Options

[PokemonGO] Now with weather effects!

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »
    I've never heard of nor seen those pokemons =(

I'm at 98 of however many

If any new pokemons (or starters) ever spawned around my area it would be lovely!

It's 151 minus the legendary birds, minus mew and mew2, minus ditto. So 145 catchable, but of those 4 are continent specific (Africa and South America get shit on) so it's really 142.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    How long does double XP last? I have a ton of candy and creatures to evolve. I wonder if lucky egg and double XP would stack.

I have been loading the game every day, catching a couple Pokémon and spinning one stop before doing other things.

NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    Dirk2112 wrote: »
    How long does double XP last? I have a ton of candy and creatures to evolve. I wonder if lucky egg and double XP would stack.

I have been loading the game every day, catching a couple Pokémon and spinning one stop before doing other things.
    So, starting November 23rd at 00:00 UTC and going through November 30th 00:00 UTC, we will double the amount of XP and Stardust you receive when completing in-game actions.

It's very likely that event and lucky egg stack. I used my last one last week, though.

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    I only just found out that eggs are now colour coded. I've had nothing but 5kers for that long that I thought they were all orange now.

10k egg hype on!

They were all the same color until a couple weeks ago. They kinda dropped that in.

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    Oh man, almost used my Lucky Egg last night, glad I got lazy. Double EXP here I come.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Grobian wrote: »
    Dirk2112 wrote: »

So, starting November 23rd at 00:00 UTC and going through November 30th 00:00 UTC, we will double the amount of XP and Stardust you receive when completing in-game actions.

It's very likely that event and lucky egg stack. I used my last one last week, though.

That's how they get you to spend the $$$

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular

RIP Vaporeon (they didn't say but calling it now)

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Cynical Old Man Registered User regular
    ...Alakazam, Rhydon, and Gengar...

Fuck yes!

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    also hurray for alakazam

they still haven't rolled out. my 1400 cp gengar is still 1400

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

RIP Vaporeon (they didn't say but calling it now)

Thought they already nerfed him

I would imagine snorlax and exeggcute or whatever it's called

The walking palm tree that somehow evolves from some eggs

• Options
    Oh, Silph road saying it's already live. It sounds like almost ALL Pokémon were buffed, but some more than others)

One person listed nerfs for:
    Arcanine (boo)
    Hypno (lol)
    Slowbro
    Pidgeot (also lol)
    Dewgong (aww)
    Dragonair (lolz)
    Gloom

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    I dunno about Hypno. Ran into a 1600CP Hypno at the gym today and he was a beast.

• Options
    Yeah, this list on reddit is saying that hypno was boosted

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Yeah I don't know how accurate that guy was.

I am pretty sure looking at mine that Vileplume was nerfed to hell tho :(

• Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Vaporeon was *buffed*, but so were jolteons so at least there's that.

My Rhydon got a huge buff, as well.

• Options
    Polywrath also brought the fury today too. I knew he was a good defender but holy shit he was chewing through my grass types.

• Options
    Hmm, actually I think it's just a curve adjustment. Looking at this low level dragonite I got the other day, it actually went up like 3 CP, even though that's definitely one of the nerfed species

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Hmm, actually I think it's just a curve adjustment. Looking at this low level dragonite I got the other day, it actually went up like 3 CP, even though that's definitely one of the nerfed species

This is my guess actually. Which is why we are seeing conflicting info. Depending on what level your pokemon was, it may have been buffed or nerfed as they change the curve. Although I'm sure there are some that were just straight up buffed or nerfed at all levels

• Options
    I'm pretty sure they changed no stats but only the formula for CP. Maybe removed the weird focus on attack (it had a bigger influence on cp than the other two stats)?

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    My CPs are mostly up across the board, but Hypno is the only one I can see that decreased (slightly).

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Holy crap, all my pokes except my golbat got between 100 and 200 CP added!

