As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    https://youtu.be/DLExrWz69vY

Gameplay trailer

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    They chose poorly for the music with that trailer.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    DaMoonRulz wrote: »
    I caught all the fish in Reaper's March!

"There were fish here, once. They're gone now.

We're all going to starve to death."

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Basil wrote: »
    I caught all the fish in Reaper's March!

"There were fish here, once. They're gone now.

We're all going to starve to death."

It's called Reaper's March, you can't be surprised

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    /quietly puts the gameplay trailer in OP, changes thread title

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Zetx wrote: »

An interesting thought but without build switching on the fly for skill morphs and champion points it's still going to be locked into one role for stuff like veteran dungeons. Mageblade already demonstrates that as it can spec for damage, healing, or tanking but can't quite combine them all.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    I honestly don't mind that they're leaning heavy on the nostalgia

heck, when I saw the mushrooms around Davon's Watch I was fucking in

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Remember how Oblivion showed up on the horizon and we wondered how they were going to top Morrowind's fanciful locales and character?

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    Oblivion is probably my least favorite of TES. Well, okay, I probably dislike Arena more, but it hasn't aged well.

I am wondering if Skyblivion will make me like it more.

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    MrVyngaardMrVyngaard Live From New Etoile Straight Outta SosariaRegistered User regular
    So they added player housing and opened up the world while I was away.

Sounds like I should be getting back into this.

"now I've got this mental image of caucuses as cafeteria tables in prison, and new congressmen having to beat someone up on inauguration day." - Raiden333
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    They iterated on it a lot since I played near release. Although the patcher recently killed itself on my compy so hard I had to purge its corpse from my registry.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    They iterated on it a lot since I played near release. Although the patcher recently killed itself on my compy so hard I had to purge its corpse from my registry.

Patchers tend to have a hard time patching content from millenium past. GODDAMNIT BASIL JUST PLAY EVERY MMO LIKE I DO, IT'LL KEEP THEM ALL UP TO DATE

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »

Patchers tend to have a hard time patching content from millenium past. GODDAMNIT BASIL JUST PLAY EVERY MMO LIKE I DO, IT'LL KEEP THEM ALL UP TO DATE

Can confirm. This approach works for me as well.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options

To be fair, ESO's patcher is particularly, um. Quirky? Difficult? Takes freaking forever?

• Options
    I'm excited to see what's in the new crates. I'm not a big gambler, but I'll probably buy at least a few crates. Got luck with the Storm Atronarch Senche Mount

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    I'm excited to see what's in the new crates. I'm not a big gambler, but I'll probably buy at least a few crates. Got luck with the Storm Atronarch Senche Mount

Out of the 3 or 4 I opened, the only interesting thing I got was the cute pink baby netch pet.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options

Out of the 3 or 4 I opened, the only interesting thing I got was the cute pink baby netch pet.

> pink netch

... Hanar?

• Options
    Pretty much a tiny hanar, yep. A bit less jelly-like...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    A shiny, new episode of ESO Live will be tomorrow, February 24 at 3:00pm EST / 20:00 GMT on http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda. We're giving you a first look at some of the areas in Vvardenfell live on the show, so be sure to tune in! Catch the full show schedule below, and we'll see you tomorrow on Twitch.

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    Another alt just knocked out the Craglorn quests so now I have a nirnhorned helmet to research. Got one more alt I can feasibly run through that line before I'm down to my bank mules.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    mccartmccart Registered User regular
    Nice! I got a dagger on my stamblade so whenever that finishes (~20 days) I'll have 9 traits in daggers.

I got lucky the other night and was able to tag along with a WB group in craglorn and we almost did all of the bosses which was cool, I was super lucky and found a couple motifs along the way.

I've been leveling up a magsorc, should get level 50 in a few days. it's hilarious how strong it is with surge and lightning form up, I basically cannot die as long as nothing can hit for more than 13k which is quite a bit different than my stamblade. I can solo almost any of the non dlc world bosses which is nice since it can take a while to convince someone to help out.

