As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Destiny] Age of Triumph: Everything Old is New Again! The Vault of Glass Beckons!

• VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    I wonder if it was simply a "bug" that the questline for rank 3 and 5 wasn't presented

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I created the Pax Arcadia group on XBL, invited some folks but hmu if I missed you. I can transfer ownership to @Obifett as well.

• FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    cB557 wrote: »
    Apothe0sis wrote: »
    I haven't gotten a clever dragon yet

I have completed all my bounties and more on three characters

Why rnjesus
    I mean you can just buy a god-roll from efrideet so

I want HCR

HCR or gtfo

I went back and forth on the Clever Dragon I got in the last IB (Braced Frame/Quickdraw/Glass Half Full). This time around, I got one with Smallbore, HCR, and Headseeker, and I can say without question that I love it. I have another one with the the same last two columns, but the first one has either Hammer Forged or Injection Mold. I'll have to level that one up and give it a try to see how it compares.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I created the Pax Arcadia group on XBL, invited some folks but hmu if I missed you. I can transfer ownership to Obifett as well.

That's all you man. I'm totally fine with not adding any more administrative duties to my plate. :P

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I'm debating if I should infuse my Hacksaw up to 398 or not....

The rolls are only "ok", I think; although maybe you guys can weigh in on them:

SUROS lightweight red dot / Hammer Forged / Secret Round / snapshot or smallbore

or maybe I should infuse up MIDA

(I can actually do both but I would prefer not to do two infusions at this point)

I'm finally a somebody!

• EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

The rolls are only "ok", I think; although maybe you guys can weigh in on them:

SUROS lightweight red dot / Hammer Forged / Secret Round / snapshot or smallbore

or maybe I should infuse up MIDA

(I can actually do both but I would prefer not to do two infusions at this point)

My vote would be for MIDA because ...
    1 - MIDA is awesome
    2 - I think I'd rather the vendor Clever Dragon than that Hawksaw

[PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
    Well, vendor Clever Dragon is still a ways away

But i did infuse the mida

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I created the Pax Arcadia group on XBL, invited some folks but hmu if I missed you. I can transfer ownership to @Obifett as well.

would we know if we got an invite

was I invited

can I be please
    tw1tch0rz

Sent! You can also search for the group and apply there

• PeenPeen Registered User regular
    Thanks! I'm at work and I probably would have just done that when I got home but I have no idea how groups work and figured maybe other people didn't either so my question could represent theirs. I will be stupid for other peoples' benefit.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

From now on my Hawksaw is named Jim Duggun

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
  • ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    TW@B is up.

IB is raining purples.
    New thinger on Bungie.net for Twitch streamers.
    Videos

etc etc

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    IB is not raining purples for me

Still no Clever Dragon drops

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • DrellokDrellok Bogey's Turrible Wingman Registered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »
    TW@B is up.

IB is raining purples.
    Videos

etc etc

New emblem! Aww yiss!

XBL: DrellokTV
  • sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Drellok wrote: »
    TW@B is up.

IB is raining purples.
    Videos

etc etc

New emblem! Aww yiss!

77 hours of streaming, though. I wonder when that starts tracking

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    sPider817 wrote: »
    Drellok wrote: »
    TW@B is up.

IB is raining purples.
    Videos

etc etc

New emblem! Aww yiss!

77 hours of streaming, though. I wonder when that starts tracking

I'd expect a lot of three day streaming sessions of folks running into walls or what not.

Actually I have no idea what the PvE timeout is. It is rather generous generally I think.

Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    An interesting research paper on Destiny's playstyle preferences
    Some good bits:
    High DPS (23.5% of the players): The largest cluster of players focused on using weapons with a high damage per second (DPS) output and use their specials a lot.

Guerilla Warriors (16.7% of the players): These use a great variety of weapons and are highly adaptable to changing situations in the game. They change weapons often and are characterized mainly by their flexibility and consistent high performance with all kinds of weapons.

Close Combatants (22.9% of the players): These players are characterized by their almost exclusive reliance on close combat weaponry (melee and short-range guns), with which they perform very well, better than any other profile.

Sitting Duck Snipers (18.8% of the players): These players prefer to kill their opponents at long ranges, and tend to operate from stationary positions, utilizing sniper rifles first and then switching to other weapons as enemies close the distance.

Mobile Marksmen (18.1% of the players): Unlike the Sitting Duck Snipers, the Mobile Marksmen stay mobile and engage the enemy at closer ranges, but surprisingly stick to a single weapon type, most commonly a long-distance rifle such as scout-, pulse- or sniper rifles.

Pretty cool, don't know where I fit there. I would say I am a Close Combatant, but maybe a Guerrilla Warrior fits better because I love me some snipers.
    Future work aims at building on the profiling results towards the creation of an item recommendation system for Destiny. The first step in this process will be extending across the character level range, and generate performance/playstyle clusters as a function of progression, adopting a more dynamic performance view. Secondly, the equipment held by each player can be incorporated into the analysis, providing insights into what weapon choices are preferred by the most skilled players for each playstyle at all levels of in-game progression. With this information, a recommender system for suggesting items to players can be developed.

• sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I play with almost exclusively pulse rifles, shotguns, and MG. But my pulse is Bad Juju and I use my super a TON. Results are inconclusive

Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
    edited November 2016
    I think the vast majority of my kills are shotgun kills, I must have a shotgun at all times

I switch up primaries pretty often though between all categories

note: this is PvP only for me. PvE I use all weapons types

Al_wat on
  • BookerBooker Registered User regular
    The best part of that report is their surprise at snipers who operate at mid-range, who number ~15%.