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    My Gengar, Snorlax,Pinsir, Tauros,Kingler and Vaporeon have higher CP's and I think my Vileplume has less.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    But yeah, my rhydon got mega boosted, it's now higher than all but two of my arcanines. I'll have to stop treating them as trash mons, and actually bother catching them now

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Holy shiit you're right. My Gyrados is now at 2600 (was definitely at 2100). Gengar went from 1300 to 1800. Yusss.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    ok. just got the update. my gengar went from 1400 to 1766
    though my vaporeon, and flareons all went up. so i think it is a scaling thing
    my 900 ivysaur is now 875
    wigglytuff is down
    does look like the abra line got a huge buff

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    My highest Tangela went from about 1250 to 1650, I'm glad to have all my water-killers boosted. Jynx, Mr Mime, Hitmonlee and Chan all got boosted.

Interestingly though, my starter Charmander went from 52 to 46!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Like everyone else, I wonder if this affects gym results or not. Should affect xp/prestige rewards, but I think the top mons are more or less still static.

VishNub on
  • Options
    VishNub wrote: »
    Like everyone else, I wonder if this affects gym results or not. Should affect xp/prestige rewards, but I think the top mons are more or less still static.

Well I'll be able to toss a Gengar in a gym knowing that it won't be a complete pushover.. I'm okay with that.

• Options
    Dirk2112Dirk2112 Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Whoa, Xmas came early.

I only had one Pokemon over 2K, but now I have 3 Vaporeons, a 2442 Gyarados, 2 ~2100 Rhydons, and a 1917 Gengar (not 2K, but sweet).

My Pinsirs and Kinglers all have gained 500 CPS (they are around ~1800 now) and my Jynx and Aerodactyl have big increases too.

My only question is why did they nerf the Lickitungs? They were good for nothing and still suck.

Dirk2112 on
    NNID = Zepp914
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Either they're really bad at balancing, or they just changed the CP calculation without changing underlying stats (which are more likely what matters for battles).

On the other hand, the update text frames it as a balance patch. So, maybe they're just bad at it (why in gods name is my vaporeon stronger?)

VishNub on
  • Options
    ChopperDaveChopperDave Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    Holy crap, my Rhydon is now 3074 CP. Glad I maxed him out even though all the haters told me it was a waste of stardust!

ChopperDave on
    3DS code: 3007-8077-4055
  • Options
    CyrenicCyrenic Registered User regular
    Either they're really bad at balancing, or they just changed the CP calculation without changing underlying stats (which are more likely what matters for battles).

On the other hand, the update text frames it as a balance patch. So, maybe they're just bad at it (why in gods name is my vaporeon stronger?)

I don't think they changed just the CP calcs cuz my Wigglytuff, who normally fights way above her CP, lost a lot of CP. If it was just the CP forumla changing the Wigglytuff would have gone up in CP, I would assume.

They might have changed both, however.

• Options

I mean, at least vaporeon and laparas might be more easily taken down with the big buff to jolteon?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    This went both up and down. I don't have old screen shots, but here are a few comparisons I did have.

http://imgur.com/a/owFJR

My omastar went up, My hypno went down. Victory bell down. jolt up.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    whoa, did jolteon get boosted? my Electro Pup is now my highest eevee evolve. Hot Dog also seems higher while Soggy Doggy is the same or maybe lower.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Hope Vaporeon wasn't banned nerfed, just because I have been very fortunate thus far and 9/12 of my top CP Pokemon are Vaporeon tanks that I can drop in gyms indiscriminately.

edit: why did I write banned? I knew they weren't going to ban Vaporeon. Total brain fart.

TDawg on
  • Options
    Hp (which depends only on stamina) values are unchanged on the ones I've looked at.

• Options
    All of my eevee evolves were buffed but all my unevolved eevees were nerfed

Very strange

• Options
    KafkaAUKafkaAU Western AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Almost everything in my list got buffed.

Kingler got a massive buff, Slight buff to hypno. Massive to Scyther, slight to Kangaskhan.

Exeggutor & Poliwrath stayed the same.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: KafkaAU B-Net: Kafka#1778
  • Options
    What was the point of nerfing Arcanine? It was already Vaporeon-bait, now it'll be a complete joke.