As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    This is the best update to the game to date.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Is Ditto new? I've never seen one before but just caught one also.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    Yeah. He was added today.

I want a Ditto, but it's too cold for me to go looking for one.

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Does the double XP from this event stack with a Lucky Egg?

After my last massive evolve-athon I did, I've been taking it pretty easy so I don't have a lot of evolutions saved up right now. But if I buckle down and start catching a lot of things, I might be able to get some good value if I can get 4x XP from the combo of the event and a Lucky Egg.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Does the double XP from this event stack with a Lucky Egg?

After my last massive evolve-athon I did, I've been taking it pretty easy so I don't have a lot of evolutions saved up right now. But if I buckle down and start catching a lot of things, I might be able to get some good value if I can get 4x XP from the combo of the event and a Lucky Egg.

Yep! Even evolving stuff you already have should be a bonanza.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    So I read this thread and ran outside to see that there is still no tracker for me (Maryland too) AND none of the pidgeys and rattattas I have caught so far have been dittos. I am also super low on balls because they won't let me drive around and have my small child hit the Pokestops.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    I'm funneling all my coins towards incubators because I'm more interested in maximizing my stardust than XP at this point. Especially now that I suddenly have a very viable Jolteon, Pinsir, Scyther, and Cloyster.

Getting close to maxing out the Jolteon (so pumped he's good now, was always my fav eeveelution), but it'll be a while before the other 3 get to where I'd like them to be!

3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Quick FYI for anyone wondering about catching a Ditto:

Mine came in the form of an 86 CP Rattata that was damn near impossible to catch despite the green ring. I used 4 normal pokeballs, 2 great balls, and finally, 2 ultra balls.

When I captured it, it immediately went into the "OH?" screen and was made into a Ditto

as an aside, they upped the Pidgy and Rat spawns again (thank goodness) presumably for the event?

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I finally got one. It was a Pidgey and now a 369 Ditto.

With one lucky egg and just evolutions, I was able to get 118,000 XP. I should have had more, but the phone locked up in the middle of a Pidgey cut scene.

Dirk2112 on
    NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    Did they nerf my Jigglypuffs?? They all seem way weaker than they were. At this point I only catch other Pokemon for Dust (and then grind them up so they don't clutter my pokemon page). That's irritating!

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    Dirk2112 wrote: »
    So I read this thread and ran outside to see that there is still no tracker for me (Maryland too) AND none of the pidgeys and rattattas I have caught so far have been dittos. I am also super low on balls because they won't let me drive around and have my small child hit the Pokestops.

tracker west of ms river

CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    tracker west of ms river

Thanks.

<grumble>

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    I got my Ditto on lunch break today.

Also, has there been any recent news regarding the Apple Watch app? The only info I can find online is the bare-bones stuff that was announced at the Apple Keynote back in September. I can't find anything more recent than that.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Well, rip the gym I've somehow held for like 3 weeks now. Bleh.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Masamune42 wrote: »
    Did they nerf my Jigglypuffs?? They all seem way weaker than they were. At this point I only catch other Pokemon for Dust (and then grind them up so they don't clutter my pokemon page). That's irritating!

Yep, Jiggly and Wiggly got hit with the nerf bat

• Options
    Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    Masamune42 wrote: »

Yep, Jiggly and Wiggly got hit with the nerf bat

Damn it. Yeah, I noticed the Wigglytuff seemed off too. I keep one around as a threat to the Jigglypuffs about what happens when they get out of line. My Jigglypuffs weren't a threat to anyone! Why nerf them?? (Note: they are a horrible threat to EVERYONE)

• Options
    LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    Sorry if this has been answered already, but was Ditto added permanently or is he just around for the double-XP event?

• Options
    I think Gengar got a bit of a buff. I noticed my Gengar's CP is higher than it used to be.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Lail wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been answered already, but was Ditto added permanently or is he just around for the double-XP event?

I don't think it was explicitly stated but it is hard to imagine them getting rid of Ditto. I think they timed Ditto for Thanksgiving, and also paired it up with an event, to get people back on board.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    So many people catching Ditto, and I have been catching hard lately.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I think Gengar got a bit of a buff. I noticed my Gengar's CP is higher than it used to be.

Gengar is one of the heaviest hitters in the game now, behind Mewtwo, Alakazam, and Dragonite. All is right in the world.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
  • Options
    Xaquin wrote: »
    Mewtwo?

