Options

[The Elder Scrolls Online] It's the 2nd Era, so is this Oblivion 2, or Oblivion -1?

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    I'm annoyed that I misunderstood late stage crafting I think

Is it really TEN times the cost to make 160cp gear vs 150cp gear? I was very surprised I couldn't use the Superb Glyphs I've been hanging on to =/

edit: also, if I could stop getting the same 6 green recipes I already know I'd love it

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I'm annoyed that I misunderstood late stage crafting I think

Is it really TEN times the cost to make 160cp gear vs 150cp gear? I was very surprised I couldn't use the Superb Glyphs I've been hanging on to =/

edit: also, if I could stop getting the same 6 green recipes I already know I'd love it

Yeah, it's a big requirement jump. It may also be the last gear you ever actually have to craft for that character.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    fair enough but ouch

• Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Nyysjan wrote: »
    I don't think you really need much in the way of addons.
    Skyshards and lorebooks ones are useful, not sure if they are up to date though.
    Harvest map can be helpfull, traitbuddy for research.
    Combat metrics if you want an easy way to see how much dps you are doing.
    Lost Treasure to help find, well, treasure.

These are the ones i use, though i could easily live without them, the lorebooks/skyshards ones are closest to must haves just to speed up mages guild questline and getting skillpoints, but even they are just there to make things somewhat more convenient.

Those are the essential ones for sure. I also use one that gives a minimap.

No Accidental Stealing is helpful if you're the kind of person who accidentally picks up shit all the time and thus has the guards come running like HEY THAT APPLE BELONGED TO SOMEBODY. It basically just disables the prompt to steal unless you're crouched. You can still steal if you're crouched and somebody's detected you (and therefore still get caught), but you at least *have to crouch first*.

If you get way into crafting there's mods for that, but like, you really don't need them unless you decide you really wanna do crafting.

Would not go so far as to say they are essential, useful QoL upgrades, but the game is fine without them.
    You can also just disable stealing placed objects from the options, as well as no killing innocents to avoid accidental murders, if i want a civilian dead, i can just drink their blood or stab them with the assassin knife.
    Stealing from containers is much less likely because that requires confirmation so not really a problem.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I'm about level 12 now and should probably do a dungeon soon. My guy is supposedly a tank but having never played an MMO before I don't really know what I'm supposed to do in a group. Just stand there and get hit?

• Options
    I'm about level 12 now and should probably do a dungeon soon. My guy is supposedly a tank but having never played an MMO before I don't really know what I'm supposed to do in a group. Just stand there and get hit?

I'm 50 with around 180cp and still haven't done a dungeon =p

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    p8spj65kkh6g.jpgunw289ydhor3.jpg

I run these add-ons (plus all the bazillion required libraries). Not sure there's many here I'd give up. Some, like pet dismiss and the minimap, should just be part of the core game and it baffles me they are not.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    I've not found a mini map that doesn't cut off half the time =/

• Options
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I've not found a mini map that doesn't cut off half the time =/

I've never had any issues with the one I'm using.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    It's probably my pc or something

I've used fraykins and one other and neither work

my only other add on is lazy writ crafter

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    How long do instanced dungeons usually take? I was going to do my first one this morning but it was before work so didn't know if I would fit it in.

Went into one of the public dungeons instead for the first time. There are a lot of enemies in there. It's the first time I've felt like I actually needed to use my abilities to stay alive.

Edit: Did my first couple of random dungeons. First one was kind of a shitshow and I either managed to quit out or got booted before the end. Second one I managed to complete but it gets real chaotic with the number of enemies and flashy effects going on so I really had no idea if I was doing anything useful.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Do we have a guild trader? How does that work?

edit: oh nevermind. what a silly way to do things =p

edit2: so as not to waste a post, how do I attain the rank to donate to the guild bank? I always get a bunch of recipes and I feel bad selling them for 9g =p

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Do we have a guild trader? How does that work?

edit: oh nevermind. what a silly way to do things =p

edit2: so as not to waste a post, how do I attain the rank to donate to the guild bank? I always get a bunch of recipes and I feel bad selling them for 9g =p

I think somebody's gotta log in and promote you. I believe I changed that because we had a guildie who emptied out the bank a while back under the premise that "Well no one was using the bank" which... we may not log on very often but people were very much using the bank!