I think I like the magsorc playstyle a bit better than stamblade, though part of that is because I know the game quite a bit better now so I am prepared to take on the various challenges it offers.

• Options
    Took the Achievement Skull and clipped it through the Achievement Ancient Elf Statue

wqbago8gknzp.jpg
    1dtomnt5ojgq.jpg

3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So does it make any sense at all to train daggers and medium armor after I've been playing heavy armor and one handed weapons this whole time? My class is dragon knight, but it seems like it's pretty easy to just change up how I play at any point, unless I'm missing something? Does your class actually mean anything or is it more just a title?

Steam: offday
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Sure it makes sense, use it all. There are perks and potential builds galore.

Class merely determines your class skills, not any of the other stuff. "Stamina" builds typically use the other stuff, with a few class abilities for utility. "Magicka" builds are typically much more class skill heavy.

What separates a Dragon Knight with a destro staff from a Sorceror with a destro staff, is that the Dragon Knight has more fire spells.

I actually found this somewhat disheartening on my Nightblade, as I dropped more of my class skills to the point where I wished I was playing something with abilities I liked more. I'm thinking Sorc or Sunbro.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options

What separates a Dragon Knight with a destro staff from a Sorceror with a destro staff, is that the Dragon Knight has more fire spells.

Well, not quite. A DK has more damage-over-time effects, AoEs (and gets more benefits from those AoEs), and ABSOLUTELY FUCKING FANTASTIC self-sustain / self-healing abilities. Burning Embers is a fairly strong DoT, an excellent self-heal, and it's cheap to boot; that alone makes magika DPS DKs a bit tougher than Sorcs.

Sorcs have much better single target damage and burst damage than DKs, and thus they take less time to kill things.

Generally, a DK has a slight edge in longer fights and fights with lots of adds, IF we can keep our various DoTs up, while sorcs just burst things the fuck down.

• Options
    I haven't played a magicka DK yet, but my destro staff sorc sure seems to do just fine in the toughness department, mostly thanks to her clannfear that doubles as meat shield and a pretty potent heal. So far at least, she's been pretty much unkillable (except for that one incident that I promised her we'd never talk about again).

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    anoffday wrote: »
    So does it make any sense at all to train daggers and medium armor after I've been playing heavy armor and one handed weapons this whole time? My class is dragon knight, but it seems like it's pretty easy to just change up how I play at any point, unless I'm missing something? Does your class actually mean anything or is it more just a title?

Daggers don't have a separate skill line from other one handed weapons. It's all based on whether you use one with a shield or another one handed weapon.

Heavy armor is the domain of pvp and pve tanking. If you want to do stamina based damage in pve groups for some of the tougher content, training medium armor would be a good idea.

Class matters, but it's only a part of the equation. Stamina dps leans a lot more on the skills that come from weapons so they blend together a bit more. Magicka dps, tanking, and healing tend to use class specific skills more though for that last one you need to actually have class specific skills that help heal which DK doesn't get much of.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    I haven't played a magicka DK yet, but my destro staff sorc sure seems to do just fine in the toughness department, mostly thanks to her clannfear that doubles as meat shield and a pretty potent heal. So far at least, she's been pretty much unkillable (except for that one incident that I promised her we'd never talk about again).

Yeah and the downside to the Magika DK's self-heal is that you have to be in melee range to use it. I spent a lot of time diving in and then rolling the fuck back out.

• Options
    Was half considering a frost-staff build for my DK, because so many of her abilities are close range I might as try to be a bit more tanky

Miss me? Find me on:

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Ugh. One of my guilds, intended to mainly be a trading guild but also with some fun events and such, suddenly had a vote to set a sales requirement and/or "raffle ticket purchase" requirement a few months ago, of 1000 gold per week. Basically guild dues, I guess to ensure a better guild trader location. I grumbled but started paying it, even though I'm not really playing consistently right now, often just logging in to train horses and make some cash picking pockets to go toward housing.

