Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions
. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum
. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
It's actually a new [Tech Thread]
The old tech thread is at one-hundo and its 4 pages back so I guess its time for a new one
Here's my take
ALL TECHNOLOGY IS INCREDIBLE GARBAGE EXCEPT SOMEHOW THE PLAYSTATION 4 IS GOOD AGAINST ALL ODDS, and you can buy a legitimately great TV now for under $500
- Apple revolutionized the consumer software industry and then rotted it from the inside out. They're now letting people buy ad spaces on app search results. Motherfucking RIP.
- An entire generation of the people think of the internet as just a few different tweetsnapbooks + their banking website
- Basically everyone responsible for the last two bullets are now trying to replicate their success with "smart devices" that will eventually form a SkyNet that will kill us all
- Google tried to make themselves "Microsoft but for Mobile" and have basically inherited the wind, with their premier manufacturer shipping literal bombs to people, and the rest of the cast struggling with bankruptcy and/or weird OnePlus style business models. They basically can't get a tablet off the ground to save their life.
- If you want a laptop you have to choose between cloogey overpriced designer jewelry (Apple, Razer) or crapware filled ultrabooks with limited warranties, bad driver support, and underpowered graphics (the field)
- Microsoft is still years away from getting back into broad based consumer stuff in a serious way
- Video games have basically been taken over by the film industry and operate on the exact same business model. Serial hyper budget artless swill on one end (and their HD remasters), intolerable indie bullshit on the other. Apart from a couple of outstanding players like Miyazake, and an e-sports movement that's getting shit made that would otherwise NEVER get made (do we need our 7th version of DOTA?), there's not that much to look forward to.
- Half-Life 3: not released
oh yeah and all your passwords are hacked now
tl;dr buy a PS4 and take into a bomb shelter, it's only worse from here
so, guys, technology!
I'm picking up my Razer Stealth tonight and will review it for you. Razer's get a lot press but like the XPS 15, you rarely meet someone who actually owns one. I've now owned both. I'll tell you all about it.