The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Heroes of the Storm] THE NATURE OF MONKEY WAS IRREPRESSIBLE

1939495969799»

Posts

  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    The only problem with Valeera is that when she has the right team comp she feels absolutely oppressive, so if her win rates start to climb just in all team comps, it would be very unfun.

    steam_sig.png
    shrykeforty
  • morgan_cokemorgan_coke Registered User regular
    Valeera is very similar in design to Nova. If she's ever good for random casual players, it sucks because she's super oppressive. And because she has that "live the dream" potential, a lot of people who are bad with her will always use her. She could use some kind of bribe though. Specific to her design, much like Nova's. That would be a nice way to round her out so she can do something besides gank.

    XBL: Morgan Coke Yes, there is a space, not an underscore. I'm old school like that.
    Battle.net: morgancoke#1589

    Titan's Creed: Jump first, don't ask questions, punch everything
    Brainleechforty
  • DibbyDibby Here come bees! Registered User regular
    edited January 28
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    The problem with lowering Valeera's D cooldown is that would give her a lower cooldown on Cheap Shot. And that's bad. You don't want a character with a spammable stun. That's not fun for anyone.

    Yeah, no, you're right. I didn't think about that. I was just considering "time to get back into stealth" since that's your only real way to engage. You're right though, that wouldn't be a good change.

    Smaug6 wrote: »
    The only problem with Valeera is that when she has the right team comp she feels absolutely oppressive, so if her win rates start to climb just in all team comps, it would be very unfun.
    Valeera is very similar in design to Nova. If she's ever good for random casual players, it sucks because she's super oppressive. And because she has that "live the dream" potential, a lot of people who are bad with her will always use her. She could use some kind of bribe though. Specific to her design, much like Nova's. That would be a nice way to round her out so she can do something besides gank.

    Yeah, I mean. Yeah. Like I would describe Valeera as "melee-Nova, but also with a Stun/Silence". She just, blows people up. Like I full engaged onto a lone Varian in lane and fucking POPPED him. He even had time to react after the Stun wore off but he couldn't do anything to me since I dropped Smoke Bomb.

    And we're not even talking about Heroes that can't react and die within that Stun window anyway.

    I really do like her design and her kit, she's very fast and frenetic and she's a blast to play... but, yeah, she probably has an oppressive design underneath all that flashiness. Hmmm.

    I am curious how they're going to touch her up though. QM she's fine for, but ~42% in HL? Oof.

    Jookie wrote: »
    Dibby wrote: »
    I mean, look at Vikings. Those motherfuckers are the hardest Heroes in the game to play, and yet their winrate is super up there.
    Is it something that tracks winrate by games played? If they're hard to play the only people that are likely to be playing them are...people that play them and got good with them.

    Yeah, hotslogs tracks by games played. And sure, not many people are playing them. But the thing is, it's numbers/math over number of people playing them. Cause I could also say the same about like, Murky or Abathur, right? "Well not many people are playing them, so the only people that ARE playing them have gotta be real good with em right?" Except their winrate is still low because the numbers aren't there.

    It's the perfect storm in TLV's case; not many people are playing them, but the numbers ARE there.

    Dibby on
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Valeera is new so people are still figuring her out. And like Nova she is a popular archetype so she will likely always be popular regardless of her win rate or competitive potential. So she might always have a high skill floor and a low overall win rate. Unlike TLV who have a high skill floor and a good win rate, with the latter happening because they have a lower overall popularity.

    a.k.a. Antaeus or Nubmonger

    -A digital receiver in an analog world.
    forty
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    What a surprise that the hero based on the WoW rogue is totally unfun to play against if she's at all good...

  • shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    If you asked me why her winrate is so low, I'd say because she has a great deal of difficulty engaging alot of the time. Depending on the enemy comp there's either aoe or vision tools (like Tassadar's D) around that basically shut her down fairly hard. The cooldown on Vanish is fairly long for how badly you need it to escape and it starts after you are knocked out of stealth too.

    And Lunara just destroys her. Like, it's not even funny. You can't get near her.
    Tassadar+any tank with decent CC is also super painful.

  • SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    I uninstalled this game. Valeera played a role in that. If things remain as they are I'll be back within a few months. If they give that tumor steriods... well...

    League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • KonphujunKonphujun Illinois, USARegistered User regular
    I disagree about Lunara wrecking Valeera. In my experience Valeera blows her apart before the garrote wears off.

    Everything: Konphujun(#1458)
    3DS FC: 2080-1455-4995
    Supagoat
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Squatfurd wrote: »
    I uninstalled this game. Valeera played a role in that. If things remain as they are I'll be back within a few months. If they give that tumor steriods... well...

    I don't understand this. Valeera is not in every single game unless you are exclusively playing QM. Everything has a cost. The cost of being able to choose what hero you get to play is that everyone else does, too. And it's not surprising at all that Valeera will show up in every single game during her release week.

    If you don't want to see her, or you want to see her get dumpstered, just hop into any of the draft modes. I haven't seen Valeera in a single UD game since her release, and I only saw her in one HL game where the idiot on my team first-picked her and, surprise surprise, we lost.

    a.k.a. Antaeus or Nubmonger

    -A digital receiver in an analog world.
  • SquatfurdSquatfurd 9000 feetRegistered User regular
    She is fundamentally unfun for everyone who isn't playing her. Even beating her is unfun. She doesn't punish you for bad positioning, she punishes you for any positioning. Even if she dies for it, doesn't make the bullshit feel any better.

    Your draft experience hasn't mirriored mine.

    Everything has a cost, and the price of my leisure time actually being leisurely is not playing hots anymore.

    League of Legends: DingusSquatfurd
    B.net: Squatfurd#1814
  • milk ducksmilk ducks Registered User regular
    New thread's up.

    ForceVoid
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Game Designer/Stay-at-home Dad Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    New thread's up.

    Link or it didn't happen.

    Twitch Page
    Hearthstone: mncdover#1994
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Steam ID
    milk ducksCustom SpecialfortykimeMMMigTim is on the Internet
Sign In or Register to comment.