As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] FF14 Banner 1 in under 2 hours. Take a hit of Tums, then pass it on.

• Options
    chrisnlchrisnl Registered User regular
    Wait there is an overlap where the second XIII banner is active at the same time as the XIV banners? That's a little unusual (though not unprecedented), and I wasn't aware we had a date for the XIII event yet.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    chrisnl wrote: »
    Wait there is an overlap where the second XIII banner is active at the same time as the XIV banners? That's a little unusual (though not unprecedented), and I wasn't aware we had a date for the XIII event yet.

According to the calendar (datamined), FFXIII starts next Thursday with bonus battles on the 9th. FFV and FFXIV end on the 10th.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    welp, finished the roulette. trying to force myself to keep farming since i'd like to get those doom bosses done but i do really need wind and lightning orbs.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    bah 2x11 pulls
    Bartz cloak
    Eko's BSB
    not exactly what i wanted but I guess I should stop here, pull once more on banner 4 and leave 100 mith in the bank. My Bartz is getting pretty buff for some reason -_-

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    Eiko's BSB is beyond insane if you run a physical team.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    Rub my belly for luck on the XIV banner tonight (holy shit it's tonight)

• Options
    chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    I'm sitting here thinking about staying up as late as possible after getting off work just so it'll be almost the start of the event when I wake up.

I'm bad at waiting.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAqbSmEqdgU#t=4m30s

here's a notorious whale using a combo of zack's limit chain and cloud's usb + bsb2 to hit for 320k on entry

4:30

Beasteh on
  • Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Looking at that JP banner, it actually looks like a particularly good/strong banner to pull on. Cloud's EX mode for once, it not just so basic, and by comparison, the other EX modes like Terra's/Cecil's/Gilgamesh's can't even compare. Being able to natively break damage caps without blowing your load on a one-shot SB is stupid good.

I'm not Zack's biggest fan, but his LCSB compliments Cloud so well and more or less guarantees BFF status if you pull both their relics. The video above pretty much proves it. Sephiroth gets a new BSB and is the third person (if I'm not mistaken) to get a new Enelement (SSB EnFire, BSB2 EnDark) and the event introduces two new Darkness skills (RIP Shooter/Dancer/Bard) that do 3-5 hits based on how low your Doom Count is. And love or hate Cait Sith, his BSB entry helps Physical parties immensely, and has 2-hit dual-break commands.

The rest of the relics on the banner are okay to average at best (weird to be saying that when Cid-VII Shout is on the list) and while there's only one banner to pull on, it's likely we won't have the dilemma of having this banner come up against our 2nd anniversary competing for mythril spending.

We'll see if in 4 months, the power creep of the new events don't eclipse this banner, but if this banner dropped on Global now, I'd be pulling, no question.

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    I wish leftover chips converted to gyshal greens.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    That whale video is pretty fun! I liked that there was an icon for "one level of added Wind vulnerability" after Jenova got hit with the imperil Wind.
    Sephiroth gets a new BSB and is the third person (if I'm not mistaken) to get a new Enelement (SSB EnFire, BSB2 EnDark) .

Wasn't he also the first person to get dual en-elements? (SB En-fire, SSB En-dark are currently in global)
    Altema has pretty much the entire banner 1 and banner 2 listed as all S tier. One A- and a C (Yda temple glove thing)

I'm pretty skeptical about XIV banner 2 being rated all S-tier. Papalymo burst, sure, but it seems like it would be tough to get similar output out of Yda or Thancred bursts across a wide spectrum of fights, and none of the SSBs seems like anything to write home about.

Fry on
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »
    That whale video is pretty fun! I liked that there was an icon for "one level of added Wind vulnerability" after Jenova got hit with the imperil Wind.
    Sephiroth gets a new BSB and is the third person (if I'm not mistaken) to get a new Enelement (SSB EnFire, BSB2 EnDark) .

Wasn't he also the first person to get dual en-elements? (SB En-fire, SSB En-dark are currently in global)
    Altema has pretty much the entire banner 1 and banner 2 listed as all S tier. One A- and a C (Yda temple glove thing)

I'm pretty skeptical about XIV banner 2 being rated all S-tier. Papalymo burst, sure, but it seems like it would be tough to get similar output out of Yda or Thancred bursts across a wide spectrum of fights, and none of the SSBs seems like anything to write home about.

His glove on the last banner gave him EnDark, didn't it? I knew I'd be forgetting something.

Only other people to get two different EnElements are Papalymo, and Bartz eventually.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Yeah, Sephiroth's glove gives him Transience, which applies Endark. The glove itself is also +Dark.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Was out last night and busy this morning. I finally made it back to the internet.

Did a 100 gem pull last night and got an En-Wind SB for Bartz. I already have his BSB Light of the Four. I decided that getting En-Wind for him was a sign from the universe that I need to be using Bartz, so I used today's free MC3 on him.

