As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Blizzcon 2016] No, they didn't announce Diablo IV

• Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    wait what even is adventure mode

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »
    wait what even is adventure mode

You can teleport around between acts/locations and do targeted quests for crazy drops.

It's the inspiration for WoW's new world quest system.

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    They should also tell you about elective mode when you get to level 50 or so if you've not turned it on.

(Elective mode lets you put whatever skill you like in each slot, rather than 1 defensive, 1 utility, 1 primary etc)

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    They should also tell you about elective mode when you get to level 50 or so if you've not turned it on.

(Elective mode lets you put whatever skill you like in each slot, rather than 1 defensive, 1 utility, 1 primary etc)

Seeing someone very recently talk smack about Diablo 3's limited skill selection because they didn't know about elective mode even now in the year 2016 was totally mind blowing

And like, it's not even their fault because the game never actually points it out to you

• Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    I actually wouldn't even recommend Diablo 3 at all you're in it for is the story

However, I think it's the best 'level up/get stuff/powerlevel/break this game' game on the planet

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I just want to take a moment to say that I really appreciate that Blizzard finally just put their streams on twitch rather than forcing us to use their horrible proprietary player.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Kami wrote: »
    I actually wouldn't even recommend Diablo 3 at all you're in it for is the story

However, I think it's the best 'level up/get stuff/powerlevel/break this game' game on the planet

well it's the best one that's this fast-paced

• Options
    I will say I'm sort of bummed with the virtual ticket this year

a majority of the panels I'm interested in (all of the creative stuff, story panels, art, etc) aren't being shown, yet they are SUPER heavy-handed in displaying the already free e-sports streams

I understand I get the Weird Al concert, in-game loot, and main/panel stage, but there's a solid 30% of all of your discussions that are inaccessible for people

kind of a bummer

• Options
    I got reaper of souls.

Diablo 3 is still installing though.

Gonna click some monsters.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular

a majority of the panels I'm interested in (all of the creative stuff, story panels, art, etc) aren't being shown, yet they are SUPER heavy-handed in displaying the already free e-sports streams

I understand I get the Weird Al concert, in-game loot, and main/panel stage, but there's a solid 30% of all of your discussions that are inaccessible for people

kind of a bummer

Oh that sucks, in previous years didn't they broadcast all of the panels?

• Options
    3clipse wrote: »

kind of a bummer

Oh that sucks, in previous years didn't they broadcast all of the panels?

I think a few years ago we had access to all panels, including author stuff and pre-Warcraft movie roundtables

last year was a *little* thinner, but it was because there were heavier announcements that sort of took over

but this year, while neat stuff has been discussed and revealed, could've really used the more creative/engineering panels to balance things out

• Options
    I got reaper of souls.

Diablo 3 is still installing though.

Gonna click some monsters.

It's good stuff man

just wait for your first powerlevel from 1 - 70 in like 20 minutes to really blow your mind

• Options
    I hope I don't get lost in it at all.

Afterall I haven't played Diablo 3 since like 2 months after launch.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I hope I don't get lost in it at all.

Afterall I haven't played Diablo 3 since like 2 months after launch.

Wow, yeah, it's super different now. Especially with regard to loot.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    so when do I have to start playing hots

if i play tonight will it count towards my 15

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure last year not all the panels were streamed, either.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure last year not all the panels were streamed, either.

you're right

but this year the dissonance is really noticeable

they're putting huge emphasis on stages that are freely available for everyone on Twitch

and the Diablo 20 year retrospective panel was pretty lackluster, but it was nice to see the D1 remake stuff in action

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    So when is the d1 homage thing out, it's free right? Do you get the actual d1 classes or is it just d1-themed levels and bosses with d3's mechanics?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    So when is the d1 homage thing out, it's free right? Do you get the actual d1 classes or is it just d1-themed levels and bosses with d3's mechanics?

Sounds like just the levels.