• Options
  • Options
    I just stumbled into my first Dolmen. That was so confusing, lol.

Does anyone know how loot works for the world bosses / events? If I join in with some other randoms does that make them get less loot? I get self conscious that I'm pissing people off if I join a fight uninvited.

• Options

Does anyone know how loot works for the world bosses / events? If I join in with some other randoms does that make them get less loot? I get self conscious that I'm pissing people off if I join a fight uninvited.

It should be the same amount of loot for all

.... either that or everyone in the game is extremely generous

• Options

Yep, it's multiloot! Everyone gets a roll on the loot table as long as you participate :) You even sometimes get AFK leechers just sitting auto-attacking near dolmens because of this :\

• Options
    I'm sorry, auto attack!?

• Options
    You know, I appreciate being able to do whatever you want at any time in this, but it does make for some weird moments when recurring characters appear in random places. I just got a quest to go rescue a person, but thought before heading off for that I'd just go meet this other quest giver nearby. Quest giver is the person I'm supposed to be rescuing.

• Options

Yep, it's multiloot! Everyone gets a roll on the loot table as long as you participate :) You even sometimes get AFK leechers just sitting auto-attacking near dolmens because of this :\

Given how often you only get two hits on a dolmen mob before it dies, I found myself less annoyed at them as I probably contributed about the same outside the rare times it was just me and another person duoing a dolmen.
    You know, I appreciate being able to do whatever you want at any time in this, but it does make for some weird moments when recurring characters appear in random places. I just got a quest to go rescue a person, but thought before heading off for that I'd just go meet this other quest giver nearby. Quest giver is the person I'm supposed to be rescuing.

Quests with multiple steps are usually able to prevent that kind of thing but completely unconnected side quests can be another matter. I never managed to go quite that out of order though.

I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Given how often you only get two hits on a dolmen mob before it dies, I found myself less annoyed at them as I probably contributed about the same outside the rare times it was just me and another person duoing a dolmen.

Quests with multiple steps are usually able to prevent that kind of thing but completely unconnected side quests can be another matter. I never managed to go quite that out of order though.

The rescue is part of the very early main quest, and the other one I've learned is the prologue quest for the one of the DLCs. I was trying to just get rid of all the quest giver icons in this town because there were so many and it was annoying me, but I guess I'll have to purposely avoid anything tagged as a prologue quest until I'm ready to start that DLC.

I had another couple of quests earlier with a similar issue. Had to go speak to an argonian, but didn't want to do that quest because it meant dealing with a super racist elf so I left it and did a different thing. That different thing also had me interacting with the same argonian. Once I finished that quest I figured I may as well speak to her for the other thing as I was with her at the time. Except I couldn't speak to her. She was stood right in front of me, but the marker to speak for her was pointing back to the place the other quest expected her to be.

I think what I've learned is I need to clear the quests pretty much by map area (except for DLC) instead of exploring too much, if I want stuff like this to make any kind of sense.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options

The rescue is part of the very early main quest, and the other one I've learned is the prologue quest for the one of the DLCs. I was trying to just get rid of all the quest giver icons in this town because there were so many and it was annoying me, but I guess I'll have to purposely avoid anything tagged as a prologue quest until I'm ready to start that DLC.

I had another couple of quests earlier with a similar issue. Had to go speak to an argonian, but didn't want to do that quest because it meant dealing with a super racist elf so I left it and did a different thing. That different thing also had me interacting with the same argonian. Once I finished that quest I figured I may as well speak to her for the other thing as I was with her at the time. Except I couldn't speak to her. She was stood right in front of me, but the marker to speak for her was pointing back to the place the other quest expected her to be.

I think what I've learned is I need to clear the quests pretty much by map area (except for DLC) instead of exploring too much, if I want stuff like this to make any kind of sense.

