As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Been getting GPS not found all day

Signal is fine though =/

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

Signal is fine though =/

Restart the app?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Tried it a bunch

It eventually let me in a few hours after the fact

/shrug

• Options
    TaranisTaranis Registered User regular

Signal is fine though =/

I've been having GPS problems in both Pokémon Go and Google Maps. My ISP has had DNS issues recently as well. Has someone been DDOSing the web's backbone again?

EH28YFo.jpg
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    Oh man I thought it was just me. I was at the bowling alley last night and couldn't spin any stops or anything because of the GPS.

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    It's been a little iffy for me through the event.

Maybe it got a lot more people playing again? Hell, maybe Pokemon Sun/Moon got more people playing again.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    I think I'm kind of done with this game =/

Lack of pokeballs makes catching mons impossible and lack of different pokemons to catch makes it not fun anyway.

It seems they're going to add 100 pokemon this Christmas, but I still haven't seen 52 of the original set

kind of difficult to care about playing a game that is literally impossible to beat (or even achieve various self made goals)

• Options
    Yeah I guess "beating" the game is subjective. Do you beat the game if you've hit level 30? Do you beat the game if you've seen/caught all 142 Pokemon? If so then you'll have a long way to go for the country-specific 'mons.

• Options
    My goal is (was) to catch em all aside from ones I'd need to travel to china or wherever for.

It doesn't seem like that will happen.

the GPS is garbage and I need to walk around 1 mile to get 1km. Along the walk, I can't catch pokemon anymore since items are impossible to get (I'm more rural than city) unless I want to spend $texas.

Even if I spent $texas (or $alaska) it wouldn't matter because I have no new pokemons to get.

I can't bring myself to care about gyms since they're gone in an hour anyway.

• Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    if you're going to spend money, you should be buying incubators anyway. a friend of mine, who started about 3 months ago has every non-region specific pokemon (except ditto) because he has 9 incubators running all the time. he is level 31. in 3 months wtf.

edit: i think he's spent about $200 or $300. he wouldn't specify but he said it was a lot.

Ketherial on
  • Options
    I've spent $10

That's the most important plan to spend on a game that's gotten steadily harder to play since release

• Options
    My goal is (was) to catch em all aside from ones I'd need to travel to china or wherever for.

the GPS is garbage and I need to walk around 1 mile to get 1km. Along the walk, I can't catch pokemon anymore since items are impossible to get (I'm more rural than city) unless I want to spend $texas.

Even if I spent $texas (or $alaska) it wouldn't matter because I have no new pokemons to get.

Sounds like you'd be better off taking a break then. Can't say I blame you.

Perhaps they'll re-open the Pokestop applications sometime next year and allow the poor rural folk to actually get a few stops.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    urahonky wrote: »

Sounds like you'd be better off taking a break then. Can't say I blame you.

Perhaps they'll re-open the Pokestop applications sometime next year and allow the poor rural folk to actually get a few stops.

naahhh that's gone for good

I can't think of a time when a feature supposedly taken out for safety was added back in. Though I'd love to ask people in niantec if they've ever heard of radios, waze, cup holders, and sun visors, all of which take more effort than spinning a blue circle.

edit: I misread

problem with pokestop applications is that there is nothing to apply for in rural areas lol

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    I have been playing pretty heavily during this event, but afterward I am going back to the one stop and one catch a day thing. I stumbled onto a GeoDude nest, so I got a Golem bringing me to 128 different mons caught/hatched.

problem with pokestop applications is that there is nothing to apply for in rural areas lol

In my area, the big red concrete balls outside of Target are Pokestops. If your area doesn't have anything more exciting than that, then I assume you live in Nebraska.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    Yeah my city's pool is a pokestop, and they just took a picture of the pool sign. The "welcome to <city>" is also a stop. If there's a landmark that you guys have, like "old busted tree" or whatever you could use that as well.

