As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Secret Satans 2016 - GIFTING COMPLETE!

1161718192022»

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    It's been a pleasure to serve as imp for darkness again this season! You all warm my heart so much and have made this an easier time to get through.

Love y'all.

• The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Glad it got there okay. Couldn't swing the virgils, but the Ale 81s more uncommon .
    My advice is to drink them cold, and never more 1 or 2 a day!

We've got Virgil's root beer here, but I haven't see Ale 81 here before. They're very good. And drink sodas maybe once every week or two at most, so they'll last a while.

BLM - ACAB
  • fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    It's been a pleasure to serve as imp for darkness again this season! You all warm my heart so much and have made this an easier time to get through.

Love y'all.

you and @Brolo did fine work this year! thank you!

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    @KetBra STAAAAAAAHHHP!!!

So background: I was, as mentioned, away from the States until the end of January, so I had to rely on second hand reports about whether my SS gifts had come in. Some items turned up, it sounded like secret Satan stuff - so, all good! Except when I got back, it turned out the parcels were just items I'd ordered for myself after leaving. Oh no! Were my packages stolen? Taken in for safe keeping by a neighbour? Lost by a nefarious postal system?

Well long story short, apparently I hadn't changed my wish list registry address from my work to my home. But before we'd hammered this out, KetBra, being a spectacularly overly generous dude, sent me emergency make-up gifts. So now I'm getting a positive INFLUX of giftage!! Help!

I've had a pretty tricky week, so it's taken me until now to document this deluge, sorry!

First off, some books I'd been wanting for simply yonks
    i6pfphpwxgl5.jpgx6pf18bi3c5l.jpg

Second off, a fascinating, highly relevant book by a HATED RIVAL LAB* yessss I can find out what they screwed up**
    koi7yjte0rdq.jpg
    *not actually hated
    ** probably not much

and a Bridgemans! Do you know how much I need this? oh maaaaan you wouldn't BELIEVE how much I need this
    aawyn344s4o6.jpg
    Then, just when I figured Satan's work was surely done, this turned up
    thrxr2nx6bd2.jpg

It's not just a throw. It's not just a REALLY WARM throw (and by god do I need this to cope with these New England winters). No, it's a friggin' REINDEER THROW!!!
    I shall be snug as a tundra-dweeling caribou and I cannot thank you enough! this is awesome!

... BUT WAIT

THERE WAS MORE

WHAT THE HELL???
    yp1jsn3mzuz9.jpg
    A Wusthof! one of the greatest bread knives!
    I have already used it to slice some VERY crusty sourdough and it moved through that crust like friggin' butter. Unbelievable.

and THEN tonight I got David Mitchell's biography in the mail (didn't take a picture yet)
    so now I had to quickly post to say KETBRA STOP IT'S TOO MUCH!!!

(thank you!)
    (so much!)

• cabsycabsy the fattest rainbow unicorn Registered User regular
    I have been remiss in uploading my own photos because plague and lazy but also because, well. I opened my presents the night we got back from PAX, already plague-ridden and exhausted, and my cat decided to celebrate by puking all over the package while I was asleep. Fortunately the actual gifts made it out unscathed but the adorable card was beyond saving, I really liked the saying that was on it but all I can remember is something about fish and prawns, and a very lovely note about where each of these things came from

before the pukening - you can see the lazer eye of a likely culprit
    ws8q3ciwb9dl.jpg

a dinosaur notebook and a chunky necklace! dinosaurs are Very Cool and I like the necklace
    csgdx07j56po.jpg

blurb on the back of the notebook about the person who made the design
    xqatkw6ab6tt.jpg

Kanji patiently modeling my new necklace, because I look like garbage right now
    jvhf5bkptay6.jpg

• KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »
    @KetBra STAAAAAAAHHHP!!!

So background: I was, as mentioned, away from the States until the end of January, so I had to rely on second hand reports about whether my SS gifts had come in. Some items turned up, it sounded like secret Satan stuff - so, all good! Except when I got back, it turned out the parcels were just items I'd ordered for myself after leaving. Oh no! Were my packages stolen? Taken in for safe keeping by a neighbour? Lost by a nefarious postal system?

Well long story short, apparently I hadn't changed my wish list registry address from my work to my home. But before we'd hammered this out, KetBra, being a spectacularly overly generous dude, sent me emergency make-up gifts. So now I'm getting a positive INFLUX of giftage!! Help!

I've had a pretty tricky week, so it's taken me until now to document this deluge, sorry!

First off, some books I'd been wanting for simply yonks
    i6pfphpwxgl5.jpgx6pf18bi3c5l.jpg

Second off, a fascinating, highly relevant book by a HATED RIVAL LAB* yessss I can find out what they screwed up**
    koi7yjte0rdq.jpg
    *not actually hated
    ** probably not much

and a Bridgemans! Do you know how much I need this? oh maaaaan you wouldn't BELIEVE how much I need this
    aawyn344s4o6.jpg
    Then, just when I figured Satan's work was surely done, this turned up
    thrxr2nx6bd2.jpg

It's not just a throw. It's not just a REALLY WARM throw (and by god do I need this to cope with these New England winters). No, it's a friggin' REINDEER THROW!!!
    I shall be snug as a tundra-dweeling caribou and I cannot thank you enough! this is awesome!

... BUT WAIT

THERE WAS MORE

WHAT THE HELL???
    yp1jsn3mzuz9.jpg
    A Wusthof! one of the greatest bread knives!
    I have already used it to slice some VERY crusty sourdough and it moved through that crust like friggin' butter. Unbelievable.

and THEN tonight I got David Mitchell's biography in the mail (didn't take a picture yet)
    so now I had to quickly post to say KETBRA STOP IT'S TOO MUCH!!!

(thank you!)
    (so much!)

Oh hey I totally didn't see this!

Glad you liked the stuff!

There should be one more box that hopefully didn't get pummelled mercilessly as one of the items was just a bit too big for it

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I had a shitty day at work today, but came home to a mysterious package. It was from my Secret Satan who, as it turns out is @Brovid Hasselsmof ! Thank you smof for the gift of pokemon! Happy holidays!

Bucketman on
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    You are most welcome. Sorry to hear you had a shitty day!

• BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    A message from @Smart Hero
    Wanted to be sure @Matev got credit, final gift arrived.

0IVxxae.jpg

If you don't mind posting a thank you, let'em know I'm super grateful and excited to read this since I heard about it on NPR a while back!

Brolo on