There are some cases where all a quest really is is to go to the place where the actual quest takes place but you also have the option of just starting from the latter. I don't know if that's the case with this one though. There are some questlines where I skipped some minor, early steps and just started the meat of it which could be the base here. The quest designers and writers knew that players weren't all going to do things in the same order and set things up to handle that. It didn't always work seamlessly though.

Steam Profile
  • Options
    tbh just remember that Akatosh is drunk and time is made up.

• Options
    man, this game just kind of peters out huh?

I guess I can do world bosses and dungeons for completely randomized loot? Now that I've maxxed all my crafting except enchanting and jewelry, I'm kind of at a loss on what to do

• Options

I guess I can do world bosses and dungeons for completely randomized loot? Now that I've maxxed all my crafting except enchanting and jewelry, I'm kind of at a loss on what to do

Fashion. Fashion is always a viable endgame activity.

Steam Profile
  • Options

Fashion. Fashion is always a viable endgame activity.

don't forget being a real estate baron and playing dollhouse with all the apartments you bought to make teleporting cheaper!

• Options
    maybe if I could find more than the 5 recipes I keep getting =p

• Options
    Have you finished all the story stuff?

I've been playing for about 2 weeks, just doing the Ebonhart Pact questline, and I've only just started exploring the western half of Stonefalls. I zoomed out to the world map earlier today and kind of surprised myself because I'd forgotten Stonefalls wasn't the whole thing.

• Options
    I just started a thief in an effort to get different recipes

already got 6 or 7 new ones

• Options
    I really wish these Ebonheart Pact quests would stop making me help slavers

• Options
    edited June 2022
    this fucking game

so my mailbox is full (but empty) and I can't receive mail. A problem that has apparently been happening for over a year ....

so I have to make a dev ticket except I can't remember my password to the ESO site (I play through steam so it's never been a problem). So I have to change it. SUCCESS! I change the password. Got a congratulations email and everything!

the password does not work =/

hopefully the next change will

edit: nope!

well, I guess I'm done with the game? Can't make a support ticket because I can't log into my account

edit: there is no phone number and when I submitted a ticket it instructed me to log in to view it ....

edit2: well the mail issue resolved itself by logging out and in a few times .... no cluse what to do about the bethesda account =/

Xaquin on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    I hit 50!

Oh no now I have to get champion levels!

Been playing necro and having a ton of fun, but I wanna craft fancy gear, except I can't equip it cause I need to get to CP 160 or something first.

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    I hit 50!

Been playing necro and having a ton of fun, but I wanna craft fancy gear, except I can't equip it cause I need to get to CP 160 or something first.

Once you get there, Ash Housewares has stacks of crafting mats which you're welcome to for that purpose; we just ask that you replenish the supply when you can :)

• Options
    I hit 50!

Once you get there, Ash Housewares has stacks of crafting mats which you're welcome to for that purpose; we just ask that you replenish the supply when you can :)

I'm a Breton in the Daggerfall thing, can I still join Ash Housewares?

• Options
    @SniperGuy if you need any sets crafted, I can probably do it

I have 5-6 traits on most all items done. Several have 7-8 and on bows and shields all 9

• Options
    @SniperGuy if you need any sets crafted, I can probably do it

I have 5-6 traits on most all items done. Several have 7-8 and on bows and shields all 9

Thanks! It'll be a bit before I can afford or even equip anything though.

Is there someone who I can ping to get an invite to the guilds? Didn't realize you can join multiple!

• Options
    I hit 50!

Yes, you can! The only restriction on that sort of thing is if you're on PC, Xbox, or PS; AH is a PC guild.

I am currently on a trip and tomorrow night I'm doing stuff in FFXIV, but on Sunday I can hop on, add people to the guild, and promote folks who want guild bank access. I ... cannot remember if I need your character name or your account name or both o_O

• Options
  • Options
    I hit 50!

Yes, you can! The only restriction on that sort of thing is if you're on PC, Xbox, or PS; AH is a PC guild.

I am currently on a trip and tomorrow night I'm doing stuff in FFXIV, but on Sunday I can hop on, add people to the guild, and promote folks who want guild bank access. I ... cannot remember if I need your character name or your account name or both o_O

@ me when you're around and I'll try to hop on if I'm not on! I'm @sniperguy as an account name I think?