As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I did not [chat] her!

JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp.I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh9lC7IBJvI

From the last thread:
Jacobkosh wrote: »
I'm a bit late to the party on this, but I just started reading Greg Sestero's The Disaster Artist, about the making of The Room (which Sestero was in, as "Mark" of "o hi Mark" fame). I haven't even seen The Room, per my skepticism about sitting through bad movies, and I wasn't sure if this would be an interesting read or just a weird obsessive look at a bit of pop culture flotsam...but for some reason I was curious, and it turns out the book is actually terrific.

It's simultaneously a history of the filming of this terrible movie, a character portrait of Tommy Wiseau, who is a uniquely bizarre person, and the story of Sestero himself as an occasional actor on the fringes of Hollywood as well as Wiseau's friend (which often sounds more like being his caseworker). It's well-written and very funny and has an interesting thematic unity that you sometimes don't find in narrative nonfiction, about ambitions and the cost of pursuing or not pursuing them. Sestero starts out kind of shy and uncommitted, and through hanging out with the very off-kilter Wiseau, learns to start taking the initiative more, chasing his ambitions harder, and ends up making mistakes and burning himself in the process. I'm curious, when I get to the end, if he'll conclude if it was worth it or not.

This book is pretty great and Sestero's Wiseau impression is on point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K40IToeN51Y

The best story from the book so far has absolutely nothing to do with The Room, though.

Several years before The Room began shooting in 2002, Tommy Wiseau, after meeting Greg Sestero in acting class in San Francisco, invites Greg to stay in Tommy's unused LA apartment so he can look for acting gigs. Greg eventually finds some success, gets represented by an agent, and films a "Puppet Master" sequel in Romania.

Tommy doesn't take it well and is clearly both jealous and creepily obsessed. Greg comes home to find that Tommy has opened up his mail, including the check from the Puppet Master production company. Tommy tries to put a brave face on things, though, and is super enthusiastic about seeing Greg in the movie. Once he sees it, Tommy decides, with his usual level of taste, that his favorite part (which was also Greg's least favorite) was a cheesy scene where Greg's character, an old-timey Frenchman, stands on a wide balustraded staircase holding a candelabra.

One day Tommy calls up to ask Greg how to get a SAG card, and Greg, feeling like he can't really tell his buddy to give up on acting, goes ahead and tells him - you need to be a featured extra at least three times, or have a speaking role in a commercial. "Commercial, eh?" Tommy is excited and hangs up.

A few days later he surprises Greg in LA, having arrived in town for "is very important meeting" (mmhmm) and proudly shows off...his brand new SAG card.

Greg is genuinely astonished. How did he get it?

"I get in commercial," Tommy says, and pops in a VHS. The picture comes up and it's Tommy - in a flouncy lace shirt, on a staircase, holding a candelabra. "To be ahr not to be," tommy intones, and then the logo for his fake-Levi's jeans company comes up. He hired himself to make an ad for his own company so he could get a card.

I love this book

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Hey maybe today is the day I'll get a [chat]

NO OF COURSE IT ISN'T CAUSE I'M NOT ON SOME SECRET LIST OF APPROVED CHATTERS EVEN THOUGH PEOPLE LIKE ME GETH!
    Jake saw this post and stepped in to ensure there was absolutely nothing left to chance.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Jake gives chat a heart attack, part 1

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    @Preacher

I don't k now why you haven't had a shit revolution and it makes me sad.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    they make fiber powder tablets you know

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Gotta make it through a few more hours and then I go home to watch Agents of Shield and play Titanfall 2 until it's time to see Doc Strange and I try to forget about the ills of the world.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    fuck that's a brilliant way to get a sag card

do you know how many free movies they get around award season? a friend of mine is in sag from childhood.

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

The only thing that really makes that logo an Indian is the feather and the metaphor he's a "red man"

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cG8YCWr9GGo

This was recorded for a Black Sabbath Dio compilation disc, and this song and the other two recorded for it were so well received it basically started a revival with Dio-led Sabbath.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh phallometrics

I kind of hate them

When they're uses to test for deviant sexuality it really seems like some horrific dystopian scenario, forcing people to listen to sex offences and then measuring how their dick responds

Yeah, they're a pretty awful measure for a lot of things.