Folks have data mined the game and found stats and movesets for Mewtwo, Mew, and the legendary birds. From there it's fairly simple to rank them against the pokes that are actually available.

Seeing as Mewtwo is just theoretical at this point, the top 3 heavy hitter are Alakazam, Dragonite, and Gengar--much like in the original games.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    So one nice thing about this update, any fainted mons got a free bit of life. My poor supply of revives cried sweet tears.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »

Unless you live outside of a urban area with lots of PokeStops, then you get to be bewildered by the incredibly and consistent incompetence of Niantic.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular

Unless you live outside of a urban area with lots of PokeStops, then you get to be bewildered by the incredibly and consistent incompetence of Niantic.

This latest patch seemed to fix it a bit. If you're far enough from any pokestops, it seems like it reverts back to the "spottings"?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Spoit wrote: »

This latest patch seemed to fix it a bit. If you're far enough from any pokestops, it seems like it reverts back to the "spottings"?

Here are two screenshots from my tracker from October and August : Spoiled for inexplicably huge.
    eMhq8NS.png

TZd1UPc.png

Here's the exact same area as it has consistently appeared since the patch
    B8C69Se.png

It's kind of mind boggling I've never had a company so determined to try to get my to stop using their product.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Spoit wrote: »

Here are two screenshots from my tracker from October and August : Spoiled for inexplicably huge.

Here's the exact same area as it has consistently appeared since the patch

It's kind of mind boggling I've never had a company so determined to try to get my to stop using their product.
    Recently, my client takes forever to actually any load pokemon in the 'nearby' and often needs a restart. Maybe it's working but you're having the same problem as I am?

Taranis on
    EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    I can find Pokemon in the area if I am literally standing on top of them and the tracker will load them in after they've spawned on my screen. Aimlessly wandering around on the off chance I trip over one of the last few things I need for my PokeDex is pretty terrible. This game was the most enjoyable when the 3rd party trackers worked and it was fun trying to work out a route from where I was to where the Pokemon had spawned racing against a ticking clock.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Had a good, if briefer than I'd like day for pokemon. Got my first ditto, a nice 1,800 cp snorlax, and a new best with 9 gyms (and that sweet 9k dust.)

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    I noticed if in the bottom right, your nearby is blank, the game thinks your cheating and is locking you out. A force stop of the game, and log back in usely works for me.

I think most the issues come from them trying to stop cheaters, and making it more restrictive than before.

Antidocicly, I got a second 10k egg way faster when I didn't try and hatch the first one. Continueing this investigation.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Woop. Got my ditto. Can stop catching rats and pigeons now!

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    I noticed if in the bottom right, your nearby is blank, the game thinks your cheating and is locking you out. A force stop of the game, and log back in usely works for me.

I think most the issues come from them trying to stop cheaters, and making it more restrictive than before.

Antidocicly, I got a second 10k egg way faster when I didn't try and hatch the first one. Continueing this investigation.

Not cheating. They implemented a new dumb thing recently where if you are moving at driving speeds (i.e. ~15-20 mph) it prevents all Pokémon from spawning or appearing in that box. You need to be stationary for like a full minute for them to come back. Of course, GPS drift triggers this all the god damn time.

Side note, still no ditto. The game hates me

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Actually latest client has Captcha in it now. I had app up while I was in the car and it triggered a couple times.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    I was told Captcha was in there for a while, you just shouldn't see it. Other than the fact that they made there "cheater" trigger so sensitive, everyone is one.

I didn't know you had to wait a minute, but I knew it would lock you out. Supper annoying when all I did was walk to the next pokiestop.

• Options
  • Options
    Gen II is my least favorite of all the generations. That's not to say there aren't a few notable Pokemon in it -- there certainly are. But overall it is my least favorite Pokedex.

• Options
    Magmar spawn at base of space needle has been good all week. I caught at least one five days in a row.

No amazing ones. . . I have an 1189 CP one that is not great, and whose states don't point to greatness though.

• Options
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Magmar spawn at base of space needle has been good all week. I caught at least one five days in a row.

No amazing ones. . . I have an 1189 CP one that is not great, and whose states don't point to greatness though.

Sounds like a "nest." Nests spawn one type consistently, with the stats always being in a similar range (almost always trash). They're good for getting candy for evolutions and power ups

• Options
    I just got a 10k egg after about a 3 month dry spell of not seeing one. So today is a pretty good day.

I am going to test the theory of having the egg in inventory increasing the chances of finding more. I will not be immediately incubating this one.