[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

19495969798100»

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    I guess maybe it already knows you've evolved one

I'm certainly not deleting my game to reach level 25 again

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    The badge and level stuff remembers your previous exploits, but anything with catching, hatching, evolving, transferring, walking etc. needs to be done again for the quest

So evolving Magikarp is by far the biggest hurdle, unless you have the candies on hand

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    I'm pretty boned for the Magikarp one. Took me two years to evolve one. That'll never happen again.

• Options
    I have put Magikarp as my buddy, and using Pinap berries on every karp I see

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    I've been saving my Magikarp Candy for a hopeful Shiny Karp...looks like shiny karp might have to wait.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    That excellent curve throw is going to be a real bitch for me.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Grobian wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Yeah, the dailies are surprisingly fun.

Though don't count on being able to catch Mew anytime soon... one of the goals in that chain is "evolve a Magikarp."

Another one is catch seven dittos or something absurd. I already got a, "Fight a level 3 gym" in an area that has nobody that fights gyms. Maybe I'll be able to solo one sometime this summer.

It's only one ditto. I'll put in tags, so everyone can decide if they want to spoil themselves. The magikarp is really the only one that can be prepared for.
    pxvxeoczgx4p.jpg

You know. I finished #1 and did not get an incubator for it. Unless there's another menu for it that I need to hit to clear it off as complete.

Edit: Yep. 100% that. There's two menus for the quest tracking. Derp.

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    guess I should make magikarp my buddy and walk for a year

again

• Options
    There are a fair number of people in my local Go group that have ALREADY finished the Mew quest. Apparently there are people that stockpile Magikarp candy?

• Options
    There are a fair number of people in my local Go group that have ALREADY finished the Mew quest. Apparently there are people that stockpile Magikarp candy?

I stockpile all the candy I can

because of the potential for stupid crap like this. also, I have 2 of just about every semi rare poke I can find in case of future evolutions.

sad fact is that magikarp doesn't spawn around me much so I'll have to walk it. and since a kilometer is a mile in niantic distance ....

• Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    If you play enough and are around water enough it is entirely possibly or even likely to have plenty. I know I have well over 400 stockpiled just because I didn't need to evolve like a fifth Gyarados.

It would be harder to get with gen 1-3 out though, I definitely see less Magikarp these days even in locations I used to see plenty.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I only saw them on the one water event. as usual, niantic does something entirely cool in the stupidest most unfun way possible.

Xaquin on
  • Options
    If you're really desperate, you can put a Magikarp in a gym and feed it berries for a chance at candy

Anyway, Latias and Latios are taking over raids now

Glad I started playing again just in time to nab a Lugia

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Turambar wrote: »
    If you're really desperate, you can put a Magikarp in a gym and feed it berries for a chance at candy

Specifically, a 0.5 percent chance.

You may as well take it for a walk.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

Anyway, Latias and Latios are taking over raids now

Glad I started playing again just in time to nab a Lugia

I forgot about those pokes. The first of the “unnecessary legendary” tier.

Let’s get some regis!

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    At least earn 5 candies walking your buddy comes before evolve a magikarp. Would be even more annoying if those were reversed assuming you have a need to walk it for candies.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    a

I play pretty sporadically but I live in a water biome. I've evolved two Gyrados (caught 2 more in the wild) and have 337 candies right now. I've also got 3 shiny Magikarps and a shiny Gyrados. Damn things are everywhere around here.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    I find it annoying that Niantic basically decided to reduce Pokemon spawns in general. I know for a lot of people in my area have found getting ghost types difficult at night and Ghost types are suddenly on the same rarity level as a Lapras.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular

Specifically, a 0.5 percent chance.

You may as well take it for a walk.

This really needs to be higher. I'm not sure if it has happened to me even once since the new gym system, and it isn't like giving out 1 candy here and there is going to break the game.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    Well, got Moltres from the Quest Reward today. Only need Articuno, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Mew, Mewtwo, Porygon and Articuno to complete Gen I. Hopefully those others pop up as future quest rewards. :D

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Well, got Moltres from the Quest Reward today. Only need Articuno, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Mew, Mewtwo, Porygon and Articuno to complete Gen I. Hopefully those others pop up as future quest rewards. :D

I expect Articuno and Zapdos to be the 7 day research rewards for May and June, but of course they could pull a surprise like with the community day.

Porygon can (still?) be hatched, so it's basically just a matter of walking those kilometers.

The regionals are likely to be distributed at some point. Kangashkan and Farfetch'd were already worldwide during some events, so Mime and Tauros will probably turn up down the line. Or just all regionals at the same time. I think the last few months have shown that Niantic is trying to get people their complete Gen 1 pokedex by making rarer mons available in some way.

Mewtwo will likely stay ex-raid exclusive for a while longer. I guess, at some point they need a new ex-raid for the hardcores who already have 37 mewtwos, so maybe us plebs can get a chance then.

Mew is
    the reward for the special research quest line

• Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular

Got my Moltres this morning too. That was a welcome surprise.

• Options
    pezgen wrote: »

Got my Moltres this morning too. That was a welcome surprise.

And he won't run away! So feel free to use red balls instead of burning through your Ultras.

• Options
    RuldarRuldar Registered User regular
    And use a Pinap for the extra candy.

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Wow, I haven't raided in months. But I did the two for the special research quest line and actually got an ex raid invite from that. I need to power up my bugs now.

Also one of the raids I did on Easter Monday with my sister while we were staying with our spouses and kids at my mom's home. And she got an ex raid pass for that one. Sucks for her, because that is 4 hours away.

• Options
    Yeah, I got my first Ex pass too :o

• Options
    New event starting up in, uh, a couple of hours. First-gen Pokemon will be a lot more common, and every action will grant double candy.

Hopefully that'll take some of the edge off the Mew grind.

• Options
    LeeksLeeks Registered User regular
    24 magikarp candy in 2 catches is very nice. Not counting what I'll get from turning them in. Now I need a ditto and a few more ghosts.

• Options
    Okay, I'm seeing loads of Pokemon I pretty much never encounter. Machops, Grimers, Voltorbs, Magnemites, etc. If you're in an area that never seemed to get new stuff, you're in luck.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    went from 40 Magikarp Candy to 280 today. Hopefully I can finish this grind out tomorrow! :D

Ghastlys are also everywhere. Hoping to get to the catch 10 Ghost Pokemon event as well before this ends. Overall, this event has been raining Magikarp, Abra, Machop, Staryu, Magnemite, and Voltorbs for me! Some areas have been the Poliwrath baby form thingy. Good event is good

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    pezgenpezgen Registered User regular
    I just caught my second-ever Sandshrew! That Sandslash might finally be mine...

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    pezgen wrote: »
    I just caught my second-ever Sandshrew! That Sandslash might finally be mine...

On my way into work today, I saw and caught my first Sandslash, and I've only ever seen like 2 sandshrew before this.

So that was nice. :)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Don't forget Lickitung, Ryhorn, Tangela, Electabuzz, Porygon, Magmar and Magnemite all get new evolutions in generation four, so take the opportunity to stock up on candy if you can. I'd suggest 100 candy per 'mon you want to evolve, just to be on the safe side.

cloudeagle on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    Someone needs to work on a new thread, just FYI.

• Options
    CatalaseCatalase Registered User regular
    I was really excited to maybe get my Gyardos sooner than next century, and caught a shiny Karp!

...it's trash tier, sadly. But still!

"Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination."
  • Options
    urahonky wrote: »
    Someone needs to work on a new thread, just FYI.

I'm guessing that's up to me. I'll work on it.