As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Age of Triumph: Everything Old is New Again! The Vault of Glass Beckons!

• Options
    ErevarErevar The Nounverber Registered User regular
    I may have a hoarding issue...

agoidcy2p2fn.jpg

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
    I can't get off until Shad gives me permission.
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I really really hope that we don't need ascendant/radiant energy/shards for anything because I burned all mine a while ago.

And I had tons of it.

ObiFett on
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    I'll never understand why some stacks only go to 200 and others to 1000

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular
    I'll never understand why some stacks only go to 200 and others to 1000

62868804.jpg

• Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    Erevar wrote: »

That's not hoarding! I certainly don't have enough free space for 8x stacks of every planetary material.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Peen wrote: »
    I mean it makes sense, who in their right mind would put any money in this game now that they've said nothing is carrying over?

I guarantee @Vagabond will throw money at the Treasure of Ages until he gets all the things.
    Peen wrote: »
    But you don't even need to! You can get three boxes per week and what you don't need you can break into silver dust to buy what you don't have!

^ this

There don't seem to be too many things added and we have months of 3x boxes. Fairly sure I'll be able to get it done organically. We'll see.

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    Arteen wrote: »

That's not hoarding! I certainly don't have enough free space for 8x stacks of every planetary material.

My original idea was to have 1k of each in the Vault, and then a partial stack on each character (for gear upgrades). I don't think I've ever touched the initial mats that I vaulted. I've stopped checking in with the Reef every week, as well, since those mats would just take up space. And I'm too lazy to dump mats on factions, even though I probably should. <_< Well, with the exception of Spinmetal - I check the weekly reset to see if anybody takes it, then I dump it. Otherwise I'd be overflowing with it.

KkrouBB.png
    (Destiny) Doot Doot, Shoot Brutes for New Boots, Woot Woot for Rad Suits and Phat Loots
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options

My original idea was to have 1k of each in the Vault, and then a partial stack on each character (for gear upgrades). I don't think I've ever touched the initial mats that I vaulted. I've stopped checking in with the Reef every week, as well, since those mats would just take up space. And I'm too lazy to dump mats on factions, even though I probably should. <_< Well, with the exception of Spinmetal - I check the weekly reset to see if anybody takes it, then I dump it. Otherwise I'd be overflowing with it.

But why do you still have your Y2 MoT Book item and all those HoJ Tokens?

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    Vagabond wrote: »

But why do you still have your Y2 MoT Book item and all those HoJ Tokens?

See:
    https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/37170459/#Comment_37170459

<_<
    >_>

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    awsimoawsimo a perfectly cromulent human; definitely not a robot Registered User regular

I think we're all overlooking the most astounding part of this picture, which is that Shad's Titan is only 365.

• Options
    I swap my Dread Explorer shell and Radegast artifact around for all my characters, and I don't pay attention to what I throw in those slots as placekeepers. =P

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    Somehow I don't believe he's actually sorry.

• Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    Another Motorboat Kitten raid, another inevitable betrayal.

Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    XUR HAS SHINOBU'S VOW
    KsibYP8.gif

Also thanks all for letting me provide the comic relief for your five man raid last night, worst luck/derpiest raid ever (head seeker orbs from the side killed me in two different phases, skiff dropping the tank killed me in one shot, Baske kept killing me, it was bad).

Edit: Ok I just looked at the stream and I was CLEARLY behind a box when that skiff killed me during the siege engine, Bungie pls nerf.

Peen on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Xur is in the Tower by the Vanguard table. He's selling Shinobu's Vow (wasn't @Peen looking for this?) and Telesto (lots of fun for void burn).

Edit: I did not see Peen's post right above me before I made this one. :rotate:

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    kQuEPjf.gif

• Options
    I don't PvP or play Trials much at all, but I found this to be a really interesting read:

The last 68 Trials of Osiris events – The Numbers (reddit)

The last 68 Trials of Osiris events – The Numbers (imgur gallery, linked from the above reddit post, includes graphs/commentary)

Some additional math from the comments (emphasis mine):
    Interesting to see the stats. 180,000 players still sounds like a good amount though, but the decline is clear. The game has been out quite a long time though
    That's 180,000 across multiple platforms, 4 days, and 3 man teams. If it were divided evenly across 2 platforms and 96 hours, that would be just above 300 teams playing on each platform at any given time.

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Trials of Osiris is a great idea, it just hasnt been handled very well in the later stages of its lifecycle.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    skyknyt wrote: »
    I'm a little bit salty that we haven't gotten a Jolder's or Gheleon's with Int/Disc, too.

Gheleon's had one back late last year that was main discipline, but you can also choose int, it just is stuck at 30ish or you can have 100+ disc

I'm pretty sure its actually impossible for Jolder to be int/disc

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Trials of Osiris is a great idea, it just hasnt been handled very well in the later stages of its lifecycle.

Still not really sure what you guys expected of ToO in terms of competitiveness. Though I guess maybe it's because competitive to me is a match with a 50/50 win chance all factors considered...

edit: enforcement and punishment of of clear cheaters and exploiters being a given expectation.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    TW@B is up.

Edit, notable stuff:
    "All you Strikers out there, are about to shed more Light on the scene than you ever have." - well, that's cryptic as fuck. O_o

Crucible playlists are being condensed.
    "The Crucible Quartermaster will now offer 5 new bounties each week for different weapon archetypes ... yes, there is a Hand Cannon bounty that can reward an Eyasluna!" - seems like a good way to target drops once a week.