Just last night they had the results of another vote to raise it again, to sales of 5000 or buying 3000 gold worth of raffle tickets per week. Now I'm debating leaving. I mean...I guess they're going to have a better guild trader, so that's nice if I ever want to sell anything. And 3000 isn't a ridiculous amount when I can make 10,000 a day picking pockets on one character, but it still stings. My 4 other guilds have no such requirement, 3 of them very large with guild traders too.

What I want to know is, how common is this sort of thing? If I want to pick up a new trading guild, are they likely to have a similar requirement? Did I just luck out on the others? How much does it cost usually?

I don't want to leave and discover it was still a pretty good deal and not be able to get back in if I want to do some more consistent selling later.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    I'm in a few trading guilds, one has a "sell ANY item" every two weeks policy and we used to regularly get a trader in Grahtwood but they recently tried and failed to get one in a higher traffic location.

The other two guilds have 3000 gold per week sales requirements. For one of them that is totally unreasonable since we don't have the gold to get a decent trader; I use that guild to list cheaper stuff that I figure new players will want that I don't really want to throw out or dump in the guild bank. I'm often below the sales requirement for that guild but they don't seem to care.

The other one is more serious, although they recently lost the trader also. That guild usually has a trader in Belkarth so I if haven't been playing much I can just list a kuta or a rosin for a bit below market and it'll sell pretty quickly. I haven't been below the requirement before in that guild, I got in it to sell off housing items since I'm fine with doing housing stuff when the shine wears off (if ever), so probably I sell 40-80k a week there just selling patterns and materials.

All the other trading guilds I've tried were mostly new guilds with delusions of grandeur, with lots of talk of building a community followed by "raffle" requirements. I'm not willing to do raffles so I left those.

• Options
    I'm also not really sure what a sales requirement means. Does it mean I sell things of value up to that total amount, like list one item for 5000 gold and someone buys it? Or does it mean I need to sell enough things to provide a benefit of 5000 gold to the guild, literally add 5000 to the guild's coffers?

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    President EvilPresident Evil Let's Rock Registered User regular
    I'm sure they're just looking for a weekly deposit into the guild bank.

My trading guild has a 10k/week fee. We've also consistently had a trader in Wayrest/Elden Root/Rawl'kha for the entirety of my tenure. I find such a thing is more sustainable the closer to end-game content you are; my ability to farm/refine gold-level materials has helped tremendously (a single gold mat can sell for 6-13k, easy). Like anything, there's a learning curve.

• Options
    In my guilds as far as I know sales requirement just means selling 3000 gold worth of items, I don't put gold in the guild bank.

They all ask for people to contribute to the raffle, but my experience in other MMOs has never been positive when guilds try to fund things that way so I avoid it if possible. If they straight up asked for a fee each week or month I would consider doing that but I'd probably have to pare down to 1 or 2 guilds in that case.

I should add I've only been playing three months so far, and I've only ever been in 7 guilds total. I've been trying to be a bit conservative trading in eso; trading in WoW and eve was a bit extreme for me. Eventually I stopped playing those games because I was mostly just playing the market to get more money and not really enjoying the games themselves.

• Options
    I'm also not really sure what a sales requirement means. Does it mean I sell things of value up to that total amount, like list one item for 5000 gold and someone buys it? Or does it mean I need to sell enough things to provide a benefit of 5000 gold to the guild, literally add 5000 to the guild's coffers?

Sales requirement should just be selling that amount of stuff so that the guild cut hits a certain amount. If the raffle/deposit requirement is less than the sales minimum, that should be what it means.
    Ugh. One of my guilds, intended to mainly be a trading guild but also with some fun events and such, suddenly had a vote to set a sales requirement and/or "raffle ticket purchase" requirement a few months ago, of 1000 gold per week. Basically guild dues, I guess to ensure a better guild trader location. I grumbled but started paying it, even though I'm not really playing consistently right now, often just logging in to train horses and make some cash picking pockets to go toward housing.

Just last night they had the results of another vote to raise it again, to sales of 5000 or buying 3000 gold worth of raffle tickets per week. Now I'm debating leaving. I mean...I guess they're going to have a better guild trader, so that's nice if I ever want to sell anything. And 3000 isn't a ridiculous amount when I can make 10,000 a day picking pockets on one character, but it still stings. My 4 other guilds have no such requirement, 3 of them very large with guild traders too.