Booker wrote: »
    The best part of that report is their surprise at snipers who operate at mid-range, who number ~15%.

I have gotten some reeeediculous snipes up close, it's still really effective at shorter ranges

Granted about 50% of those were luck + AA but still

Upon reading, those archetypes listed above are for PvE

PvP:
    Close Range (35.1% of the players): These make very effective use of shotguns and complement this their absolute favorite weapon with melee attacks to dismantle PvP opponents very effectively with K/D ratios, survival times etc. at the top of the range.

Marksmen (28.9% of the players): Unlike the close range players, Marksmen almost exclusively use sniper rifles at long ranges (to a lesser degree scout rifles), switching to hand cannons at close and medium range. They have top performance ranks for these weapon categories. These spend the most time in PvP.

Objective Killers (20.1% of the players): are players that play a majority of Control games where the match focuses on holding various bases, defending them and attacking enemy controlled bases. They are proficient with a range of weapons.

Casual PvPers (15.9% of the players): These tend not to play much PvP, preferring PvE, and capable of using any weapon type, although with less skill and lower performance indicators for any one weapon class than the other profiles.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    I'd say I am a

[PvE]Guerilla Warrior: I have rules for each of my classes. Warlock uses PR/Scout + Fusion. Hunter only uses HC/AR + Sniper/Sidearm. Titan only uses AR/Scout + Shotgun. There are times I switch that up based on situational things, but I prefer to have a wide variety of experiences in my PvE.

[PvP]Objective Killer: Objective games are my jam and I really really dislike any kind of pure death match types games. I like the defined lines of war that objective games generally have and the ability to make smart tactical decisions that aren't always about who can kill the other guy first.

ObiFett on
    yeah i hate clash wish a passion

my favourite crucible type right now is supremacy. I'm ok with control, I'm just kind of bored with it after playing mostly only control for the last two years. I never really got into Trials.

I find control fun again when I encounter relatively new maps.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Hmm... I guess I'd be an Objective Killer?

Most of my games are control, and I'm in the top 1% for every objective specific point on Destiny Tracker?

I'm going to break 4,000 objectives completed tonight when I get to Destiny, and probably 4,000 zones captured by the end of this IB?

The only weapon I don't use much of on the hunter is... pulse rifles. lol

edit: I also follow the archetype rule for my characters, my Titan uses the pulses, the lock is ar or handcannon

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • BogeyBogey I'm back, baby! Santa Monica, CAModerator mod
    Motorboat Kitten rocked the Aksis Challenge in 3 attempts! :o

ccppdwunkz0i.jpg

Fitocracy: Join us in the SE++ group!
    XBox LIVE: Bogestrom | Destiny
    PSN: Bogestrom
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Also exciting? Me actually having a Comitatus!

• BookerBooker Registered User regular
    Destiny Tracker is a bad website to quantify your skills, because it includes the stats of many players who have stopped playing the game. A 1% rank on Destiny Tracker just means that you have played a fuck ton. Guardian.gg uses Elo to give a better idea of where you stack up against other players in the Crucible.

• KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    I always find the stat tracking on Guargian.gg interesting.

Like end of "season 2" I wrapped up Gold in Clash and IB, but bronze in control.... I'm really bad at Control apparently.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    Booker wrote: »
    Destiny Tracker is a bad website to quantify your skills, because it includes the stats of many players who have stopped playing the game. A 1% rank on Destiny Tracker just means that you have played a fuck ton. Guardian.gg uses Elo to give a better idea of where you stack up against other players in the Crucible.

The "objective killer" archetype says it's a person that spends the majority of their time in control. The volume metrics that I posted reflect spending a large amount of time in control. Even if one were to filter out the inactive players, the sheer volume of objective related kills and such that I have would still put me into the upper percentiles of each relevant category. Unless its tucked away somewhere Guardians.gg doesn't even have the capacity to provide such a volume comparison.

For those that use an app for item management, Ishtar Commander now has farming mode that will move all your engrams to the vault for you automatically while you play.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    For those that use an app for item management, Ishtar Commander now has farming mode that will move all your engrams to the vault for you automatically while you play.

Implying that I have Vault space for Engrams.

Ho ho.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    egc6gp2emz1v.png
    Bursar wrote: »
    Khraul wrote: »

Implying that I have Vault space for Engrams.

Ho ho.

Yeahhhhh.... this factor may be a concern for some.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Xur is in the Reef selling Fr0st-EE5, if anyone was looking for those.

edited November 2016
    Also for sale...

Twilight Garrison
    Apotheosis Veil
    Monte Carlo
    Prototype Weapon Ornament to change Truth's appearance
    The Wolves Remember Weapon Ornament to change the appearance of The Young Wolf's Howl.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Xur is in the Reef selling Fr0st-EE5, if anyone was looking for those.

*faints*

Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular

FYI for anyone joining: The "Groups" feature wasn't showing up for me until I applied the latest update. If you can't find it, you might need to go into Settings and make sure your software is up-to-date. Once it is, Groups is on the Community tab on the right side.

hmm... Fr0st-EE5 or... Air Eos?

YES @Arteen, I have them and have been using them. The third jump adds a beat in combat timing the crucible that has been fairly useful. :P

This discussion has been closed.