Nightfall buff will affect both rep and XP, just like old times.

Next week's stream about armor/weapons should be veeeeeery interesting. DeeJ hints that he might wear that swanky jacket again.

Erevar on
    KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    In my experience, ToO has been way more on the 70/30 scale of competitiveness. Just gotta hope you're the stomper, not the stomped.

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    More bounties? Do we get more bounty slots to go with it?

• Options
    This is probably a reflection of the time I have to play but I rarely have vanguard and crucible bounties at the same time. I pick up bounties for what I'll be doing, wrap them in that session, and then move on, so I hardly ever have a space problem. I'm also all for weapon specific bounties because that'll mix the crucible up, maybe change the absolutely non-stop parade of palindromes/eyaslunas/wormwoods that it is now.

That being said I got a palindrome out of an engram last night with sureshot/icarus/rifled barrel/reactive reload and you'd better believe I'm taking that out with my shiny new Shinobu's tonight.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    More bounties? Do we get more bounty slots to go with it?

Eh. I didn't understand why they removed them in the first place. Particularly after adding all the extra strike bounties, and daily petra bounties. They actually removed PvP bounties and left the handful of daily ones that you can (usually) finish in a single match, one of which was always a fireteam, so for the solo PvP'er, only 5 bounties a day.

I can't think of a reason to need to carry both PvE and PvP bounties at the same time, aside from maybe a holdover weekly bounty or something.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Reddit commenters are saying that Trials bounties will reward Y3 weapons, but I don't see any confirmation of that in the TW@B.

Also, the "Strikers" mentioned above may be referencing "people who run Strikes" because of Daybreak - maybe not "Striker Titans" which was how I read it.

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    Other info from TW@B:

- ToO Silver/Gold tier will reward Y3 gear
    - Story playlist will NOT have matchmaking

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    Reddit commenters are saying that Trials bounties will reward Y3 weapons, but I don't see any confirmation of that in the TW@B.

Also, the "Strikers" mentioned above may be referencing "people who run Strikes" because of Daybreak - maybe not "Striker Titans" which was how I read it.

It was after the thing about Eyasluna:

"These bounties have also been updated and all of them are now able to be completed daily while Trials of Osiris is active. Silver and Gold tier bounties will now feature Gear and Weapons from Year 3."

vq2TEKC.png
  • Options
    If the record book draws me back into Trials, I may finally get the scout. =) I've been using the hand cannon regularly for WotM.

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    Other info from TW@B:

- Story playlist will NOT have matchmaking

That's too bad, honestly.

If you're doing the story playlist, you've done the main campaign already. Many (most?) people did it solo.

Having some other people along with you would make it at least not feel so lonely; and it isn't like difficulty is really an issue for solo story missions, even on heroic.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Gonna need some Trials buddies stat, I need all the gear and guns.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    Sirialis wrote: »

Still not really sure what you guys expected of ToO in terms of competitiveness. Though I guess maybe it's because competitive to me is a match with a 50/50 win chance all factors considered...

edit: enforcement and punishment of of clear cheaters and exploiters being a given expectation.

The cheater/exploiter points you mention and this new tidbit.
    Other info from TW@B:

If there isnt anything for casuals to play Trials for, it quickly devolves into a super sweaty grindfest with horrible matchmaking (not skillwise, but connectionwise), anything to drive up participation numbers should take care of at least some of those issues.

Bungie also really needs to step up their game and actually permaban cheaters and paid carriers at some point, that the company that literally coined the term "Banhammer" are such chickenshits about permabans in their most competitive mode disappointed me a fair bit.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    Man, I keep reading the title as "Age of Trump"

• Options
    The rest of that Crucible bounty quote is interesting, at least to me: "allowing you an opportunity to earn a variety of Crucible, Iron Banner, and Trials of Osiris weapons from Year 2 and Year 3."

I might still be able to get the old Iron Banner guns! That is exciting!

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    TW@B is up.

Edit, notable stuff:
    "All you Strikers out there, are about to shed more Light on the scene than you ever have." - well, that's cryptic as fuck. O_o

Striker Slam generates twice the current number of orbs.

• Options
    Got this in an email from Bungie:
    isshrdkiqhfp.jpg

Made me think of this:
    https://youtu.be/SrVMzDw7ncs?t=33

KkrouBB.png
    Bogaerts wrote:
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    G'morning all, I'm looking for 3 more for a PS4 1pm Eastern WotM HM raid today. If anyone is available and up for it, let me know. And if not, I guess I'll be sad or something.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Thank you very much to the Sunday morning xbox one crew for the flawless raider achievement.

• Options
    skyknytskyknyt Registered User, ClubPA regular
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    G'morning all, I'm looking for 3 more for a PS4 1pm Eastern WotM HM raid today. If anyone is available and up for it, let me know. And if not, I guess I'll be sad or something.

I am dying to see all of WOTM, but I don't think we have enough active folks PS4 side right now. I'm trying to train up a couple folks right now, and a friend of mine is 400 and hasn't raided in a while. We might have to wait for Age of Triumph to launch, but we might be able to do something.

Tycho wrote:
    [skyknyt's writing] is like come kind of code that, when comprehended, unfolds into madness in the mind of the reader.
    PSN: skyknyt, Steam: skyknyt, Blizz: skyknyt#1160
This discussion has been closed.