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

I'm pretty sure its just the D1 levels remade inside Diablo 3

you play it with diablo 3's rules and characters

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options

January, and it's a yearly thing from now on, so every January the event will pop up

it's D1 themed dungeons with 4 bosses, comes with transmogs and pets and the like for participating/completing certain objectives

they also locked movement to 8 directions, and are putting a retro and color filter into Tristram to give it a D1 feel

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    If someone's never played d3 they should probably do story mode once, but after that adventure mode and rifts are so much more satisfying.

I'm pretty sure you need to do the story before you can access adventure mode anyway.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Maybe when they put out more details I will get interested in the diablo 3 stuff

But for me the announcements were "here is a thing you don't have any nostalgia for" and "we're sorry for making the witch doctor"

Which is profoundly unexciting, especially because the Witch Doctor is easily my favorite class by a wide margin

because the necro will just be a re-skin of the witch doctor

yes that absolutely sounds like something blizzard will do

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »
    If someone's never played d3 they should probably do story mode once, but after that adventure mode and rifts are so much more satisfying.

I'm pretty sure you need to do the story before you can access adventure mode anyway.

this seems to be the case.

I have to beat the reaper of souls story to do adventure mode at all.

I did some of it though and it seems cool. Got a legendary belt that makes sweeping winds basically be always on?

Enemies just fall over when I walk past though maybe I should raise the difficulty?

• Options
    Peewi wrote: »

this seems to be the case.

I have to beat the reaper of souls story to do adventure mode at all.

I did some of it though and it seems cool. Got a legendary belt that makes sweeping winds basically be always on?

Enemies just fall over when I walk past though maybe I should raise the difficulty?

I'd personally keep the difficulty as low as possible for the story, so you can just fly through it

don't worry, Torment X will be waiting for you in Adventure Mode

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Nah

TX Hardcore all the way

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Maybe when they put out more details I will get interested in the diablo 3 stuff

But for me the announcements were "here is a thing you don't have any nostalgia for" and "we're sorry for making the witch doctor"

Which is profoundly unexciting, especially because the Witch Doctor is easily my favorite class by a wide margin

because the necro will just be a re-skin of the witch doctor

yes that absolutely sounds like something blizzard will do

It's partially a bummer because WD has been in kind of a bad place for a long time now

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    it goes to TXIII now

• Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    Consider making a seasonal character.

Season chars become normal chars every few months, but the current season is relatively fresh.

The first char to hit 70 in seasonal mode gets quests to get set items that leapfrog you forward.

Levelling is very straightforward, but when you hit 70 you will hit a web of systems that will take some learning.

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    For Hearthstone you may want to at least buy the five dollar, 10 packs and a Legendary intro pack. I've spent almost no money on the game, I think I bought one of the expansions with real monies, plus the free leggo pack (dust, wheeee), and my collection is mostly complete enough to get up around 12-10 without doing much more than daily quests and the weekly Brawl a few times. if you're interested at all, I say it's worth trying.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    So how long until Overwatch fans are calling the Translocator in Unreal Tournament a rip-off of Sombra?

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Don't you need to finish the story before they even let you play Adventure Mode

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Don't you need to finish the story before they even let you play Adventure Mode

it used to be that way

not sure anymore

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I think it is on non-seasonal characters, but I believe adventure mode is available from the start if you're playing a seasonal character.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    All this Diablo talk has me reinstalling Diablo 3

Gonna start me a seasonal Monk this time

• Options
    MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    My minor issue with Adventure Mode is that if you're playing solo, your followers don't have those occasional conversations with you. Say what you will about Blizzard's overall writing ability, they can write small character interactions pretty well.

Muzzmuzz on
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Since I spent a decent amount of time today thinking about hearthstone, I thought I'd give it another try because I did like it back when i played it. i lost like 8 games in a row.

i don't think i have the time or inclination to relearn what's good in hearthstone.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's shaman. What's good is shaman. You're done.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    Mages are still good. Shaman is finally good. Hunters and Rogues are fine, as are Warlocks and Druids and Pallys.

Really Priest is the only deck having a bad time, and you can still make like 50-60% win rate decks.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Is tracer good in Heroes of the storm? I realized at least I have her from , was it origins edition of overwatch? I know something gave me something in HotS.

At least I'll have that for the 15 games heh. ( they released any other overwatch chars yet?)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508