• Options
    boko makes that sb good

• Options
    T-minus 7 hours till crushing disappointment. 2016 gonna get me one last time.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    I've already told my partner that I need the bedroom tonight to do a video record of my pulls. He is not allowed to be in the room, nevermind that he doesn't even want to be in the video, not even a glimpse.

However, I will have my lucky chocobo mini-plush, and my cat Vivi. And maybe the other cat, Moogle, if she decides to stick around.

• Options
    XerinkXerink Registered User regular
    Tonight this thread is going to be full of so much salt, hatred, and jealousy ( for that one guy who got every prize they wanted ). Perfect way to close of the year?

I've got enough mythril for 2 11-pulls myself, but I will probably hold back from using both unless I completely whiff the first one. I have exactly 1 relic for FFXIV (Yda's SSB fist) and I like both Minfilia and Alphinaud, so I'd like to walk away with a relic for one of them.

PSN: darkhart0
    3DS FC: 2234-7230-2712
    Battle.net: Kriese#1709
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Looking forward to getting 2 Thyruses tonight.

• Options
    I've told myself to stop at potato gloves and any other BSB, but I'll also be pretty happy with just alph's 30/30 buff. That'll let me run wall tyro, alph for buff, and RW ley lines or sheepsong to get the two +30% mag buffs I need to make Maria go.

Banner probablity thing says I have a 95% chance to get a faithga in 4 11 pulls, so as with many other single digit disappointments before this, I'm sure the 10 healer robes I get will sting all the more.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Joke's on 2016; I'm waiting until 2017 to do my pulls (I'm waiting for the banner probabilities before pulling, to make sure they don't fuck us like the Tactics banner).

• Options
    I've got two pulls budgeted for the XIV banner that drops tonight, but I'm not sure when exactly I'll do them. I suppose if I get an Alphinaud or Minfilia item I'll have to step away from the orbfest to do some of the event to get them, though I suppose I could wait until after orbfest is over since that still leaves like a week on the XIV event.

I'm really hoping my buddy gets at least one of the items he wants, he hasn't had any luck outside of lucky draws lately (though his lucky draws have been good, getting Serah's enIce BSB and Eiko's Hamelin relatively recently). I also hope that Knight_ can finally get some luck, I certainly know how frustrating it is for RNG to continually screw you over for months at a time.

steam_sig.png
  • Options

Joke's on 2016; I'm waiting until 2017 to do my pulls (I'm waiting for the banner probabilities before pulling, to make sure they don't fuck us like the Tactics banner).

I'm trying to imagine what they could do to fuck with the banner that would make it unattractive to draw on. I guess they could randomly drop the SSBs down to 1% and bump the regular SBs up to 2% and add some off-banner chance? Or they could turn off G5*, but that should be obvious from reading the banner.

• Options

I know there's been a lot of hailing of this event's banners as FFT: Part Deux, but even I can't believe DeNA would fuck up twice like that. Once was enough, they denied it at first, then admitted, and it's been pretty decent goodwill since.

Doing it a second time? I mean, it's possible, but I just can't imagine them doing it. There've been banners before this one that were just as hyped.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Fry wrote: »

I'm trying to imagine what they could do to fuck with the banner that would make it unattractive to draw on. I guess they could randomly drop the SSBs down to 1% and bump the regular SBs up to 2% and add some off-banner chance? Or they could turn off G5*, but that should be obvious from reading the banner.

They could lower all the items expected to be 2% to 1%, and fill in the balance of probability with off-banner items. Like they did for the Tactics banner.

I know there's been a lot of hailing of this event's banners as FFT: Part Deux, but even I can't believe DeNA would fuck up twice like that. Once was enough, they denied it at first, then admitted, and it's been pretty decent goodwill since.

Doing it a second time? I mean, it's possible, but I just can't imagine them doing it. There've been banners before this one that were just as hyped.

Did they ever officially admit to it? That seems like a PR no no. The best move for a company when you do something to deliberately screw over your customers is deny, deny, deny. There is no upside to honesty.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Nothing on this banner is as close to game warping as what came out of the first Tactics banner. Not even remotely. When Shout hit there was one other attack buff that was 50% and it was tied to a healer who does not generate SB all that well. Hastega was also relatively rare and very valuable by itself at the time as seen by people who used to open with Eiko's medica+hastega. All of this at a time when the bosses started punishing mage teams and pushing physical DPS as the answer.

The fact that Shout is still the gold standard for buffs should say a ton. Nothing in the game has even incrementally increased over It despite getting BSB buffs that are a category of SB higher than what Shout was supposed to be.

Combine this with a banner that also had one of the earliest Dual Breaks on an extremely useable character and it becomes even more disgusting. There were like no losers on that banner and some serious game changers.

Gnizmo on
  • Options
    ArdorArdor Registered User regular
    The ability to potentially get last stand and radiant shield in addition to some great bursts are why I am interested in pulling here. I agree that nothing is game changing here compared to shout.