I pictured people strapped to chairs with wires on their genitalia being wheeled around to measure stuff like heat tolerances on ablative panels and ballistics tests and impact resistance tests

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Variable wrote: »

do you know how many free movies they get around award season? a friend of mine is in sag from childhood.

holy shit bro we need in on this scam

are you interested in pitching for Consolidated Koshtronics y/n

how do you look in a ruffled shirt

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »

The only thing that really makes that logo an Indian is the feather and the metaphor he's a "red man"

um

correct?

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    oh shit, my days long ansys run is about to finish. Hope the results don't look like garbage. Or that there isn't some stupid error right at the end. Should be ok.

• Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Man this is some bullshit

Some fiber filled bullshit

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    omg my friend who is working at NBC for the election just sent us a picture of their "Donald Trump Elected President" graphic

and a cold chill took over the room

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    Oh hi chat

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    jacob
    i wrote up a nice long post about some of the perfect poops i've taken in my life

and then you closed the thread early

poo
  • Options
    Elldren wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Oh phallometrics

I kind of hate them

When they're uses to test for deviant sexuality it really seems like some horrific dystopian scenario, forcing people to listen to sex offences and then measuring how their dick responds

Yeah, they're a pretty awful measure for a lot of things.

I pictured people strapped to chairs with wires on their genitalia being wheeled around to measure stuff like heat tolerances on ablative panels and ballistics tests and impact resistance tests

Which is, ironically, what turns me on

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    Jake gives chat a heart attack, part 1

Okay so it's not just me.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Ludious wrote: »

@amateurhour @TL DR

Who else was talking about becoming a park ranger ?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016

amateurhour "TL DR"

Who else was talking about becoming a park ranger ?

Bowen

amateurhour on
  • Options
    I honestly thought Jake canceled chat because we were all prisoners of our own butts

• Options
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    why did I look at 538

now I want to smash something

why is this country so horrible, and sadly, still one of the best?

fuckfuckfuckfuck

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I honestly thought Jake canceled chat because we were all prisoners of our own butts

fiber supplements can free you

• Options
    Solomaxwell6Solomaxwell6 Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Woah woah woah it doesn't look like the raccoon did anything wrong there, he was just chilling while the humans fought.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    According to our Secretary of State 99.99% of Alabamians are officially registered to vote now.
    That's right. All but about 2,500 eligible voters.

He also said this
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-merrill-alabama_us_581a4760e4b0c43e6c1dbadd

I'm not calling this man a liar
    But I am

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    Atomika if it makes you feel any better apparently 538 isn't factoring in early voting and keeps giving trump more of a handicap because reasons

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    why did I look at 538

fuckfuckfuckfuck

I keep going there hoping for good news, but it just gets worse every day.

God damn it, Comey.

• Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika if it makes you feel any better apparently 538 isn't factoring in early voting and keeps giving trump more of a handicap because reasons

nope

I will commit sudoku if this goes badly

and then seppuku, as needed

• Options
    TTODewback wrote: »
    According to our Secretary of State 99.99% of Alabamians are officially registered to vote now.
    That's right. All but about 2,500 eligible voters.

He also said this
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/john-merrill-alabama_us_581a4760e4b0c43e6c1dbadd

I'm not calling this man a liar
    But I am

Oh god. 99.99

Couldn't even dial it down to a resonable lie like 98.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    Variable wrote: »

holy shit bro we need in on this scam

are you interested in pitching for Consolidated Koshtronics y/n

how do you look in a ruffled shirt

I LOOK GREAT IN A RUFFLED SHIRT

wait what was this about

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    why did I look at 538

fuckfuckfuckfuck

Humans are not good creatures.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »
    The raccoon wanted to see.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    Preacher

I don't k now why you haven't had a shit revolution and it makes me sad.

Some men must know suffering so others can appreciate greatness.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Confession: the reason why I'm buying a rifle is so that president trump won't have me detained during one of the mandatory Pro Trump rallies. Need to make sure I get on the "one of the good ones" list.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Also everyone and their mother release polls the final week of the election which creates a hell of a lot of volatility in the numbers

fuck gendered marketing
This discussion has been closed.