• Options
    ah well I could imagine something like that

but they're not taking applications and haven't given any indication that they will anytime soon

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    I have two submissions still "pending" from when they were open. One was submitted in February of 2015 and the second was in July of 2015.

I suspect they still have a wee bit of a backlog to work through before they open up submissions again.

26904.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    DyasAlure wrote: »
    Magmar spawn at base of space needle has been good all week. I caught at least one five days in a row.

No amazing ones. . . I have an 1189 CP one that is not great, and whose states don't point to greatness though.

Sounds like a "nest." Nests spawn one type consistently, with the stats always being in a similar range (almost always trash). They're good for getting candy for evolutions and power ups

https://thesilphroad.com/atlas

That has helped me find and report nests. I have a new knowledge of where they are in my local area. Honestly, a lot are at parks. So I would if you get a chance, submit rural parks as stops.

Anyway, i will keep farming my magmars as I can. I saw one again today.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    new glitch found this morning!

I was attempting to take down a gym this morning and the second I popped my Gengar in to attack, both my gengar and the snorlax I was going to attack died, and the gym turned gray. I never even attacked.

weird

• Options
    new glitch found this morning!

I was attempting to take down a gym this morning and the second I popped my Gengar in to attack, both my gengar and the snorlax I was going to attack died, and the gym turned gray. I never even attacked.

weird

I've watched a gym go from level 10 to gray in an instant. I think it's due to Niantic removing a banned player and just purging the gym or something like that. I know that one of the people in the gym was a hacker.

• Options
    Finally got my Ditto yesterday too! He was on a Rattata... Coworker of mine got the same Ditto from the same Rattata so it's not random on catch.

• Options
    Looks like the Thanksgiving event is over. I'm glad I did my egg today instead of tomorrow like I was going to.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Looks like the Thanksgiving event is over. I'm glad I did my egg today instead of tomorrow like I was going to.

Yeah, I did my egg last night and skipped almost all of level 26, it was great.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Dang, I wanted to buy an egg and use it today. Well, there's gonna be other events.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Dang, I wanted to buy an egg and use it today. Well, there's gonna be other events.

Yeah I forgot, was gonna do it tonight, but oh well

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I think it's because they use UTC time so the events start earlier but don't end on the day they say it will. Oh well. Hopefully they have a double candy event when they release gen 2.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    Ah fuck. I was gonna do that today.

• Options
    did they bump up the buddy candies?

I have been getting 2 candies per find on my graveller?

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    getting one still on my magikarp

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    I think there's always been a small chance to pick up two.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    So I just caught a wild Porygon. I'm guessing they are pretty rare as I've not even seen one or heard anyone mention them in the thread.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    I think there's always been a small chance to pick up two.

this was 2 in a row

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    Incindium wrote: »
    So I just caught a wild Porygon. I'm guessing they are pretty rare as I've not even seen one or heard anyone mention them in the thread.

Yep I've only seen a single one on my sightings list since release.

• Options
    never seen one though I know of a guy who claims to have got one from a 5k egg

I only get pokemons I already have from 5k eggs so I am skeptical

• Options

http://www.serebii.net/pokemongo/eggs.shtml

According to that site he can show up in 5k eggs. I still generally get things I don't need from 5k eggs though.

• Options
    LailLail Surrey, B.C.Registered User regular
    I hatched a Porygon from a 5K egg. I haven't seen one in the wild.

• Options
    KetherialKetherial Registered User regular

i got mine from a 5k egg.

just lucky i guess since i've never purchased incubators or anything.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    I've only hatched (2) 5k eggs that were new to me. Ponyta and shellder (sp?)

I've hatched a LOT of 5k eggs

Edit forgot voltorb

Xaquin on
  • Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    It is exceedingly annoying that I have to quit/reload four times before the game actually works.

• Options
    Are you on Wifi? That bug seems to happen to me when I'm at home, but not when I'm at work. I can launch the game a dozen times a day without it happening at work... But the moment I get home it does it to me.