. I lost all my guitars when my house flooded, including my mom's Gibson, so this gift was perfect. Thank you so much.

Amazon kinda spoiled the surprise, but I'm glad you like it! Sorry about your house though :/

• Options
    edited December 2016
    Ayup

Erin The Red on
  • Options
    N1tSt4lkerN1tSt4lker Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »
    Pqq7qK4.jpg

ceEd9sX.jpg

VKwYH5H.jpg

UCGrlq2.jpg

BLFRSh0.jpg

Amazon kinda spoiled the surprise, but I'm glad you like it! Sorry about your house though :/

Yeah, Amazon did a little bit. haha. But still, I wasn't getting my hopes up just in case that last gift wasn't a guitar. I like it a lot!
    Thanks. It's been quite an adventure that I would rather have avoided, to say the least, but now I have some interesting to stories to tell, so there's that. haha

• Options
    JimBobtheMonkeyJimBobtheMonkey Registered User regular
    I received a package today!
    AWghGynl.jpg
    Three things from Hell's Kitchen in Minneapolis! Housemade Peanut Butter, Housemade Rib Rub/Bloody Mary Rim, and a sweet cookbook!
    A Chromecast!
    A pair of double-six dice!
    A bag of wild rice!

Rc9QKY6l.jpg
    There was also a card!

rFkOby1l.jpg
    My cat trying to look innocent a few seconds after knocking one of the dice under my couch.

Thanks so much @Perrsun all of this is great. I actually got a chuckle out of the bag of rice. Two years ago I had my brother bring me some wild rice for Christmas because I couldn't find any here in town. I've been thinking about picking up a chromecast too, and I'm about to go make some toast to try out that peanut butter right now. A+ Sataning

• Options
    Hey whoever is my Satan, who are you? Not knowing is driving me nuts

• Options
    I received a package today!
    AWghGynl.jpg
    Three things from Hell's Kitchen in Minneapolis! Housemade Peanut Butter, Housemade Rib Rub/Bloody Mary Rim, and a sweet cookbook!
    A Chromecast!
    A pair of double-six dice!
    A bag of wild rice!

Rc9QKY6l.jpg
    There was also a card!

rFkOby1l.jpg
    My cat trying to look innocent a few seconds after knocking one of the dice under my couch.

Thanks so much @Perrsun all of this is great. I actually got a chuckle out of the bag of rice. Two years ago I had my brother bring me some wild rice for Christmas because I couldn't find any here in town. I've been thinking about picking up a chromecast too, and I'm about to go make some toast to try out that peanut butter right now. A+ Sataning

Glad you like it. It's funny... not 10 minutes after making my last post here saying I couldn't screw it up anymore, I realize I screwed up and didn't explain that wild rice is a thing here, but you know about it so hooray!

You also have at least 1 more gift inbound. It's not exactly "flashy" but because of where I work I get a pretty good employee discount on certain products, and it has become a tradition that everybody gets one, wether they need it or not.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Act II

In the time since the first package arrived I have pored myself into its study. I've barely found time to sleep or to eat, and my mind has become feverish with the possibilities that my dark benefactor has unlocked in me. And yet, I have found no answers. I have worked myself to the ragged bone, and for what? I can see everything now, but for what purpose? For what reason does this all exist?

I was interrupted from my reverie by the sound of footsteps quickly retreating from my front door. Hurriedly, I rushed and opened it. The person had disappeared, but left behind was another mysterious package.

1_zpsz5lx4nze.jpg

I tore into it, ripping open the scabbed over sores that had formed on my hands these past few days. The cardboard was rough and unyielding, but I could not wait, could not spare the effort to find the proper way to open it.

3_zpsbqwvgfm6.jpg

The cardboard bonds were burst, and true to my expectation, it was a message sent from his dark magnificence. He truly still favored me, He still desired the best of me, my devotion was true, my obsession with his words and works had not been in vain.

5_zpsgwhwzkyf.jpg

His Bloody Project! Of course! The blood was the key, the blood that poured from my very hands. But it was not enough, the Gate was greater than the sum of the key. I alone would not be able to provide the blood that he required for his project. I must seek others, others like me, and if there were no other, none touched by his magnificence, then I would seek to create them. I would spread His dark works, I would create the world that He desired, and which I desired for him. I would be the vessel for His energy, in His righteous name I shall become a shepherd of-

final_zpskiutjc3n.jpg

sheep, apparently.

Perhaps I misinterpreted some of these signals. But if this is what he wants for me, this is what I shall do.

Thank you @Jasconius, these gifts are all fantastic. I am super excited to play these games and read this book.

• Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    Hey whoever is my Satan, who are you? Not knowing is driving me nuts

Some Satans like to remain anonymous too, don't forget.

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    I mean, "Secret" is right there in the name

• Options
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    My final gift to my Satanee sits in the living room, awaiting to be sealed and taken to the post office later this afternoon.

But, for now, bedtime.

Soon, my Satanee. Soon.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Gifts ordered!

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    Apparently a package has arrived at my parents house. I am currently staying with my brother and then will be going to see extended family for the days over xmas itself so won't be back at theirs until the 27th. But just so my Satan knows, if it is from them, that it has arrived safely and the delay in hearing anything is down to me touring the country to see family.

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Whoa hey, a box as arrived!
    0QKALBU.jpg

Let's take an inventory...

1) Small batch bourbon barreled gin. This sounds awesome can't wait to try it (after work)
    2) Japanese cookbook. I think it looks great. I've got a japanese rice maker and now i can put it to the test
    3) A set of what I believe are japanese soup bowls right? I will refer to them as "the fancy bowls"
    4) Assorted collection of japanese snacks. This is very exciting. I love to try these things. One of them appears to be... crabs? Are these real crabs? I'm going to have to get out my translator app on these packages to find out

Thank you @Rankenphile for these gifts and also the great care that was taken in gift wrapping each and every one of them. I think they're perfect.

Woooo

Jasconius on
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    BIG

GIN

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    D'asses

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List