What I want to know is, how common is this sort of thing? If I want to pick up a new trading guild, are they likely to have a similar requirement? Did I just luck out on the others? How much does it cost usually?

I don't want to leave and discover it was still a pretty good deal and not be able to get back in if I want to do some more consistent selling later.

Trading guilds in general seem to be more competitive with Homestead having dropped. More stuff to sell, more stuff in demand, and more players coming back does that. There's a huge difference location makes too. I joined a trade guild with a Wayrest trader the week after Homestead dropped and started getting 3k per daily Thieves Guild motif than I had gotten on the trade guild with a trader in Sentinel. That jump alone easily covers the raffle ticket purchase I do weekly for the new guild which I actually don't have to do since I easily pass the sales threshold but my more casual trading guild once lost its trader for a week so I like to make sure we have enough in the war chest and I'm paranoid about some markets bursting.

That said, those numbers seem really weird. 3000 of raffle tickets is a lot more money deposited into the guild than just the cut from 5000 of sales unless very few people buy raffle tickets or the prizes are really, really good. The Wayrest guild assigns a point value to each deposit, raffle ticket, sale, and purchase and 16k in sales or so is the equivalent to 2000 in raffle tickets or a 1000 due if you only did one or the other in a week.

The Sentinel guild has a voluntary 2500 donation per week but no fixed sales requirement. It's much more casual though sales activity and donation affects rank and lower ranks get scoured when removing inactive players. The leader does want to expand to a better city than Sentinel (which is a tier 3 city. A lot of players in the zone for dolmen grinding and the traders are convenient to the wayshrine but not a focus of daily quests or anything) at some point but understands it's a huge risk to do so.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Yeah, I'd leave. I just upgraded my bag to 100 last night which wasn't that much gold, but to me it was and I almost regretted it. I couldn't imagine just giving that much gold away every week to stay in some damn guild, especially on a mmo this solo friendly.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd leave. I just upgraded my bag to 100 last night which wasn't that much gold, but to me it was and I almost regretted it. I couldn't imagine just giving that much gold away every week to stay in some damn guild, especially on a mmo this solo friendly.

While the game is solo friendly for most pve content, trading is another matter. A good guild trader location can easily eat up millions of gold each week for a winning bid hence the need for sales minimums or guild dues/raffle tickets. Less good locations are less competitive but still pretty competitive for the ones people actually visit and losing a trader is a big blow to the ability to sell things. Trade guilds are a completely different beast from other types of guilds.

Steam Profile
  • Options

Well like I said 3000 is actually not a lot of gold to me right now, I can make over 10k a day picking pockets and meeting my fencing limit of 130 items. But that's also a chunk of time I gotta spend.

If I think of it like...on average I get a green item from the cultists I steal from, and those sell for 110...basically I gotta rob 9 people. Not too hard.

But it's also the principle of it, that none of my other guilds have a requirement.

• Options

Well like I said 3000 is actually not a lot of gold to me right now, I can make over 10k a day picking pockets and meeting my fencing limit of 130 items. But that's also a chunk of time I gotta spend.

If I think of it like...on average I get a green item from the cultists I steal from, and those sell for 110...basically I gotta rob 9 people. Not too hard.

But it's also the principle of it, that none of my other guilds have a requirement.

I'm more concerned about whether the guild is going to be able to make good on expanding into a city that justifies the increase. That's not the easiest thing to do unless the existing members are doing well in sales. Your's is far from the only guild with such plans so even if the leadership has scoped out a vulnerable trader location it may end up competing with another up and coming trading guild that was getting the capital to expand without having to ask its members to do more.

As for faster ways to make the cash, I forget if you have access to the DLC or not but Thieves Guild heists now guarantee a motif chapter if you meet the bonus time objective and those sell for 5k at minimum with some going for closer to 10 k. Or there's still the ultimate lazy way of selling materials a crafter hireling mails you.

Steam Profile