I'll have 3x11 pulls after the New Years gift and hope for one burst and one of the above mentioned abilities. I have the uniques on the banner, so hoping I don't get those (the same as everyone else!)

Here's to hoping everyone pulling gets something they want!

• Options
    I have literally no XIV relics at present, and I'm still hoping I don't hit the uniques, because I don't need the second wall and I probably don't need AOE Cura + Esuna, though I'm sure there will be the occasional fight that it's handy.

Anything else should be pretty handy though.

• Options
    Technically Josef had a party 50% ATK buff too! I believe that Lenna's Flames of War was also around at that point, which was 30% ATK and party haste. Having an ATK/Haste buff on a healer was not ideal, of course, but I would imagine it made for a solid RW choice before Shout existed. Shout being on such a capable character is what really makes it so great, as evidenced by the lack of hype over Cid (VII)'s version.

I agree that nothing on the XIV banner is as generally overpowering, though Alphinaud's Deployment Tactics is the key to beating the "unbeatable" Nemesis X I believe. That's pretty niche, though, and it isn't the only thing that is more-or-less required to win that fight.

There were several issues with the Tactics banner, though. There was of course the changing of the chance to draw the unique SB items (SSBs were not changed) like Kaiser Shield in particular. There is also the fact that the banner changed partway through its life, when they added a 1% chance to get Valiant Knife. I have serious doubts that anything similar will happen again.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The valiant knife thing was a bug. I pulled so many times before that went in too :/

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Bug or not it still changed the banner after it had already been live for days. I did all my pulls before that went live, so I didn't get a shot at it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Weirdest fuckin' "bug" in history, is what it was.

I'll do a 100 gemmer and a 50 pull at 7 because I'm impatient, but the next 50 pull has to wait until tomorrow anyway, and if there's a third it'll be either half mythril, half gems soon after or mostly mythril and a little gems towards the end.

• Options
    I'm looking forward to pulling on a banner. I haven't pulled in what feels like a really long time, although I pulled on the SSB/BSB Realm banner recentlyish, and before that was the OK banner 1. I'm at 525 Mythril.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I'm gonna pull tomorrow after the NYD reward

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I honestly don't know how you guys stock up that much, although realistically, with Maria and Refia's BSBs and the utility shit I have, I have no doubt I could save from after this fest until the Anniversary banners and be perfectly fine. There are still a couple Torment CMs I'm woefully unprepared to clear, but those do recur.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I have 406 atm. It's not that hard, I think it's the 4th or 5th time I've been over 400 mythril.

Edit: also if you give torment cms the middle finger it's much easier, since lol fuck that shit.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    I dunno if I am going to pull or not. I would basically only be fishing for SBs to help me beat the unbeatable boss which is kinda silly when you think about it. Not to say anything here is bad, but I don't really think I would end up using most of these characters if I did pull something for them.

• Options
    edited December 2016
    I would use any of the characters if I got their BSB, and would consider using Papalymo and Minfilia if I got their SSBs. Alphinaud's SSB is only of moderate interest to me, since I think its primary use is for the Nemesis X fight. I don't think I'd use Alphinaud over Onion Knight very often.

chrisnl on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Rius wrote: »
    I honestly don't know how you guys stock up that much, although realistically, with Maria and Refia's BSBs and the utility shit I have, I have no doubt I could save from after this fest until the Anniversary banners and be perfectly fine. There are still a couple Torment CMs I'm woefully unprepared to clear, but those do recur.

For me there's two reasons I can save up:

If I'm going to do something, I like to do it to the best it can realistically be done by me. For this game, that means beating all the bosses and Cid's Missions. Global is a bit spoiled in this regard, because we have 5-6 months' foresight, so we know the strategies to beat bosses ahead of time, and what relics are required to execute those strategies. So I know if I need X, Y, and Z to do something, I save for X, Y, and Z, even if fun toys like Zell's BSB, Kain's BSB, Refia's BSB, or Terra's OSB pass me by and I gaze at them longingly while secretly telling myself that while they may be nice, they're not necessary for anything. Seeing the usual suspects get all that fun stuff and enjoy it does hurt a bit though.

The second reason is a bit of a Debbie Downer so I'll spoil it:
    I absolutely hate doing relics pulls. I'm a high anxiety person with a penchant for negativity, so anything with random chance like gacha just crushes me on two fronts. Before I've done a relic pull, I always MIGHT get the item, and exist in a hopeful state. Once I've done the pull, I'll (almost) always be in a state of disappointment for having failed to get my goal. I hate the idea of collapsing the wave form function, so most of the time I'll put off doing it until the next banner, thus preserving my fragile psyche. /tangent

silence1186 on
  • Options
    i just say fuck it, pull, and somehow the universe bends to my will??!?!?!?

This discussion has been closed.