As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Temporary Pokemon Forum?

ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
Pokemon discussion is happening all across the boards, particularly in G&T and SE++, but it must be relegated to only one thread within those forums. Discussion is moving at breakneck pace, and it's making it hard to actually get information in those threads or even keep up with what's going on.

Since it's such a popular thing right now that also lends itself nicely to a variety of potential topics (teams, friend codes, general game tips, etcetera), it seems like it might make sense for there to be a temporary forum for Pokemon discussion (I mean, if we've had a tabletop forum...). Plus, it might even serve to better the relationship between the G&T and SE++ faithful, as the two populations would essentially be merged in this instance.

I can understand why mods might be wary of doing this, but it's a thought. Barring that, any other suggestions might be worth hearing about.

pygsig.png
Zeromus on

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited April 2007
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    (I mean, if we've had a tabletop forum...).
    Are... are you seriously comparing having a forum for all gaming that doesn't occur in a video format as somehow a narrower topic than having a forum just for the most recent Pokemon games?

Thanatos on
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Zeromus wrote: »
    Pokemon discussion is happening all across the boards,

No, its not.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Maybe divide the games up between online and single-player theads (Animal Crossing did something similar), but a new forum is not needed.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    man I love pokey-mans but even I think this is a silly idea

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    A thread that moves at the rate of 60 pages a day is not enough justification for a subforum. The game just came out; three weeks from now, the majority of discussion will have died down.

Yes, there will still be a lot of people playing the game heavily. Yes, there will still be a fast-moving thread about the game. But Pokemon Diamond/Pearl is not going to generate enough discussion on a long-term basis to deserve or require its own forum.

Captain K on
    edited April 2007
    Would dividing it up into two threads be acceptable? It does move pretty fast and a lot of Wi-Fi stuff gets buried in single-player talk, and vice versa.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • CarnivoreCarnivore Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Maybe having a 'game of the month' kind of forum, where the huge fast paced discussion can go.

Like, the week pokemon comes out all the discussion goes in there, or I remember when gears came out there was like two 100 page threads in a few days. there was no point in having conversation you just posted comments blindly at whatever point the thread was at.

just throwing it out there. fast paced threads kill discussion because everyone ends up repeating stuff like 100 times (a la the e3 threads) and it would clean up the main forums a lot.

Carnivore on
    hihi.jpg
  • ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I think the idea of splitting discussion into two threads, at least in G&T, would work pretty well (one for online stuff, the other for general gameplay discussion). While I don't think my suggestion necessarily warranted such a strong reaction, you guys are right, an entire subforum is probably overkill.

Zeromus on
    pygsig.png
    edited April 2007
    Thread splits have been done in the past: Animal Crossing had a genera discussion thread and thread for visiting towns. I'm not entirely sure, but I'm willing to be Mario Kart was a similar situations.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    A split would be all the more that's necessary. I'd be nice to allow a separate thread dedicated to battles/trades so I don't miss someone giving out free Pokemon X while I'm busy passing over tons of posts of peoploe asking the same damn question over and over and over and over and over again.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315